Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Smythe posted:

i see the 32 bones a month thing. thats on top of carrier fee? so like i pay tmob 50 bones then i pay apple 32 bones/month? is that right? not a bad deal considering it comes with apple care + but idk cant u just buy 1 iphone outright and then resell it for like cost? am i missing something?

it's for people who don't want to or can't put the money up front and don't want to go through the process of meeting some cl rear end in a top hat. plus idk what kind of restrictions apple puts on how nice your returned phone has to look so maybe clumsy people in there too? either way it's dumb considering all the carriers still subsidize new phones every 2 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

graph posted:

excuse me, its Pencil.

🍎✏️

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
look again how gorgeous this ui is

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

lately ive been ive been missing steve
dreaming about the ways that he would freak

blood would have stained his hands

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it really is for the people who go "wowee, $200 for a 16gb 6s???? but $40/month I can handle" because people are bad at math

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Triglav posted:

they were really obvious in the ads they played during the stream

ah, i didnt stream, i was sitting on the twitters

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJscglIPqmw

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

as expensive as it is it's near price parity with wacom stuff

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

sorry that apple is pissing on your legacy steve

you wouldn't have liked this gargantuan tablet

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

qirex posted:

as expensive as it is it's near price parity with wacom stuff

if it is anywhere near as good as an actual drawing tablet i will be impressed

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

either way it's dumb considering all the carriers still subsidize new phones every 2 years

not really

verizon just got rid of subsidized plans unless your grandfathered in
i think the big 4 carriers all force new customers to pay installments on phones now

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

UNDERLING: sir I've brought you another batch of hand models for your approval
TIMB: *thumbs through portfolio of 8x10 glossies* hmm... no... I see a little muscle tone on this forearm... this guy has the hint of a callus... this one's knuckles suggest he's done one or two days of honest labor
UNDERLING: sir these were the wimpiest, most beta hand models we have on file. what you are asking for is impossible
TIMB: impossible? I want a hand model that is so bland and inoffensive, so devoid of any wisp of masculinity, that it disappears completely in the background! a hand model that is completely overshadowed by a lifeless lump of metal and glass. is that so hard for you?
UNDERLING: sir... these are the beta-est males the ad agencies could find. we can't find people more low-T unless they are a literal child.
TIMB: and have to deal with child labor laws!? *sighs* fine... here's what you need to do, go down and talk to the 3d rendering guys...

Linguica fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 9, 2015

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

Vintersorg posted:

sorry that apple is pissing on your legacy steve

you wouldn't have liked this gargantuan tablet

you know what else steve didn't like?

non-whackjob cancer treatment

e: also the idea of apps on the iphone

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

looks like the installment plan equals just slightly less than buying the phone outright, except you're tied to always having the latest phone even though iphones last years

save enough for a single lunch every two years if you upgrade yearly i guess

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Linguica posted:

UNDERLING: sir I've brought you another batch of hand models for your approval
TIMB: *thumbs through portfolio of 8x10 glossies* hmm... no... I see a little muscle tone on this forearm... this guy has the hint of a callus... this one's knuckles suggest he's done one or two days of honest labor
UNDERLING: sir these were the wimpiest, most beta hand models we have on file. what you are asking for is impossible
TIMB: impossible? I want a hand model that is so bland and inoffensive, so devoid of any wisp of masculinity, that it disappears completely in the background! a hand model that is completely overshadowed by a lifeless lump of metal and glass. is that so hard for you?
UNDERLING: sir... these are the beta-est males the ad agencies could find. we can't find people more low-T unless they are a literal child.
TIMB: and have to deal with child labor laws!? *sighs* fine... here's what you need to do, go down and talk to the 3d rendering guys...

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm jealous coz I will be stuck in iPhone 4 iOS 7 land forever

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Triglav posted:

look again how gorgeous this ui is

needs more shading

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
except the photos icon, that ones fine

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

theflyingexecutive posted:

it's for people who don't want to or can't put the money up front and don't want to go through the process of meeting some cl rear end in a top hat. plus idk what kind of restrictions apple puts on how nice your returned phone has to look so maybe clumsy people in there too? either way it's dumb considering all the carriers still subsidize new phones every 2 years

It is dumb if you're upgrading every two years but no one wants to wait that long, that's why they're so popular. Everyone wants the new phone every year.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

needs more shading

unfortunately strong effects are needed for people on walmart tvs to see anything

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

even if the installment phone is hosed up, the case can be reclaimed by apple and they can use the parts for applecare

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

the worst part of the presentation was knowing hilarious internet people would trot out the steve jobs stylus quote for the rest of the day

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

hmm a phone and a tablet are different.. interesting

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

rip stebe

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

one of yospos's great legacies

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rest in peace steve

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I don't usually buy into the Steve and Scott Forstall moaning, but today was an embarrassment. Timb fell hook line and sinker for a Microsoft surface holiday advert.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

cant wait for people to buy the pencil and keyboard for the wrong ipad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Last Chance posted:

hmm a phone and a tablet are different.. interesting

and yet apple have been staunch anti stylus with tablets for years

face it - they've simply waited until they could pull it off successfully to wait till the release it. typicaly fuckin apple

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

echinopsis posted:

and yet apple have been staunch anti stylus with tablets for years

face it - they've simply waited until they could pull it off successfully to wait till the release it. typicaly fuckin apple

so you're saying Apple doesn't just do things to do them, they wait until they can do it right?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The Management posted:

so you're saying Apple doesn't just do things to do them, they wait until they can do it right?

while fiercely decrying something up until the very second they release

see: ipad

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
skipped like 40 pages, what happened? big iPad and stylus??

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

cool ipad iphone and atv updates

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

did anyone paste http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/jobs-if-you-see-a-stylus-or-a-task-manager-they-blew-it/ yet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

exactly. can you believe those tease rear end mother fuckers

meanwhile, everyone else is stumbling around using premature technology :rolleyes: hurry up apple get your game together

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bobbilljim posted:

phone financing plan so you get your grubby mitts on the new phone every year. hey, i wonder if signing up for that automatically puts you on the preorder list and you get the new phone first

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

steve was wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

bobbilljim posted:

iPhone has one new feature but it's pretty cool and will take off well at least.

it's a no-way upgrade for people with a 6 though.

• Locked thread