Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Should I or should I not...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!

Opopanax posted:

I already put you in the OP so you have to now

Oh, well then. Ok.

Hello Friends!

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!

Kashuno posted:

Nice username post combo.

Yes you should

Except for this guy. I don't know him, but I don't think he is my friend now. :colbert:

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Opop, I've been learning 한국어. What would you feel like if I did all of my posts in 한국어?

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!

Racist!

Asiina posted:

That's not anime you racist!

This guy fucks.

Opopanax posted:

I don't want to risk upsetting Kim Jong Un. PMs going out shortly.

Fine, fine. We wouldn't want the Dear Leader to stop our game!

Hi Grandi! We meet again! After the last time when you stole my wife and my dog to happily live in south Pacific Island I swore I'd never speak with you again, but alas, I've changed.

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Oh, right, ##vote Grandi for old time's sake!

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
That being said, I'll be back before the end of the day phase for the TPS report. Good day!

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
So, is Uranus in or out?

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Grandi, I don't know any of these new people. Tell me about them, please.

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!

Grandicap posted:

I thought I was blatantly being exceptionally unserious. But I would say either TPS or Kash for scum.

TPS because he showed up for like 30 seconds, and then said he would do a TPS report on the end of D1. TPS reports are largely useless that early and promising and then delivering useless content that takes effort is a happy way to look useful.
Kash because of his interactions around the Jake not turbo. Feels off. Nothing specific but feelings on that end.

As far as positive reads, I like Amoeba's banter with me in the jokephase, felt natural. Not hiding, not manipulating, just interacting. Also Jake. Jake is good too.

It's usually how I parse through my D1 stuff all at once so that I can get initial reads on people. That being said, there's little to no content in this game to even do one.

Also, you never responded to this:

This Post Sucks posted:

Grandi, I don't know any of these new people. Tell me about them, please.

As far as reads, the only thing that really sticks out to me is this exchange:

Nth Doctor posted:

Having trouble keeping your stories straight seems pretty scummy.
##vote Amoeba102

Amoeba102 posted:

What?! No! Why are you voting me, I am now -6. Don't be put me in such a dangerous position OMG. I'm actually a town aligned godfather. It was just a gambit. Please unvote. please.

Nth Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo, didn't realize you were that close.
##unvote
Also, we're masons. Slipped my mind.

It just seems forced some how. I'd be good voting either of them on Day 1.

Also, don't listen to Grandi, he's still bitter that I beat him as scum 4 years ago.

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Oh, right: ##unvote

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!

JakeP posted:

##vote TPS

complains about content but produces none. His important question that needs answering is asking grandicap to explain the players in this game to him. It just feels like faked content to me really, like postcount inflation without saying or doing anything, and then complaining that no one did anything

I don't think you understand the whole "Analysis" thing where you take data and try to figure stuff out from it. I can't produce content from content that doesn't exist. If I were, that'd be just muddling up the thread and serving as diluting any real information. Maybe it's changed since when I used to play but D1 would usually have at least 10-15 pages of posts where this one has 4? There's not anything to get from that and it'll just be a crap shoot.

Also, it is an important question that needs answering. I don't know a lot of the folks in here, thus I don't know any sort of meta about them. Since Grandi was one of the few I did know, I asked him to hopefully get something useful out of it. Unfortunately, he was useless and thus served no purpose.

JakeP posted:

and yes that aomeba nth doctor conversation seemed forced, because it was a joke. It was forced. Like are you implying that perhaps that was genuine discussion or something?

JakeP posted:

or that as scum they decided to choreograph a skit for us?

It's admittedly grasping at straws, hence why I didn't vote it. I've seen scum slip up on D1 by doing those fake votes then distancing from each other. Once again, with so little information, it's just gut at this point.

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Oh, and and a "post count inflation" comment from someone that has over double the post count than me where their first serious post is 22 posts in is pretty funny to me. :unsmith:

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!

Met posted:

I want to see where the TPS route goes.

##vote TPS

This is the scummiest thing to date in this game. 3rd post and it's a drive by vote.

##vote Met

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!

Rascyc posted:

Vote Caputo

What?

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!

Slamburger posted:

You want to vote the lowest content guy in a game with low content so we get even less information after a flip? You really think he's scum?

I don't like not getting information, but it is the scummiest post in the game.

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
By the way, it's Labor day weekend, so I doubt I'll be around much until Tuesday.

