Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Wild West Mafia is a game for 11 players.

quote:

The frontier was always quieter than you thought it would be. Even a little bit of bustle seems like a storm of sound compared to the solitude of the open plains. This little town was in sad shape, and the reasons you had for moving out here were disappearing by the day. No railroad, no entertainment, not even a wagon full of travelers showed up more than once every couple of months. Mayfield wasn’t even incorporated, and it wasn’t gonna get any bigger now. Those outlaw camps to the northwest may be in another county, technically, but they must’ve run well out of folk to pillage on the other side of the river. Boss has been lookin’ a lot more worried lately, and I reckon he has a lot to lose. For how little goes on out here, it’s amazing how things can change in an instant. That’s human nature for you.

Standard mafia rules apply. Thread will be closed at night, don’t post after a day action or a hammer, etc.

Don't import drama, be petty towards others or make things personal in this thread.

This game has no relation to the Will Smith classic film Wild Wild West, but you can play the song and get it stuck in your head all the same.

Signups
1. bowmore
2. CapitalistPig
3. CCKeane
4. chaoslord
5. Deadbeat Dad
6. Dhaes
7. GulagDolls
8. JakeP
9. Lumpen
10. Section 31
11. Tremendous Taste

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You're no Tim Tucker

0/5, not playing

Nah I'm just a capps parachute

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Farts.

Butts.

That vote goes Republican. We count that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I only vote ironically. This includes in mafia games.

I am in.

I think we're approaching a world where it would be more appropriate to not vote for Trump to be ironic.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You're no Tim Tucker

0/5, not playing

is this a stealthy signup post

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

I will play, calmly and seriously

:mrgw:

you're right it was actually pretty obvious. thanks again for joining us!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

This is the second time you posted first in my game but aren't playing in it MMM :argh:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'll take trip's place

Top of the list!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I am amending this game to 16 players due to setup reasons. I'm aiming to write a bunch of flavor for everyone in this game so if it takes a while to fill up that's okay!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Section 31 posted:

Is there empty spot left?

Yes! Welcome.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I guess I should also mention, for the sake of not blindsiding any of you, that this game will be lights out. If any of you don't know what that means I'll explain what the specifics are when the game starts but you can also read here.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Finally have some time to play in a game so yea sure

Top of the list!

also DBD if you made a game I'd totally play that poo poo, just saying.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Yeah okay I'll do so. Signups are closed. This game is no longer lights out though! Just regular mafia.

I'll run a big lights out game sometime.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Oh, by the way, if anyone needs to back out please do so before I send out role PMs, which I will be doing later today! Thanks in advance!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Section 31 posted:

Enough chatter!

Now it's time for slaughter.

##Shoot CCKeane with revolver

It wasn't very effective...

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Role PMs are now being sent out.

This game will be very normal, and I will try to have 72 hour days, but avoid having them end on weekends where I can. I'll try to keep deadlines consistent at 11:00pm EDT. If you have a problem with this please tell me in advance!

Flips will look like this:

playername - Flavor J. Lastname, town-aligned Citizen was lynched D0.

Example Vanilla Role PM:

playername - Flavor J. Lastname, Citizen (town-aligned vanilla)

quote:

flavor

You are a vanilla townie. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

As a rules clarification, your team needs to have a single person left alive to win. Town can't win with no townies alive, even if all threats have been eliminated, enforcing a potential stalemate. I put this clarification in all of my games now so WIFOM if you want.

D1 will start soon, but you guys can start posting and playing asap.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

quote:

The sun rose up red as fresh blood, with clouds on either side littering the horizon. It was a hot morning, even for mid-August. Mayfield was never a forgiving place. The town seemed to be bustling, but that was more a sense of anxiousness than anything else. The town seemed more unified in the face of bandit news. Like gossip would somehow make their shotguns stronger.

The great plains were a very uninteresting place at face value, but there was more danger than would meet the eye. Coyotes were aggressive, even during the day, and even the most innocent-looking of plants could be deadly. Water wasn't the easiest thing to come by, even just a few miles from the Kiowa River.

Suddenly a scream sounded out, then a few more cries, and a lot of loud shouting. Something had happened. Many Mayfield regulars hustled to the town square, seeing a man lying in dry blood against an alley wall. Bruised and battered, his ripped off badge torn off his ripped vest. He was immediately recognized as Roger Saddler, the sheriff.

Mayfield didn't get a lot of wins, but it definitely didn't need a loss like this. Women were bawling, and the men looked unsure as to what to do. No consensus was made, just a lot of nervous pacing as a few picked up the body and dragged it to the undertaker.

Roger Saddler, The Sheriff, was killed N0.

It is now D1.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

yeah uh I'm not gonna be an interventionist mod or anything but let's not bring that game into this game at all. Thanks!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

quote:

The restlessness had reached a critical mass by the early evening, as the sun had passed to the opposite horizon. The rumors were flying. Who would've killed the sheriff? Was Mayfield being invaded? What reason would they have to batter him up and leave?

A few men led the charge, pitchforks and rope in hand behind them. Mr. Harold Britton, owner of Mayfield's only general store, had been seen on recent nights in the alleyways cavorting behind his store where Saddler was found. Was money being exchanged? Had something come to light? Who could possibly administer that justice now?

