Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

How does auto-eat decide what to munch on? Can I carry around tacos as trade goods or should I stash them somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think I've created a self-sustaining oil fire on the edge of a pool of oil slopping out from a weird mushroom. Hope you guys didn't model global warming.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

There's definitely "wide-brimmed hat" out there.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Slug queen convert wandering around laying eggs and the ickslugs are murdering everyone in the stilt.

Well except for the chrome pyramid convert who's pushing all the tents around.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

w key

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think the water consumption for amphibious is hosed up now. Seem to drain my canteens every turn.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ya, auto-drink/pour is not working for my amphibious guy. It tries every round, using water in the process, but no moisturization is occurring. Manually drin(k)ing works eventually, but it seems to take a ton of uses.

same problem here I guess: http://steamcommunity.com/app/333640/discussions/1/350544252317207284/

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Does putting a sharp mod on a vibrokhopesh make a difference?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I spent way too long trying to re-find a bethyl-thingy underneath the grit gate that wanted six stun rods for a gun of some kind, and in the mean time bumbling around I found a vibrokhopesh, eigenrifle and a phase cannon.

The bethyl ended up giving me a chain pistol.

When I went after Slog I may have been slightly over geared. It took me three rounds to kill him: 1. light him on fire with flaming hands for about 35 damage, 2. rifle mark him, 3. (6x) beacon fire crit phase cannon blast for about 135 damage

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 18, 2016

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Aw, game hung on a screen transition and now my save isn't working.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Seems like my previous version save with this new version is a little buggy. Trading doesn't bring up the merchant screen and the game throws an error trying to save when you quit. Newly created game works fine.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If argyve took exception to him.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ok, a dromad trader opened a time vortex and now suddenly the invisible troll boss is chilling at lvl 2 underground somewhere connecting to the waterlogged tunnel under joppa.

Wonder if I'll never get the key unless he dies here? Wonder if the dromad and his saltback crew will even try to attack him?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

:ok:

(lol what's this weird smiley)

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It opens the door in the room that guy is supposed to be standing in.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I must have horrible demonic mind powers because I fell in love with the apple farmer's daughter and then she burst into flames as I was walking away.

Oh for that matter anything next to a campfire is lighting up, too.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 23, 2016

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You don't seem to get credit (or xp) for things killed by clouds of steam regardless.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

I'm not sure if it works when you're on the fast travel map, but if you stash them inside a chest in your inventory it stops you from eating them on the normal map.

Hey this tip saved my life. I stuffed a voider corpse in a box and had it handy when there was a drat leering stalker in some ruins in the salt pan desert. He only managed to stunlock me for most of my health, then I tp'd out.

FYI there are leering stalkers in little ruins in the salt pan desert.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Well another time vortex and now here's the high priest of stilt just chilling.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think wine slimes crash the game or something? Can't get very far into the new quest.

Pages and pages of this in the output log

quote:

ERROR:Exception during turn it's also automatically on clipboard so just paste into IM or e-mail to support@freeholdentertainment.com: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,XRL.World.Statistic].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.Liquids.LiquidWine.Drank (XRL.World.Parts.LiquidVolume Liquid, Int32 Volume, XRL.World.GameObject Target, System.Text.StringBuilder Message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.Parts.DrunkOnHit.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.GameObject.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.Parts.Combat.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.GameObject.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.Parts.Combat.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.AI.GoalHandlers.Kill.TakeAction () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.Parts.Brain.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.Core.ActionManager.RunSegment () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Using a skulk injector knocked my flaming hands into my inventory when it tried to give me burrowing claws.

oh I'm on previous version though

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 30, 2016

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

What's a fun esper build if I think keeping a pet is kinda tedious?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ego based skill ideas:

Synchronization (tactics, 19 ego): Your interpersonal coordination gives friendly beings a DV bonus equal to your Ego modifier when trying to dodge your ranged attacks, unless you are purposefully aiming at them.

Openhanded (persuasion, 27 ego): You can gift the excess value of a trade to improve your standing with the other trader's faction and their allies. The reputation increase is based on the value of the gift and more effective if the trader is considered a famous person.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Whenever I run into a unique with burgeoning it seems inevitable that they will aggro their entire posse with friendly fire.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

What's the ungodly 70 pound "blast cannon" ->16 1d10 and what do I even load into it? Not a cell, not slugs, not a missile. Wonder if it shoots boulders or something.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ah. Showed up on a mangled corpse, iirc. At underground lvl 20

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

2x "mental aggregator" hats

Do I have to get a crony to wear one or something?

(I may be going too deep, I'm on my like 5th phase cannon found for the run)

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 8, 2016

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can mod a slender willowy swarm rack down to 187 pounds and then probably the skill works on it, too.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I'm (only) at level 36 and I can take on small packs of chrome pyramids and leering stalkers because I have 38 dodge while wearing a mercurial cloak, along with 26 toughness and regeneration. Even with a few of them firing at me at the same time they can't pin me down and even when they do wing me I just get teleported. I can't damage them very quickly but I can slowly dismember the dangerous parts of them with some serrated vibrokhopesh.

What's the correct plural form of "khopesh"?

Now my only true foe is the memory usage warning.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you're careful about not getting blasted by mind sunders on low hp, then the only other annoyance is confusion, and there's really not that much of a problem just staggering around and stabbing things while confused. Plus you can make yourself immune with sphinx salt.

You can also just walk away from packs of sightless way guys.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

So if Klanq wants me to do my business on a highly entropic being, who exactly am I looking for?

On that note, I think curing the glowcrust that I got on the same trip has broken the command for sporing.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 16, 2016

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

So in worshiping the past, present and future, he just kinda forgot about the two other towns named mesherhubarb or whatever?

Also I guess it was just the first town, twice.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Folded carbide wristblades seem go on the normal % chance to activate and get all the benefits from dual wielding skill tree and the dagger dual wield skill, even on mutation arms. I.E. if you have all the skills you have something like 150% chance for an attack, which is one attack and then a 50% chance of another.* Haven't tried them on robo arms.
Not a bad use of a polygel if you find both.

*Similarly, regular two armed slobs should put their best dagger in their off hand, if they have all those skills bought.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Clever Spambot posted:

Follow up to my earlier post, yeah i made the quest unwinnable on that character. The plot item didn't spawn on top of a mushroom on my followup character so i was able to beat it. Ended up dying on a second trip to the rainbow woods because i was just holding down the move button and not paying attention and somehow ended up with the "stuck" status effect listed on me 10 times and the 5 or so slimes around me were actually like 80 stacked on one tile because thats how many times i got attacked each turn.

That quest was super cool though, i liked getting infected with the special fungus and needing to infect a bunch of different places to get it to go away, and the silly visual effect that happens when you eat the flesh

If you save while under the effects it shows on the loading screen when you come back.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think a rocket turret shot 'projectile' at me, which exploded, but then I passed by it and autolooted it, at which point it exploded again?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Why would my quickness have dropped 20 points? It's at 77 instead of 97 even at normal temperatures (3% off for double hearted)

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Overworld map squares correspond to 3x3 cells of local screens, might be you're just off to the side of it?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

A slumbering unique just phased itself in the middle of a fight with me and then went back to sleep.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Nah it should all go in one square adjacent the sparkbot. Probably it's that glass bottles are funky somehow for the game to ID and aren't being recognized properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

There's a 100% chance that the good clone shows up.