Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

lmao!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

triple sulk posted:

200mb cap which is super laffo

Apple is trying to force dev to buy into their gen 1 API of downloading resources on demand.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

yellow borders posted:

Just buy more iCloud storage space. Not that big of a deal.

Steve

Sent from my Grave

that won't really help you

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Triglav posted:

so when i turn the atv on and off, it'll send commands through hdmi that a good tv will understand, turning itself on and off too????

and for volume too????

please tell me this is how it works. i wil buy one for that feature alone because im lazy as gently caress

if it works like my blu-ray player when I press a button on the blu ray remote my tv and receiver turn on and go to the correct input and I can control volume with any remote and it's great if I want to play a game I just press the home button on my ps4 and it switches to that

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
apples done it again

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Triglav posted:

so when i turn the atv on and off, it'll send commands through hdmi that a good tv will understand, turning itself on and off too????

one does not turn an apple TV off

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sniep posted:

So true, and how!"

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNWpZ-Y_KvU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

its tyool 20 and 15 and photos.app still cannot animate gifs

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

qirex posted:

actually it does have it

I meant the iPhone 6s doesn't have it... does it?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

why do people get mad that apple is copying someone and usually making it better

like why do you have an allegiance to microsoft or google for coming up with a thing first? theyre all insanely wealthy tech companies

just use whatever product is best

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Puppy Galaxy posted:

why do people get mad that apple is copying someone and usually making it better

like why do you have an allegiance to microsoft or google for coming up with a thing first? theyre all insanely wealthy tech companies

just use whatever product is best

thats why they are mad because apple does the stuff the best but they have this illusion that it also costs the most despite that it doesnt for the tier its on.

they just dont sell a poors-model entry tier at all like the others do (you cant buy a mac laptop for $250 at best buy), and they cant afford a grand for a laptop, so this makes them hate apple

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Puppy Galaxy posted:

people get mad that apple sees an idea working badly elsewhere and makes it good, even if it means slightly going back on something they said earlier

these people own phones and devices that are essentially clones of apple products bar that one feature.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

*samsung user sees piece of plastic that breaks his phone next to apple pencil that looks like it'll be loved by the small demographic it's aimed at*

b-b-b-but Steve said...

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sniep posted:

so this makes them hate apple

sort of. whats preferable though, to hate it, or pine desperately?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
its weird because i'm about 2 months out from 2 years with my iPhone 5s and usually by now my anriod phones are falling apart and the battery's dying and the software is a piece of poo poo (lmao) requiring me to restart it like twice a day to get it to answer calls

the 5s is just fine and it works like the day I bought it (just prettier thanks to ios8) so i'm really lacking any desire to go after the 6s at this point,

is this what life is like when you don't buy horrid trash?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Ripoff posted:

its weird because i'm about 2 months out from 2 years with my iPhone 5s and usually by now my anriod phones are falling apart and the battery's dying and the software is a piece of poo poo (lmao) requiring me to restart it like twice a day to get it to answer calls

the 5s is just fine and it works like the day I bought it (just prettier thanks to ios8) so i'm really lacking any desire to go after the 6s at this point,

same here op, except I never owned an android device

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Ripoff posted:

ya same. from a technical standpoint being able to upgrade devices so seamlessly is absolutely phenomenal but on the other hand i kind of miss that period of getting used to the new device.

i'm gonna upgrade though because my employer pays my phone bill so gently caress it why not

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Ripoff posted:

yeah same except my phone is a crusty old sock

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if i had the 4s id be set for life but there is a chasm of power between the 4 and 4s :'(

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its unebelivalble thatt apple saw ppl buying 3rd partyt keyboards andn stylusues for ipads and thoughght "we could make money from thehese people"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im gllad therees a 16gb phone sitll because thansk to apple musiic and icliud photo i don't need to pay for more spaceon my phone.i have tons left. thansk timb

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
3d touch looks really cool and is thankfully not what i was originally thinking of when i heard about it (that weird samsung "swipe 2 inches away from your screen" thing)

also i have a 5c and it Just Works but more and more i will feel good about myself when i eventually upgrade

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

echinopsis posted:

if i had the 4s id be set for life
the 4S is borderline unusable on ios 8.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ripoff posted:

welcome.

what was it like when you go from one android to another? I can't imagine it being smooth but maybe they've sorted it out? I'm guessing going from one venders model to another isn't as bad as say Samsung so HTC or whatever?

even before iCloud, having a mobile me account was worthwhile from the day I walked into an Apple Store with my dead phone, got a replacement and it had enough charge to last the evening and jumping on wifi meant I got all my contacts and other necessities as well as some podcasts to listen to. it's even better now.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Linguica posted:

the 4S is borderline unusable on ios 8.

must be what the 4 is like on 7

actually 7 is fine its poorly coded apps. snapchat is a fuckin trocious! tweetbot on the other hand is a paragon

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

EL BROMANCE posted:

welcome.

what was it like when you go from one android to another? I can't imagine it being smooth but maybe they've sorted it out? I'm guessing going from one venders model to another isn't as bad as say Samsung so HTC or whatever?

i did that back in like 2012 but basically your google account has most of your relevant info so you just enter that and it's mostly done

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
u just log into teh phoen and it Just Works

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Ripoff posted:

it's pretty nice when you have stuff that you use every day that works fairly well and holds its value. i sold my '06 white macbook in 2012 for $300. i intend to keep my 2012 macbook pro until at least 2018. both low end models with cheap upgrades I took care of after a few years of use. sold my iphone 3GS and 4 for close to the next model's upgrade price with contract.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
well are we just about done here folks

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

has anyone said maxipad yet

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

welp imessages just started fuckin up on my 5c but otherwise this phone has been a goddamn champ since i've had it

it's a premonition

it knwos the 6s is comin

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

has anyone said maxipad yet

onlyy a bunch ofd manchulren so it's goid to know eheee y stands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts