Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Neat, Valkyrie Drive finally has a premiere date October 10

quote:

The official Twitter account for the Valkyrie Drive multimedia project announced on Friday that the Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- television anime series will premiere on October 10 at 11:30 p.m. on AT-X. The show will then premiere on Tokyo MX, Sun TV, KBS Kyoto, and TV Aichi on October 12, and then on BS11 on October 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Valkyrie Drive Mermaid's third and final PV has been uploaded on its site

http://valkyriedrive.jp/anime/

It focus more on the action aspect and quite frankly, got me real hyped for it. Also, the first episode will premiere on September 27th

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Youtube version of Mermaid's PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCefSGHmqyo

that scene on the church, badass :black101:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So remember that Valkyrie Drive's first episode will premiere in advance? Turns out it will be on a speciel screening with the VAs at 3000 yens the entrance. Is that a common practice? Seems kind of a risky move for a entirely new series.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is yuri though, the usual places keep throwing fits at the project for that reason.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

Whatever these 'usual places' are they sound pretty lovely.

I was wondering whether the yuri aspect attracts more than it drives away though.

Good question. I mean actual yuri anime tends to be a poor seller but I don't know how more fanservice-y series fare.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh, now they're screening two episodes on the special event for valkyrie Drive Mermaid.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Curious, Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid has been licensed for Spain.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

boom boom boom posted:

The preview episodes haven't even been shown yet, right? I hope the people involved are right to have that much confidence in the show

Those are screened this Sunday but yeah, I hope the show is good and succesful :ohdear:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So it seems there's a manga one shot to hype Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid

The art is pretty nice but the pages I've seen have cranked the fanservice up to eleven

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Davincie posted:

i promise you that the series will have about that amount of fanservice as well

I'm fine with it, just took me by surprise :shrug:

Tomorrow's the special screening of the first two episodes so with any luck we should be getting some impressions soon.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pandaK posted:

would unironically watch if the actual tone of the show was extreme burning spirit lesbians fighting, but it's probably not and it's just going to be the sugoi kawaii type of lesbians

Just to be safe
:nws:http://imgur.com/7FIUC39:nws:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sharkopath posted:

Who did it, the art.

A guy called Zunta. A quick google search tells me that aside of Hentai he collaborated on Dragon's Crown

Anatharon posted:

What does a Valkyrie have to do with a mermaid.

That's the name of the island where the anime takes place, the one on the mobile game is called Siren.

Have a look at the 1/7 scale figures of Mirei and Mamori

You get them separately or in a set. I'm getting Mirei's since is the closest thing to a Dai figure :smith:

Dengekiya also has a exclusive bonus for the set. A mini shikishi (whatever the hell is that) made by Mermaid's character designer Hiraku Kaneko and signed by both Mirei and Mamori's VAs

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

'Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-' Japanese Blu-ray and DVD product listings have started going up on the net!

They confirm that the series will be 12 episodes total, released in Japan over 6 volumes, each containing one OVA short (totaling 6). The products also come with stuff like CD's, booklets, audio commentaries, and serial codes for goodies in the 'Valkyrie Drive -Siren-" mobile game.

Dates:
Vol.1: 12/18/15
Vol.2: 01/27/16
Vol.3: 02/24/16
Vol.4: 03/23/16
Vol.5: 04/27/16
Vol.6: 05/25/16

There are also store specific bonuses

Really? Two episodes by Blu Ray? :raise:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cake Attack posted:

that's super common.

Bad Seafood posted:

That's how it is over there.

That's how it's been for years.

Oh, I've never followed anime home releases before. Still, it seems like a ripoff.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A guy called Zunta. A quick google search tells me that aside of Hentai he collaborated on Dragon's Crown

That's the name of the island where the anime takes place, the one on the mobile game is called Siren.

Have a look at the 1/7 scale figures of Mirei and Mamori

You get them separately or in a set. I'm getting Mirei's since is the closest thing to a Dai figure :smith:

Dengekiya also has a exclusive bonus for the set. A mini shikishi (whatever the hell is that) made by Mermaid's character designer Hiraku Kaneko and signed by both Mirei and Mamori's VAs

So I did some digging and seemingly the figures are an EXCLUSIVE for Dengekiya. I sure hope this isn't the case, not only Dengekiya doesn't has an english version, it also has the figures a little too pricey for my tastes (17k for each and 28k the set).

Like goddamn, I want to support the project but they're making very hard to do it. :arghfist::saddowns:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I have the game preordered already and that music CD is only the ED, kind of a ripoff if you ask me.

Is just that it seems retarded to make figures to hype your brand new IP and making them exclusive to one retailer, one would thought they'd want to give the most exposure possible at the IP.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yes :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

:pray: please don't let Valkyrie Drive be horribly creepy or barely animated :pray:

Hell, just not the first one would do.

