Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

FP:5 Phys: OOO Mental: OOOO

Still reeling from the wash of red mana that counteracted his alteration formula, Dusan takes a moment to study the conflict before him. Seeing as the binding circle Mercy created is between him and the rather large demon, there's only one thing he can do, while preserving as much of his safety as possible. Taking careful aim, he hurls a few cloth pods towards the center of the circle Mercy is making. As they land, Dusan calls out a few mana-laced keywords, and points at the large angry demon. Masses of vines erupt from the pods, and race towards their target.

Using Plant Control to try and drag the demon towards the circle...

10:26:49 PM <•FewtureMD> !r fudge+3
10:26:51 PM <Krysmbot> FewtureMD, /---+3 = 0

...Crud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Marking this space for update tomorrow, busy tonight.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I lied, work tackled me. I will see if I can get an update up while in vacation but odds are it'll wait for Monday or Tuesday.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

20:44 skybot MorsWork: 7 (4dF+5=0, +, 0, +)

Thale reaches into the spell, delving deep into the magic. The Black mana seeps into him, filling him from within. Whispers assail his mind, as the dreams of the homes around this place begin to flow through his mind. And through them all is a single thread, an image that fills his mind deeply. An image that burns itself into his mind. A woman, pale and beautiful, with black hair flowing around her like a cloak. She is clasping hands with a massive creature, like a demon, yet unlike it, a creature with yellow skin that shimmers with starlight and a cloak as black as the night sky, but pocked with stars. The scene is from another world, that much is clear - a beautiful world of starlight, togas and strange creatures. The demon seems to be seeking this woman, using the dreams as a conduit to try and track her down. With the spell shut down after this, it will need to seek other methods...

But in the vision overwhelming him, Thale has allowed more Black mana into his mind than he intended. His will is still strong - he resists the spell's attempts to suborn his mind and dreams to it. But it takes its toll, leaving a mark within him, as the nightmare visions go deep.

Thale takes 1 mental stress, but discovers the purpose of the spell - seeking this woman by hijacking dreams as a focus at the cost of sanity. She is somewhere on Theros, apparently.

20:53 skybot MorsWork: 6 (4dF+5=0, +, +, -)

Cadaveria, meanwhile, turns the tables on Kylgrath with her music. The black notes shriek out over the arena, playing tunes of banishment. Kylgrath's ties to Ravnica and Rakdos are strong, however. He barely wavers before letting out a musical bellow of his own, shattering her notes before they can do terrible harm.

Kylgrath takes one 1 mental stress!

21:06 skybot MorsWork: 7 (4dF+5=+, -, +, +)

However, when Ramah tries to trip the great demon, he finds the creature much more solid than he expected. The demonic rakshasa of his own home are not so large, nor quite so dense - creatures of lithe smoke and subtle magic, not the brute power this demon demonstrates. The thing does not so much as budge.

21:27 skybot MorsWork: 5 (4dF+5=+, -, +, -)

Mercy's binding circle is more helpful - channeling White magic, she overwhelms the miasma of Black mana that surrounds Kylgrath, creating a potent binding circle despite his dark magic. Trapping the demon within it will be extremely helpful.

I...think that's success with style? Which is I believe two free invokes? Someone check that.

Physical: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Mental: [X] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Consequences: Moderate (-2), Severe (-4)
Aspects: Echoes of Death

20:55 skybot MorsWork: 4 (4dF+3=0, 0, 0, +)[/i]

Gwenyvyn lays about herself, tearing goblins apart without care for their numbers. The clowns are left more red than white, as blood flows freely. Several drop dead on the spot, carved into pieces, while others move to flee. Only a few remain alive when she stops to take a breath.

21:29 skybot MorsWork: 3 (4dF+5=0, -, 0, -)
Spending one of my FP to up that to a 5 by invoking Heat of the Flame. So that's a 5, making it a tie even if you invoke Mercy's aspect. Since that'd not do anything especially helpful here, I suggest saving the invoke.

