Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Is there any reason not to stash excess water somewhere? Stuff's heavy. It won't evaporate or get stolen or anything will it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Mr. Lobe posted:

The only problem with water hoarding is, are you having fun doing it?

I like to stand in front of the poor and pour a full canteen of water right into the sand.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
No, True Men are pretty much straight worse than mutants.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
You're allowed to think that's cool, but personally I think that's just really repulsive and would greatly inhibit my desire to play the game. The fungal infections are already a bit much.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Also, kill all snailmothers and their hellspawn on sight. As soon as an ickslug gets to you, it's all over and you lose 10 movespeed permanently because the ironshank cure will never fully remove the permanent debuff you get from contracting it in the first place.

That's really stupid.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I would think a goon would be all over talking to walls.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
If you aren't aggressively curating a face collection I think you're probably in the wrong thread.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Qud's biggest obstacle is the setting isn't as immediately parseable as orcs and goblins. I see a goblin in a game I know it's a lovely green caveman who thinks a club is the height of weapons technology. Qud you might run into a goat and won't instantly know that goat has a rambo-style bandolier of grenades or whatever. When that goat blows you sky-high it can feel "arbitrary" since how could you have ever known that goats are all about elite demolitions?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
In my experience taking evil twin basically just guarantees that your demise will be glorious instead of ignoble. You'll definitely be super dead though.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
remember remember the face to dismember

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Multiple arms melee is good but you should get some advice from people who have played it more recently than I have as to the exact mechanics. There's some details regarding multiple attacks and wielding multiple weapons which aren't as simple as Two Axes = Twice The Attacks, but I haven't played in quite a few patches so I don't want to talk authoritatively about a system that's probably been tweaked by now.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
How do short blade builds work? They can't penetrate armor without just as much strength as any other weapon, and if I was going to invest in strength I might as well just go axes and get my bleed damage by chopping off limbs.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
So it sounds like my options are basically:

1:Invest in strength
2:Suffer until midgame, then get elemental mods or vibroweapons

I've never even seen a vibroweapon. Where do they drop? I can just about get to Grit Gate before I can't really hurt anything anymore.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Thanks a lot for the advice all. Yeah I water ritual'd the mayor of my starting town and he's killing everything for me at the moment, but I know from experience it's only a matter of time before he tries to kill a cluster of chain gun turrets, or just eats poo poo in Golgotha.

My mutations are multiple arms, multiple legs, advanced hearing, mental mirror, and I think irritable genome.

I've put a lot into agility and toughness, average ego, above average intelligence and willpower just for skill points and cooldowns. Dump stat'd strength at 14 thinking I was going to deal damage from a million bleeds, but it turns out everything is crabs and robots and Templar squires in plate mail. As you suggested I definitely am leaning on my ranged weapon right now. I'm just trying to hold out until I can get through to Grit Gate and buy 1000 bullets and stop rationing my desert rifle.

I did early run to the Stilt(nomad start rules) but had pretty bad luck with shops, no tinkers in the stilt at all. I guess short blades are just not competitive at this stage of the game? Hard to imagine wanting to use them instead of anything else if I actually had strength. Hopefully I can find an elemental mod data disk. Do short blades still inflict bleed if only the elemental damage goes through?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Does the Dual Wielding skill stack with the attack chance from the multiple arms mutation? What if you also have arms from another source? (Chimera bonus limbs, Helping Hands, etc)

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Haha holy poo poo. Thanks for the explanation. So if I have Multiple Arms it's the upper arms that are natural and thus benefit from Dual Wielding and Jab, but not my Multiple Arms mutation rank. The lower arms are unnatural and benefit from Mutation rank and Jab, but not Dual Wielding skill.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what about Horns and Stingers?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Are Spinerettes any good? Reducing enemies to -10 DV sounds incredible but it looks like enemies just path around webs most of the time, and they're useless at range.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I'm actually getting past Golgotha regularly now, (without diseases, even!) although the only time I've gotten past the trolls was in a run where Axe Murderer spawned 4 feet from a legendary saltback that just ate him for lunch. What's some good strategies vs. the Trolls? Last time I lost my arm to a throwing axe before I could even see the guy, and he's no less lethal in melee.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Is there a way to befriend them without getting lucky with water ritualing or grinding schroedinger's pages from stilt merchants? Page grinding is really boring...

