Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ravnica

Aspects: The Endless City

Third District, Upper Wards

Black Feather Firegrill

Aspects: A Feast For All Senses

In Kamigawa, they'd call it hibachi. The entire place is run by quite possibly the weirdest proprietors you've seen in a while - a human woman with clearly surgically attached black-feathered wings on her back, and her partner, who might be a goblin woman or might be a particularly cheerful imp. Either way, they are at least friendly as they send each of you to your table - shared, for the experience of the firegrill. You are left to socialize with each other for a bit before the meal.

The table chef is a goblin, his face painted black and red, like a jester with a fondness for skulls. His showmanship is impressive - the flames leap up from the grill as he works, sending long shadows over the wall behind him. It's half shadow play, half cooking performance, as the shadows seem to form pictures of revelry and battle alike, shifting into each other. This goblin is very good at what he's doing. The smells are a feast in themselves, and you can barely hear the bustle from the city outside. It's not the safest location - the edge of the Upper Ward, with the Undercity close and many alleys where one could easily get mugged. But the place came highly recommended, and anyway, you were already in the area for various reasons.

Everyhing is excellent. So good, in fact, that you never notice the other goblin staff. Even when one of them slips around the table, delivering drinks and subtly brushing past you. (The drinks are not quite as good as the food, though. They just can't make good sake in Ravnica. Lack of good rice patties or something.) At least, not until your food is ready. It smells excellent and tastes better...but at about that point, once the chef dances off for the back entrance, the problem becomes clear.

What did the goblins steal from you, and what are you going to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

FP: OOOOO | Phys OOOO | Men OOO

Finding a hibachi restaurant on this plane had surprised Gwenyvyn, thought maybe it shouldn't have. With Dominaria devastated for the umpteenth time, Ravnica had become a popular stopover for planeswalkers. The dense urban environment had enough diversity - often deliberately bizarre - to hide the odd extra-planar person or influence.

That her dining companions were, for the most part, of equally far flung origins was only appropriate. Ever since that time rift mess, her kind had become less averse to congregating. Probably because gatherings were less likely to end in continent-devastating battles than before. In any case, Gwenyvyn enjoyed sharing her own tales over dinner, and even happier to hear new ones. It helped distract from how bad the saké was too. If the two planes were closer, she'd consider skipping out for a moment and getting a proper bottle.

Then her musings and her enjoyment both came to crashing halt. She had a sense it was going to be her turn to tell a tale in a moment, and wanted a prop for this one. Except it was gone. In fact, her entire coin purse was gone. She didn't care about that. Much. But her jeweled bird - that made her angry. It was her favorite momento of Rabiah. A gift from a friend. And an artifact with some minor power, even if no one she'd met had actually been able to figure out what it was supposed to do.

The elf leaps to her hooved feet, sending her chair toppling over. "They've robbed us!" she snaps to the others, right before she turns to chase the fleeing chef - only to crash into the next table. Cursing, she tosses chairs and tables out of the way as she tries to get untangled from the furniture.

Athletics: 4dF+4 1
Starting things out with a terrible roll.

Gwenyvyn the Meta-Historian posted:

ASPECTS:
Concept: Champion of Forgotten Yore
Lore-Warden (+3): The Meta-Historian
Planeswalker (+2): Refugee From a World That Never Was
Warrior-Poet (+1): History is Written by the Victors
Omega: Seeker of Beauty

SKILLS:
Superb (+5): Lore, Physique
Great (+4): Athletics, Combat, Contacts, Empathy, Notice, Provoke, Rapport
Good (+3): Evocation, Sorcery, Will
Free Improvements: Focused - Athletics, Combat, Contacts, Lore, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Will. Specialized - Lore.
Paid Improvements: Focused - Empathy, Evocation, Rapport, Sorcery.
Remaining Points: 0/30

STUNTS:
ARASHIKIRI-NO-TSURUGI [Artifact Megastunt, 2-benefits]

quote:

A soratami katana forged from meteoric iron, heated with lightning, quenched in the rains of a typhoon, it's tameshigiri performed on a wind spirit. Given to Gwenyvyn as a gift after she wrote a three-volume encyclopedia of Kamigawan swords.

Function: Cuts That Which Cannot Be Cut
Flaw: Hated By Air Elementals and Spirits

STUNTS:
BEAUTIFUL BLADE
+1 to attack with Combat. Weapon:2.

IMPOSSIBLY SHARP
Attacks you make with this weapon can damage Indestructible targets.

HISTORICAL REVISIONISM
Once per scene, when another character creates an advantage, you can take control of the aspect and any invokes it has.

YOTIAN PROSTHESIS
Absolutely stronger than any human (Physique), but at a cost.

WITNESS OF THE AGES
Signature aspect: The Meta-Historian.

WROTE THE BOOK ON IT [Megastunt, 2-benefits]
Once per scene, you may compel a known aspect of another character or a location without having to spend a fate point. Additionally, when you use Lore to create an advantage, on a success or success with style you can choose to exchange a free invocation for an additional aspect.

(Total benefits: 7 - 5 = 2 fate points to the GM’s reserve.)

STRESS:
Physical: OOOO
Mental: OOO

WEIRD STUFF:

Weird Skill posted:

EVOCATION [1]
Summon a creature to make a physical attack.
Summon a creature to defend you against physical attack.
Summon a creature to overcome a physical obstacle.

Weird Skill posted:

LORE [0]
Use your education and theoretical knowledge to create or discover aspects, either with study or by remembering details.
Know things and solve problems based on your education and theoretical knowledge.

Weird Skill posted:

SORCERY [2]
Use magic to make a direct physical attack.
Counter attacks made with magic.
Counter an attempt to create advantages with magic.
Overcome obstacles created with magic.

Weird Mode posted:

LORE-WARDEN [12]
Athletics, Combat, Contacts, Empathy, Lore, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Rapport

Weird Mode posted:

PLANESWALKER [6]
Contacts, Evocation, Lore, Physique, Sorcery, Will

Weird Mode posted:

WARRIOR-POET [8]
Athletics, Combat, Lore, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Will

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 3, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Cadaveria

"Of course they have, they're goblins," says Cadaveria.

Cadaveria has spent the meal lively and talkative, but in that way that makes actual conversation impossible. You either shrink back and cede her the floor, or you talk around her. Especially since until now she was going on about the inspiration for her latest work, "Angel Wing Dismemberment." In excruciating detail. Naming all the organs.

"They rob everyone. That's why I keep all my valuables-"

Cadaveria reaches daintily to her neck in mock shock, only to discover her intricate time-piece necklace, a gift from a Ravinican admirer, missing. "Damnation! They are good. I liked that, and I'll have it back!"

