Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sharkopath posted:

Early screenings at theaters are common if it's a project with money behind it.

Plus it's a fanservice-heavy thing aimed right at the otaku. That's a pretty safe theatre-filler for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Interesting of its original cases, possibly kind of boring if not, especially if they're based on the first game which I have played about four times now.

Not to mention a live-action movie of it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Also it's gonna be weird if the anime gets a more literal translation and the original names and stuff.

The live-action movie's official subtitles are completely Phoenixed, so I wouldnt be concerned. Capcom's at least aware enough to stay on top of that. Localizing it as anything BUT Phoenix Wright would conflict with their branding and merchandising.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

In Training posted:

It's also worth pointing out that the live action movie is awesome and a definite recommended watch for fans

Just as a side-note, one of my favourite little details in the film is they filled the general audience in the courtroom with people dressed in a general eccentric style as a way to ground some of the more out there outfits the main characters have :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It takes real talent to take a simple response like "This show is clearly gonna be all kinds of creepy" and twist it into something that no-one wants to touch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
AnimeLab is announcing their simulcasts. So far it's Chivalry of a Failed Knight, K:Return of Kings, and...

:siren:Gundam:Iron-Blooded Orphans:siren:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Another simulcast added to AnimeLab; The Asterisk War.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Lucy, just out of curiosity, is there any reason you're not using your set of logo tags from last season? It'd make it a lot more clearer than an html link below each one.

These ones;

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
AnimeLab's added a few more announcements for the season, and more are apparently still coming (C'monnn, One-Punch Man! :pray:). Here's what they have so far as they just made a blog post listing them;

• The Asterisk War
  • Noragami Aragoto (Season 2)
  • K: Return of Kings
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
  • Anti-Magic Academy: 35th Test Platoon
  • Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid
  • Chivalry of a Fallen Knight (I think this is the one listed as "Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan")

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

grrarg posted:

The first season of Noragami was pretty good but largely overlooked due to Funimation being lovely. The dubbed version of the first season is free on Hulu, but that misses the point. Half the fun of the show is Hiroshi Kamiya having a blast as Yato.

For what its worth, its available subbed and dubbed on AnimeLab.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

aers posted:

It's even better when taking into account this Summer is one of the worst selling anime seasons ever

I would've thought Prison School and maybe Overlord would've done alright?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

grrarg posted:

Attack on Titan Junior High got a few laughs out of me. I question if they can come up with enough gags to fill a 12 episode series. Seems like it should have been an OVA. I would say the first episode is worth watching for the OP alone, even if you were not a fan of the anime. Maybe especially if you were not a fan.

What's the point of it anyway? Just to milk the old cash cow and pass time until there's enough manga progress to work from again?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well apparently there's a seven-day holdback with Iron-Blooded Orphans on AnimeLab :sigh:.

edit: Oh, that'd be because it's up on GundamInfo too :stare:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 5, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Iron-Blooded Flags was fantastic.

I liked that getting the Gundam going was their plan all along for once rather than having the protagonist just fall into the cockpit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I just hope there's some substance and isn't just fanservice for fanservice's sake.

Honestly I think it'd be more of a surprise if it wasn't.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
AnimeLab's just announced they've picked up One Punch Man! :peanut:

They've also picked up Heavy Object.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Xelkelvos posted:

Ben-To was really good and it's a shame they ran out of material so they could do a full adaptation.

It went past ha-ha obsessively protective into :stare: levels of creepy with one character's friend in an episode, but aside from that it is a fantastic and fun series.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

madmac posted:

ANN rated the first episode of Anti-Magic Academy as straight 1s, except Theron Martin who gave it 2 because he thought it had potential.

Just remember that Theron Martin is the one who gave Cross Ange positive reviews across the entire series.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

madmac posted:

Spice and Wolf was based on a LN, and it was awesome.

I'm yet to see to a LN adaption where the premise is Magic-Fighting High School that wasn't hot garbage all the way down, though.

The highest it's achieved is "entertainingly average" with Mikagura School Suite.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dehry posted:

I guess that Valkyrie Drive anime just aired and Funimation has decided it has to be censored to comply with US law. Looking at what the 14 year olds on 4chan are posting, I'd have to agree.

So it's as :aatrek: as we all expected it to be?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Just because it's technically okay doesn't mean that someone along the chain can't take one look at it and decide to use a modicum of common sense if it's really that bad.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

So, what, 90% of it is going to be a rectangle of gently billowing white steam filling up your screen, Triage X-style?

Or a well-timed beam of sunlight/shadow, don't forget those.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Good news! Triage X uncensored is out!