Dusan summons forth vines, which wrap themselves around Kylgrath. He struggles against them - and then roars, calling the flames around him to surge, burning the plants away to nothing. He looks over at Cadaveria. "So many seem to want to interrupt our duet. If that is what you want..."

He slams his fists down into the ground, calling forth to the fire around him. A cloak of flame wraps around his body, making the air hazy around him.

21:34 skybot MorsWork: 4 (4dF+5=0, +, -, -)
Anyone who wants to attack him will need to make a defense roll against a standing attack roll of 4.

The goblins, for their part, stare up at Gwynyvn. she has cut down most of them, but a few yet remain - and while most goblins are weak, these are Rakdos goblins. The average goblin embraces suicidal acts with fervor, and a Rakdos goblin even moreso. One of them turns to the rest. "Skurrbag's the slowest!" The rest pile onto the one named Skurrbag, lifting him up. "And...heave! One, two, three!" They hurl Skurrbag at Gwynyvyn. The goblin jester screams as he flies, and the rest cheer. "GOBLIN GRENADE!"

21:38 skybot MorsWork: 5 (4dF+3=0, 0, +, +)
I will spend a third FP for this scene to activate the stunt GOBLIN GRENADE, giving them Weapon: 3 for this one attack.

GOBLINS
Physical: [ ] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Mental: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Consequences: NONE LEFT
Aspects: Horrific Burns, Carved To Bits

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

FP: 1/5 | Phys XOOO | Men OOO [Charbroiled x1][-4][-6]
sheet

"You think a fireworks show is going to stop your doom, hellspawn?" Mercy does not flinch as she steps inside and shoves her hands through the fire, graspsing at the demon himself. The mana of the circle followed her inside it like a soap bubble. "How does it feel to be the one on the altar THIS time?" She chants a sacrificial rite in reverse, power flowing...backwards from her, into the creature. As expected his flesh immediately absorbs the Red mana channeling from Mercy's blistering arms but is totally unprepared for the chaser of pure White that follows it. "YOUR SOUL IS MINE"

Defense roll was [+3] for 1 Physical. I'm going to compel I Killed a World and I liked It to not give a drat about being on fire and fill my minor consequence with Charbroiled. Using Sorcery to fry him in his own juices with a [+7]. Tagging Dread Sorceress, Binding Circle and Slayer and Reaver to make that +13:black101: Let's gently caress 'im up guys. (One remaining free tag on Binding Circle)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 3, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

FP: XOOOO | Phys OOOO | Mntl OOO

The goblins' suicidal attack isn't entirely unexpected. The question with boggarts was never if they would attempt some insane, self-destructive stunt, but what of many choices available they would make. This one isn't a poor choice. Not in the confined spaces of Ravnica. Unfortunately for Skurrbag, there's enough of his fellows remaining to overpower him, but not enough to get a good velocity on the throw.

Gwenyvyn takes the simplest approach to avoiding the attack. In a move that has nothing to do with Kamigawan kenjutsu, the elf leaps like a deer, passing the hapless goblin midair and coming down in midst of his comrades. As Skurrbag ends his futile flight in a tremendous blast of noise and fire, Gwenyvyn sees to the others with cold steel.

Defense (Athletics): 4dF+4 4 4dF+5 5
Invoking Carved to Bits to make my defense a 6 and avoid damage. I'll also invoke Horrific Burns (using a free invoke if it has one, otherwise with my WROTE THE BOOK ON IT stunt). That makes the attack 7 with W:2.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

FP 6-1/5 Phys OOO Ment XOOO

Can plants throw up?

The black mana creeping up Thale's arm and over his shoulder into the rest of him has a strange and unfamiliar feeling about it, much different from the mana he wields (how?! Aren't they both Black?), and by the time it gets to his neck, it makes him outright nauseous. He feels himself waver and stumble forward against the altar...but as soon as he puts his hands fully against the stone, everything becomes clear.

