Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
How did you not die of mind sundering, thats too many Sightless Way goons to mental mirror through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah including vendor inventories or at the very least a 'navigate across X strata/fields to get there' button for the ones you know about.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

You need a lot of skill points for dual wielding, and going with int will tempt you to take tinkering. I don't know how to help sorry.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Honestly I would never expect 'miasma' do to anything but cause nausea so I got my skin melted off.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Can the vents be stopped? High explosive grenade didn't seem to do anything but it's always hard to tell if it landed where I want.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Since screen transitions roll for getting unlost traveling north or south moves through screens faster. Also speaking to any sentient will unlost you immediately. Consider getting an Issichari banner if you find one for easy safe travel across the desert (minus the lizards).

Actually that's a good point I want to expand. At the start of the game before you've managed to change your reputation very much you can rely on disguises and reputation items to make life easier. The iron neck ring makes baboons like you, the issachari banner stops those rifle guys from killing you from 200 miles away, crocassins are good for winged serpents (and crocs but they're nothing), goggles give insect rep, there's tons of them. A character that starts with the neck ring can pretty safely wander around the canyons without fear of instant offscreen baboon death.

Crimson Harvest fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 30, 2020

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

anyone got any good waterskin mix concoctions? Are there any?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

So is there any place where I can find crysteel or better lying on the floor? I dug down to about ~32 under the asphalt mines (ffffffuuuuuuuuucking lava caves) and broke into a non lava strata, where there were plenty of dromads selling zetachrome that I can't afford.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

genericnick posted:

Also hope you have a lot of friends. It get's pretty scary down there.

It's fine I'm very fast and my face grows back instantly when cut off.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I need those phase cats to cut it off a couple more times so i can cover all my face slots.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I really want to become friends with robots :(

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

My teleprojector got burned up by lava before I figured out what it was for sadly

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Carry lots of spheres of negative weight. So far I've found 3 :V

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I recovered three drops of nectar, cooked and ate them, got the stat buff once so I'm pleased.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Out of curiosity is there anything that improves odds of regaining your bearings? Like I get the function of the mechanic and it plays into the survival elements of the game but that was some pretty crazy lost I just got.

Definitely gonna invest in the jungle lore skill at least.

There is equipment that does help, I'm likely to start finding it pretty regularly by the time I'm ready to go into Golgotha

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

If they would stick together and try and swarm I'd find them more manageable. I inevitably have a million poison gas grenades ready to handle them.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

So you're saying I should smash dudes with stopsvalin before going for the quintuple limb removal with flurry

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Unormal posted:

Fixed some issues with creatures being unable to act for several turns after spawning because they were assessed an action cost to equip their initial gear.

Are they not supposed to stand there for a turn or two when you enter from the edge of a map? I thought this was a concession to the player -.-

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

My guess about the effect of the mark is just inventory control, like a product tag on company property. I get the feeling we're only seeing a tiny fraction of the process in there, at the very last steps.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

dead gay comedy forums posted:

back at it after a long hiatus

one swing decapitation against slog, four armed kali war goddess of axes sends her regards

have u ever considered being friends with slog instead

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

yeah I've been bothering Jerry about it for weeks now

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I hope the Brotherhood of Man or whatever comes back and crushes the Putus with their Priests of Syrinx.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Could you ctrl+space on it to force the big interaction menu?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Sounds like you need more dodge than you get from Spry, really. AV starts increasing pretty fast around Bethesda Susa so maybe take detour around the goatlands to get some better armor first?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Or does it change your classification to Former True Kin

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Kin Citation Needed

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Makes me think about the potential for No True Kin, where the Kin has factions that disagree on how best to make Qud their ideal domain.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Changing phase doesn't break Sunder? Because I can't think of any other reason to own phase gas grenades but this might be a good one.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

You might want to look at Temporal Fugue then, you hit it and a bunch of clones go nuts killing hostile poo poo for you. Proselytize and Beguile are really good for getting extra companions, and you can equip them by chatting with or Dominating them. Try gaining control of a creature that has its own entourage and see how you like it.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

It's 10 regen to be immune to decapitate. Any equipment attached to a dismembered part needs to be recovered off the floor, don't forget your stuff.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Becoming nooks start showing up pretty often around in caves under ruins

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

I found a hand-e-nuke in a random level 2 marsh cave (I think just off of the tunnel?) in my newest run. Still not sure entirely what to *do* with it. :V

Donate it for the achievement and mad rep

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

What could kill me of neutron flux-like crushing out in the wild, in a normal surface jungle or ruin?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

If anyone finds Pax Klanq in the revised rainbow wood feel free to spoil me anything that helped.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

genericnick posted:

Come to think about it I think the heart of the forest pop up didn't pop when I did it in the alpha. I found the eater's flesh though.

I found exactly one, not the previous little configuration, and it wasn't any place close to the path.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

genericnick posted:

Yeah, in the canyons they are vile. Otherwise they're OK.

Agree, I try to eat digging claws food for it and just brute force.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

What to do against swarms of mirrorbugs? My cherub companion dunked all over itself and I nearly did too.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah ok maybe i'm just using horns and could kill myself in 4 hits with reflect oops

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I found an ancient artifact that was pretty much an oldschool nonblessed scroll of Genocide from Nethack, but was disappointed that Trolls was not one of the factions you could delete from the map. To preserve the keys perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

In the infirmary, it's got 3-4 kinds of recovery bed