Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I have not attempted this in years. My record is 84 floors. I've got all my partners maxed out and I got a bunch of good items. Level 23, with 15 HP (20 factoring in my HP+ badge), 30 FP, and 51 BP. I think I can do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Good luck. TTYD is one of the best RPGs ever made.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Good luck OP. I'll see you on the other side

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It was pretty harcore when I did it ten years ago. Good luck gamer.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Go danger mario because danger mario is hilarious.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

Go danger mario because danger mario is hilarious.

I'm too frightened to do that. I'm having my souped up partners OHKO everything in the first 50 floors instead.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mabels big day posted:

I'm too frightened to do that. I'm having my souped up partners OHKO everything in the first 50 floors instead.

Danger Mario build pretty much OHKOs every enemy, including the last boss, when you do it right.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

going into the 50+ floors now... the real challenge begins

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mabels big day posted:

going into the 50+ floors now... the real challenge begins
The True Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Starts Here.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

just got a poison mushroom bingo

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Hey op, I know you can do this. Which partners are your favorites? If I had to rank mine, I'd say Vivian, Bobbery, and Goombella.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

danger mario is invincible and oneshots everything, its actually cheesing the game. do it legit OP. danger mario is too easy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A cool drat horse posted:

Hey op, I know you can do this. Which partners are your favorites? If I had to rank mine, I'd say Vivian, Bobbery, and Goombella.

I like Goombella and Yoshi, but for the pit here, Koops is doing most of the heavy lifting so far.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope you get lucky and run into the vendor when you need it OP

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'll pray for you, gamer

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Chillin on floor 90. I know I'm close to a level up, but I've used up one of my two life shrooms. I should have bought more but i was low on cash. The hardest thing is wasting a turn tattling enemies that are this deep down. But I must do it for 100%

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

just got 65 star points in a single battle

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

just got 65 star points in a single battle

that happens down there

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the next to last fight is five of those ultimate laser beam assholes and theyre probably harder than the boss

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler

I forgot to check what I had before going in but I must have over prepared last I played because it was a breeze. Should've beat it earlier.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

the next to last fight is five of those ultimate laser beam assholes and theyre probably harder than the boss

I just used supernova on them, so i'm going into the boss without full SP but i have full HP and FP, and I have exactly 69 BP.

Taking which badges i go with very seriously here

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I just used supernova on them, so i'm going into the boss without full SP but i have full HP and FP, and I have exactly 69 BP.

Taking which badges i go with very seriously here

hes really not bad. hes exactly like the dark dragon fight in the last dungeon only he hits like a loving truck

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler
Yeah, either use Vivian or be really good with super guards.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I did it . It was pretty freakin hard. I ran out of FP a couple times so I just had to save up for Sweet Feast. big MVPs go to Koops for using Shell Shield to block the breath attacks so mario wouldn't get status'd to much (realized this a little too late) and also the Couple's Cake I had which kept me in the game for a long time. pretty much every single one of my party members saw use, except goombella who fell asleep on the first turn after she tattled and i never got to use her again. i did not bring enough healing items with me, but i clutched it out

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mario ended the battle with full HP and only 1 FP. goombella had 22 hp and was sleepy, koops had 14 hp. both flurrie and yoshi were at only one HP, vivian had 6, bobbery had 11, and ms mowz had 10. drat, that was tense

final status: level 30, 20 +5 HP, 30 FP, and 69 BP.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

mario ended the battle with full HP and only 1 FP. goombella had 22 hp and was sleepy, koops had 14 hp. both flurrie and yoshi were at only one HP, vivian had 6, bobbery had 11, and ms mowz had 10. drat, that was tense

final status: level 30, 20 +5 HP, 30 FP, and 69 BP.

congratulations bud :)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nice. i apent this afternoon teaching myself to suck my own dick. i didnt make it but i got close

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

nice. i apent this afternoon teaching myself to suck my own dick. i didnt make it but i got close

you can definitely do it man

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I did it . It was pretty freakin hard. I ran out of FP a couple times so I just had to save up for Sweet Feast. big MVPs go to Koops for using Shell Shield to block the breath attacks so mario wouldn't get status'd to much (realized this a little too late) and also the Couple's Cake I had which kept me in the game for a long time. pretty much every single one of my party members saw use, except goombella who fell asleep on the first turn after she tattled and i never got to use her again. i did not bring enough healing items with me, but i clutched it out

congratulations

keep trying

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Good luck. Sucking your own dick is one of the best RPGs ever made.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

i wish i could suck my own dick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dec 26, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Good luck. Sucking your own dick is one of the best RPGs ever made.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thank you for your support everybody

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This thread was a roller coaster

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
grats, mabels big day!