"So that's what they want?" he whispers to himself as the mana begins to settle. "Why would she--?"

The loud *CLANG* and *CRASH* and *AIIEEEEE!* of battle behind him tells him to stop thinking and start doing something else. Giant rakshasa, way too big for a pair of shears to pierce, what then can he do?

"Uh...hey!" He calls. And suddenly he finds himself channeling a different, much more blithe spirit altogether. He knocks on the altar loudly with his knuckles--ow--and forces a smile. "Uh, I didn't know demons like you had urges like that! Peeping on women in their dreams is kinda...beneath you, isn't it?"

And now they know he knows. If he tries to stomp his way and mulch him...that's what everybody else's huge swords are for, right?

Hey, Sorin Markov. Thanks for the advice in heckling others! Rolling Provoke with an FP for Sorin Markov's Test Subject to get the Rakshasa's attention on the wispy little plant zombie who's just tapped his spell instead of the angry warriors who want to take his head off!
[00:46:52] <Davin_Valkri> !r 4dF +6
[00:46:53] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, -//- +6 = 4
If this connects call it something like Demon Heckler, maybe?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'd like to get an update out by next Wednesday. If you haven't posted by then, I'm moving without ya.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

5/5
Phys: OOX
Ment: OOOO

Cadaveria laughs mellifluously at the demon's fire-shield. She knew this would be easy.
"And here I thought we were just getting to know each other better! Veiling oneself is a maiden's method, not yours!"

She smiles mockingly at the demon. "Or are you afraid of my jig-step that you must hide like a child behind flames? I thought you better than that, oh demon of Rakdos. Come now- the bridge is ending. Let us dance in earnest."

Her feet tap a complex little rhythm, calculated to infuriate would-be suitors and demons alike. "The Demon Who Hid From The Maiden... it'd be a great tune, if anybody could believe it. Which they wouldn't. Because demons aren't cowards."

Provoke (Overcome): 4dF+5 7 to goad him into dropping that ridiculous shield. Chicken! Chicken!

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.

FP: 4 | Phys: [][][][] | Ment: [][][]
-------------------------------------------------

The sheer force of Ramah's stunt caused him to fling upward when the demon decided to be discourteous and stay standing. His hands slipped from the spear, sending him flying far above the demon's head as it ignited itself. As the demon is currently being ignited and taunted from all directions, Ramah spins in the air. The wafts of red and white mana ignite against his skin as he spins, twirling in the air as he hangs for a moment. One of the sparks glints against his pearly white teeth as he looks down and begins his fall.

"IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU MONSTER! I'M CUTTING IN!!!" With a swing around of his body, the sparks drill through the cloak of fire, Ramah's leg following right along side it. A thunderous snap to the base of the neck follows up, a sonic boom cracking along his foot as he strikes like a snake.

Rolling Thundercast to defend against the cloak of flames:
<AlanWhats> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> AlanWhats, -+//+4 = 4
Rolling Combat, using a free invoke off of LARGER THAN LIFE to get a +2
<AlanWhats> !r fudge+5
<Krysmbot> AlanWhats, -+/-+5 = 4 +2 = 6

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

[08:34.01] <skybot> MorsRattus: 3 (4dF+5=-, -, 0, 0)

Mercy's sudden and explosive unleashing of pure White power overwhelms most of Kylgrath's defenses. The demon roars in terrible pain, as brands appear along the length of his body. He stumbles back, the fiery shield around him wavering as he deals with the onslaught.