Ducking around the cursing Meta-historian, she dashes for the chef's path with the ease of someone who has clearly had a lot of practice running in her elegant dress and heels.

Athletics: 4dF+3 5

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

FP: 5/5 | Phys OOOO | Men OOO

The drinks may be awful but Mercy was usually about quantity over quality. A number of empty bottles are piling up and its beginning to take effect. The effect put her in good mood. The awful sounds coming out of the overdressed moppet were beginning to blur together into white (black?) noise. Mercy had decided to just keep talking over her.

"So yeah, long set up short; I'm in a bar, there's drinking, usual chestpounding he-man nonsense going on. One little chode thinks that I'm giving him the eye. 'Hey I bet my buddies that if I talked to you, you'd run like a imp.' kind of set up.

"Anyways, he throws a punch at me, classic drunken right haymaker. Soak it on a raised arm, and I give him a quick combo to the face, just three jabs and a hook to the gut. The face, nothing really hits hard. The hook tho... PERFECT placement, right from the hips, classic shot. He chuffs out his air, folds over, and pukes. on. my. boots.

"So yeah, not my proudest moment follows. I'm drunkish, pissed, and covered in vomit, he's still heaving on my feet, bent over. According to the witnesses, I said something about 'my loving boots you loving gently caress', grab him by his hair and try and throw him. Did I mention I was drunk? Yeah, two handfuls of hair and a fair sized chunk of scalp later, he's screaming on the ground and I'm trying to figure out how to explain to his VERY pissed off friends that all I really wanted to do was chuck the vile bag of sick across the room... It made sense at the time.

"Before they got me, I really only got one. Training was really out the window, I grabbed a bar stool. Big sucker. Cast iron legs, prolly around 35 kilos or so. Guy in front comes in fast, I swing this thing overhand at him, he THROWS AN ARM BLOCK." She chuckles" Arm snaps like a dry stick. Of course, then I get dogpiled. Horrible beating ensues, no glorious victory for me.

"22 stitches, fractured skull, moderate concussion, three broken ribs and some serious kidney bruising...I guess there are worse ways to spend your 16th summer. Man, sometimes I almost miss the days when I didn't have a spark, you had to work for your victories"

Mercy looks up at Cadavaria's outburst *snerk* "This is why you don't, uh. you don't-" Huh, her feet felt pretty cold, usually she warmed up when she dr- "-no NO, those were genuine snakemanskin boots you little turds!" She leaps over the table, following the others. Unlike them however, she either isn't capable or isn't willing of altering her direction much, so by the time Mercy realizes she's wobble-running and about to miss the doorway by a good two or three meters she just rolls with it and shoulder checks the flimsy ricepaper wall..

Compelling Transplanar Transient to set Down and Out in the Endless City and start this game appropriately shitfaced. Physique to charge through wall: +6, tagging Slayer and Reaver to make that at +8

quote:

Aspects:

High Concept: Unemployed God Empress
Slayer and Reaver
Dread Sorceress
Trans-planar Transient
I Killed a World and I Liked It.

Stress:

Phys: OOOO
Ment: OOO

Skills:
+5 Rapport, Physique
+4 Contact, Deceive, Sorcery, Will, Athletics
+3 Empathy
+2 Notice, Lore

Stunts: (+2 FP to GM)

Majestic Terror (2 benefits)
-Absolutely more charismatic (rapport) than a normal human at a cost
-The intimidation half of provoke may be used with rapport

Shut up and 'mance with me
-Gain +3 for each tag instead of +2 if it was a magically related aspect/maneuver created by an ally.
-+2 to use Sorcery to create advantages

Thews
-Physique can be used for combat with sufficiently large weapons or hand to hand(claw) ripping and tearing

This Machine Kills Phrexians
Function: 2 meters of sharpened darksteel. Killing, maiming, creating artistic gore splatter and launching po-mo art movements.
Flaw: Just a tad unwieldy.

-Greatsword that delivers +2 damage and +1 when attacking the highest ranking/most dangerous enemy in the area
-When using physique and gaining a SwS, instead of a boost, you may change/replace a scene's aspect with one free tag on it.

Modes:

Enlightened Despot (Cost:10)
Contacts, Rapport, Physique, Athletics, Deceive, Empathy

Occult (Cost 5)
Notice, Will, Lore, Sorcery

Transplanar 'fugee (Cost:5)
Contacts, Physique, Deceive, Rapport

Weird Skills:

Sorcery [2]
Use magic to make a direct physical attack.
Counter attacks made with magic.
Counter an attempt to create advantages with magic.
Overcome obstacles created with magic.

LORE[0]
Use your education and theoretical knowledge to create or discover aspects, either with study or by remembering details.
Know things and solve problems based on your education and theoretical knowledge.

Reinforced Skills:
+1 to Contacts, Rapport, Physique, Deceive

Remaining Skill points

Focused>Specialized @ 2pts ea x 2 skills= 4pts
-Physique
-Rapport

Trained>Specialized @ 3pts ea x2skills= 6pts
-Sorcery
-Will

Trained>Focused @ 1pt ea x1 skills = 1pts
-Athletics

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 6, 2015

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Thale is almost too busy looking at the goblin chef, the flames of the open grill dancing up and down, to notice the waiter slipping around behind him. He almost wants to reach out and grab one of the pieces of meat right out of the air as the chef tosses and twists, even though he knows that would probably cause him to catch fire right there. He settles for a long pull of a teacup instead as he listens to the muscular woman to his side drunkenly tell her tale.

"So pretty..." he murmurs as the shadows and lights dance in front of his eyes, turning to his dinner companions. "They don't...I don't think anybody did anything like this in Innistrad. Do they do this on--"

He feels a slight brush against his back, sees the people around him panicking and clutching at themselves, widens his eyes in confusion. "How do you lose your boots?" is his first thought--he's still not quite used to having anything on his person valuable enough to take, so he doesn't think to check his own purse until a few seconds after three other people excuse themselves to pursue their suspect violently. His coin purse is empty--but he remembers putting the last coins in the little upturned cloth hat because the chef was so good. What else did he have that was worth stealing...?

His hand brushes for an expected something, and touches nothing. And he flinches. That flower the white haired man had given him. The amazingly fresh one with the bright red thorns and bright blue petals, the one that he'd said was important, something about blooming and withering alongside himself. Where was it? He hadn't dropped it, he didn't see any smoke that would say it was burnt (and he hadn't keeled over, so...). Did the goblin everyone else was going after take it? Why would he do that?

He bows his head to the chef (who seems very confused why his audience is all leaving in the middle of his act), stands, and does his best to shadow the goblin everyone else is after. Unlike the three women, he moves quietly, muttering "pardon" and "excuse me" to those he passes. If the thief they all suspect is running from the drunkard who charges through walls, maybe the plant zombie can slip towards him unnoticed?

