Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
So I walked into three madpoles on accident. Lost my right arm, left hand, and face. Only my face regenerated when using the freebie Ubernostrum injector from joppa. Is my character dead short of looking up how to wish more injectors?

Also this game is amazing. I'm about thirty hours in on the steam release. Loving every minute thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
My no armed stabturtle cleared Bethesda Susa. Somehow. And now the baetyl for the main quest won't talk to me. This poor guy's life is Hell. Any advice on how I can resovle this?

e:sp

Duderclese fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Aug 15, 2016

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Must say, after deleting my farthest save thus far to a presumable bug, I've been having infinite amount of fun with this game. Absolutely worth every penny. Will recommend to every friend with any free time! Massive thanks to UNormal and all the devs!

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Finally hit #1 on the daily build yesterday. The only real early game obstacles I could find were two mimics. One in the waterlogged tunnel going down from joppa, and another up from the other end. Died because I was getting tired and the clock was approaching midnight. Solid daily though, I'd like more with drawbacks I'd never take like spontaneous combustion; it seemed to do more damage the higher level I was which was a nest way to scale the drawback and keep it relevant.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Zeerust posted:

Do Bloated Leeches drop corpses? I had a fungus cure require one, but I've never actually seen one drop.

Yes. Though for the most part I just wish corpses up for cures. Its usually too much of a pain in the rear end to find them. Especially when its salt kraken or something equally awful.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Siljmonster posted:

Yes and you can also use it to punch walls forever as 4 armed mutant named Kyle.

As a four-armed mutant named Kyle who puts a LOT of holes in drywall after snorting lines of sphinx salts, I feel personally attacked by this post.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Looks like inputting world seeds is broken on my version since the update today? I put the seed in, hit start game, and it just boots me back to the New Game menu. I can't highlight any op the menu options but I do hear the mouse-over sounds. Pressing escape from this point allows me to highlight and select a choice again, but as previously mentioned inputting a seed doesn't get me where I want to go.

Game is amazing Unormal and crew, y'all deserve all the praise possible.

Edit: Upon slightly further investigation; The seeds I'm inputting aren't the same seed I get at the bottom of the character sheet. For example: trying to input Tuxedo Catfish's BEMOMMEMBCBEBLBOCB Gives the output seed of BDKJMMNLBHBQBRDKDZEG. Dunno if this information is at all useful.

Edit2: This is beta branch, I'm sure that's helpful to know.

MMF Freeway posted:

Just to be sure, are you entering the code via Chose character build from library > Enter code? If you put a character code into the world seed option you get weird results

Yeah turns out I shouldn't try and play before having coffee. Thanks so much.

Duderclese fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 25, 2020

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Hey Unormal, found a bug(?) in beta on the daily run!

Using metamorphosis(lvl2) on Warden Ulraig spawns a new Ulraig, then gives me the error : "Well, the player managed to end segment with no current cell and that's not ideal so I'm going to return the player to a cell on the current map."

edit: Checked a few other targets and yeah, metamorphosis just seems bugged, lol. Talk about game-breaking. Infinite water rituals!

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

verbal enema posted:

gimmie a sling weapon

With a bonus vs. cragmensch?

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Robo Reagan posted:

any way for an esper without tinkering to up their carry weight?

Using ego projection to pump strength in the short term. I imagine the cool down and duration of the buff would make this too much of a hassle to keep up constantly unless you have crazy high willpower.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

ancient legends of this place warn of a malady called Reef Madness, that drives men to acts of rage and gluttonous hunger

I had read legends of the bad fish, and his reefer minions.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Unormal posted:

Nevermind we found it, hotfix going up.

This is my absolute favorite thing about the game. User finds issue: dev fixes. Obviously I don't want Unormal to work on Wyd for the rest of his life, but drat it's satisfying to see the turnaround on bugfixes.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
True Kin Or Your Money Back!

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Zesty posted:

Looking to get rid of my hooks for feet. I don't have dismember. What's the most reliable way of ridding myself of them?

