Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

GaussianCopula posted:

I just want an HBO/Starz show about Kane's/Nod's quest for world domination. The games aged really terribly outside of the videos.

God I never knew how bad I wanted this until now. Someone tell Joseph D. Kucan to put that poo poo on Kickstarter because it would totally make a shitload of cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

But... it was supposed to be the FINAL CHAPTER... :negative:

indeed it was.

:rip:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

That said, go do Kane's Wrath.

Ok, doing this next.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Kane's Wraith is done, moving on to C&C4, I want people to recommend thread titles.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

That seems like a question more appropriate to ask your lp thread

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

"C&C4 - Yup, it's still poo poo."

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Who would you vote for President: Kane or Trump?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Generals was definately the most fun one, I used to love suicide bomber rushing on multiplayer with the GLA

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

VoLaTiLe posted:

I used to love suicide bomber rushing on multiplayer with the GLA

You monster, they just wanted a pair of shoes.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Man, I loved Tiberian Sun. I got a real kick out of building bases surrounded by laser fences and turrets.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Deakul posted:

"C&C4 - Yup, it's still poo poo."

I guess I'm going with this because nothing can change this fact.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I still come back to C&C3 and RA3 from time to time, and I'm still surprised they managed to make them good and cool.

Frankston posted:

Man, I loved Tiberian Sun. I got a real kick out of building bases surrounded by laser fences and turrets.
There is some sort of real sinister atmosphere in that game which is real good.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The music helped. It was a darker, more ambient atmosphere rather than one interlaced with peppy rock music. Granted, a game can always be improved by such things but in this case it paid off not having it.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I guess it also helped that all the alien poo poo was still very mysterious, as was Kane. They fleshed out the lore a bunch but not overtly.

Never the less, the scrin still own... unless you're playing against them. :shepface:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think I said it in the previous CNC thread, but the Scrin in CNC3 were absolutely amazing to me. It was the first game I'd bought without knowing anything about it in advance, so I had no clue they were going to show up. Just about poo poo myself when they appeared on the nuclear convoy mission. :allears:

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

I really enjoyed how they showed things from both sides - when you first run into them as GDI, there's a lot of panic about how even the ion cannons didn't scratch them! They just split up and landed all over the world!

Then you get to the bonus Scrin mini-campaign campaign and see things from their end, and the Scrin reaction is "WHAT THE gently caress THEY'RE SHOOTING AT US WHY AREN'T THEY ALL DEAD FROM TIBERIUM? oh god they damaged the loving mothership how do you even DO that everybody SCATTER!"

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I don't remember being too crazy about RA3, it just didn't feel right to me.

Like they got rid of mineral fields and made them a fixed location you just slap a refinery onto and the campaign was just really crappy... I think they were actually all identically laid out and I ended up stopping during one of them cause it felt like I already played it. And the FMVs dialed up the ham to 100 in a bad way.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Ahundredbux posted:

I still come back to C&C3 and RA3 from time to time, and I'm still surprised they managed to make them good and cool.

There is some sort of real sinister atmosphere in that game which is real good.

I was always really impressed that NOD cyborgs would lose their legs and crawl around with just their torso below a certain health threshold. Also I remember the obelisk having a really good firing sound effect.

Since the thread mentioned what good RTS games still exist earlier, has anyone here played Men of War (or any of the variations/expansion packs disguised as sequels)? That game is about the most fun I've ever had in an RTS with the combination of direct control, unit inventories and physics.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Log082 posted:

I really enjoyed how they showed things from both sides - when you first run into them as GDI, there's a lot of panic about how even the ion cannons didn't scratch them! They just split up and landed all over the world!

Then you get to the bonus Scrin mini-campaign campaign and see things from their end, and the Scrin reaction is "WHAT THE gently caress THEY'RE SHOOTING AT US WHY AREN'T THEY ALL DEAD FROM TIBERIUM? oh god they damaged the loving mothership how do you even DO that everybody SCATTER!"