The crowd wasn't going to wait. Harold was going to pay. The sun's burgundy shine began to set.

Lumpen - Harold Britton, town-aligned Eavesdropper, was lynched D1.

It is now N1.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

quote:

The town awakes, anxiously, as everyone settles back into their basic routine. Yesterday had been a nightmare, but the excitement had transformed from anger to restlessness. They were awaiting the feds to come, knowing that they would show up when word of the sheriff’s death hit them.

More screams. A terrible jolt runs down the spine of everyone as familiar screams enter their head. A woman, terrified, runs out of her house, a ripped strip of cloth in hand. Some run over, seeing nothing but a white, bespectacled corpse lying on its back.

Tremendous Taste - Boyce Wittcold, town-aligned Citizen was killed N1.

It is now D2.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm in a bar watching the Chiefs game. When I get back I'll post the flip.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

quote:

Two nights in a row, Mayfield was beginning to disappear. Something needed to be done. The town started little witch hunts. Anytime someone could remember some suspicious activity, that person got a visit. Many had straight up abandoned the village, and the phrase 'ghost town' had been uttered a few times. Someone recalled the local sawbones had been visited quite a few times by the sheriff the couple of months before his death. The interview didn't last long. The only man he couldn't save was himself.

Section 31 - Euphrates K. Worth, town-aligned Doc, was lynched D2.

It is now N2.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

quote:

The population was vanishing and the night was cold. Coyotes seemed to be perceptibly moving in, their howls louder and closer than ever. The townsfolk figured they’d find someone when they woke up - the only question was who. It turned out to be a sturdy man by the name of Meachack. Maybe Mr. Meachack had been hunting on his own, and paid for it with his life. Didn’t matter much now. The mystery was as worthless as the safety of the Mayfield.

Chaoslord - Dale F. Meachack, town-aligned Citizen was killed N2.

It is now D3.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

quote:

Not many citizens remained in Mayfield, and it wasn't looking like the town would survive. But some folks stayed dedicated to finding the culprits. At about 2pm, during the long heat of the afternoon, someone showed up to the town hall, saying they had seen a suspicious looking man out near the saloon. They decided to check it out immediately. After a good amount of runnin' and shootin', the man fell, shot down in the arms of vigilante justice. He wasn't recognized, but after running like that, surely this was one of the men they were looking for.

CCKeane - Richard Bonton, mafia-aligned Outlaw was lynched D3.

It is now N3.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

quote:

Another person died in the night. The man must not have been working alone. His glasses lay broken and cracked, covered in dust, next to the corpse. Another one to be buried, if anyone was left to do it.

CapitlistPig - Ulysses L. Colburn, town-aligned Citizen, was killed N3.

It is now D4.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

quote:

Maybe it was the town hussie! Surely she did it!

GulagDolls - Loretta Harper, town-aligned Citizen was lynched D4.

quote:

The plains rolled over in the wind. Tumbleweeds were visible in all directions. It seemed that the aura of Mayfield was already that of death. Nothing could save the town from destruction now. The owner of the saloon, Norris Plemons, was visibly shaken by how quickly his business, and the entire town around him, had dried up.

He walked upstairs to his family, and told them to get ready. After his partners in crime had looted every single outgoing member of Mayfield, he couldn’t imagine the riches piled up. It was too bad what had happened to Richard, but them’s the breaks. Life goes on, at least for some.

Mayfield’s silence was uncharacteristic, but who was going to be around to hear it now? Now it was nothing more than a relic. The natural result of civilization. A result of days gone past.

CCKeane - Richard Bonton, mafia-aligned Outlaw,
DeadbeatDad - Pete Jolley, mafia-aligned Outlaw, &
Dhaes - Norris S. Plemons, mafia-aligned Bartender
have fulfilled their win condition and won the game!

bowmore - Oscar Shaul, town-aligned Eavesdropper &
JakeP - Patience D. Scull, town-aligned Citizen
have been endgamed!

I had a lot of fun modding this game guys.

original moddoc, I think it's accurate

scumdoc

Some stray observations

-Originally this setup was going to be a lot crazier, and it went through several adaptations (including an all-vanilla game, god I'm glad I didn't do that), but I toned it down. I wanted to experiment with having trackers instead of a cop. I realize now that I could've put 3 in, but honestly the trackers counterclaiming each other D1 wasn't something I could've anticipated and it really hurt town!

-I thought having the sheriff die N0 would imply a copless game, and the scum figured that out, but I can understand why the theory didn't come through to town.

-It got harder to write good flavor, since a town slowly dying to outlaws isn't how it really happens. But I still had fun writing the flavor.

-Keane really verified something that Lumpen said about Ecco's last game. If people see you as scummy, but not quite the scummiest, that's a good place to be.

-I did completely RNG this game, and was surprised with the scum team random.org gave me.

Thanks for playing and helping me learn more about setups!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

oh, btw, the corpse of Richard Bonton ate a bug D4. Just to flesh out the game a bit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Lumpen posted:

As long as the game entirely revolves around me, I'm satisfied.

fair

• Locked thread