Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Kingdom Hearts as a series is real dumb (in a good way) so I'm looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
"Just make emotive noise" is basically what Ar tonelico music is, so you might be on to something there.

It's quite impressive how well Square's PS2-era graphics hold up. This still looks pretty good!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

You don't even need to do Monstro. It will always swallow you the first time you head to either Atlantica or Halloween Town, but afterwards it's a random chance if he appears or not so you can just exit from the first save point and continue flying, or take the other route and never deal with Monstro at all since once he appears he's stuck in that spot on the world map.

You'd think the scenes in Monstro with Riku would be important, but the game doesn't care at all if you just ignore them. Bizarrely, there's even alternate scenes if you skip Monstro and do it later in the endgame, but they make no sense. Kingdom Hearts 1 is a weird game.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 3, 2016

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

That grandma scene is an original KH1 scene, not a Final Mix one.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

the "skip cutscene" button added in the final mix is the best game design decision in this entire series.

The way Skip Scene works in the original PS2 KHFM is actually fairly strange, you can only skip a scene if you have previously seen it and died afterwards.

The PS3 port changed it to be more conventional by just allowing you to pause and hit Skip Scene whenever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

bobjr posted:

Also the pillar of light changes color just so you know if you completed the world or not. It's a nice way of letting people know they still have something to do.

If you have locked the keyhole in the world you can just run past these revisits, but if you haven't you have to fight them, and the refight room has a weird color filter during the battle. Like many things in KH1, it's a weird mechanic that never really comes into play but is there anyway.

And yes, this means you can finish the game without locking all keyholes.

• Locked thread