Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm gonna rewatch all the gataris guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I still haven't seen any of the gataris after SS hopefully I remember to do so before the new season.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

i had it loving spoiled for me im so pissed!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm now up to date.
Hana was cool but they should have kissed (end credits flashback doesn't count)
Tsuki was colourful and had nice backgrounds but too much weird sister poo poo and I don't really care about doll girl. I guess it was mostly set up for stuff next season though.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararagi-san

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

welcome to the motherfuckin harem

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

kakaka

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

the greatest anime ever made

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

very nice and grats

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I got really really cool as the series progressed.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

same

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This is now def not the monogatari RP thread

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

everythingWasBees posted:

I got really really cool as the series progressed.

So did everyone!

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
The Monogatari series is 10 years old, btw. Happy decade, a bit belatedly!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:vince:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im making my own harem

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Davincie posted:

im making my own harem

ill join your harem

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to watch the rest of this series once I recover from my MGS5 coma.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

Arararararararararararagi.

/

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

/

Where are you guys finding those, and is there one of Kaiki I can steal?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone posted one of Kaiki in the old chat thread but he didn't have his beard and was a bit eh.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

AlternateNu posted:

Where are you guys finding those, and is there one of Kaiki I can steal?

Pixiv probably.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I've been ignorant of this thread for how many days!?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i do want to imagine what it would be like if all the girls in the monogatari series were real, and i went to the same high school as them and if senjougahara was in my first period math class and every day we kind of steal glances towards each other and then on the day of the sadie hawkins dance she walks up to me and asks me if i would go with her
I was asked out to prom by a gahara-esque blonde two years ago, so...

I STOLE YOUR WISH! :laugh:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

darkgray posted:

It's going to be pretty hard to take this show seriously:

SHAFT will probably adapt this after the Final Season is over, thankfully.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Well, he's also got his "Strongest Human" series too, but OK is done with VoFan so...

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
this is a good thread about a good franchise

there need to be more "meanwhile at shaft" in the op though

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Aaand we have a date! Set your alarms for Saturday October 3rd.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

darkgray posted:

Aaand we have a date! Set your alarms for Saturday October 3rd.
YOKAI.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-JnNLX5jJs

here is the Owari PV. i cant see youtube videos at work, i also do not have sound, and i also cant speak japanese so someone tell me what it is about. do we see Sodachi?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

http://www.monogatari-series.com/owarimonogatari/special/ here is an interview with Shinbo on their website.

sounds like this season is going to cover the Ougi Formula, Sodachi Riddle, Sodachi Lost, and Shinobu Mail arcs or the first two Owari books. the third and final volume of Owari they said the script is done but the anime hasnt started production yet. also the Koyomimonogatari book, which is just 12 short stories that take place randomly throughout the other stories, is in planning stages.

hype

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Inoue Marina cast as Miss HowMuch, should be pretty good.

Ep 1 will be a 1h special, apparently. And they'll be splitting the Owari books up so vols 1-2 get adapted in October's 12 episode series, then they haven't decided how or when to broadcast vol 3+Koyomi yet.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, where in the timeline does Owari land? In the PV, they only show female Ougi. So, I'm guessing they're going to explain why Ougi mysteriously swaps genders between Nise- and Second Season?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think it's just a straight up sequel, but it could take place before Suruga Devil. Also Ougi wasn't in Nise, that I can remember. The gender thing is probably because she isn't human or whatever (I haven't read the books, obviously the answer is going to be a Big Thing in this season).

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

So, where in the timeline does Owari land? In the PV, they only show female Ougi. So, I'm guessing they're going to explain why Ougi mysteriously swaps genders between Nise- and Second Season?

volume 1 of Owari happens right before Nadeko Medusa. volume 2 of Owari happens after Neko-white and right before volume 1 of Owari. then volume 3 of Owari happens right after Tsukimonogatari.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

AlternateNu posted:

They've actually made an official anime timeline: http://www.monogatari-series.com/chronology.html

Bottom right (blue) is Owari v1-2.
Vol 3 hasn't been added yet, but it takes place around March 14th, after Tsuki and before Hana. Then Zoku-Owari slips in right after that (still before Hana).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So Suruga Devil really is the be-all end-all of the series timeline-wise so far?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

So Suruga Devil really is the be-all end-all of the series timeline-wise so far?

Kizu is the beginning and Hana is the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't know how anyone remembers the prefix names to the gataris, outside of Kizu/Bake/Nise they're all a blur to me.