Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does the roof on Ashe mean they can keep to the scheduled matches there?

The roof is for next year :)

They had to tarp over the steel beams to stop weird shadows on court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Semi-related but James Blake on his way to the Open was slammed to the ground for the crime of standing while black.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/ex-tennis-star-james-blake-mistakenly-tackled-white-cops-article-1.2353983

NY Daily News posted:

Former tennis great James Blake was slammed to the ground, handcuffed and detained by five plainclothes city cops Wednesday outside his midtown hotel before heading out to the U.S. Open, Blake told the Daily News.

The officers, who were all white, mistook Blake for a suspect in an identity theft ring operating around the midtown hotel.

The incident occurred around noon in front of the Grand Hyatt on East 42 St., as Blake, a 35-year-old African-American who attended Harvard before going on tour, was waiting for a car to take him to Flushing Meadows, where he was making corporate appearances for Time-Warner Cable.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
This is such a quality match. Up there with Azarenka v Kerber.

edit: Also, I feel like I haven't seen this level of resilience and focus from Halep in a while. She looks 100% zeroed in. Might still lose, of course, but it's great to see.

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 9, 2015

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Alright Simona serve it out

e: :woop:

Popero fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 9, 2015

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Azarenka still lacking sharpness. Halep has never beaten Serena and can't see that changing the way they are both playing.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Yeah, with Vika and Kvitova out, I would bet the house on Serena winning no matter how lovely the odds.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Halep looked like she was literally going to die on the court against Lisicki; Azarenka was the only realistic alternative.

Comedy option: All-Italy finals

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Federer is playing loving amazing and it's going to make the loss to Djokovic that much more crushing

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
roger is the greatest and will be forever.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
federer developed a new tennis move at age 34 he is almost as great as ryoma echizen

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

And people were wondering if the weather was going to gently caress with the schedule for one last time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Waynebo posted:

federer developed a new tennis move at age 34 he is almost as great as ryoma echizen

lol

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Halep got the poo poo ripped out of her by Penetta :clint:

e: C'mon Vinci, gives us a shock!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Sodium Chloride posted:

Halep got the poo poo ripped out of her by Penetta :clint:

15 straight points at one time, forza ragazza

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Congrats, Serena, on the Grand Slam

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Congrats, Serena, on the Grand Slam
She would've murdered Halep.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Women's tennis is a wasteland. There's nothing here for us.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Men's tennis isn't healthy either.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
I remember when Del Potro was going to be the next big thing and break the stranglehold of the 'big 4'.

:smith:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Vinci has made it a match!

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.
The commentators are driving me crazy with their refusal to give Vince any credit at all. It's not just Serena imploding, you jerks. Vinci is playing well, I think!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Buddy Holly posted:

The commentators are driving me crazy with their refusal to give Vince any credit at all. It's not just Serena imploding, you jerks. Vinci is playing well, I think!

Given that point that just got her back to deuce, I'm inclined to agree with you. Especially after that MONSTER ace right before.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Omg Vinci broke! Two games away from the final. It would be a marvellous gently caress you to all the people who bought women's final tickets to see Serena do the grand slam.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Oh, wow. I did not expect this to go down to the wire.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Serena gon lose

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This might actually happen

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

crowd is annoying, commentators are annoying, Serena VERY dramatic (and annoying)

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
serena owns, this match owns

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

bewbies posted:

vinci owns, this match owns

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

all Italy finall...

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's weird how Serena has had so many struggles this year to low ranked opponents. Sure Vinci (and Watson before) has played well but Serena is chucking in errors.

Well done to the USTA too for helping Vinci by maiming Bouchard.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You typed this as a joke but congrats. Hope you put a bet on it :)

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Holy poo poo. She really lost. Good job, Italian lady.

Also, LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Holy poo poo. Yeah, I should have totally made a wager

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
that was bloody fantastic. THOSE DROP SHOTS

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I'm looking forward to Drake getting pissy about this, like he did the last time.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
wow, that's pretty wonderful.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is the greatest thing that has even happened in the history of tennis.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Thank god. I'll never be happier to half-watch 2 bad 30 year olds fight it out for the championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

bewbies posted:

that was bloody fantastic. THOSE DROP SHOTS

Seriously. I wanted Serena to win but god drat did Vinci earn that poo poo. That was godlike.

• Locked thread