Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Finally have some time to play in a game so yea sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

I like a lot of people this game. Just know that I would never kill you.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

3 confirmed scum wrap it up boys

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

I'm selling vinegar pie and beans for cheap over yonder, or whatever the gently caress you weirdos like to eat in this bumfuck town

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

CCKeane posted:

##vote Deadbeat Dad This is Yankee talk.

I hereby have proof that in late June of the year 2015 you were spotted in Yankee lands by I, Deadbeat "Deadeye" Dad and Tremendous Taste the Third as we were on expedition to find the most luxurious round bottomed ladies east of the Mississippi, what were you doing in these lands, if you don't mind me asking, hm? Conspiring with the enemy? Mayfield doesn't have a lot of strangers, but you.. I have my eye on you.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

CCKeane posted:

2015? What would I be doing 150 years into the future pray tell?

O-o-oh dear, the doctors never told you after your head injury in the Great Dodgeball War? I guess we'll pretend I never mentioned your presence in the Yankee lands. It's better to be naive.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

I like Lumpen but I think I've always been on the bottom of his Lumpen list in every game... you piece of poo poo.......

also, sup Taste.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

I'm down to vote out Section 31 because he wanted to be all gung ho with his pistol before the game really started but now he's not out for blood. You scared to tussle, boy?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

##vote cckeane i wont let you do this again

What he do

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

##vote Bowmore why would you vote him again fam

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

JakeP posted:

i hate the mindset that you never vote an uncc'ed role that isnt guarenteed to be in the game anyway, but im not rdy to vote lumpen im jus impoarting my 2 cents JakePennies of wisdom

Is that a mindset though?

My mindset is on the good chance that Lumpen is telling the truth (at this point - the chance % could go up or down as the game goes on) you just don't vote out a possible important town role D1 and shitfuck the town

Then you get to wifom the mod and wonder if they give claims to scum or if Lumpen balls to the wall picked a role that 1. isn't in the game 2. isn't a role of anybody else

Doing the math voting Lumpen as things currently stand is pretty stupid

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Strictly an opinion on his claimed role fwiw, none of that mod clearing bullshit

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

When did you become a shitposter Jake

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Speaking of, my stomach has been ungodly recently and my stool is the consistency of these baked beans I'm selling

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Can we LIVEN THIS poo poo UP fellas

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

bowmore posted:

I'm voting lumpen because I don't believe his claim obvs

I'm more concerned on the reasoning of it all which you haven't elaborated on than you voting him in general. What I wrote earlier makes it seem like a very low percentage play unless you just want Lumpen out more than you think he was given a fakeclaim of a role that wasn't in the game

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Dhaes posted:

why dont we do something productive instead of flailing over lumpen being a dipshit, like talk about gulagdolls there is a good place to start

I thought Gulag was joking

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

##unvote

##vote chaoslord

I'll maybe do gulag if he really insists his role does what it does but sure i'm down with a lurker lynch, nobody really has done poo poo else for them to warrant a vote from me

Maybe bowmore because idk, I can't really do that just cause he disagrees with me and he could be right about Lumpen but I still think if it was anybody but Lumpen he wouldn't be feeling like thats a fake role

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

prefacing it with "assuming he's town" would've made what you said correct, but uh, yeah you didn't say that.

Keane are you reading it like a slip? I can see where he's coming from but can also see it being a slip

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

##unvote cause posting

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

bowmore posted:

dbd why are you defending Lumpen?

Defending is sort of a loose term

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

It's not losing Lumpen tbh it's losing a potential tracker

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

The thing about a tracker claim is there are shitloads of better claims to fake. Unless there is a scum tracker and a town tracker. It seems way more likely than having two town trackers

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

This is giving me Harry Potter mafia flashbacks

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

##vote bowmore as well

I can see two trackers, can't see two town trackers, seems more plausible to me that bowmore hosed up rather than Lumpen being scum and being given a fake claim of a town tracker that's already in the game

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

one thing i dont get though, is the motive for mafia ccing lumpen...at all. in fact i don't get it so much that i refuse to take part in this ##vote cckeane

Nothing about this scenario makes sense in the slightest, but this is completely based on me not thinking there would be two trackers in an 11 player game

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

why would bowmore do that, as bad guy.

no clue. But this is Lumpen we're talking about. People might play out of their comfort zone. Out of the scenarios of Lumpen being given a fake claim over bowmore just trying to get him out and messing up, for some reason the latter seems more plausible to me

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

why not two trackers in an 11p...seems reasonable to me, not knowing the other roles

Any 15 player or less game off the top of my head, that I've played in, hasn't had 2 *TOWN* trackers. Maybe a watcher, or a backup, but never two trackers. Let alone in a smaller game of the spectrum in 11 players.