Everybody else is going loud. I think Thale will try to use Stealth and go soft.
[23:36:56] <Davin_Valkri> !r 4dF +3
[23:36:56] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, /--+ +3 = 2

Davin Valkri posted:

High Concept--Triffid Body Snatcher of the Living Dead*

+3 Bloodworking--Sorin Markov's Test Subject
(Bloodworking, Magical Lore, Deceive, Notice, Provoke, Will--8 pts)

+2 Hell Gardener--Innistrad “Survivor”
(Athletics, Combat, Empathy, Notice, Physique, Stealth, Will--12 pts)

+1 Planeswalker--Walk like a Wizard, Gawk like a Tourist
(Empathy, Notice, Planar Lore, Rapport, Will--7 pts)

Omega--Walk Me Where Blue Roses Bloom

Skill Tree:
+5: Notice, Will
+4: Bloodworking, Provoke
+3: Deceive, Empathy, Magical Lore, Stealth
+2: Athletics, Combat, Physique
+1: Planar Lore, Rapport

Stunts:
Stop Hitting Yourselves: When using Bloodworking against sentient beings in combat, Thale can use any one stunt or weapon rating they have that adds to damage as if he had it himself.

Chancy Gardener: Spend an FP to use Deceive in place of any skills at +0.

How Do You Kill Someone That’s Already Dead?!: Thale can never be taken out by mundane means--the killing blow must always come a magical weapon, spell, or similar

Rose of Innistrad: Aspects and/or consequences created with social skills (Deceive, Empathy, Provoke, Rapport) have 2 free invokes.

Signature Aspect: Triffid Body Snatcher of the Living Dead

Stress:
Phys: OOO
Ment: OOOO

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Sheet

Dusan lets out a sharp laugh as the majority of his dinner companions exclaim that their possessions are gone and take off after the goblin. Not only did the Rakdos underling make a severe mistake by robbing several planeswalkers, but the idea of his companions getting their pockets picked is intensely amusing. He gets up and starts to check his pockets. He starts to grin smugly when his coin purse is revealed to be as heavy as ever. Everyone knows you should keep...your....valuables...what. "My Zendikar deck!" The grin swiftly vanishes, replaced by blind panic as Dusan frantically starts patting down all his pockets. The handmade codex is gone, most likely clutched in a goblin's claws. A look of cold determination suddenly settles on the biomancer's face, and he reaches for a particular card. "It's time to hunt! Isamaru, Hound of Konda!"

Transform!: 4dF+5 4

With that, the biomancer's face starts to glow, elongating into a toothy dog snout. Dusan sniffs the air, and charges out after the goblin, scent strong is his new nostrils. THe chef at the hibachi mutters "loving Simics..."

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.

FP: 5 | Phys: [][][][] | Ment: [][][]
-------------------------------------------------

"BWAHAHA! And to think the worst I got was a chop to the head for my foolishness! ANOTHER ROUND!"

Ramah was his ever-present beaming self, even if the incessant beaming was a bit dwarfed by the rather grisly description of song structures and their inherent meanings and drunken ramblings of barroom brawls past. Most of his involvement in the vicious circle of conversation had been interjecting deafening punctuations on rousing fight stories and commentary directed elsewhere regarding the sizzling and dazzling display of foodstuffs marched out before them. Several plates have found themselves stacked in front of Ramah as he sampled as much of this section of Ravnica's cuisine as physically possible, while cups and cups of cheap sake were replaced with cups and cups of cheap beer. By now, a few of the more humorless customers have more than begun to give him in particular the stink eye, perhaps kept from action by his massive height and his even taller spear, gently rocking like a banner standard.

This strangely delicate balance was rather suddenly flipped over by the realization that the entire table had just been robbed. The seven foot tall giant almost immediately kicked himself out from under the table, balancing himself on the chair as he ruffled through his things. To his dismay, he had found what was missing soon enough. A great feather of a legendary bird spirit that ascended to the stars, quills of brass adorned with an eye that shined as brilliantly as rubies and always looked to the skies. The feather was a token, a powerful symbol that proved that nothing was impossible.

But that wasn't the really, really big problem here. The problem was that feather was in the same bag as a series of love poems that Ramah was writing in anticipation of relaying them to his true love, and that is just plain unacceptable.

"THE INCONSIDERATE CRETINS!" Ramah bellowed as he seemingly spun off of his chair. However, by the time he had set down, the entire room had turned into a gigantic mess in about three different ways. As a waitress trips up from the mass of chairs and tables that the elven historian had become, Ramah grabs the tray and catches her out of pure reflex. In a single smooth motion, he props her back up and slides the tray right into her hands before spinning around and buckling his legs in, the path clear before him as a window quickly opens ahead. But before that, he reaches down and yanks the buff elf out of the pile of wood, oriental decorations, and food that had unceremoniously been formed and hoisted her in some fashion over his shoulder. "LET US BE AFTER THEM! MAKE WAY MY FRIENDS, I MUST TAKE LARGE STEPS!"

And with a punctuation of a slam of the flat end of his spear on the ground, Ramah dashes off into the crowd, awkwardly carrying Gwenyvyn with him seemingly unaffected. Fleet of foot, Ramah seemingly dances along tables and chairs and openings in the crowd, hopping from one place to another as he makes a beeline straight for an opening. Like an arrow of a gazelle in a bull infested china shop, Ramah makes a dive for it.

Activating Kung-Fu Hustle so I can be a fantastic cheater ninja man all over this place.

AlanWhats posted:

High Concept: Dragon Ordained Warrior
Invoke: Show monastic discipline; command inexplicable "divine" energy.
Compel: Have timeline shenanigans mess with his head; have strange machinations surrounding his life ensnare him.

Monk: My Fist Is A Tool Of Justice!
Invoke: Stand up for the innocent; solve injustice with proper application of violence.
Compel: Sometimes you can't/shouldn't punch a problem in the face.

Illuminated: A Candle In The Dark
Invoke: Be an inspiration to others; peer through the veil to see details beyond normal sight.
Compel: Be a flashing neon sign to anyone looking for him.

Planeswalker: Beauty Beyond Imagine
Invoke: Speak of and appreciate the wonders of the multiverse; have love inspire him.
Compel: Be driven to find the source of his love; be driven to try new and exciting things.

Omega: LARGER THAN LIFE AND TWICE AS LOUD!!!*
Invoke: Have an enormous amount of self-confidence; do the impossible, row row fight the power; NO INSIDE VOICE!
Compel: Bite off way, way more than he can chew; do completely dumb stunts because; NO INSIDE VOICE!