Whatever happened to the finale OVA of that anyway?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Fanservice aside, I think the premise is interesting and the leads are solid enough to carry the show. I hope is succesful and we get them as playable on an hypotetical game sequel.

I think you'd need one of those colossal Quarry dumptrucks to try and shift that aside. And even then it's not going far.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

I just saw it in their list, but it looks like crunchy is picking up Gundam IBO? Possibly on a week delay since they only have episode 1.

Edit: Also Funi. I guess it's just everywhere on delay.

AnimeLab has it too. Just go watch it on the official GundamInfo youtube channel if you dont want to wait a week.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
One Punch Man continues to be amazing.

"Found you!" :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, those are just rumors so far. And quite frankly, I don't think any of the couples shown in the first episode can be called straight. Specially Mirei and Mamori.

Please stop having inappropriate thoughts about the underage girl, blond woman :barf:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Valkyrie Drive shouldn't have a :siren:, but it should have a funi tag.

Valkyrie Drive should really have an :aatrek: or :pedo: tag.

Also, Iron-Blooded Orphans could do with a Youtube Tag or link leading to the English Sub playlist on the GundamInfo Channel

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ViggyNash posted:

Man, Iron Blood Orphans is really loving good. I really like the op music too. For those of you familiar with Gundam, how does this one compare so far? As someone who's never watched a Gundam, I'm curious.

It's really good. If you want similar quality, go check out Gundam 00 or Build Fighters*.

*Make certain your wallet and/or credit card is kept out of arm's reach while watching.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fangz posted:

What's a girl push up?

Lie face-down on the ground, arch up at the waist.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ViggyNash posted:

Iron Blood Orphans showed up on CR. They airing a week behind though.

They all are, because their Gundam.info youtube channel is airing it first for Japan and Australia with english subs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

We tried this. The thread didn't survive the piranhas that gathered to nip at it in its infancy.

It's almost like people have a problem with a show where the central gimmick is molesting an underage girl.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

boom boom boom posted:

I watched the censored version of episode 2 of Valkyrie Drive Mermaid, and dang, that show is almost unwatchable censored. So many scenes look like this

They even censor some of the kiss

I can't help but think that someone's forcing the simulcast as part of a contract or something, and Funimation's stuck going crazy with the bloom tool in photoshop until it's just barely inside the regulations to not be completely reprehensible.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kytrarewn posted:

As long as we're discussing censorship, why the hell do these studios make scenes that are going to have to be full-screen censored even in the uncensored/Blu-ray releases?

I'm primarily talking about Prison School and To Love Ru, but I lost count of the number of full-screen crotch - shots that could have been averted simply by choosing a slightly different camera angle.

Inference by obfuscation I guess. They must have their gratuitous full-screen crotch shots at any cost, so they'll take it to the very edge of permissible imagery rather than change it at all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

boom boom boom posted:

The blonde is 15, the redhead is 16

I don't think it's possible to feign a cough loud enough to muffle the declaration of bullshit going on there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a kitten posted:

It's Deep Star Six/The Abyss, Armageddon/Deep Impact all over again. Only with more magic powers and tsunderes.

You forgot Mission to Mars/Red Planet and A Bug's Life/Antz :v:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

... most astrological charts are unreliable, but there are websites that can...

... vitally important to get high-quality rubber and ensure the seal is properly...

... and when the gerbil stops squeaking, you know you've pushed it in too far.

There, done.

You're loving sick, man. Poke a hole in the condom so that goddamn gerbil can breathe, jesus christ :cripes:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Motto posted:

It'll be amusing to read about what silly edits they make, I suppose.

Yeah, this is one of those projects where you practically hear them grinding the hatchet in preparation just from "we're making [SPECIFIC NUMBER] episodes". Should be good for a laugh from the peanut gallery, at least.

aers posted:

Saban actually has the full series license, not just Smile, based off what some other licensors have said (Toei will only license it as one big package).

This is what Japanese companies have been doing since the 90's with licensed anime (it's why there were so many bad OVA's, companies wouldn't let the good stuff in their catalogue be dubbed unless they unloaded some crap as well), and as they're hacking a fresh dub away, around it all goes anew :v:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

grrarg posted:

The only thing that was truly bad was the OP song for the OVAs. :barf:

The show is not as good as SAC, but that is a really high standard to meet for any show.

Unless you're prepared to get a shovel and go dig up Origa's remains, I doubt you're gonna get another (amazing) OP out of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alright folks, taking all bets on this version's take on the Sphere's true origin. I got 2:1 odds on mystical object.

• Locked thread