Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Beer_Suitcase posted:

What was the scummy wrasslin story behind this? All I remember is that Vince had Snuka play like a silent savage who didn't know what he did. I may have it all wrong. Someone correct me.

That's about right, yeah.

The timing on the stomach cancer thing is whatever, it's up to each person's individual pessimism to figure out that stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

bobkatt013 posted:

So how does this compare to 9/11 in regards to McMahon tragedies? The steroid trial was as bad, so is this worse?

how is this a McMahon tragedy if the prospect of him being charged hasn't been broached once in the news yet? This is what I was saying, we're getting well ahead of the story's actual developments.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

DynamiteKidd posted:

how is this a McMahon tragedy if the prospect of him being charged hasn't been broached once in the news yet? This is what I was saying, we're getting well ahead of the story's actual developments.

when did you start watching wrestling because some of these joke references are really wooshing you

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Did I allude to not recognizing the Stephanie comparing Vince's steroid trial to 9/11 reference? He made that joke, I got it, but it doesn't work if Vince isn't actually in trouble yet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't wait for Network specials of the history of WWE to start with Sammartino and then immediately skip to the Curtain Call

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aurora Rose is a murderer, and I don't know how to handle that.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Looking at the details of the case I think it would be a fool's errand to even bring charges against Vince. There's nobody alleging that the death was anything but accidental -- there was no premeditation (though since she probably fell after being struck by Snuka there would have been malice). There was no weapon for Vince to hide, no plan for him to aid Snuka in carrying out, it's virtually impossible to sell him as a co-conspirator when by definition there is no conspiracy involved in the commission of 3rd Degree Murder or Involuntary Manslaughter.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Call Me Charlie posted:

I can't wait for Vince to name Dunn as his successor :getin:

Kevin Dunn is then found dead in a mysterious sledgehammer related accident.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DynamiteKidd posted:

Looking at the details of the case I think it would be a fool's errand to even bring charges against Vince. There's nobody alleging that the death was anything but accidental -- there was no premeditation (though since she probably fell after being struck by Snuka there would have been malice). There was no weapon for Vince to hide, no plan for him to aid Snuka in carrying out, it's virtually impossible to sell him as a co-conspirator when by definition there is no conspiracy involved in the commission of 3rd Degree Murder or Involuntary Manslaughter.

i cannot believe vince mcmahon is going to jail

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Vince McMahon will be executed to death in The Chair, live on PPV. Rest in peace.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Korelle posted:

Kevin Dunn is then found dead in a mysterious sledgehammer related accident.

Kevin Dunn found dead - burned to death in a car full of Vince McMahon tapes

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Shima Honnou posted:

Vince McMahon will be executed to death in The Chair, live on PPV. Rest in peace.

Cactus Jack pulling the switch I hope

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

DynamiteKidd posted:

Cactus Jack pulling the switch I hope

:getin:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Vince is going to jail. He will no longer hurt you.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The WWE is in the enclosed pool area.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

EugeneJ posted:

Kevin Dunn found dead - burned to death in a car full of Vince McMahon tapes

They were all tapes of Vince insanely overreacting to Gary Strydom poses. RIP.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Jimmy Snuka was dumb and suggested that Vince paid someone off in his autobiography

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Honestly, as a realistic outcome I can see Snuka quietly forgotten/buried/Benoited to never be mentioned again, whilst Tamina sits out her contract and is future released.

If Vince is accused, or implicated to be involved, (as he probably is, and someone will say his name in a police cell either to try and help themselves, or just to muddy the waters), then we will get a #standupforWWE thing and he will be portrayed as the sympathetic victim of a vicious liberal/millennial attack on an innocent old man.

And considering it was all so long ago, they either must have some evidence to start it all up again, otherwise it will all boil down to he said she said, and nobody will do any time.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Apparently the case was reopened when the autopsy report (which I guess had been lost) resurfaced in 2014; the body had hundreds of cuts and bruises on it, showing clear signs of "mate abuse." There's no direct physical evidence like fingerprints.

I think the worst Vince could be charged with is obstruction (because ultimately all he did was mislead investigating officers) and the statue of limitations has long since expired for that. Again, this is a lot simpler than most murder cases because there was no planning ahead of time to think of

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:gas:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I just now noticed that pieri's hair matches the gas smilie. cosmic

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jim Snucka killed his family with wrestling moves

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

DynamiteKidd posted:

Apparently the case was reopened when the autopsy report (which I guess had been lost) resurfaced in 2014; the body had hundreds of cuts and bruises on it, showing clear signs of "mate abuse." There's no direct physical evidence like fingerprints.

I think the worst Vince could be charged with is obstruction (because ultimately all he did was mislead investigating officers) and the statue of limitations has long since expired for that. Again, this is a lot simpler than most murder cases because there was no planning ahead of time to think of

Aiding and abetting would also apply if he lied to the cops. But being involved in any way, regardless if they could charge him or not, would probably mean that he's going to have to step down.

Unless they're able to uncover the truth: that it was Kevin Sullivan all along

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
vince mcmahon wore a coconut bra

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Corporate Kane posted:

vince mcmahon wore a coconut bra

what a worker

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
KILL SNUKA KILL

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Sure, but it would have to be proven that he knew Snuka was at fault when he asserted otherwise. It would take nothing less than tape of a call from Snuka to Vince where he says "Vince, I hit her, she fell, she didn't get up". Granted, maybe this tape exists, but if it does it could easily have been lost or damaged in the intervening 32 years

edit: not to mention that if they had the evidence to charge him, they would have brought him in by now to try him alongside Snuka

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 2, 2015

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

WWE's Snuka Hall of Fame bio posted:

Typically, a Superstar that comes crashing down from his lofty perch is a bad thing. Then again, there’s nothing typical about Jimmy Snuka.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
The Snuka Hall of Fame sounds pretty exclusive

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Here's what I'm wondering. When Vince was super roided up, like mega loving huge, do you think he ever lactated?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Here's what I'm wondering. When Vince was super roided up, like mega loving huge, do you think he ever lactated?

Whaddaya mean was?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm not even sure Snuka's gonna get convicted, much less Vince. It's not easy pressing charges on poo poo that occurred over 30 years ago and Vince has really good lawyers. Now, if the story we've all heard is true it could at least mean further negative publicity.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

What yellow stuff would've been coming out of her head, bile?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

coconut milk?

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

That DICK! posted:

Cranial fluid? I don't know what color that is, but what else would be in there?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That DICK! posted:

The power of hulkamania brother

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Someone remember to archive the Stephanie tweet when she eventually says this is worse than the Newtown massacre or holocaust or whatever.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I don't want yellow stuff to come out of my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

That DICK! posted:

I don't want yellow stuff to come out of my head

I piss out of my eyes when I get sad about Toy Story.

• Locked thread