But this is just mod wifom so ahhhhhh

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

##vote CCKeane okay do this

honestly, that seems better than voting a potential town tracker out, but the issue is going to have to be addressed at some point I think, even getting results from them won't confirm poo poo, and potentially outing a cop early just to confirm one isn't worth it either imo

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

The thing is I agreed with Keane and his statement on JakeP (though Lumpen shot a hole through it when Keane pressed it further) and didn't really like how JakeP reacted immediately calling Keane scum for it since you did word that chaos thing really badly. The thing about Keane is I think he's trying to get Lumpen out because he doesn't like him rather than he thinks he's scum, and I think that's scummy. It would be nice if he commented about the exchange with bowmore recently since his vote on Lumpen was before all that.

if you admit that your vote is more of a housecleaning thing than a "I believe he's scum" maybe it'll make more sense

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

5 hours to deadline.

##unvote

I'll wait a bit. Not super convinced on Keane yet, still think there's more to this tracker thing.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

I would 100% vote with the majority and don't care how scummy it looks. Lumpen's claim is way more realistic than bowmores in my head, but I can't act like I don't get why voting Lumpen out is a good idea. Certain posters will actually start to play the game. Keane is all over the place.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

CCKeane posted:

"I'm okay with anybody dying"

Deadbeat Dad

I'm okay with you dying because you're flinging stuff at the wall and have voted Lumpen from pure dislike and not playing the game. Lumpen poked a huge hole through your jake case and you turn around and keep a vote on him even after the eavesdropper thing until you were forced to admit you don't like playing him

I'm okay with bowmore dying because his claim seems more flimsy than Lumpen and Lumpen doesn't bother me as much as he does other people, flip will give some good information if he's not scum

I'm okay with Lumpen dying because I could be wrong about bowmore and Lumpen could have a fake claim given by the mod. Also people like you and Dhaes and whoever else that dislikes him will actually play with a clear head and enjoy discussion not centered around Lumpen

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Your play is actually confusing me

##vote Keane i'll just keep this vote on you then if the crux of your argument of why i'm scummy is me unvoting you close to the deadline

I Will Appease You Keane

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Section 31 posted:

Did you drink too much liquor, Deadbeat Dad?

huh

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

##unvote

Lumpen posted:

This strikes me as a very Scummy post. I find the justification of the vote to be poor. DBD, I would be happy if I can conclude you're Town, but you seem unfocused. Your posts are summarizing possible viewpoints and justifications for votes but committing to nothing. It comes across as weirdly apologetic and hesitant trial-ballooning. Definitely NOT Scumhunting.

That makes me feel concerned. Especially when you end with a defensive-toned vote on Keane that you explicitly deny responsibility for.

If you're Town, find a real suspicion and stand behind your own read! Find a vote you can vote with gusto! You can do it! You have vast talent and a great reputation!

There is very little scumhunting to be done atm considering you and bowmore have claimed the same role, and half of the game wants you out no matter what you claim. I'm well aware of me summarizing viewpoints in response because it's not like it was pointed out that I would vote for anybody, I SAID I would vote for anybody.

Above all I'm fine with Keane because I feel like he's flailing and playing with his heart more than his ~mind~ but I don't know how that matches up with his scum game. He just seems all over the place which is not what I'm used to.

Not defensive at all, pretty chill this game actually. I'm known for having a defensive playstyle and often that gets suspicion on me early. That's fine. I like to play like that and get people talking. However, I don't see anything really wrong with my viewpoints. Half of the game isn't really posting. I'm not going to hard commit to any of you 3 D1. I don't think that makes me scummy. If I continue doing that, yeah, obviously that would.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

##vote bowmore

Alright I'm in the thunderdome. You better not be leading me around Lumpen!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

bowmore posted:

Welp, Lumpen and I are both town trackers

I tried to track DBD last night but my action failed, I assume because I got roleblocked

Just here selling me beans

• Locked thread