Precognition your way into a sawhander or madpole would be my first guess. Assuming you have a reliable way to regenerate.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Zesty posted:

Imagine playing Caves of Qud and having the subtext go over your head so hard.

Wait Qud has subtext?

:thejoke:

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Dandywalken posted:

I hate fungus infections graghhhh!!!

Hope the mod that removes the "bite this specific worm" requirement still works

This is one of the few things I just wish away. It's not particularly compelling gameplay to track down a spark tick corpse and two drams of gel to shove in a spray bottle.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Gimmick Account posted:

Okay, so this is maybe not unambiguously a bug, but even if it turns out that fullerite handbones are heavy enough to crush someone, the [implant] part should probably be omitted from a gravestone!

Thank you for this beautiful image.

Qud is great. :allears:

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
So I adore this game and play it basically daily. What's the best process for getting into the discord? I've been in the waiting room like two weeks.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Wafflecopper posted:

not sure i believe you tbh

This is a quality post. Also;

King of False Promises posted:

I'll vouch for you in the discord and you should be able to get in a bit faster.

Thanks.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Seems like Golgotha. But I really hope not. I adore Golgotha for what a huge gut check it is. It asks several questions that if you're early to early mid-tier build and don't know what's coming, you may have no answer and I adore that about it. About Qud.

Qud is absolutely a learn and be better game. Yes, of course, it is possible to beat it on your first playthrough. But I'm sure 99% of players are gonna splat to a hulking baboon or some other early threat and go:" Well drat. What could I have done to avoid that death?" and push on.

Therein lies the spirit of Qud. It is the scientific method: the rogue like. gently caress around and find out. Die lots. Grow. Be better. :black101:

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Idly starting a new run in King of Dragon Pass I noted that one of the clan generation options is to help your god and his son track the "Sky Bear."

You can not convince me this is not related. I have found the pre-apocalypse world that Qud takes place in. :tinfoil:

I just hope he has a ceremonial vibro khopesh. It'd really help fight off those ducks.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Unormal posted:

We have it all planned out and it's gonna be good.

Better or worse than the end of Adventure Time?

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Unormal posted:

lol I haven't watched Adventure Time; I should watch it with the kids probably.

It's a great kids show, and definitely has enough adult humor you'll enjoy it too. But the kind kids laugh at because they don't get it.

For Qud content: y'all making me wanna try a horn run. I haven't reliably gotten through beth sus in ages.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Johnny Joestar posted:

i once had a fist of the hearth star build where i was only able to beat two of the trolls by slamming injectors to the point where i was on fire and unaware of what was going on around me but i kept blindly swinging. somehow worked out. i'm not complaining.

This is extremely cool and good. What a game. :allears:

Just wish my beta weren't borked. My non beta game has all sorts of messed up keybinds and such. Can't even change my primary weapon. :smith:

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

eke out posted:

the horns/regen build posted upthread worked great, i'd never played anything like that

and when i needed to get to places i couldn't, i just bashed my antlers against walls a thousand times until they broke

So I am playing a similar build but took the space time vortex negative trait. So in practice, I only use charge on walls I need gone, and it procs two vortices every time. It's very satisfying. :science:

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

t3isukone posted:

Recently started playing. Was wondering a lot about how to get started, reading and watching things. Until suddenly this one run worked-not because of strategy or character builds or me understanding the game or anything, but because on spawn the warden in Joppa immediately murdered the questgiver guy as well as a bunch of farmers and for some reason Mehmet(?) had a fullerite longsword that does 1d12 damage. So now my randomly generated water merchant with poo poo toughness and no knowledge of how to use swords is running around killing all the crocs in one hit.

This is a good game.

EDIT: then I died of overconfidence because of a random snapjaw warlord who spawned in the salt marsh while I was walking around on foot.

New player posting is the best. I'm not good enough to give advice, but please keep us updated on learning new fun ways to die.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

t3isukone posted:

Not a fun way to die, but this playthrough I got excited because a legendary gunsmith's workshop spawned in the marsh right out of Joppa. The gunsmith wasn't there. There were no hostiles. There were only empty boxes. I went down to the dungeon level. It was loving covered with empty boxes and several rooms, all of which were filled with empty boxes. Chests and baskets were both included.