Hmm, this invasion isn't cost efficient anymore. Sally, rescedule my 3'o clock.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Command and Conquer Megathread: We're going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

GaussianCopula posted:

I just want an HBO/Starz show about Kane's/Nod's quest for world domination. The games aged really terribly outside of the videos.

They totally could have made a movie in the 2000's. Hell, Westwood had one of the largest renderfarms at the time of Tiberian Sun.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I wish OpenRA would release TS support already, I am very pleased with the changes they made to RA1

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

I wish OpenRA would release TS support already, I am very pleased with the changes they made to RA1
Long way to reach that point. There's lots of engine work still to do.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

SinineSiil posted:

Long way to reach that point. There's lots of engine work still to do.

Can teamspeak be put on a smartphone? That might be a good bandaid to your problem.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If you people are clamoring for more Command and Conquer to play Renegade X could always use more players, remember its free: https://renegade-x.com/

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Ahundredbux posted:

I wonder if they ever plan on supporting the original campaigns. Rebalanced multiplayer is nice but sometimes I just wanna sit back and enjoy some corny FMVs.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I loved that one mission from CNC3 vanilla where you took a lone commando through a ruined city.

Also, I loved manipulating CNC1 enemy AI by just building a maze of concrete walls.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Guiding the commando is a staple of the series, RA3 had a funny one where you end up with just a conscript and a bear to assassinate the emperor :D

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Those indoor missions in the original Red Alert were great. Infiltrating a nuclear reactor deep inside the USSR to blow it up with a crew of suicide commandos was one of the most :black101: missions in any video game.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

John Dough posted:

Those indoor missions in the original Red Alert were great. Infiltrating a nuclear reactor deep inside the USSR to blow it up with a crew of suicide commandos was one of the most :black101: missions in any video game.

Just played one of those missions for the first time last night and I hated them. Maybe it was because I was playing with the game speed turned up, though. Didn't ever realize how slow those original games were till I played them again as an adult.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Well this is an unexpected throwback by Petroglyph: http://store.steampowered.com/app/427250/

Very light, very simple, but still very frantic and reminiscent of the original C&C/RA, with a lot of similar design choices and references to the old games.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Co-op missions you say...

Also just mentioning petroglyph makes me wanna play universe at war for whatever reason

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:
just got the origin fun-pak

is there a trick to getting past the EA login for Tiberian Twilight?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Broccoli Cat posted:

Yeah.

Uninstall it, it's seriously not worth your time.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Deakul posted:

Yeah.

Uninstall it, it's seriously not worth your time.

This, also know that it uses your EA login.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Broccoli Cat posted:

If your curious about the story just youtube it, but actually dont because it has some woman talking to the camera pretending to be your wife it is all very bad & awkward

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Suprise actual co-op for the Nod Campaign!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIgkzMBBAlI

Special thanks to KiR2RuN4FuN for the Co-op!

GDI mission 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWFTxjQkEw

Finally show off the GDI Ion cannon.

No commentary for the videos.

Special note that Zone commanders get an EMP attached to their attack if the Ion cannon is present.

Also of note, why can't she just ion cannon everything?
Ion cannons were a plot point in all the previous C&C games so why is there no ion cannon plot in this game?

This is what I get for having multiple pages open.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 23, 2016

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hello, I liked the Giant Ant missions from Red Alert 2 or was it Retaliation? anyway those missions owned

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

julian assflange posted:

Hello, I liked the Giant Ant missions from Red Alert 2 or was it Retaliation? anyway those missions owned

I think that was the first command and conquer, Red Alert 2 expansion had the dino mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

SugarAddict posted:

I think that was the first command and conquer, Red Alert 2 expansion had the dino mission.
It was in Red Alert 1 actually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4abDiESlP-Y

C&C and RA2 had the dino missions.

• Locked thread