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!

Met posted:

##vote Kashuno

Why the sudden switch to Kashuno? Why did you drop your feelings on me all of the sudden?

Asiina posted:

I believe in ugly Hal.

##vote Grandi

Asiina posted:

##vote Met
Why the switch to Met after you wanted (and supposedly believed Hal) Grandi lynched the day before?

Kashuno posted:

##vote hal
What exactly made you want to vote Hal here?

Kashuno posted:

It is a bad lynch because....
This seems a bit role-fishing to me. That whole exchange there culminating in this post.

Kashuno posted:

I think you are town tho.

What makes you feel like Jake is town?

Kashuno posted:

This post doesn't ping anyone else as really weird? Especially the second sentence? It's such pointless non-content trying to pose as a question of some value when really Hal is continuing to just post more white noise. He rested his vote on a joke vote for as long as possible, then decided it was totally a good vote to stick with. He's not offered any content d1 and his content d2 is completely useless.
I'll agree with this mostly cause of the low content. The second sentence seems like Hal just being Hal (awkward). Also his defense of me on Day 1 was a bit odd.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

God drat. They came out swinging.

I don't want to use the word "slapfight" because I guess some people don't like that, but I'm having trouble parsing any intent so far. Most of the back-and-forth has been "VOTE X" "why vote x?" "x is a bad vote" "I don't see the case on x" Like, I can't see the seam where joke ends and serious begins.

I get Kash's beef with white noise, but I also feel like almost everything has been zero-content white noise so it's weird to pick Hal out for that. On the other hand,

This actually is a genuinely weird post though? Maybe I'm not reading straight, but I don't think Hal made a strong enough case on Rascyc for a dead Rascyc to be someone setting Hal up? Or am I missing some weird off-game poo poo? Weird post, but Kash's post in response, also weird. Ya'll are weird. Kash might just be bad at elaborating on the same thing I'm feeling, but my benefit of the doubt tends to run out pretty quickly. Met seems disconnected, but I can't tell if he's just like that, or if he hasn't fully waken up from joke phase yet. I don't smell it as scummy yet, but I'll listen to a case if it gets made. I don't buy it right now.

##vote Hal
This whole post seems off to me. He was not around at all on D1. D2 his first post is an "Oh man town, they sure got us!" type post then a justitfication for a band wagon vote.

Slamburger posted:

To elaborate, I can see Kashuno seeing that Rascyc/Hal interaction and latching onto it as the easiest case he could make today, and then doubling down on Hal's post, which felt to me like he was pressing hard, but indirectly by just asking other people. Scummy.
This may be the most sensible thing in the thread so far.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean if you guys want to keep losing town power roles keep it up!
I really don't like this soft PR claim, though. There's no need for it at all as Hal isn't under any pressure at this point.

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Grandicap

Why'd you kill my friend Rascyc Grandi?
Is this for real or just useless junk?

---
So far I really don't like Lunatic Sledge. His post seemed so..eager to please?

I'm ok with Kashuno for right now since he's actually doing something today.

I was ok with Hal before he did his pointless soft claim. There really was no point for it there.

Met hasn't done anything for me today that would make me feel any better about him. He also had a soft claim yesterday, but tried to play it off as being unimportant.

So, right now I'd probably put Met and Lunatic Sledge at the top of my list with Hal being a close 3rd.

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!

Kashuno posted:

Jake is ~gut~

Hal was a push to make content and get some people to make some moves. It worked and finally got this game moving a bit. I still don't feel great about Hal's posting today, but I'm not down on it quite yet.

What do you think about Lunatic Sledge?

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Asiina, answer the question I asked you in my big post on the previous page, please.

Hal, why did you make a pointless soft claim?

Lunatic, maybe I got the feeling you were bandwagoning since there was so much said (but not voted) against Hal at that point. I've liked your answers after my last post, so that's enough for me to pass on you today.

Met is still gone and proving to be useless.

Also, I'm about to leave work to go work out then cook dinner and do other things. I won't have time probably to read much more before the hammer, but I'll hop in and check the vote. In the mean time, I'm going to put my vote on Met for my reasons earlier in case I don't make it back in.

##vote Met

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
:ghost:Well, that was lackluster on my part! Sorry! It's for the best since I'm out of town this weekend. Good luck town!:ghost:

• Locked thread