It was weird.

Also in one of my runs the Zealot wandered into one of the houses with a chest in Joppa and I had to wait for her to leave before I could properly rob the place. But then I got killed by a croc.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to murder that poor cat because I didn't notice it whilst plundering chests in Joppa.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i started a serious character for the first time in, oof, it might be going on a year now, and proceeded in absolutely classic fashion to fill all my gear slots before leaving Red Rock, get an early vibroblade tinker from the Barathrumites, be ahead of the leveling curve but not so far as to lose out on the Masterwork Carbide, and then promptly took two more steps than i should have in view of a chaingun turret and died

anyways i'll see the new content eventually, i just have to remember how to git gud

I'm curious what you consider to be a serious character. If you'd be willing to share.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

hee

and yeah i think the slugs give you heavy, plastifer-level gear that have massive elemental resists (+20 on the shoes and gloves that i saw)

Nice

For substance: despite having never gotten past omonporch I have managed to put over 300 hours into this game. :black101:

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

AtomikKrab posted:

I have begun collecting oil from the mines to sell at the stilt to save up for that neutron flux

Level 5 of the mine had a corpse that was not covered in tar, it had... a jewel encrusted laser pistol

Update: Even deeper into the mine, many crabfriends, few enemies, tar everywhere, I am liking how the names change as you descend in the mines. I wonder how deep it goes.

I have passed the tar pool into the lava fields, everything is on fire, the crabs remain my friends.

Level 27 currently, angry ants and friendly giant magma crabs. I have discovered a set of flawless crysteel gauntlets. I assume those are high end goods.

Level 28, I have found a taco. I assume it is valuable and good because it is purple

I am loving these updates.

And yes, I believe flawless crysteel is top tier gear.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

peachsynapse posted:

Playing for the very first time, inspired by the stories. Am not particularly familiar with roguelikes.

Ah, the game wants me to rebind my keys. Okay.

I bind T to talk.

I press T to talk to Mehmet.

I throw a grenade at him.

But T is bound to talk... and thrown weapons has no keybind...

What gives?

I've heard of some hinky stuff with keybinds and the new UI. That's a bit odd though.

Also, still VERY Qud that your character decided to throw a grenade as a form of greeting.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Angry Diplomat posted:

Nice! Now you've reached the hard part :unsmigghh:

Deciding what to do after grit gate? I always struggle to find enough cold resist for Bethesda Susa.

Spoiler if you've never been there. Just want to preserve the gimmick, because it surprised the hell out of me the first time.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

DebonaireD posted:

Funny thing happened - a lithofex turned my hologram into a real statue. I wanted to spray a brain it but it didnt take.

Knowing this game as well as I do this sounds like a bug. Lol.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Sounds like was the operative phrase there. God I love this game

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Snake Maze posted:

A tinkerer with a desk covered with cringey apple farmer's daughter figurines.

From what I understand of the lore their true shape is nigh indescribable.

I love this game. :allears:

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

where are you getting that from? i'm only aware of their poetic description and the book "artless beauty", dunno if i've missed something

let us spray-a-brain them for a new Pygmalion achievment

I may have interpreted that book completely differently. That and the (l)ok description.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Scaramouche posted:

Upgrade hand-e nukes to do this whenever used on the overworld. You need 15 regeneration to survive.

This should absolutely come with it's own mutation. What with the enormous amount of radiation involved.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Molybdenum posted:

Yeah, the / on numpad is what toggled it on and off. I discovered it during my last play session.

Those mind ability guys are pretty rough. I also really like the effect for confusion. Goofy log entries, tileswaps, etc.

Trying to use ones inventory whilst confused is also fun. :allears:

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
This is the second time I've seen a wall of people cursing not knowing this feature exists.

I was in the first wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

victrix posted:

You just made me realize how much I would absolutely love narration in this game

And singing, in some places

I have a burning need to be a part of this effort now.

Thanks for this.