Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Unormal posted:

The ammo change from last patch was actually part of the pistol refactor too, but I had slung it in early by accident.

Speaking of ammo changes, can we make the slugs and shotshells basic for all tinkerers? It's kind of silly to gate that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

amuayse posted:

Is there some way to buy an entire stack of items (ammo, vinewafers, etc) in one button press?

Space. Space takes the entire stack.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Is there an ETA for stopping when you SEE a ranged enemy, instead of just getting hit by one? I'm a bit tired of watching auto explore dance out into the full rain of two different seed spitters until I actually took damage. It also ignores chaingun turrets until they fire too.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
It came from Tumblr!

A loss of a snail.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Obviously the devs now need to put in some (meaning: a ton) of random, worthwhile, optional quests that cause you to have to explore those areas :colbert:

"Wanderer, we are the Hourmen, and we have some settlements that need help..."

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Wandering lost, stumbled onto a location I know of from artifact questing, still lost.

Is that intended?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
I have my flaming ick ingredients ready, but I have a tiny problem. I haven't seen a canteen the entire goddamn game.

I have clay jugs, I have oilskins, I have glass jars, I have water skins, I have not seen a goddamn canteen.

Can I just light my clay jugs on fire? Or toast an oil skin or something?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Okay, stupid question time.

Is there a way to do A Call To Arms easily as an upstanding member with the Putus templar?

Or should I just stand back and chuck grenades at them, because it's as far as I've gotten.

Side note: I had to turn permadeath off because holy poo poo do the full screen color filters wreck my ability to see and play the game.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Unormal posted:

You can horse around with all the display settings by copying display.txt to your save directory and editing it.

Any tips for what I need to look for as a colorblind person with a strong hate for your full layer filters

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Unormal posted:

Not sure what you mean by full layer filters. Set true things to false to disable stuff.

For Nightvision goggles, rage vision, and skulk injectors?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Unormal posted:

Ah, no there's no way at the moment, but it's been requested a few times so I'll add a toggle at some point.

Ah, okay. They make the game literally unplayable, because the blue filter makes everything that lovely black blue I can't see, the green filter is eye searing and the red filter is annoying. And it strips out a shitton of on the fly info so I have to look at everything individually and blah.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
"You gather 954 drams of fresh water"
Grahhh... I never run out of food or water, and auto explore is crazy about looting this fresh water weep. Why are these still here if they aren't even limits or provide stat training or anything.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

How does Decapitate work? Is it better with two axes vs. one big axe? Does it scale with any stats?

It seems to randomly proc and just behead enemies, leaving an edible head behind. I haven't noticed it scaling with anything than hits on target.
Using Berserk is better for targeted slaughter, but Decapitation tends to end fights without triggering on death effects.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Good to very good. No slime pools, no baby snail spawns, no explosions.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

I dived into around level 100+ of the Ashphalt mines and only had to come up to drop off all my loot.

A portable hole generator would be great for ridiculous pack rats. Or a recoiler chest? Hmmm.

Try a hoversled, they're hilariously useful.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Speaking of fire ants, is there anything you can do about them other than carrying around some salt water to douse yourself with after they set you on fire? Are the cold/heat resistances from armors/mutations worth it? In all my coqing I've yet to really notice it or figure out fire ants beyond turning around.

The best option is to carry gel or something that won't evaporate, and douse yourself with 10 drams every few turns. You can apparently soak 6k+ heat this way.

ALSO.

Do NOT burn a King Magma Crab corpse. They output enough heat to ignite you at 20 squares. I learned this via liberal "structural engineering" via thermal grenade MkIII.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Unormal posted:

• Added a UI option to disable full-screen color effects (e.g., skulk and night vision) for accessibility.
  • Turrets chirping in view now terminate autowalk, explore, and wait actions.

gently caress yes and gently caress yes 2: loving yesser.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Unimpressed posted:

Cheers! I didn't think of getting food in the wilderness... Oh well, I get to do it all again, the beauty of roguelikes...

And if you get sick of that, go into the asphalt mines and walk out with several hundred pounds of crab legs.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Do Flaming // Freezing hands affect unarmed damage? I Want to make a puncher build for the fun of it.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

The real question is, can you find a cloning draught weep?

stealth edit: or a neutronium weep?

All I want is a freezing gas weep.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Well, I'd love to be that mechanist.

Some good converting right there.

