Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Getting back into the swing of the game, surviving up to the Grit Gate.

Where I get blown away by turrets outside my sight range. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey what's with Unstable Genome? What's the difference between getting level 1 in it or level 3?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Uh, are fungal infections like Glowcrust progressive, or do they only affect one part and thats it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gently caress YOU YOUNG IVORY *bleeds to death*

edit:

I should remember that I've a recoiler more often.

Rip amazing brain dude who died in Golgotha.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Nov 28, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah spontaneous combustion? Barely hurts, I can deal with the inconvenience.

*steps into asphalt while on fire* Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is it possible to mark locations to find them again from the overworld?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The stats of glowcrust are nice but it makes me cry on the inside thinking about it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Holy crap what's all this metamaterial weapons just doing lying about in the flower field? And there's a guy named Saad Amus... impossible? Zapped him with my ice ray, grabbed as much as I could then ran the gently caress away.

I also found two gigantic fists with 120 weight each, 12 pv and 6d2 damage. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You should be able to set yourself on fire to cure it in the initial stages :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I found the Fist of the Ape got and the Femur of another god and three other metametal weapons just lying in the flower fields too. Then half the trees exploded and Saad Amus and Warden whatsisface were having a deadly fight with a portal in the middle spewing out monsters. I grabbed the loot, shot Amus with a freeze beam and ran the gently caress away.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I kicked rear end all over the newbie zone and decided to walk to the Six Day Stilt.

Right into a bunch of Templar assholes lead by a named Templar.

On the plus side I found that Cleave can be used to slowly carve through any terrain given its occasionnal armor-ignoring hit.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 5, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god.

I started up a new character, had the emp burst disadvantage. I walked up to Mehmet to get his quest when I EMP'd.

He caught fire and died. In his remains was a flaming vinereaper. Ooops.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I keep finding camps in the flower fields with bookshelves. A lot of the books are the randomly generated non-libraryable ones though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The other incredibly dangerous situation is if you're wandering around oil or asphalt.

:supaburn:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cmon Joppa hand over those artifacts

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay what's the thing on the interface border? The green dots, arrow, b and a different arrow?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I really, really should just run instead of thinking 'Yeah I'm big and huge now I can take on Saad Amus'

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So all those evil clones have the good clone mutation? :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats what temporal fugue is for, to improve those chances!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are they all jerky?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like the non-overlay interface, but does it really have to hide a third of the screen?

The problem I have with the overlay is it doesnt keep your engaged enemy status on-screen and up to date.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is metamorphosis meant to give you access to a merchant's entire inventory? :stare:

As for the overlay, the lack of an enemy status view is the only thing that's a deal killer. Everything else in it is great, but lacking that one thing is a huge bother.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 17, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Happylisk posted:

Cudgels are fine if you have high enough strength. My first clear of the game was with a true kin (child of the hearth) who was a cudgeler. Strength 30+ alongside skullcrusher gets the job done.

I found the fist of god once. It was good times.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Urgh, welp apparently I got killed by a snapjaw using SOMETHING that basically destroyed everything in a straight line between it and myself and further beyond. So I had no cover as I tried to sprint but whatever it had, it reloaded and fired off again. RIP.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

tooterfish posted:

Snapjaws like their pump shotguns.

It's a good way to get one for free early on! Goes great with force wall. which also makes nabbing one a cinch (surround the critter and unload in its face with impunity).

It's not a pump shotgun. I was not exaggerating. Whatever artifact they were using destroyed every terrain feature in a line between it and me in a 12 tile wide path of destruction.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh so that's what one of those does.

I never had a battery strong enough to power any I've found

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god a lava seep. And I've accidentally stepped in it.

Oh well might as well fill a waterskin with it while I'm here.

Hmm, I wonder if i can drink this stuff.

Oh my waterskin burnt through.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Freezing hands + acid farts.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's an option there in the uh... options.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Then I got the quest 'Visit Dad'

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unormal posted:

• You can now give procedurally-generated books to Sheba Hagadias at the Six Day Stilt.

I found 8 full bookshelves at a historical site and beelined it for the Six Day Stilt and got 8 levels here.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

Still rolling True Men Tinkerers :colbert:

Look at this chump

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its like a big ol loogie so you can run away while the Putus Templars chasing you slip and slide all over

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Storing faces in a chest you're carrying should work right?

Also my fingers are real tired from turning all these books in.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've seen those turning up as requirements for fungal cures in some games. Sure I'll just wander down to the chemist and get a bottle of neutron flux.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay I've never had to choose before but: Decapitate or Beserk?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like the cooldown for beserk is 200 rounds or so... I went for Decap this time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP decapitator maraudette. Saw You have entered lair of legendary something. Didnt bother scrolling back even though I missed it. How tough could it be?

Oh. Legendary salt kraken and it hit for 200+ damage. Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You're going to have a baby (I think it's just one of the non-standard hunger/hydration statuses when you have a mutation that affects those. Photosynthetic? Amphibious?)