Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
New game - find the match with the most disgraced former stars!

My entry:

Jimmy Snuka vs. Jeff Jarrett (Chris Benoit referee)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Wasn't Snuka in the AWA, he must've had a match with Buck Zumhofe at some point (though granted, Zumhofe was never a star)

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

EugeneJ posted:

My entry:

If only Snuka was wrestling Hogan, and Ole Anderson was the timekeeper. Heck, Nailz has a great voice for a ring announcers...

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

My entry:

Did Jarrett do something truly horrible in the past year or so that I haven't heard about yet?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

found gfw

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

savinhill posted:

Did Jarrett do something truly horrible in the past year or so that I haven't heard about yet?

I don't blame you for not knowing but there is this thing called TNA that was his idea.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA and GFW both being creations of his would automatically permanently tarnish anyone's rep. He could go on to cure cancer, and it would just be listed as a bright spot amidst a wasteland of death

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Super...Super...Super...DIED?

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Sorry guys- this case is closed

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i had to google to make sure he wasn't dead after those last few post. rip anyway.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Th-th-th-third degree murder (read it like the pronunciation of new world order)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Superfly shouldn't have killed that girl

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

That DICK! posted:

Superfly shouldn't have killed that girl

Controversial opinion, but I agree.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
What was he thinking?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Alain Post posted:

What was he thinking?

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

wr should collectively ignore all Virgil related things.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
By far the best Virgil thing ever was that time they were showing the DLC for 2k14 on Raw or whatever and King just said "Virgil?!" as if he couldn't believe it because he probably couldn't believe it. Well that and Hoganplex.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

EugeneJ posted:

My entry:

I usually have no problems watching old Benoit stuff but watching him do those top of the cage flying headbutts does make me cringe a bit.

Also lol I forgot that WCW basically used every loving song on that WCW Mayhem CD for wrestler themes. And I guess Snuka and Terry Funk were so important that they used the same one.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
WCW reused themes a lot. Brian and Vinny watched Uncensored 96 and Vinny was floored when he heard Loch Ness come out to Rey Misterio Jr's music, because no two wrestlers are more dissimilar

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

1st AD posted:

And I guess Snuka and Terry Funk were so important that they used the same one.
The storyline for that Nitro was that The Old Age Outlaws, Funk & Arn & Mr. Wonderful, were sick of Jarrett being disrespectful so they challenged him to a series of 3 matches in one show with old WWF legends (George Steele, Tito Santana & Snuka), assumedly because only WWF guys were REAL legends :russo:
So Snuka was representing Funk's faction for that night.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Snuka talking about the "accident":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmI2IGQ4unQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6BS1J1IIRU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My mom's name is Nancy :(

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

fart blood posted:

Don't let her get into a relationship with a pro wrestler.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Sid would be a double whammy here

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

fart blood posted:

Me too

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

LOL

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DynamiteKidd posted:

Anyway, a pressing concern here is that Snuka was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer. If convicted, he may not live to serve much (if any) of his sentence depending on his prognosis; he might not even survive the trial if it goes long enough.

So my point is that if justice is served it'll be a somewhat hollow victory. He could potentially live his whole life without answering for the crime.
If a criminal conviction is incidental and Argentino's family just wants to see Snuka suffer, stomach cancer is likely to grant them their wish.

EugeneJ posted:

Kevin Dunn found dead - burned to death in a car full of Vince McMahon tapes
I'd prefer a pyre of IYH VHS tapes while Motorhead plays "Eat the Rich."

Howling Man posted:

I have so many daydream fantasies about Vince McMahon's adventures in the prison yard it's like...
Are you Nailz?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

it was all a frame job by piper
It's all part of his shell game.

Joey McChrist posted:

"if she was samoan the coconut wouldn't have killed her" - vince mcmahon, 1983

Snuka used to dive into the ring, so I'm surprised we haven't had Samoan jokes in this thread yet.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

I'd prefer a pyre of IYH VHS tapes while Motorhead plays "Eat the Rich."

I have some bad news for you.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Holy loving poo poo.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
So did Snuka loving turn on Vince yet

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

New show for the WWE Network. It'll be their version of "The Jinx", with Snuka.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
So has this mostly been swept under the rug, or is everything just proceeding slowly as usual?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghidzilla posted:

So has this mostly been swept under the rug, or is everything just proceeding slowly as usual?

It's Lehigh County...so the latter.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99044/snuka-trial-date-canceled-after-hearing-today.html?p=1

quote:

WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Snuka will not go on trial as scheduled on 3/22 in regard to the involuntary manslaughter and third-degree murder charges in the death of his then-girlfriend Nancy Argentino in Allentown, PA in 1983.

During a hearing today in Lehigh Valley, PA, Snuka's defense attorney Robert J. Kirwan claimed that he was not mentally competent to stand trial. The court ordered Snuka be tested on his mental competence and that his trial is canceled until the results of the testing are determined.

Snuka's attorney claimed that he initially believed Snuka had a diminished mental capacity due to the side effects of his battle with stomach cancer but has since realized that Snuka has little understanding of what is happening to him, why he is being represented and claimed no memory of Argentino's death. Snuka's attorney also claimed he tested positive for signs of dementia in 2010 and that he has been unable to have any real conversation with Snuka about the case.

Charles Gallagher, the District Attorney prosecuting Snuka argued to the court has had a career as an entertainer, alleging he was acting a part, leading to the Judge to order testing.

The competency hearing, with experts from both sides weighing in on Snuka, will take place on 3/18. Should Snuka be found mentally competent, the trial will be put back on the docket for a later date. If he is not found competent, it's unknown what the next step might be.

loving :lol: if he's trying to pull the "I am but a simple savage, your world frightens and confuses me" act and is not actually senile

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
His lawyer's not arguing the savage thing. He's arguing dementia, which would be a perfectly legal defence. Kinda hard to think back on a murder you may have committed with clarity if you have no loving idea where you are. And cancer treatment can gently caress with a person's head: I've seen it first hand.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't it possible he could act like he has dementia, though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Isn't it possible he could act like he has dementia, though.

Possible but difficult to prove.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
wikipedia says he was in a match with some shithole promotion like two years ago which i would probably chalk up as a point to dementia

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The thing is, between his age, the fact that cancer treatment can cause extreme memory loss, the fact that Snuka probably got his bell rung a lot, as well as a history of drug abuse, it's not stretching the limits of credibility to think that he's on the downward slope in terms of cognizance. I assume the test involves brain imaging as well as one on one questioning, which should give an idea of what Snuka's cognitive abilities are like at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Snuka worked a match for ECPW on May 16, 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNtx8dl4FMo

• Locked thread