Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

I had to wear the chicken hat to get through that mission, and it was insanely rewarding to watch the brutal interrogation afterwards w/ Big Boss still wearing the hat

I figured out the Trick to it after hiding in a toilet for a couple minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Win.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There's an audio tape of a soldier blasting turds into a toilet in this game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

where do I get that tape

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

where do I get that tape

Explore the toilets in game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Explore the toilets in game.
I'll explore your toilet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I just realized you can be naked snake if you want.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hit left and right on the screen with the suits.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

so can you pet the dog or not. im getting mixed signals.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you can, its great!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not counting the 5 hour nap I took, Steam says I've played for 27 hours straight. Pretty epic.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Hit left and right on the screen with the suits.

Can only swap between scarf and scarfless. Well, good luck to you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The title screen says I'm 16% done with the game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Never mind, I made Snake take his shirt off. Good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What's everyone's favorite tiny detail. Mine is when you look at lights or the sun there's a Light Hitting The Camera Sound Effect.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

What's everyone's favorite tiny detail. Mine is when you look at lights or the sun there's a Light Hitting The Camera Sound Effect.

The sound design while sneaking is amazing. All the ominous tones when soldiers get close or lights touch you.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder how many of these people who scored it under 90 are just bad at the game or tried to shooter their way through everything. Also how do you review something you have finished. Edit meant to say haven't finished

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

I wonder how many of these people who scored it under 90 are just bad at the game or tried to shooter their way through everything. Also how do you review something you have finished. Edit meant to say haven't finished

I have mostly shootered my way through everything and its fantastic. The game is equally fun as a shooter or as a totally silent, no-contact sneak game. I prefer to sneak in and C4 comms equipment/anti air radars/vehicles if i can't fulton them without being detected etc. Then once I find whatever the objective is I blow up all the C4 and call in a chopper right on the enemies doorstep and fly out guns blazing. It's loving badass.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

The sound in general is really, really well done.

This is definitely a headphones kind of game

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Is 5 alright on the PS3? I don't give that much of a poo poo about graphics or online, just wondering if they removed any big features or anything

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Is 5 alright on the PS3? I don't give that much of a poo poo about graphics or online, just wondering if they removed any big features or anything

I hear the draw distance is piss.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

The Russian troops yelling Suka blyat when they see the mischief I've done in their camps.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

NienNunb posted:

Its good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

The Russian troops yelling Suka blyat when they see the mischief I've done in their camps.

That's some drat win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's badass that Kojima decided to make the most cinematic game of all time without even having that many cutscenes in it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
D-Horse is a very, very, very fine horse

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

It's badass that Kojima decided to make the most cinematic game of all time without even having that many cutscenes in it.

I feel like I'm playing a Bond movie or something with how I creep around

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hearing Kief talk to the dog with rough compassion is epic as all hell...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like the petting animation because it's so intricate that Snake doesn't like turn his whole body to pet the dog if it's behind him or to his side or w/e, he does like a normal person in the middle of battle would do and like look over his shoulder and reach behind him or w/e.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's close to edging out the Light Sound Cues as my favorite tiny detail...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It also pays mind to Snake's stance, where he's reaching to pet the dog, etc... I bet it was a lot of work and they spent that much time making petting a dog look as real as possible.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

It also pays mind to Snake's stance, where he's reaching to pet the dog, etc... I bet it was a lot of work and they spent that much time making petting a dog look as real as possible.

this game is the best game ever made.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh hell yea... Quiet listens to badass music... I've walked in on her blasting Ultravox... Joy Division...

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Oh hell yea... Quiet listens to badass music... I've walked in on her blasting Ultravox... Joy Division...

she was bumping snake eater last time i was at here cell.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

she was bumping snake eater last time i was at here cell.

She's the one.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

episode 17 is horseshit!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Oh baby

• Locked thread