Stress Tracks:
Physical: [][][][]
Mental: [][][]

Skills:
+5: Athletics, Combat
+4: Notice, Physique, Provoke, Rapport, Thundercast
+3: Empathy, Lore, Will
+2: -
+1: Contacts

quote:

Thundercast (2):
Cast an enchantment on a person or object by affecting internal energies.
Defend against magic advantages by channeling, deconstructing, or redirecting the spell.
Throw lightning, thunder, and other explosive things during physical conflict.
Solve problems with charged infusions of mana (i.e. electrically...for now).

Lore (0) [courtesy of Gorbash]:

Stunts:

So Utterly Titanic [2 Benefits]: Signature Aspect (LARGER THAN LIFE AND TWICE AS LOUD!!!). Additionally, opponents cannot get free invokes on any consequences Ramah may have.

Sky Cracking Spear Style: Ramah gains Weapon:2 when fighting with a spear or spear-like object.

Kung-Fu Hustle [2 Benefits]: When using Athletics to defend in melee and Ramah succeeds with style, the boost has two free invokes. Additionally, Ramah is absolutely better at Athletics than a normal being except when he is in some way bound or tied up.

Burn As The Sun Burns: Once per scene, Ramah may gain Weapon:4 when using Thundercast, but must do so by putting an aspect "Blindingly Bright" on the scene.

SMOLDERING BODY [2 Benefits]: Absolutely better at Physique, but at a cost. Additionally, Ramah may take physical or mental stress to gain a bonus to his next skill roll, with one point of stress equal to +1 bonus.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Chaos errupts as the goblins flee into the kitchen. Cadaveria follows them easily - at least, until Mercy smashes through the wall next to her, filling the place with plaster dust. Several of the goblins turn back to stare as dust covers their bales of rice and washbasins. The chef, just ahead of the group, starts to panic. "Go, go go go! Gogogogo!" He is terrified out of his mind, but the kitchens are packed densely with materials and sharp objects, and dancing his way around them is no easy feat. Especially not with a Simic tracker on him, following his every move nasally.

Thale goes unnoticed for now - Mercy has everyone's attention. Well, Mercy and Ramah, as the warrior leaps over the chaos ably, with Gwenyvyn in hand. He lands as the dust starts to settle, billowing like wings around him. Several goblins slip out the back, but the chef is thrown onto his back by the force of everything going on just behind him. He stares up at the group, eyes wide - wider even than a goblin's normally are. He bears none of your goods - but he certainly knows who has them. He saw them take it, after all, and probably helped plan the entire thing.

"...please not to kill me?"

Unfortunately, he's not the only one whose attention has been drawn. The propieters are turning from their post at the entrance to stare. The winged woman's tone suggests she is not amused.

"What in Azor's spitting arse did you do to my restaurant?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

"Um." Mercy wipes away a bit of drool that's kinda coagulated with the ambient plaster dust. What were they doing again? Right. "That depends madam, are your employees usually in the practice of robbing your customers?" Mercy was getting a little on edge back there, but right now she's covered in debris and is walking barefoot around a place covered in knives, with the possibility of imminent violence hanging in the air. Ravenica was finally beginning to feel more like home. "I didn't see a slot to put complaints in, decided to make my own...by the way that is a LOT of flies in the fruit back here, yuck."

Rapport at +4 unless someone wants to help.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 13, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

FP: OOOOO | Phys OOOO | Men OOO

Gwenyvyn pries herself free of Ranah's grip, finding her footing and dusting herself off. While Mercy is talking to the owners, she reaches over and grabs the chef. She searches his pockets for any of their things, though she suspects the other boggarts were the ones who did the pick-pocketing.

She doesn't bother putting him down when she's done, regardless. "Where did your friends go with our things?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Cadeveria emerges from the cloud of dust, spitting with both spit and fury. "WHO DECIDED TO RUIN MY DRESS!?" Seeing nobody around as easy to bully as the cowering chef, she seizes upon him like a descending thunder-goddess. "YOU! You will pay for both my things and the cleaning costs for this fiasco! Wet plaster dust is harder to get out than blood, and believe me, I know! YOU HAD BEST START TALKING BEFORE I PLAY YOU A DIRGE!"

Provoke: 4dF+5 6

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

FP 5/5 Phys OOO Ment OOOO

Thale finds himself stopping and staring through the kitchen door window, watching the altercation between angry restaurant owners and angry restaurant customers play out. For a brief moment he kind of regrets not wearing green--he could probably pass himself off as a bit of floral decoration if he turned his front towards the wall and had prepared beforehand. But standing stock still isn't really what he needs to do right now, is it.

Come to think of it, he could probably just head out the rear entrance right now, really. The winged woman and the smiling goblin and the panicked goblin all seem much more interested in his table mates. And the longer they talk, the longer the ones that had all their things have to get away, hide, put his flower (and the swordswoman's boots and anything else they'd taken) in some hiding spot. All the things he'd seen brigands try to do on the castle grounds...to bloody results. The memory of home is a reminder--stick your nose in the middle of a fight and you probably won't last...

Compelling Innistrad "Survivor" to leave you guys in the lurch while Thale tries to slip out another way! Sorry, guys!

Instead he ducks through another hole in the wall and slips outside. Now where did those goblin thieves run off to...?

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Sheet

Amid the dust cloud and shouting, Dusan closes his eyes and focuses. Sniffing the air with his new features, he tries to track down the scent of the fleeing goblin. The myriad scents of Ravnica mingle and merge in his...snout's eye? He begins to sift through them, discarding those that do not fit...and...bullseye! Dusan's canine grin frightens away the group of children viewing the commotion from across the street. Everyone on Ravnica knows to get the Orzhov-debtor's-prison away from toothy smiles.

Track down the goblin!: 4dF+3 3 +2 from my Dogface Boost, -2 from the dust cloud and ruckus

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

FP: 5-1=4 | Phys: [][][][] | Ment: [][][]

"We were EXTRAORDINARILY DRUNK!" Ramah bellows. "And your staff are EXTRAORDINARILY INCONSIDERATE!!!" He would comment on the fact that people are commenting about having to wash blood out of their dresses and people turning into wolf people but at the moment none of that mattered. With that comment, Ramah backflips and spins out the window, bouncing from the window sill ever upward as he searches for high ground. Among the neoclassical skyscrapers and buildings, Ramah springs from foothold and handhold to foothold and handhold. As the wondrously foolish man hangs off of the side of a building, he stares down into the alleys and dust-filled streets, finding himself met with a far more opaque view than he had hoped.