Expect fanservice on (at least) MonMusu level though. Not for nothing there's a version of the show airing on satellital services.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
VD:Mermaid Tv spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Hxr7yjHJQ

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Fair warning I guess, according to some, the uncensored version of Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid is pretty much hentai.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Valkyrie Drive, Nippon Yassan has the figures on preorder :neckbeard:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It seems Valkyrie Drive Mermaid's first episode will be broadcasted for free on NicoNico?

http://ch.nicovideo.jp/valky_ied_ive

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So a rumour about VD: Mermaid says that the character known as Lady J transforms into a bike and is in fact the same bike her partner is seen riding on the PVs

I really hope is true because is a really loving awesome/insane idea.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 30, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

“Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you get off that hog, J,” Punchy said. I nearly fell off the bike, aghast. “You got a pussy in that thing?” I coughed and gulped. “Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy,” I said

:v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Wait, all of this and no one has noticed anything odd on the bike?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Funimation will simulcast Heavy Object, Dance with Devils and Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-

I'm not familiar with Funimation (Hell, I don't even know if I can access it from :mexico:) but how is it's streaming service?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh, it seems Funi also has that High School AOT spinoff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo

quote:

Yuka Iguchi and Mikako Izawa will be hosting the "Valkyrie Drive: Radio Mermaid" program on HiBiKi Radio. They'll be talking about the series, and will probably sometimes have guests on the show and such. They'll also be responding to fan letters every week and stuff like that.
They'll be posting every Tuesday starting October 13th.

http://hibiki-radio.jp/description/vdm

They're not cutting corners to promote Mermaid. I just hope there's some substance and isn't just fanservice for fanservice's sake.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sharkopath posted:

radio shows are super common im pretty sure

Really? I guess I simply wasn't expecting this level of exposure for a serie that well, is really pushing the envelope regarding fanservice.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Devil Tesla posted:

Your wide eyed wonderment at the very common media mix constructed around Valkyrie Drive is extremely refreshing and I never want you to loose that spark.

aers posted:

Hibiki radio is an online station thats all anime and related poo poo, its basically nothing but seiyuu shows

The Devil Tesla posted:

Radio shows are super cheap and it's not a sign that Valkyrie Drive is going mainstream at all. What they're doing is producing as much content as they can to satisfy the small but dedicated audience who will pay a lot of money for VD stuff.

The way VD has been handled is something that I associate with big name series. Everything is new for me :kiddo:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Honestly I think it'd be more of a surprise if it wasn't.

I know, but hope dies last, right? :ohdear:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Weird proportions aside, I like that loving gaze they have going on promotional art :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

aers posted:

So that girl who's presumably going to spend a lot of time naked and looks like she's 13 or 14 is totally really a hundred years old right

Now that you mention it, aside of the inside joke with Kikuko Inoue's character there's no mention of ages on the characters' profiles.

So this is the staff for the first episode

quote:

Episode Staff:

Screenplay: Yosuke Kuroda
Storyboards: Hiraku Kaneko
Episode Director: Taiji Kawanishi
Animation Directors: Takehiro Miura, Shigeu Uchihara, Hideo Maru

http://valkyriedrive.jp/anime/story/?st=1

There will be a meeting with Takaki on sunday... for some reason.

https://twitter.com/valkyriedrive/status/652482430872391680

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The show is pretty drat lewd. I'm actually surprised isn't hentai to be honest. And yet, it was fun. They went overboard with "turn a girl into a sword" gimmick but Mirei and Mamori are pretty likeable leads and they managed to introduce every relevant character adequately.

The ED is freaking adorable (weird contrast all things considered)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x397fr3

Also, Mirei's a dork.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

Lots of girl+sword ones but only one where they actually turn into swords, afaik

They also transform into guns, wrecking balls and bykes. That we know of at least :v:

Dehry posted:

Now post the webm of her transformation into a sword.

I have to wonder how that scene will look censored.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm dying at Valkyrie Drive's censorship

:lol:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Waffleman_ posted:

You know what DOES work that way?

Otaku yens.

People are already dooming the project though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Fanservice aside, I think the premise is interesting and the leads are solid enough to carry the show. I hope is succesful and we get them as playable on an hypotetical game sequel.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Takaki having some fun at a Valkyrie Drive event

http://gigazine.net/news/20151011-valkyrie-drive-machiasobi15/

I guess he's more involved on the project than I originally thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of, supposedly this info comes from the Vita game

quote:

These girls don't just turn into weapons, they turn into monsters if not properly restrained by a liberator. The liberator serves as a host, who is also an infected herself.

Without proper treatment, infected women would kill their male partner during sex and or upon losing their sanity.

By fighting with each other, they reduce their stress and maintain their sanity, at a cost. They grow stronger and less humane, although sapience and what is considered to be a human is still there.

While a Liberator is as good as the training she receives, while physically enhanced it is the extasis or weapon she wields that makes her what she is. If certain conditions are met, the liberator and extasis can "merge" into a symbiote or a F-Class Threat.

What the gently caress :psyduck:

• Locked thread