Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

http://a.uguu.se/psqlvp.mp4 someone put subtitles on the PV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

OH BOY!

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Orokamonogatari cover is out, apparently.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have underestimated your charm, Ononoki-Sempai.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I've been watching through this series, I really liked Bakemonogatari and I've gotten four episodes into Nisemonogatari now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope there is at least some Kaiki in the new series but ideally there will be a lot of Kaiki.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Aurain posted:

I hope there is at least some Kaiki in the new series but ideally there will be a lot of Kaiki.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Aurain posted:

:agreed:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I started watching bakemonogatari today.

I just finished watching Bakemonogatari.

Holy poo poo, what an insanely good anime. Episode 12 was the greatest thing. 10 straight minutes of Senjougahara being insanely powerful and nonstop owning Araragi while her dad listens silently. Followed by pure :kimchi:.

I've got Nise ready and I'll start watching that tomorrow.

Or I might start watching it tonight. Depends on how much self-control I have.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It also depends on your definition of self-control. "can I control myself at work tomorrow if I stay up all night watching Nisemonogatari?"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NotALizardman posted:

I started watching bakemonogatari today.

I just finished watching Bakemonogatari.

Holy poo poo, what an insanely good anime. Episode 12 was the greatest thing. 10 straight minutes of Senjougahara being insanely powerful and nonstop owning Araragi while her dad listens silently. Followed by pure :kimchi:.

I've got Nise ready and I'll start watching that tomorrow.

Or I might start watching it tonight. Depends on how much self-control I have.
Did you watch 13-15? IIRC those aren't on crunchyroll.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Nobody is allowed to watch it on crunchroll.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

darkgray posted:

They've actually made an official anime timeline: http://www.monogatari-series.com/chronology.html

Bottom right (blue) is Owari v1-2.
Vol 3 hasn't been added yet, but it takes place around March 14th, after Tsuki and before Hana. Then Zoku-Owari slips in right after that (still before Hana).

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Kizu is the beginning and Hana is the end

All things being equal, would you consider Kabuki- as the earliest one instead of where they placed it?

darkgray posted:

Orokamonogatari cover is out, apparently.

I thought the -gatari series was already done with after Zoku- :v:

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 21, 2015

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
So now that I'm near the end of Nise, I'm gonna say...

1. Kanbaru Suruga
2. Kaiki Deishu
3. Hitagi Senjougahara

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I forgot to even watch one episode this weekend! poo poo! I may need to catch up still during October as well!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

So now that I'm near the end of Nise, I'm gonna say...

1. Kanbaru Suruga
2. Kaiki Deishu
3. Hitagi Senjougahara

I really want to agree and those characters are /really/ great but actually, it's 1. Karen Araragi1 2

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

All things being equal, would you consider Kabuki- as the earliest one instead of where they placed it?

no.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have seen the first 35 seconds of the first episode of Bakemonogatari and Im already in love with it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

In Training posted:

I have seen the first 35 seconds of the first episode of Bakemonogatari and Im already in love with it.
You Ain't seen nothing yeeeeeeeeett... :mmmsmug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does this show have In Character AUdio Commentaries for every single episode? Holy crap

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

ya lol theres like four levels of text going on

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah its great, only the first season has been subbed though :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't know about those commentaries so I'll try and watch those. In-person commentaries are amazing things.

I can't quite envision how the one for episode 12 will go.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watchinf again. They really know how to kick off episodes on this show :greencube:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The funniest thing about the episode 1 opening is that it's plot-important. But viewers will never know, because Kizu is a twinkle in Shinbo's eye.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I look forward, to the Kizumoviegatari.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is this show not presented in chronological order? Seems like the old blonde guy is referencing events that happened before with Class Rep.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

yeah its told out of order. kizumonogatari is chronologically the first and hanamonogatari the last with things falling in various states of in-betweenness

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

darkgray posted:

They've actually made an official anime timeline: http://www.monogatari-series.com/chronology.html

Bottom right (blue) is Owari v1-2.
Vol 3 hasn't been added yet, but it takes place around March 14th, after Tsuki and before Hana. Then Zoku-Owari slips in right after that (still before Hana).

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also kizumonogatari hasn't been animated yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy crap Im mad I slept on this show for so long. Every conversation between Senjo and Araragi is like a stage play, with insane dialogue and really inventive and unique shots using all different kinds of media to capture the rhythm and the thrust of the conversation. This third episode just has 17 straight minutes of Araragi and Senjo sitting on a bench talking and its probably the coolest thing I've seen in ages.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

its basically an eric rohmer movie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sounds like I need to watch some Eric Rohmer movies.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

i think 60s godard is all over it too. someday i'll write something about french new wave influence on it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The comparison i have built so far in my was, "Brecht + The Utena Movie and its 30 hours long"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

In Training posted:

Holy crap Im mad I slept on this show for so long. Every conversation between Senjo and Araragi is like a stage play, with insane dialogue and really inventive and unique shots using all different kinds of media to capture the rhythm and the thrust of the conversation. This third episode just has 17 straight minutes of Araragi and Senjo sitting on a bench talking and its probably the coolest thing I've seen in ages.
And that's exactly how I felt watching it 3 years ago... :mmmsmug:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Discussing the Bakemonogatari Commentary Subs isn't :filez:, right? Since they were never officially released?

Because I can't for the life of me find a version where they sync up correctly.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Started watching bakemonogatari, only two episodes in but I'm quite digging Shinbo's insane visuals at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

In Training posted:

Yeah the dialog is really, really good, probably the most entertaining part of the show though the visuals are up there too. That one ep is one of the more memorable conversations but there are others just as good.