Rolling Notice to try and find where everybody went. Spending a fate point to invoke A Candle In The Dark to peer through the mess. Basically pointless but oh well.
<Krysmbot> AlanWhats, --/-+4 = 1
<AlanWhats> ...w o w
<AlanWhats> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> AlanWhats, //-/+4 = 3

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The winged woman grimaces. "They shouldn't be. We had a deal - they stole only from deadbeats who couldn't pay. But your complaint was registered on my wall. That's going to cost me business." She turns, as Gwenyvyn and Cadaveria starts questioning the chef. Well, 'questioning.'

"You - you are not going to killing me, yes?" The goblin is terrified, but that's normal, really. "I will tell! I will tell!" "drat right you will! My wall's coming out of your haul!" "Yes, yes, will tell! Is for Rakdos! We are gathering wealth for Rakdos! No dirge, no dirge! You will not like the answer, though!" He grimaces. "Is hiding it three levels down! They go there now! But is not a safe place! Fire and dogs and goblins, yes! And the demon master! Is gathering to burn for Rakdos!"

In the meantime, Thale is entirely unnoticed as he slips out the back. The gang of Rakdos thieves is not easy to follow. Ramah and and Dusan are both given great trouble with it - the scent is mixed with dust and fire, and then out into the chaos of the city. The goblins are headed down, through tunnels into lower streets - going higher is little help. Still, with the goblin's instruction, they should be able to track the lair...but the goblins will have had time to settle in.

Thale finds one of the tunnels heading down, of course. He'll get there ahead of everyone else! Indeed - he ends up right on the heels of the goblins, as they duck down dark alleyways. As they head into the darker areas, the goblins light torches, chattering to each other quickly. Thale is doing quite well for himself - or, rather, he was.

This all turns out to be trouble when the dogs arrive. A pair of mastiffs, fire dancing around their teeth as they sniff at the goblins. They haven't noticed Thale quite yet - he smells too plantlike - but he's alone, and it's going to be no more than a few moments before they spot him.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 24, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

sheet

"Right. What do you use for legal tender on this plane anyways?" Mercy opens up what looks like a tanned bladder or scrote taken from some giant beast and opens it spilling all kinds of debris over a bloody cutting board. "Leesee, 5 polished squirrel skulls, some weird kinda leaf, dirt from four or five planes, expended fire wand canister. Oh, wait, I still got these?" She gives it a final shake, dislodging a half dozen beebles which immediately scurry off into inaccessible corners. "I think that clears everything up? Unless you think us sticking around to discussing things with the Boros would be good for the continued existence of the establishment? Anywhoo, we're off to get our things. The service was a little lackluster but atmosphere and food was tops, 'ta!"

Mercy grabs a cleaver out of its block and motions for the others to grab the chef. "And now, the highlight of the day, crawling down a dark hole full of things that want to kill you!"

[6] on some kinda hybrid provoke/rapport roll.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 27, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"B-burn!? LIKE HELL IT IS!"

Turning smartly on her heel and completely ignoring any large annoying winged ladies, Cadaveria makes for the back exit and makes to follow the ones that have already set off in pursuit, dragging the goblin by the ear the whole way. "WHICH WAY IS IT!?"

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

FP: 5-1=4 | Phys: [][][][] | Ment: [][][]

With that realization, seeing the goblins disappear in a puff of smoke and civil engineering, Ramah does a pirouette off of the window sill he is presently perched upon down to the street. A group of unfortunate workers became subject to the sound of thunder from the sudden meteoric landing of the piece of man meat from the sky. Right along Cadaveria's and the goblin chef's line of sight. "FELLOW THEFT VICTIMS!" Ramah bellows as he pops up straight like a stepped on shovel. "ONWARD IN THIS DIRECTION!" And thus, he bounded off deer style into the tunnels, being followed by a woman in a corset and billowing dress and a scarred up drunken mercenary and preceded by a rumbling sound akin to a rolling ball of bull hooves.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

FP: OOOOO | Phys OOOO | Mntl OOO

Gwenyvyn watches her noisier companions with some bemusement, then adjusts her sword belt and turns to the proprietors. She gives them a bow, "Thank you for your hospitality," turns smartly on her heel, and follows Cadaveria out. As she walks, she pulls out a small bound notebook and pencil, making a few notes to herself for later. More than a few pages of a chronicle could come out of just the dinner conversation, and she'd not be pleased to forget them.

But as usual, sword work took immediate precedence over pen work. Burning the jeweled bird is probably a very poor idea. Besides, she wants to see what happens.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP 5/5 Phys OOO Ment OOOO

Why is this so...simple? Thale wonders to himself as he goes further down into the shadows of Ravnica. Well, maybe not "simple", but shouldn't they be trying to do something to shoo him away? Swarms of bats, clouds of dust, angry face-eating plants...Innistrad paranoia is whispering to him. The other fruit should be falling on his head any moment now.... He slides into the tunnel behind them, hair making a soft rustle as he reorients himself in the narrower passages. Any moment now.... They're lighting the torches, they'll burn him down...any moment now.

He's so focused on the goblins he almost doesn't see the hunting dogs. There it is. And he left all the people with swords and staves and things that are actually made to break people instead of plants at the restaurant! Ah, why did he have to run off on his own?! That's how he died the first time!

...but it's not his first time, and he has many more options now than he did then.

He balls his hand into a fist, and there's a soft ripping sound, like a fresh petal being squeezed and torn. He takes a deep breath, sniffs the perfume wafting out and (hopefully) towards the mastiffs. And he thinks to himself

Go away.

Time to see if body control works on dogs like it works on humanoids? Rolling Bloodworking to make these dogs stop sniffing my way!
[23:05:54] <DVAway> !r 4df +4
[23:05:55] <Krysmbot> DVAway, /-++ +4 = 5

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The owner grimaces, but makes no complaint at her 'payment'. She has clearly decided she just wants you all to leave. Following the goblin's directions downwards, the group makes their way towards Thale and his trouble.

[04:36.28] <skybot> MorsRattus: 1 (4dF+3=-, -, 0, 0)

Or, rather, his lack of trouble. The dogs turn to sniff at him - and then yelp, as their bodies suddenly cease moving the way they want. They half-tumble, half-trip away from Thale, whining and trying to figure out why they can no longer control their limbs. They flee back, tails between their legs, leaving Thale an open path. He heads inward, and the sight before him is amazing, in its way. Beyond the arched gates, light flows forth from flames and magma.

Aspects: Rakdos Revels, Heat of the Flame

The Rakdos goblins caper about within, following barked orders from a man with the painted face and absurd clothing of a jester. The fiery meagma spells endlessly around the stone paths, and at the rear, a huge figure, twice the size of any human, sits before a large altar. The figure's face is away from the door, but the two immense wings and the red and black markings live little doubt - a demon, leading this branch of the Cult of Rakdos. The goblins are deposting goods around the demon and the altar, while the jester directs them.

