Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

King Burgundy posted:

This time I'll win as town. :)

HELL YEAH

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

##vote Taste

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

hey i am a PGO too

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Seriously guys no one visit me at night for any purpose I have Mafia AIDS

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

The second person voting for me is always scum

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

confirmed

Kashuno posted:

Are we about to lynch someone for not reading their role pm carefully again? That didn't turn out well for us last time guys.

being reasonable is super duper scummy

##vote Kashuno

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

TMMadman posted:

Well now that you're confirmed scum from the last game.

##vote Winson

YOU ARE THE SECOND PERSON TO VOTE FOR ME

Kashuno posted:

##activate gonna just get that out of the way now so when I can deal with the fallout in the morning. Night all

What does this mean

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

wait that looks like a day action? Foo should we wait?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

fits posted:

care to tell us what this mean then, champ

he clearly went to bed, he said NIGHT ALL

you cant just recant on NIGHT ALL

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Kashuno posted:

I have an ability that requires me to activate it on odd days

Having an ability you have to put on broadcast like that seems reasonably townish to me. At least for D1 content goes.

OK, so, who is gonna start the first pointless scrap that gets a townie lynched? TMM? Taste? LETS GO

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Asiina posted:

I was a town aligned serial killer in a game that just ended.

How the gently caress does that even work?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

TMMadman posted:

Of course it does and you're being deliberately obtuse saying that it doesn't make sense.

I played the last game, I know there was no actual town cop and just a town rolecop. Why wouldn't I assume that this game also contains the same basic town roles as the last game? I know that this is a flavor heavy game, so a rolecop makes much more sense than an actual cop.

That is a terrible assumption, it is a different game.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

TMMadman posted:

I already know that there is a special ability that wasn't in the last game or if it was then it is named differently. Hell, I already know there are two different special abilities than the last game because of NK flip.

So the party line with you is "IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME EXCEPT HERE AND HERE AND WELL, HERE"

Sigh.

I know one thing that will be the same.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

CapitalistPig posted:

This is dumb, I already explained I thought I as Exalt aligned, was a badguy because , as I think everyone can pretty much agree, the role pm's were a little vague.

Agreeing on this; I PMed foo to verify. It was helpful.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Being a huge distraction is TMM's town MO, as far as I can tell. I like him for town today.

I can take Pigs SLIP as just game confsion.

I have no idea who to vote for

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

That works for me, and I am mostly out this weekend, so

##vote Quornes

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

King Burgundy posted:

Actually, after thinking about it some more, without referring to specific ongoing games, things are pretty drat dead right now and not just in this game. Maybe it isn't fair to go after people for not posting during labor day weekend.

But it's super annoying for those who are still posting.

this is a travel holiday for a lot of people!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Kashuno posted:

This whole situation revolving around TMM is really controlling the game.

Where have we heard that before? Sigh.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

CapitalistPig posted:

I saw the breadcrumb, it is there.

It is enough for me to think that TMM is not a badguy

Yeah I have also come to the same conclusion. His town MO in general is irritating but it is town.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I really like the idea of a CPig and TMM scumteam doing an elaborate song and dance, but I don't see it happening. TMM goes off the rez way too easy for that to happen I think. I like both of them for town right now, which is not the best read but not the worst.

Asiina does seem to be trying way too hard to make a bad case. I'd be good with that lynch, or maybe met today.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

##vote Asiina

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Asiina posted:

Please answer my earlier question tia.

Your case is based off a scumslip that was actually just confusion over the role and flavor of the game, I had the same confusion only I PMed foo about it rather than loving up in the thread. Your other case is TMM is obnoxious and a bad player, which I won't argue, but it doesn't make him scum. Your focus on it actually makes me suspect you, because TMM seemed like a good one to throw under the bus because he is a cartoonish goofball last game when I was on the scum team, and it totally worked.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Captain Foo posted:

Please make sure you have at least as many posts as I do by the time deadline hits.

Are you gonna replace people or modkill them? Modkills this early sorta booger up the game

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Asiina posted:

Oh wow I completely forgot Taste was in this game.