[08:37.27] <skybot> MorsRattus: 5 (4df+5=-, +, +, -)

The pain distracts the demon from Thale's heckling...or, rather, from the bite of it. The creature turns on Thale, eyes narrowing. "You've - you've destroyed it all. You have no idea, do you? It-"

[08:39.40] <skybot> MorsRattus: 7 (4dF+5=+, +, +, -)
[08:40.12] <skybot> MorsRattus: 9 (4dF+5=+, +, +, +)

He stops dead mid-sentence as Cadaveria taunts him. The shield wavers as the demon turns and catches Ramah's leg. The shield of flame flows back around Kylgrath as he tosses Ramah aside. "A coward? Do you know what a demon is? A demon is a survivor. There is nothing left here to hold my interest, thanks to all of you." The seals branded into it by Mercy's attack shimmer as Kylgrath struggles against them. At last, he shoves his claw into his own torso, opening up one of his old scars and spilling black blood across the floor. "Next time we meet, you'll not thwart me so easily!" His face contorting with pain, Kylgrath drops to one knee, then fades into shadow, using his own pain to fuel his magic.

Physical: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [X]
Mental: [X] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Consequences: Moderate (-2)
Aspects: Echoes of Death, Sealed Power

...but he flees, defeated!

[08:43.46] <skybot> MorsRattus: 1 (4dF+3=-, 0, -, 0)

The goblins are not so lucky. Gwenyvyn carves up the lot, leaving nothing but clown costumes, facepaint and bodies. With the ritual disrupted, the goblins dead and the demon fleeing, there is nothing to keep you from reclaiming your goods, which lie unharmed by the fires thanks to Thale's quick work defusing the spell.

Really, it'd be quite a nice place now if it weren't for all the blood and corpses. And the array of treasures on the altar, only some of which belonged to you.

Sorry this took so long! Hoping things will be back on track now.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

sheet

"Hahaha, yes, run, worm, next time we meet you're essence is mine hahahahaaaaaAAUAUUUGH Sweet merciful gods that hurts..." She looks for a convenient surface and/or party member to collapse on, ideally one that just won't outright get crushed.

If it applies I'll take my SWS boost for punching him as [Victory Overwhelming]

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 12, 2016

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Gwenyvyn flicks the excess blood from her blade, then wipes the last of it away with a small piece of tissue, letting it drop on the floor afterwards. Sheathing the sword, she walks over to the altar and reclaims her lost possession.

"That was well done, I think." She examines the other items there, and glances back at the others. "I hope no one's hurt too badly?"

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.

FP: 4 | Phys: [][][][] | Ment: [][][]
-------------------------------------------------

Ramah lies on the floor for a moment, having just been thrown down like a lawn dart. He managed to duck into the force of the blow, and as such he flipped onto his back with something of a splat. "Nay, just my pride, and only that by inches."

Just as he finishes saying that, Mercy begins to fall on him, whether by intent of seeing him as a squishy place to land on or by an accident of being tripped by detritus. With a quick dash of his outstretched arms he manages to just avoid being crushed. "I feel as though that is not true for all of us, though!" As he manages to get up and hold Mercy up at the same time, he also looks longingly at his spear just out of reach. Until he can determine what to do with Mercy though, his trusty spear lays there, a testament to the physical laws of misapplied momentum.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

sheet

"*Cough* Usually they explode when I do that, that was a big'-OW -'un"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

FP 6-1/5 Phys OOO Ment XOOO

"I think I understand more than you think, demon," Thale intones in a way that almost sounds cool. He manages to keep up the demeanor until the demon fades into the shadow and he feels the mana in the room begin to settle. Then he races over to the pile, grabs his flowers off the top, and practically kisses it, thorns be damned.

"As long as this is okay, I'll survive," he says to Gwenyvyn with a shrug. "So...what shall we do with the rest of these things? The ones that aren't ours, I mean."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Whatever decision is made, it should probably be made sooner than latter. The chaos will surely attract attention, and these could hardly be the only Rakdos in the area. It should be a little while before any guard changes happen, though, so you'll have at least another half hour unless someone calls the Boros for some reason. This seems unlikely.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Cadaveria begins shoveling treasure into her bag with plenty of aplomb and 0 shame.