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

andrew smash posted:

I think if you set it to primary limb it just swings with it every time you attack and makes a regular attack roll. I'm doing the same thing right now. It's crazy good, sadly doesn't have many other buttons to push. I have carbide recipes for a few elemental breath attacks now but there's no big reason to use them because they're all much worse than just getting Horny

Having an elemental breath also makes you resist that element, so I'll often carbide a breath recipe just for the resists.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Trying a new build with the confusion Stinger and Beguile - turns out the confusion venom from an upgraded stinger imposes a massive penalty to the enemy's check to resist mental stats. I started as a greybeard to get Berate for even more penalties to enemy mental resistance and now I can regularly charm enemies 10+ levels higher than me. Any ideas for good targets to beguile? I was thinking maybe the pope.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I found a mechanist disguise and the +500 relations let me ask the pope to join me in a water ritual, costing me -400 relationship points for the favor. Then I took off my disguise and the cathedral guards hated me so much they beat the pope to death :(

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Does anyone actually buy the First Aid skills? They seem so useless for their cost. 100 skill points to improve bandages is a joke, I've never even seen the crippled status effect, and Heal just doesn't offer anything I don't get from Meditate or Tinkering for salves.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Confusion Stinger is so good for Espers you guys. The mechanics are totally obscured but upgrading the stinger of the stinger applies an increasingly stronger penalty to MA and all mental stats, including Willpower, which affects MA itself. If a beefy guy ambushes you as soon as you exit a stairwell just give him the ol' brain scramblin' poke and he'll be either guaranteed to fair his Beguile resistance check, or take like double damage from Sunder Mind.

It only costs 3 points on character creation and basically upgrades itself since you can just drop a couple points on it early and then just let all your Excited State bumps take care of the rest. It's poo poo at dealing damage since it can never penetrate more than once(why?) so it's really mediocre for chimeras and physical boys but it's an incredible pick for espers. The toughness check to resist its status effect very rapidly maxes out at impossible for anyone - a salt kraken with 30 toughness will fail his resistance vs. a level 7 stinger 95% of the time.

The way it lets you dumpster enemy resistances lets you keep a modest Ego and dump it all in Willpower. You'll still be super effective, have lightning-fast cooldowns, and keep your Glimmer low to boot. Scorpion wizard!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Why isn't there a tier named Precognition

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Where's the best place to go for polygel? Just anywhere high tier?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
How does elemental damage interact with AV? Just bypass it entirely?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I keep getting tempted to try for a Max Speed build with multiple legs, quickness, photosynthesis, and adrenal control, but I'm never going to be high enough level to max all those out.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Is there some way to highlight quest objectives? I'm supposed to put something on a table for this village quest and I've spent forever in this lair and can't find the drat table.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Is there a way to see ambient temperatures or can you only see your personal temperature?

Sorry I keep asking all these small questions, the discord hasn't let anyone in for weeks.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
How do you get through high AV with a pistols build?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

mdct posted:

With the new pistols, mainly, in the beta.

Great, thanks. I guess the best place to get them is just to mess around in high-tier zones?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

prisoner of waffles posted:

I can’t get the nearby items list to show up even when it’s turned on in options. Is there some magic I can do?

It's broken in the stable version. It works in the beta, which most folks in this thread are on.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Is there any way to get items to stack properly? I assumed it was due to things like items having slightly different hit points or something but I just tinkered up a bunch of brand-new grenades and they still don't stack reliably.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Does the Sharp modifier do anything on vibro weapons?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Emong posted:

Yes, it makes then penetrate at the targets AV+1.

Snake Maze posted:

Yes, it turns the penetration into enemy AV +1, which is fantastic.

Awesome, thanks, I was hoping it would do that.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Does Normality work vs. Reflection Shields?

edit: Explanation: A cherub killed my chair friend and I ran away and want to go back and kill it out of spite

Mzbundifund fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 5, 2021

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Carrying shade oil around sounds like irresponsible time-cloning to me. Do clones use items you're carrying in a chest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Where do you even get precision nano fingers? No way you’re getting both tinker III and having enough agility to max out the dual tree on the same guy.