The good news, at least, is that the burning has not yet begun. The bad news?

Well, isn't a demon, a jester and a bunch of goblin cultists enough bad news? If it's not, remember that they are also clowns.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

FP: 4/5 | Phys OOOO | Men OOO
sheet

Mercy storms up the walk way, trying not to impale her bare feet on the assorted horrible detritus, and passes some kind of refreshment stand covered with bottles of what appears to be brightly colored horse piss. She grabs one and hucks it at the jester's head where it splatters messily. (The container, not his head, unfortunately). "WHOOP WHOOP, step the gently caress away from my stuff, assholes." One hand half draws the giant pig sticker on her back.

7 on my provoke roll, tagging Slayer and Reaver to make that +9

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 9, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

With Mercy drawing attention upon their entry, Gwenyvyn takes the opportunity to scan the room. It's good to know where their things are, and what dangers and opportunities are available. Plenty of threats, to be sure. But maybe also some things to their advantage.

That demon, for example. A familiar looking demon. Unless she misses her guess, they've met before.

Trying to spot our things.
Notice: 4dF+4 4

And creating an advantage with Lore, specific trying to reveal one about the demon.
Lore (Create an Advantage): 4dF+5 4

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

FP: 4 | Phys: [][][][] | Ment: [][][]

Clip-clop, clip-clop went the sandals on Ramah's feet as he ran up the refuse encrusted bridge. Upon reaching the entrance to the altar room he skid off to the side, being smacked in the face with the heat and the stench and the noise. His eyes widened, his face turned like a furious hawk as he witnessed the pouch that contained the writings of his love. And the potentially cosmically important feather, but that wasn't what had him so royally pissed off. Such was his fury that he grabbed the chef goblin, yanking him from the grasp of the one currently yanking his ear, and started shaking him. The poor wretch was shaken up and down and side to side relentlessly as Ramah spat and shouted in an apoplectic rage."YOU SEE THIS TREACHERY! THIS COWARDICE! If you are so bent on that which is mine, then allow me to force upon you a gift that you can DELIVER TO THEM YOURSELF!!!" As if to punctuate his statement, the knuckles on his other hand begin to crackle and tremble and rumble. The gigantic spear in his hand finds itself flung into the air as the goblin finds an open palm slammed into his chest. The sheer force of the blow was doubled by the sudden boom of kinetic energy now surging through the goblin's body, humming and shaking like an earthquake as a slap emanates throughout the room. Then, just as unceremoniously as he had been shaken, the goblin is grabbed by the head and chucked full force into the heart of the ritual, right at the back of the demon's head. Upon impact, the energy bursts forth the room with a thunderous clap, assaulting all unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity with a vertiginous daze and the feeling of being fried by a thousand tiny fires.

To which, Ramah simply catches the gigantic spear from the air and roars once more. "CHALLENGE ME!!!"

Rolling Thundercast to Create an Advanatage by chucking this goblin charged full of spirit carbonation and have his spirit energy explode like a soda can.
<AlanWhats> aright time to make a goblin into a spirit flashbang
<AlanWhats> !r fudge+4
<@Krysmbot> AlanWhats, +--++4 = 4

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Cadaveria hauls her captive in, ignoring his tearing ear and whimpers of pain. She takes in the scene.

Well, the others can probably handle part one. From one of the voluminous folds of her dress she produces a piece of paper and a pen and begins scribbling. This is a perfect scene for act 2 of "The Princess and the Murderer."

Compelling self on But A Humble Songstress to be selfish as hell.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP 6/5 Phys OOO Ment OOOO

It...it worked? Thale shrinks a bit further towards the wall just in case the hunting dogs decide to come back. But instead of barking dogs, he sees the restaurant party coming down the tunnel! With a sudden burst of confidence, he follows behind them further into the darkness...which rapidly becomes much less dark.

It's...terrible. In every sense of the word. Awe-inspiring and terrifying all in one. He's seen--or at least heard of--elaborate exorcisms or anti-exorcisms at home to know what this place is supposed to be. Ritual. Sacrifice. The presence of powers far beyond--

Everybody else takes the moment to jump in and say things and draw swords and bang on the floor. Fair...fair enough, maybe he can do that too? He darts forwards, flinching a bit from the heat and the light, moving as quickly as he can towards the altar and all the things--including his--strewn about it. He doesn't particularly care what in the Blind Eternities they want to do with his flower. Countering the effect will be good enough.

Would this be Magical Lore to figure out how to mess with what the goblins are doing?
[22:31:01] <Davin_Valkri> !r 4dF +3
[22:31:02] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, -/++ +3 = 4

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Gwenyvyn spots the stolen goods - not yet burned, just recently added to the pile. That's good - they can still be recovered! The demon is more troubling, though. The bad news is, his name is Kylgrath of a Hundred Deaths, and he's been killed three times before and it's never stuck. The good news? Each death has left a scar on him, a weak spot that can be exploited.

And he has the Aspect Echoes of Death with one free invoke.

Mercy, meanwhile, shatters her container against the jester's head. He turns, face red with rage (and green with assorted fluids). "You - you - KILL HEEEEER!" He is so angry he's not capable of saying much else. The goblins charge at Mercy, while the jester himself ducks away, fleeing the scene. He's got to get a new outfit!

The goblins are all totally focused on Mercy now!

Goblin Clown Horde:
Physical: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Mental: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Consequences: Minor (-2), Severe (-4)

Cadaveria, meanwhile, has drawn Kylgrath's interest. Her decision to write when faced with danger is intriguing. The demon flaps its wings, and suddenly it is next to her, looking over her shoulder. "A musician, eh?" His voice rumbles like stone on stone. "Tell me, little one, can you sing bloody hymns and dark revels?"

Thale, meanwhile, turns his attentions to the altar. This is some kind of sacrifice - a sacrifice drawing deeply of red mana. It will be an orgy of joyous destruction, and the chaotic mess that is this temple is key to it. To counter this ritual, Thale will need to order it. Set it all into a logical, firm sequence. Each sacrifice has meaning, but for the ritual to work, that meaning must be removed, destroyed, sacrificed in an orgy of chaotic abandon.

Ramah, for his part, sends one goblin hurtling into the rest, channeling the power of thunder. The goblin staggers around dazed as many small fires start, primarily on goblin clothes or in goblin hair. They don't enjoy this very much.