There are also multiple salt krakens. :|

Post poste fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 12, 2017

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Orfeo posted:

Follow up question, then. How vital are the gathering skills, harvestry and butchery? Is one better than the other, or is in-game food gathering even necessary?

Butchery is passive, and therefore good.
Harvestry is active, and requires a 75 turn cooldown per use, and therefore trash.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

bazomatic posted:

What is the reason for a cool down on harvesting anyway??

200 turns, so you can't just sit on one tree and spam it for food. I tried it out of boredom, you starve slightly faster than you can harvest.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Is there anywhere we can do feature requests?

I have a request to make auto explore pick up trash if you have the skill to rifle through it, and to adjust for when walls are added or removed from the map >_>

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Is there a more elegant solution to the three Bethesda Suda bosses than "Fire wildly towards them?"

I did a few tests with perma death off, and the easiest solution for all three was to just get decent LOS and just let rip with the carbine until they all died, it was more reliable than grenades or electrobow or whatever, but it still feels terribly lame.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Welp, auto explore teleported me through an enemy, leaving me in a hallway, with a chaingun turret on either side.

RIP me.

Autoexplore is a special kind of broken.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

I'm pretty sure in some places turrets spring up behind you after you pass them as traps.

I've also had seed vines, cragmensches and rustaceans do this. Are they all trap deployable too?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Here's a question. water skins and canteens hold up to 64 drams of water, but they only fill up to 32 drams at first, then fill the rest of the way up when that is exceeded.

Is that supposed to happen? It seems bizarre.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Attempting to explode the Trembling Dunes for science and fun, and the entire floor was covered in shale walls. I cleaved away a few spots, then used the explore debug command. The stairs down is wished for, and apparently leads to the cellar, which is locked.

So it goes.

Floor 2 is also shaled out, floor 3 is as normal.

Post poste fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 14, 2017

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Glimpse posted:

Trembling Dunes is kind of a vestigial unfinished thing. If you noclip down several levels you can get to an actual place, but there's not really anything there.
I've been to the bottom before :V In rusted biomes, it's a series of Bethesda like floors, filled with steel loot and steel level enemies. And a cybernetics shop.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

I guess this is the end of my search for Pax! If I toss a grenade, I can aggro him, I can root invisible trash off the floor, but I can't interact or see anything of him.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

bazomatic posted:

Save and reload, I had something similar but not the same thing and it fixed it, so maybe?

Naw, there's no kelp bound scroll or eater's fleshcaps either.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

"heavy weapon" is a bit of an understatement...

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

bazomatic posted:

It's the one thing tedious enough in the game that actually stops me playing (for like a few hours or days). My only win so far was because the fungal cure in that game astoundingly required a leech corpse, which had the opposite effect of trivializing it since I just stockpiled leech corpses.

Yeah, I just started wishing for whatever dumb corpse it wants. Once I got over the hump of 'cheating' for stupid things like "electric snail corpse" or "wof corpse" the game got a lot less frustrating. I would still get liquids the traditional way, which is skimming around fungal forests for a weep.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

If constant, significant amounts of regeneration is too game-breaking, you could always make it into a Salve / Ubernostrum tonic on a 100-200 turn cooldown, or something like that.

Or make it scale to HP missing, so it's only at high power when you're actually dying.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Unormal posted:

One note (I'm not implying a meaning, just saying) is that even in it's current form, it's the #2 mutation picked, right after night vision.

Well yeah, it looks much better when you can't see the numbers...

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Unormal posted:

Yeah, for sure, we used to be obscure and now we try to document things pretty clearly when we touch them; but the old stuff that hasn't been touched in 6 years is still just undocumented, largely.

This is me officially putting pressure on you to add documentation to things, so we have proc rates, healing rates and turn based effects on everything as clearly as tonics are notated. And eventually a tonic cross effect section in the help files.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

John Lee posted:

I dunno, I like explicit numbers on a lot of things, but some things I would rather not see the guts, you know? A tonic cross effect section would render what is supposed to be chaotic and surprising gameable.

I just mean a list of what does and doesn't happen, and the approximate turn effects, not what the exact causes is. It feels very forced that I need to panic everytime I see two booster bots at once, though that may be the intention.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Maybe this is old news, but it's new to me.

You can crush walls with gem deposits in them to randomly get gems.
So I finally have a use for the pickax!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

MShadowy posted:

that just so happens to have the added benefit of reducing/removing things I find tedious.

This is why I take skilled butchery and jam a glowsphere in my throw slot, or just spawn a fresh water weep next to merchants after I find one in the wild.