Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So this season is garbage right now unless you like fanservice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The parallel present/future (past/present?) plots are at least novel in Concrete Revolutio. Throwing in a superhuman archetype from every genre (Magical girl, cyborg human, Ultraman-like, supernatural creature) also seems a little interesting if just to see how they can mesh together.

Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! is short and the MC has a lot of PLOT, but there wasn't even enough to see if it was interesting.

Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan is also short and the anime has pretty low runtime too. Meh.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

one punch man was fun

despite all these claims of a poor season i've already seen and enjoyed 3 shows so its fine imo

There are a few good hits and then a pile of things that bland to unwatchable, not counting sequel series which, usually, are good since they were good enough to get a sequel. The first few series that came out this season were bland or worse, but at least Sundays follow up on them with some good hits. The rest of the season is still a toss up.

Still no Yuyushiki S2. :smith:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

I have no idea what Concrete Revolutio will end up being, but it looks like it will be a stylish ride at least. I also like that Kikko appears to be competent if not fully informed from the start rather than being a total fish out of water.

And what the hell is that ED.

Awesome. That's what it is.

Reading the Komori-san manga makes me feel the series will be like the Yuyushiki S2 that'll never come, except shorter and with more fanservice which was sorta bound to happen since even the manga points it out in the second chapter iirc.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

My issues with Concrete are that the music felt pretty weak for the most part and that first episode's plot was sort of difficult to follow because of the constant flash backs and flash forwards and it looks like both timelines are important to grasp what is happening. Other than that it was pretty stylish.

It definitely needs better or clearer transitions if it's going to keep doing that. The cards indicating the date don't really pop out (though that might just be the inability to read moonrunes) and the characters and settings between time periods, or at least the alien magical girl, are too visually similar. The first jump into the raining alleyway was super abrupt and made me felt like I missed something.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Not gonna bother with Star Mu until someone can tell me if the guys are actually gay with each other in it or just yaoi-baiting.

It truly lives up to its Musical roots then.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dogsicle posted:

hmm...actually Peeping Life kinda drops off after the first segment.

If it was one of the short length series, it'd be great, but having more than one of those skits is just tiring. Particularly when they tend to drag on. The sense of comedy leans a lot more heavily on the reference than on the actors' ability to tell the joke. To be fair, I only finished up to the second segment where I just quit and I hope to never regret it.

Edit: Penises only count when they belong to anyone older than an infant or toddler, though that might have changed, or alternatively it doesn't matter all that much anyways since it's usually drawn like uUu

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 7, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

The reason this is actually coherent is because it is not being made by Seiji loving Kishi.

Also, this male lead is such a wet blanket.

He's the straight-man to anime Bones's general antics.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

s show about getting cheap bentos can't be bad

Waffleman_ posted:

This is only their third full-length series, yeah. I mean, before Jojo, all David had made was Ben-To.

Ben-To was really good and it's a shame they ran out of material so they could do a full adaptation.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

madmac posted:

To give Trigger some credit, the one consistently good thing about the show was the execution.

Personally, I don't care about nothing happening, what I disliked about the show was all of the girls slowly devolving into more generic haremettes with every episode until by the end they had most of their starting personalities sucked out of them and replaced with "Would like to Bone MC".

A common problem with Harem shows and not really Triggers fault but my interest in the show dropped with every episode until by 12 I just didn't give a poo poo anymore.

At the MC's ability matched his own relative impotence rather than be absurdly powerful or important.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Somera-chan seems to be Excel Saga tier comedy which might work for some

I have no idea where Perfect Insider is going to, but it's not raising too many alarms for a bad anime. Bad horror/mystery series is still in question though.

Shoumin Sample is clearly a trashy harem comedy series. But it's at least somewhat amusing, IMO. I've already read the manga, however, so the amusement lost a bit of its luster in the process. Maid is best girl though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

i think that is part of the gag.

It'd be part of the vague archetype he belongs to except for the fact that he seems to be more of a cyborg ala 009 or Kikaider.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ani Tore! EX has its first episode with an anime girl talking directly to the viewer and doing push ups and crunches. It's definitely a bit creepy. At least she's doing normal push ups instead of "girl push ups"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Armor-Piercing posted:

For the second and third episodes of Concrete Revolutio, about halfway through each my interest was gone and I figured I'd just scratch the series off my list, but then I finished watching the episode and want to know what's going on and decide I'll stick with it a little longer.

It's a bit hard to follow at times and that's probably its biggest problem. Hopefully there'll be a supercut putting everything in chronological order.

Third episodes references a war that happened years ago and has its furthest Flash Forward yet. Fourth episode preview possibly shows the origins of our main character and the fact that he's likely a combination of two archetypes in one.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Shonen definitely wants to give anime Bones a bone of his own based on episode three.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

What metric are we going by? Because yeah, it's not BL, but by shonen standards, it's fairly gay.

It's somewhere north of Toriko I'd say

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Admoon posted:

poo poo, passing at 38 is too rough. gently caress illness

it was pneumonia of all things and one theory I've seen passed around it that she was basically putting off treatment to do work so it got to a point where treatment wasn't effective enough.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

i love big butts

Is that true?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Trip report from Shomin Sample: Still harem-bait, but the latest episode had a cameo from the panels of Yuru Yuri.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MaxDonald is gonna fight you.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

That scene was ok, but last night's Shomin Sample just wasn't that funny overall. Maybe there was some wordplay that Funimation just gave up on (almost certainly, in fact) but there was a distinct lack of jokes in the show and the situational comedy was weaker than it usually has been. Shy Aika just doesn't work.

Also, Beautiful Bones is probably my first drop of the season. It's just so utterly pointless, and I hate all the characters and the mysteries are boring.

They actually changed a bit from the manga (dunno about the LN):
Aika's not surprised upon entering Commoner land because she'd basically been to a city before (the anime might've just dropped this since it's a plot point that recurs periodically, but nothing major)
They skip the "Street Performance" (the translation in the manga probably skips over the pun or reference somewhere)
The MaxDonald is actually staffed for peak capacity with ~7 behind the counter rather than three (animators just lazy I'd guess)
They skip mentioning how fast the servers actually prepared the food (70 combos in 5 minutes)
The girls learning to use the crane game actually start messing up on purpose to get Kimito to teach them like the girl who essentially entered womanhood from hand to hand contact.
Reiko also asks to get taught even though she got a toy easily
The Karen and Hakua scenes are added

Instead of the dance game, there's this "fighting game"

The game scene starts here in the manga: http://bato.to/reader#4f5352c1404b92d9_19

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im only actively following OPM and IBO but I plan to catch up with Concrete, I'm already catching up with Noragami and I'm happy to see it well adapted. There should be enough content for a third season after a season or two.

Concrete is split cour so you'll have a season to catch up before part 2 begins

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Posting here because it's still part of the Fall Season technically and its thread is in Archives now.

Locodol Christmas Special is up. It's still cute. No midriffs this episode.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That Christmas tree dress is hideous.

The wearer shares your sentiments

• Locked thread