Ramah creates a boost: Dazed And Mildly On Fire.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 22, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

6/5

"They always told me my singing voice was too reedy in the high ranges for those," says Cadaveria, unfazed. "Hard to hit the screams. Really spoiled the mood. However, I can play an excellent devil's jig, and I know the whole tune to which it is appropriate to sacrifice 3 hares, a baby, and a virgin at a crossroads." She looks at her scribbled notes critically, blows on them to dry the ink, and carefully packs them away. "I just came up with a new revel, as it happens. Care to listen, ladies, gentlemen, goblins, and demons?" With no hurry and even little fuss, she begins to unpack and tune her violin. "We have much to celebrate."

Tuning finishes. She sets bow to string. "I think this one will be called... Burning Abattoir of Rakdos. One, two threefour-"

It's a sound like a scream. "This is a dance for two, big guy- come, let's enjoy the fun!"

Provoke (Terror March): 4dF+5 3on the Goblins. As long as they don't overcome that, they can't attack Cadaveria. Kylgrath can, but that's the fun of the dance~

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

FP: 3/5 | Phys OOOO | Men OOO
sheet

Mercy smiles, levels her blade and countercharges the tiny horde as soon as they start sparking and smouldering as Ramah's gift manifests itself. She liked the big lug, he thought on his feet, and honestly, most situations like this could usually be solved by sufficient application of fire. Indeed, these little assholes probably expected her to simply charge in like an idiot. Mercy, however, stops short, braces herself, and deeply inhales the blaze, streams of red aether pouring into her nose. Sidestepping a tiny shiv blade, she thoughtfully chews the residual mana before belching a wave of atomized heat, unmetabolized alcohol, and a few bit of sauteed steak bits right back over the goblins before striking the nearest one with the hilt of her blade.

Attacking and HAHAHAHA NO. 1 FP to reroll for +3 total
Using Alan's boost to up that to +6 (+3 instead of +2 when invoking magical related stuff created by others.)
+2 damage if any of this connects

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 22, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Gwenyvn stood still as Ramah and Mercy charged into the fray, and took the time to consider. Inaction could be weapon as deadly as action, if the moment was right. Such as with Cadaveria drawing the demon's attention. Kylgrath did not fear death, and so often found combat dull. He may well choose to ignore the opportunity for bloodshed if a more interesting opportunity is available.

The chaotic combat spilled over towards her, two of the goblins - so like the boggarts she remembered of old - ran screaming towards her. With an easy motion so long practiced it did not require thought, she draw her blade and struck in a single swift motion.

There was also the altar to consider, of course. But it seemed Thale was dealing with the ritual itself. So they would need to buy him time, which left the goblins as the primary threat. With that decided, Gwenyvyn turned her attention back to that fight, to see what her attack had wrought.

Attacking the goblins, Weapon 2 on a hit, ignores whatever the equivalent of Bulletproof is for us.
Attack with Combat: 4dF+5 4

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Why must all the crazy people on the Planes be obsessed with Red magic? Black and Blue were just as potent, and much less likely to leave you singed. Necrotic, drowned, something not quite alive, sure, but not burned to a crisp. It's enough to make a zombie plant man sigh. Thale shakes his head and continues to examine the objects on the altar.

The ritual requires the destruction of pre-existing order. He can see a big bundle of seemingly random objects on the altar--the less damp and less dusty ones, including his flower, a bird, a necklace, a pair of boots, a feather, and a book, probably being what the goblins just took--but how in the Planes are they supposed to be ordered?! Well...maybe feather to jeweled bird is one option...but it could just as easily be jeweled bird to necklace...or maybe that's linked with the boots. Eventually he starts pairing off items that seem the strongest connected, moving them from their positions on the altar off to the side, like some twisted children's game. If some of the pieces are ordered, maybe the order of the whole will become clearer...?

This is probably some type of Overcome action. I'm going to use Magical Lore again.
[20:50:57] <Davin_Valkri> !r 4dF +3
[20:50:58] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, +++/ +3 = 6

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Folks that haven't gotten in this round have until tomorrow night.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

The big demon was currently about to do a jig to the wailing violinist's tune, and the cloven-hoofed warrior has just entered the fray with the single swipe of an exotic sabre, a slice that would put win the approval of many of the monks of the Sage Eye Stronghold. As Gwenyvyn turned to face the group she had diced, the wind sucks backwards, buckling under the gravity well of Ramah's will. His hair fanned as feathers, and the spear in his hands formed a ladder of heaven's flame. The static cracked, his sandals bent for a brief second, and thus he took off.

What the goblins see is far less elegant; a spiraling mass seemingly defined by hair and spiky bits of metal and electric variety doing a horizontal pirouette straight in their direction. Ramah bulldozed into the crowd as though a giant had tossed a drill, and he spun like a top for a brief instant, his legs and head providing brief and temporary fulcrums as his frenzied stabs strike out, every strike aimed true and brutally quickly.

HEY MAN HOW ABOUT A SPIRAL, YOU LIKE SPIRALS I LIKE SPIRALS LETS SPIRAL (Combat on goblins a whole lot, using Sky Cracking Spear Style to get Weapon:2 on this attack.)
<AlanWhats> I KNOW IMMA DO MU BUT FIRST THIS
<AlanWhats> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> AlanWhats, +-/++4 = 5

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

FP:5 Phys: OOO Mental: OOOO

Dusan takes a moment to consider the screaming fray. Sure, Rakdos are nasty and brutish, but a careful blast of magic could take one out...too bad there are more than one, and Dusan was never much of an evoker. Ah-ha! I've got it. I may not be able to kill all of them, but I can make it easier for everyone else. Grinning, Dusan raises his hand and begins chanting a Simic alteration formula...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11:14:25 PM <•FewtureStein> !r fudge+5
11:14:26 PM <Krysmbot> FewtureStein, +/-/+5 = 5
Rolling to Create an Advantage for everyone else by weakening the horde, and making them unable to do anything. Possible Aspect: The Mitochondria are the Powerhouse of the Cell.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Mercy consumes the fiery magic, then belches forth a heated blast at the goblins, vaporizing two of them directly. The rest are covered in sweltering burns by the superheated air, causing several to cry out in terrible pain.

[08:49.30] <skybot> MorsRattus: 2 (4dF+3=0, +, -, -) vs 6, Weapon 2

The two goblins going for Gwenyvyn also have a bad time - while one dives quickly away from the sword, the second is run through at the shoulder, hissing and drawing back to a safer distance.

[08:52.07] <skybot> MorsRattus: 4 (4dF+3=+, +, 0, -) vs 4, Weapon 2

Still, this puts the diving one right into Ramah's path. He carves the creature to bits, taking advantage!

08:58.41] <skybot> MorsRattus: 5 (4dF+3=+, 0, 0, +) vs 5, Weapon 2

Unfortunately, though, the outflow of red mana interfers with Dusan's work. The goblins are weakened, to be sure - their muscles atrophy under the power of his magic...but he can't stop them completely. Worse, he can't keep it going for very long, either!