She does, however, leave whatever silly items resemble the missing trinkets of the others present. Bad business to upset potential patrons.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Once the items are packed away, you make your way outside. The dogs have wandered off at this point, probably fleeing as they hear a Wojek siren going off a few blocks away. The Wojek guard must have some other crime to deal with right now. No business of yours, though! Instead, you make your way to the more open streets. The sun has risen by now, and the markets are lively. As you pass into the crowd, a few snatches of conversation catch your ears.

"-beautiful dragon motif no? You like, I cut the price down by 10 percent. Trust me, you want this, it's made by a distant land, a far-off clan of dragon-worshippers! Finest silk-"

"-tell of a place called Theros. I don't think it exists, though. There's nowhere that has enough empty space for statues big enough to tower over an entire city! Besides, you ever heard of Theros? I haven't before that!"

"It's a beautiful sword. Where did you say it was from?" "A mysterious and far-off land! Kamigarbo or something like that. They use an ancient art to make the steel finer than anything else! It's called a katana. Cuts through anything!" "Really? Tell me more-"

"What does it do?" "I don't know! I bought it off a traveler. Lovely gearwork, though. And look at the fiery stamp on it!"

There are shops of all kinds around you, and off to one side, a group of Rakdos clowns performing for coin. They don't seem to know you were interfering with Rakdos business and certainly don't recognize you - one's far too busy swallowing a fiery sword while three other clowns compete to juggle the most dangerous-looking blades.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

sheet

Mercy eyes the Rakdos and also the markets around her. Its not the first market she's been too but its even bigger than the one in her capital before that wacky Worldfire incident. "So, um, Cadaveria, what was in that haul?" She was kicking herself. In the old days she'd never let something like being covered in extremely painful injuries stop her from being first (and usually only) in line for loot. "I need to make a trade soon." She wanders over to an apothecary's booth, eyeing the various foul smelling stuff and pointing to her injuries. The man gestures to a pot of translucent green goo and Mercy immediately jams her mitt in there and slathers a fistfull over her neck, face, arms, and under her shirt. She ignores his shouting and raises a hand as she takes a moment to appreciate the effects. "Ahh. Okay, that is pretty nice. What was that and how much for this and the rest of it?"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 4, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP 5/5 Phys OOO Ment XOOO

Thale knows he can't have been in the catacombs for that long...maybe all that Black that came out of that ritual threw his sense of time off. Nevertheless, when he gets out into the market, he unashamedly basks and stretches in the warm rising sun. It never gets this warm in Innistrad. At least, the sun doesn't get this warm in Innistrad. Brands, ritual fires, angry torches, those get hot, but never pleasantly warm. And the markets are never this busy in Innistrad, or so full of strange things which are so obviously mana-filled even he can fill it, even if he can't tell their Color.

A place that sounds even warmer sounds even better right now, so as he follows the crowd and enjoys himself, he steers himself closer to the one talking about the stamped gearwork...

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"A bunch of junk, mostly," says Cadaveria bluntly. "Rakky dear seems to prefer quantity over quality, as always. Someone more skillful than I can likely pick some more interesting pieces out, but there weren't any good rubies and not a single instrument- not even a pan flute, by all the gods- so I stopped caring. Be a dear and look for yourself, will you?"

She holds out a bag.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

sheet

One of the virtues of having been at both the top and bottom of the economic pecking order was you developed and appreciation for the value of things. That being said, Mercy is having a hard time finding value in the bag of dross Cadeveria hands over. "Well...I supposed I could use this to buy off the owner of the next cafe we trash."

Lore to identify the grab bag? Nope, [+1]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Gwenyvyn follows after the others, having taken back only her trinket and let the others split the rest. As she walks, she makes notes in a small journal, managing the navigate the crowd at the same time thanks to long practice. As she does so, she keeps cocking her head to one side or the other, picking up certain salient words in the background chatter.

Catching up with the group as she tucks away her journal, the elf catches their attention, speaking quietly. "There's a lot of extraplanar goods and information being traded through this market. A lot more than usual, even for this plane. Something's going on."

• Locked thread