Would also vote Taste if he doesn't get modkilled.

Why him? He hasn't done anything

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Winson_Paine posted:

##vote Asiina

Welp, I was wrong.

I like Met for scumteam today, I think.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

SirSamVimes posted:

Hey met why didn't you vote for the only viable lynch so close to deadline?

##vote met

I was just looking at that! It would be pretty easy to no-lynch yesterday, so mostly I like the later voters as town. I realize that does not include me, but I am comfortable operating on this. None of those feel like a bus, esp. when doing nothing at all would have been the easiest way.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

So fits/met as the remaining scumteam?

I can dig that.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Sold.

##vote fits

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Burgandy in the last game had GHOST ARMOR which was the same deal, I am guessing he is a godfather or some poo poo.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

SirSamVimes posted:

Let's have a gentleman's agreement to leave our votes where they are for now. -2 is a nice level of pressure, and if some people come rushing in to drop two more votes on him and he flips town... Well then, we can take a look at those two peopple.

idk how reliable that case would be; like we are all more or less agreeing on the same deal here already and someone else would presumably see that as well. Implying voting for someone you think is scum is scummish is just weird there

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

SirSamVimes posted:

Let's quickly find out if the flavour from both games is the same!

TMM, what is the flavour name of your rolecop ability?

It isn't. I can quietly confirm this, at least some of the names have been changed.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Met posted:

Yes, but my last point was the Mimetic Skin and Ghost Armor are pretty similar mechanics wise in XCOM. Ghost Armor was Ninja in the last game. He's claiming Mimetic skin means bulletproof which I don't see.

Plus, if I was a ninja I'd probably claim something passive because no one's going to see me go anywhere anyway. It's not like he can claim Doctor and then have to explain when someone says they didn't see him go anywhere on a night he claimed he did.

It just fits too well that he's scum.

Oh yeah, I am sold, no fear there.

TMMadman posted:

I thought I had by saying I'm exactly the same as Horsebanger the last game.

Do you really need me to say that I've got the Automated Threat Assessment?

Your weirdo circuitousness on something that is already like, pretty well established is weird.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

TMMadman posted:

I'm still waiting to let Kash check in on the thread to see if he wants to activate his ability.

I bet he just asks everyone what gun we have

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

you are the biggest drama mama

:redhammer:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

TMMadman posted:

That would be my guess. I would probably say it's between Horsebanger and Winson and the role is probably a juggernaut.

I figured KB was the doctor after he visited me on N1. So with him visiting Taste but Taste still dying that probably means juggernaut.

That doesn't add up. If the thing was monitoring Taste; we would see a juggernaut visit? If it is a three man scumteam they don't have a roleblocker any more if they ever did and they couldn't roleblock and visit on the same night right?

Anyhoo I will fullclaim; I have a one shot lynchproof. It is boring and passive, alas. You can verify it by lynching me, I guess, but that will waste a day.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Kashuno posted:

If you can't see how the roles of the people who visited the scum killed dead guy, and how they tie to interactions we were made aware of from n1, well then you're just scum who bussed your buddy yesterday.

Actually that would make some sense, since his role has been active as gently caress in scumfinding so far and that would be a handy way to clear himself forever. It is a screwy plan tho, so idk if I buy it

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Kashuno posted:

I will gladly switch between KB and TMM if needed. Met's a long third.

After waking up to 200 posts of bickering, this is more or less me too today.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I have just read 106 new posts of unproductive garbage.

I don't know if I can stand another game that is mostly one player picking fights with literally everyone in the fuckin thread, and with 7 alive and a presumed one scum remaining, it is gonna be a long fuckin' game.

##vote TMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

CapitalistPig posted:

Jfc travelling and am not going to be around much. What the hell is going on is this crazy town?

Why are we voting tmm?

There is a good chance he is a scum rolecop, which fits a number of cases that could be presented; if he isn't he is drowning the town in conversations about himself and loving over town anyway; and finally with 7 players and only one scum we have a little room to breathe and can make some margin calls.

• Locked thread