Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lol who the gently caress gets two billion dollars and leaves their friends hanging in the grind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

he never really had friends

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
but what if theyre only friends BECAUSE OF THE MONEYYYYYYYY????????

instead i will only hang out with my pre-money friends

what do you mean you need to go to work

im so alon

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

if I made a lot of money idk if I would give it to my friends. idk why though. some strange form of honor.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cat Face Joe posted:

lol who the gently caress gets two billion dollars and leaves their friends hanging in the grind

I mean, yeah, that's the other thing. even if they'd feel weird just taking your money, find out what they've always wanted to do and do it with them. if they want to run a restaurant, buy a restaurant and put them in charge. like wtf. it isn't that hard

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

BONGHITZ posted:

if I made a lot of money idk if I would give it to my friends. idk why though. some strange form of honor.

i wouldn't give my friends money if i only had like 5 million, but notch can literally spend 25 million a year for the next 50 years

he should be recreating entourage his friends

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
thinking about it if my friend made a billi I wouldn't want them to just deposit a few mill in my checking account or hire me to drive them around, I'd want them to produce some sort of creative project of mine

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what a waste. all your endeavors are trash and will cost me money.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

imagine the malaise of having the funds to do anything but zero ideas or desire to do any of them

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if notch is looking to start a theatre company, well, im available to manage it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
notch, if youre reading this, i dont have a resume. but ive been producing theatre for years. please, text me.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

hes playing metal gear solid five the phantom pain of loneliness right now sorry

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
if i were notch shitass pet fuckers would be a real thing

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
notch was going to give a lot of cash for psychonauts 2 or something like that, what happened?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

then he got high

then he got high

then he got hieigh

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe posted:

if notch is looking to start a theatre company, well, im available to manage it.

lol

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
change is change and trauma comes from positive change since all change necessarily involves a loss.

not unsurprising, i'm quite sure he'll get over it

if he can avoid becoming the thing he hatesa, he'll likely be justr peachy.

northern europe isn't well adjusted to extreme wealth what with their japanese like jante laven/the nail that sticks out gets hit thing, but, being a progressive bunch, i'm sure it wont be a big problem

pram
Jun 10, 2001

url posted:

change is change and trauma comes from positive change since all change necessarily involves a loss.

not unsurprising, i'm quite sure he'll get over it

if he can avoid becoming the thing he hatesa, he'll likely be justr peachy.

northern europe isn't well adjusted to extreme wealth what with their japanese like jante laven/the nail that sticks out gets hit thing, but, being a progressive bunch, i'm sure it wont be a big problem

wtf are you even saying

pram
Jun 10, 2001
durrr jante law *buys 70 million dollar mansion in beverly hills*

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

pram posted:

wtf are you even saying

:/

change, even positive change can be painful to a degree.

northern europe is contradictory in that it's "don't stand out" mentality can isolate the sucessful, but despite this they are socially progressive and (by and large) inclusive so I doubt he's lost his old friends.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
*enters thread with zero context* ah an excellent opportunity to slobber on scandinavias collective dick

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Perplx posted:

he should be recreating entourage his friends

yeah exactly

the thing is, he could do this in a nerdy way too

like just start a production company and pay his friends to help him fart out weird game ideas then farm them out

doesn't even matter if they make money doing it just do a thing to keep away the existential crisis and keep your friends employed and around without it being a blatant "i'm paying you to hang out with me" weird thing

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Symbolic Butt posted:

notch was going to give a lot of cash for psychonauts 2 or something like that, what happened?

"hey, i'll pay for psychonauts 2's development"

"okay it'll be 20 million"

"whoa not that much"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
loss aversion is a hell of a thing

i hope if i ever somehow make billions of dollars i won't hoard it like that dweeb

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

pram posted:

*enters thread with zero context* ah an excellent opportunity to slobber on scandinavias collective dick

svensk are humble, sturdy, superior people who fold their hanzo steel 10,000 times

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah exactly

the thing is, he could do this in a nerdy way too

like just start a production company and pay his friends to help him fart out weird game ideas then farm them out

doesn't even matter if they make money doing it just do a thing to keep away the existential crisis and keep your friends employed and around without it being a blatant "i'm paying you to hang out with me" weird thing

he did this. some article came out six months ago or so about how he and another person from minecraft started a new studio in an office building and everything, and they just played cookie clicker while looking out the window at people in the opposite building doing work. it made notch sad

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Triglav posted:

svensk are humble, sturdy, superior people who fold their hanzo steel 10,000 times

he did this. some article came out six months ago or so about how he and another person from minecraft started a new studio in an office building and everything, and they just played cookie clicker while looking out the window at people in the opposite building doing work. it made notch sad

oh lol that sucks

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

he should put all his money in a CD and try being rich again next year

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

pram posted:

you misunderstand, that I think he'll be fine doesn't mean I think he's any less of a whiny bitch, just that he has potentially the worlds best social welfare to support him if needs be (rendering the isthenotchdeadyet.com kinda redundant).

I went to denmark with good reasons. I left for the same number of, or more good reasons.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah he also has his billions of dollars

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i think he'll be just fine as well. good on him, the ol notchster :unsmith:

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

how much credit can a billion get ya?

can he borrow another billion?

can he buy an island in international waters, declare the independent island nation of minecraftia and declare war on, idk, antigua?

maybe winning a war will cheer him up

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Triglav posted:

how much credit can a billion get ya?

can he borrow another billion?

can he buy an island in international waters, declare the independent island nation of minecraftia and declare war on, idk, antigua?

maybe winning a war will cheer him up

i was told as a kid that the safest thing to do with a lot of money is a reverse mortgage/debenture to a bank. but, given the poo poo theyve pulled in the past god knows how long, im thinking thats the third worst bit of advice ive ever received.

(#1 stop posting
#2 dont worry just pull out - itll be fine)

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

reverse mortages sound good for olds who wanna buy stuff and dont mind leaving nothing behind

a final gently caress you to your rear end in a top hat kid/heir

"enjoy selling the estate to pay off my debt, fucko"

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Triglav posted:

reverse mortages sound good for olds who wanna buy stuff and dont mind leaving nothing behind

a final gently caress you to your rear end in a top hat kid/heir

"enjoy selling the estate to pay off my debt, fucko"

when you lend the money to a bank, and they have to pay it back over 20-30 at extortionate rates with premature payoff penalties etc etc, is how i thought debentures worked.

i may be off, but how is that bad for the kids?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

should an untimely death occur, the heir must continue paying off the debt, or sell the estate to pay off the debt and maybe get something, or get foreclosed on and get nothing

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

probably works better for commercial entities where the loan is against a trust held by multiple people and not on an individual and their house

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BONGHITZ posted:

gently caress yeah just give a million bucks to each person that wished you happy birthday on facebook that year and gently caress everyuone else! hahah i guess you sholda wished me well. i wish happy birthday on everyone on facey

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

maybe turn off birthday notifications first so you dont reward Gary From First Grade Who Only Said It Because He Saw To Interact With You

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nah he earned it. you got billions man and you can turn a dudes life around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

banksy does it again

• Locked thread