[08:59.31] <skybot> MorsRattus: 5 (4dF+3=+, 0, 0, +) vs 5, so Dusan's advantage is just a boost.

Goblin Clown Horde:
Physical: [ ] [X] [X] [X] [ ]
Consequences: Severe (-4)
Aspects: Horrific Burns

In them meantime, Thale gets to work in an effort to turn the red mana away from its target. While turning pure chaos into order is no easy task, Thale has a logical and clear mind. He finds symbolic connections, and the ritual begins to turn against itself. With what he has done, the mass consumption of the goods will certainly not happen - but he has found a tantalizing hint at the ritual's purpose. In unmaking the chaos, he finds some hidden order. This ritual was meant to empower a demon, yes, but it had within it a hidden order - a small channeling of Black mana that would allow the demon to access the dreams of the inhabitants of the city nearby. With some extra effort, that link to the demon might be able to be hijacked, to discover what, exactly, it wanted to do this for. But that could be risky, too...

The counterattack comes quickly. While they are not exactly the most defensive fighters in the world, the goblins are tenacious and savage. The swarm focuses mostly on Mercy, trying to climb over her and tear into her with long, jagged knives. The weight of their numbers makes up for the fact that each, individually, is quite weak. Gwenyvyn and Ramah are not ignored either, as goblins break off from the main group to try and pen them in. A pair work to try and stab Gwenyvyn from behind, while another hurls rocks at Ramah to keep him away.

[09:02.53] <skybot> MorsRattus: 5 (4dF+4=0, +, 0, 0) vs Mercy
[09:03.05] <skybot> MorsRattus: 2 (4dF+4=-, -, +, -) vs Gwenyvyn
[09:03.14] <skybot> MorsRattus: 1 (4dF+4=-, 0, -, -) vs Ramah

The music makes them keep their distance from their master and Cadaveria, but the demon itself just laughs. "You would dance with me? Very well..." Kylgrath claps his hands, his scars shimmering faintly. Then he raises one armored claw, calling on the mana around him and channeling it. A gauntlet of dark shadows coats his arm, making his already wicked claws even longer and sharper. Then he lunges at Cadaveria. "Then allow me to lead us! Really, love, if you'd dance for Lord Rakdos, perhaps we could reach an arrangement...but if you insist, I'll make that arrangement with your zombie!"

<skybot> MorsRattus: 5 (4dF+5=0, -, +, 0) vs Cadaveria...but I'm spending one of my Fate Points to invoke Rakdos Revels. You made this a dance, and the Rakdos are no slouches! So that's a 7.

Kylgrath:
Physical: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Consequences: Moderate (-2), Severe (-4)
Aspects: Echoes of Death

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

This children's game is actually doing something! Thale can barely believe it himself. It's like cutting away weeds and ivy that have built up around a flower starved for sunlight and water. A deadly flower. With...very deep roots? I'm a gardener, not a poet or a scholar! I don't know what I'm saying! I barely know how these things match!

The flower that's being brought to light is...Black? He almost sighs in relief. Black isn't going to burn him to ashes if he uses it the wrong way. It might pervert his soul for all eternity (Eternities? Is that the right term?) but, hey. His soul is already perverted. Were there degrees of soul perversion? But if he could get the Black separated from the Red...he knows how to work in Black.

After quickly glancing up to confirm that, eh, well, the people fighting the goblins don't really need his help, he sets his hand down in the center of the altar, a place that he's cleared of objects, and closes his eyes. He can feel tendrils flowing down his arm, out of his fingers...and possibly back. And that other magic might or might not be his--

This looks like a contest of Wills, to keep Thale from falling under the influence of the demon's mind-reading spell. Good thing Thale has high Will. Let's do it!
[00:33:23] <Davin_Valkri> !r 4dF +5
[00:33:23] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, /+-+ +5 = 6

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

5/5
Phys: OOX
Ment: OOOO

"Sorry dearie, I don't dance to any master's tune. Also, no touching the musicians!" Her feet due a complicated jig as she ducks the swipes, mostly- one tears her dress most unpleasantly, but such is the nature of a good dance. "This is an arms-length dance, not hand-on-hip! It seems you need a lesson in manners- listen to this!"

The bow draws a screeching note that makes hair stand on end. Sing a song of banishment, a pocket full of die...

Dodge (Athletics): 4dF+3 2 Using my earned fate point on Inspired by Chaos to boost to 4 and just eat 3 phys stress.
Counterattack with a mental strike! Black Note (mental): 4dF+5 7

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

FP: XOOOO | Phys OOOO | Mntl OOO

Gwenivyn keeps moving, sword and steps describing circular paths as she turns to face one foe and another. The little creatures are quick.

But not as quick as her blade. Seeing that their master has joined the fray, Gwenyvyn suddenly launches an all out assault, pressing into the horde. She wants their attention.

"I'll deal with these! " She calls to her companions. "Kylgrath could do with more dance partners!"

Defense (Athletics); Attack (Combat): 4dF+4 2 4dF+5 6
They'll get a boost on me, looks like.

Gonna see if we can take down this little horde fast. Invoking History is Written by the Victors to make my attack an 8. It remains Weapon 2.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 3, 2015

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Ramah could care not a wit less about such simple things as rock throwing, such is his ability to dodge and deflect them.

Defending with Athletics
<AlanWhats> !r fudge+5
<Krysmbot> AlanWhats, +-+++5 = 7

At the call to arms, Ramah smiles. "You got it, sister!" And off Ramah goes, springing from fence post to fence post, running right up behind the demon. "Don't be rude, you dastardly creature! I've had quite a few dances in my time, and though I tend to be light on my toes, you just have TWO LEFT FEET!" With that, Ramah slides in between the demon's legs, aiming to catch the back of his heels with the giant spear, yanking Ramah upward as it sends the demon downward.

Creating an Advantage with Athletics
<AlanWhats> !r fudge+5
<Krysmbot> AlanWhats, /+/-+5 = 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

FP: 2/5 | Phys OOOO | Men OOO
sheet

Mercy smiles as she herds the little rats here and there, dodging to and fro until a hooved wall smashes into them. She takes the time to look at the primary threat, almost obliterating the moppet. Big guy was already doing his thing so why not make sure they job. Mercy, buries the tip of the blade in the earth, kneels and focuses until the ground around it ripples and spreads outwards. "IN HERE, KNOCK that rear end in a top hat IN HERE!"

Dodge= +6
Sorcery roll, inc +2 from stunt, +6+Tagging Dread Sorceress to make that +8 to place Binding Ward. Not sure how many free tags that generates.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 6, 2015

• Locked thread