Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

stun rod?

also i just found a fully charged grit gate recoiler and the corpus cholyis at the bottom of red rock and then died to a fuckin' jilted lover

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mechanist convert Great Magma Crab just killed me, next steps???

so i thought that all the converts were just supposed to be mechanamists, and not have any other faction affiliations? i think i might have been hated by crabs but i was on decent terms with the mechanamists

e: wait gently caress i had that waxy fungus mutation, is there any chance i sloshed wax on it which caught fire, and which it interpreted as an attack?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

your fears are unfounded

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tell you what i think they were just looking for an excuse

death by life

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

have you tried banana trees? there's bananas all over the place near omonporch in the north east, you'll need harvestry to... harvest them

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just to check, the six-day stilt's an oil rig, right?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's in the middle of a great big salt waste, there's a bottomless drillhole/pool in it, and it's next to the asphalt mines

also the name "stilt" makes me think it's on... stilts

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

do mercurials heal to full when damaged?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

four chaingun turrets in a small room in grit gate, for some reason

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mr. Pool posted:

I've yet to see an enemy with electric resist

i found a bear wearing a rubber suit once, carrying lots and lots of honey

it was a weird time

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

life comes at u fast

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm still not really au fait with combat and judging threats, but i've got a ceremonial vibrokhopesh and a crysteel longsword, and a strength bonus of +9. what's the rough AV cutoff point where i'd want to use the khopesh over the crysteel?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

actually i have a two-handed ursteel sword as well, and the Giant Hands implant...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol i reckon you had Neutron Flux chosen as one of the random-chance-of-a-random-effect-sometimes things that you get even if you cook without any specific ingredients

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i suspect the mung bean

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i believe that was from the mung bean

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

how is this real

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

seems rather a dick move

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i befriended robots and now i roam the deathlands, buying the weapons from leering stalkers and immediately dismantling them in order to get their sweet sweet AI microcontrollers

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i was slain by a friendly chrome pyramid, in the lair of a legendary leering stalker, because it saw a worm and decided to annihilate everything

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

also i keep finding like six ruins any time i walk anywhere

anyway, turns out Primordial Soup sells for as much as wine?? if you can fight goats you have infinite money wooo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

make sure you don't get a plated knollworm!!

i think you need to be running around on floor 3-4 of the underground for best results but even then, welp

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

two arms? quitter

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's really annoying that the gelatinous palms a) have a typo'd name and b) are a member of the Trees faction, whereas the death daccas seem to be... i dunno, but they default to hostile and if you kill one in front of the electric flowers at Omonporch they get rowdy

also is this name a bug or working as intended?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but my waaater

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well i mean that's just horns/doublemuscle/manylegs, and either marauder (for instant charge) or warden (for instant shield slam)

BJUMMKGIBEBLBOBPCBDN is a warden build. fiddle to your heart's content; it includes amphibious (+water drinking is not an issue), night vision and mental mirror to counteract low WP. however, you may have better success with low Ego or Int instead, because WP directly affects skill recharge times

i would suggest spending your first 200 skill points on tactics -> charge.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hey how come the rainboweave cloak weighs like 15lbs despite being described as "so light as to feel totally weightless"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

also how come i didn't quit a ruins deep-dive after getting like eight of those superexpensive tinfoil helmets and a load of metametal weapons

"level 30 is a good stopping point". fuckin' chrome pyramids

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

drop the water by vendors. water is not a good use of your carry capacity.

are there any jewellers in your world? you could buy gems

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:saddowns:

why the hell can't i genocide the Putus Templar!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

as opposed to the newly sentient beings

anywya it's all a bit moot i got lifedrained to death from about thirty parasangs away after recoiling to grit gate

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah but they're newly se

nevermind

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

something else that would really help would be to have a rainboweave cloak weighing less than 15lbs. just saying. maybe some sort of hitherto unexplored connection between positive steam reviews and a lighter cloak

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

killed a few snapjaws, lemme just walk north onto a new map screEEE

(true kin, thankfully, but... christ)

e:

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 15, 2018

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

got eaten by a pair of rimewarks

there's really nothing you can do against them, is there. they're dodgy as gently caress, they're armoured for bear, they freeze you in place and they do about 25-30 damage per bite if you're lucky

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol i wasn't in beth i was in a ruin on like floor 3

and yeah, cold resist trivialises them, but if you ain't got it you're hosed. there's no similar flame version, is there?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Icetongue posted:

Also I had one character die because a Beetlebum ate a Ursteel weapon and I attacked it while standing next to a Salt Kraken who crushed me. It never occured to me that Salt Krakens were insects or grazing hedonists or whatever factions Beetlebums belong to.

lol christ

i think they're grazing hedonists. it would be swell to be able to see the faction of a creature. i've had a casual browse through the XML and can't find where this'd be listed though

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fucks sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ah yes let me just supply this baetyl with seven minstrel tokens

mind you i had another one that just wanted bedrolls, so