Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I haven't played much of this game, but I accepted the main quest and decided to just roam freely. I found a cave, and on the first level were worms which I killed and it stated that I completed that quest (red rock quest, find whats eating the watervine)

is that suppose to be a possibility? Sadly I died a few moves later so I never got to turn it in :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Jeza posted:

Yep! Girshlings can be found randomly and it will count for the Red Rock quest, as they are what's eating that watervine. That's not actually part of the main quest, which begins with the Tinker in the bottom left of Joppa. Red Rock is more of a softball dungeon to explore without much possibility of getting splattered by something unexpected.

Ah I see, makes sense then.

Synthbuttrange posted:

There's 3 stages to that quest. Find Red rock, get the grishling corpse, turn it in to the village. Are you sure you didnt just do step one?

Yeah I'm sure.

Well I did go there but it was full of monkeys so I decided to explore elsewhere. Went into a cave killed one creature and completed the 2nd part of that quest.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Check out the options too, there are some different layouts that may be more noob friendly. One shows hotkeys and whatnot.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I play a fair share of roguelikes but I've tried playing qud a bunch and for some reason just haven't been able to grasp it. I've read a few guides too but for some reason it just hasn't clicked at all and I'm not sure why.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I haven't played in a while but wanted to check out some of the new UI stuff however it seems like some controls no longer work? For example, I can't right-click on items on the map to get descriptions, and while trading hitting tab doesn't show descriptions. Is something wrong with my game, have the controls changed, or is it just not implemented yet?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Dang! Very nice

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Tomato's going to be playing some Coq today!

https://twitch.tv/tomato

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Wheres the deck footage at?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
What settings are people using for 2560x1440? I can't seem to get it to fit the screen nicely.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Unormal not sure if I'm missing it, but I'm currently playing on a pc connected to TV with just a controller. I know I can hit the X in the top left of the menu screen to exit, but I can't seem to select it with controller?

I've had to connect a mouse just to click it and exit. Could you make it so we can either select it with mouse, or move exit down to the rest of the menu?

Or is there another way to exit using a controller that I'm missing?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Anyone care to share how they have this setup om steam deck? Can't seem to get it to play nicely.

Is there an easy way to reset settings (not just button mappin)?

Also, seems like I can't navigate the items menus using the new ui?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I am! (If that is the one called beta - input beta)

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Unormal posted:

Ah, theres a reset to defaults in key bindings. Theres also a prerelease inventory and trade screen you can toggle on but they're just poc prototypes. Theres no finished modern ui for the character sheet screens yet.

Ty! Does the reset to Defaults only reset keybindings or other settings too? I toggled a bunch of stuff and don't remember what, so want to reset it all.

I'll disable the prerelease inventory and trade screens for now.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Basic Chunnel posted:

It was probably a pipe dream anyhow (honestly thank God it hadn’t actually been committed to before this fuckery, lmao) but I imagine going afield from Unity complicates the possibility of Mobile porting?

Godot supports mobile out of the box and it's easy to build your project for it, so no worries there!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZU4LpzlOQg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Just wanted to report that whatever work you have been doing on controller support is much appreciated!

I've been checking in on steam deck every few months, but never played too much due to some controls not being mapped (trade inventory for example)

However that all now seems to be fixed!! It's amazing!! If anyone tried on deck and found themselves fighting with controls, try again, it's night and day!