Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Prorat posted:

It's purposely skewed to give you Bernie sanders, the creators probably work for his campaign.

I thought this at first, but it turns out it just seems that way because we're all so leftist.

Prorat posted:

P.S. Sanders will never be president but thanks for splitting up votes from Hillary so a republican gets elected.

That's not how primaries work.

Jewel Repetition has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Sep 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009

hemophilia posted:

Those aren't compelling reasons, that's typical centrist fearmongering to strong arm people who otherwise wouldn't into voting for people who don't really represent them

Two things:

1. It's not "centrist fearmongering" to worry that a Republican president will try to repeal the ACA and elect a conservative Supreme Court Justice, since Ruth Bader Ginsberg will most likely be retiring during the next presidency. These are things that will affect the country for years to come.

2. Just vote for whoever you want, man (or don't vote). Just do what your conscience tells you to do. Just keep in mind that 5-10 goons voting for Bernie is not going to affect the election totals at all.

Leonard Ghostal posted:

If you get above 50% with Santorum you should probably kill yourself

This but Cruz.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lambeth posted:

This but Cruz any republican other than maybe Kasich.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Honestly after getting this tramp stamp done, I'm feeling pretty committed to Bernie too.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it was super cool + good to watch kasich implode in the debate due to positions like "I still love my loved ones even if they're filthy human being queers"

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

City of Tampa posted:

if this happens the Democratic Party will react in exactly the opposite way that you think they would. Progressives would get blamed and they would kick us twice as hard and run farther to the right than they ever have.

if Hillary is the nominee I still want a Republican to win though because we deserve it

this may doom the world but i agree

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009
Lol at people throwing tantrums in this threads. Even Bernie Sanders would tell you guys that you're being dumb to want to screw over millions of people just because Hillary will most likely win the primary.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
accelerationism is funny until it actually happens

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Abner Cadaver II posted:

im middle class and white so whatever actually happens isn't going to effect me one way or the other, ill just sit back and lol

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Assuming the nomination is absolutely going to Hillary Clinton, I wonder if she'd do something crazy like adding Bernie to her ticket and if Bernie would do something crazy like going for it. At least it would mean the voters aren't split.

Abner Cadaver II posted:

I don't think it's funny, but I do think it's one of the only ways we'll enact the radical change we need. The piecemeal approach isn't working. If some sociopath like Rand Paul is elected and suddenly all these "right wing poors voting against their interests" start seeing their children starve, homes lost, and wages go down to $3/hr because gently caress minimum wages (let the market set wages right!?), we'll start seeing them take those guns they love so much and those in power see that they can either work towards some form of a constitutional convention to fix some issues, or watch their peers gunned down on Wall St on a daily basis.

I dunno... it's all speculation but I see us hitting a point where a major change is inevitable. Question is if it happens in 25 years or 5. Vote for Cruz or Paul and perhaps we get it in 5.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

accelerationism is nothing but the road to fascism. if society breaks down without an organized left its not going to somehow get better once things destabilize. you will have a demagogue playing to / promising to improve the worsening economic conditions but the solutions will not be good

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
While that's true, we have, what, 100million guns in this country? Fascism might be the temporary stopgap but I feel like it would have to result in the fix since so many of the progressives would likely leave en masse, and the "slaves" (who are armed) would shoot anyone and everyone representing the oppressive class.

or something

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
OR... maybe the country breaks up.

----------------------------------------------

This thread is now about post-US government collapse and the start of the American nationstates at war with each other. The Greeks and EU bear the results of such destabilization of the American economy along with Asia, which destablizes. The entire world at war.

"I know not what weapons world war 3 will be fought with, but world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Kurt Cobain

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Shadow posted:

While that's true, we have, what, 100million guns in this country? Fascism might be the temporary stopgap but I feel like it would have to result in the fix since so many of the progressives would likely leave en masse, and the "slaves" (who are armed) would shoot anyone and everyone representing the oppressive class.

or something

"stopgap" fascism tends to stick around. please learn something from the ussr and prc and don't imagine sheer popular discontent is the only ingredient needed for a successful permanent revolution

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Shadow posted:

Assuming the nomination is absolutely going to Hillary Clinton, I wonder if she'd do something crazy like adding Bernie to her ticket and if Bernie would do something crazy like going for it. At least it would mean the voters aren't split.

I don't think it's funny, but I do think it's one of the only ways we'll enact the radical change we need. The piecemeal approach isn't working. If some sociopath like Rand Paul is elected and suddenly all these "right wing poors voting against their interests" start seeing their children starve, homes lost, and wages go down to $3/hr because gently caress minimum wages (let the market set wages right!?), we'll start seeing them take those guns they love so much and those in power see that they can either work towards some form of a constitutional convention to fix some issues, or watch their peers gunned down on Wall St on a daily basis.

I dunno... it's all speculation but I see us hitting a point where a major change is inevitable. Question is if it happens in 25 years or 5. Vote for Cruz or Paul and perhaps we get it in 5.

lol, like gun-owning Republican voters wouldn't just start shooting minorities instead of rich folk

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Abner Cadaver II posted:

"stopgap" fascism tends to stick around. please learn something from the ussr and prc and don't imagine sheer popular discontent is the only ingredient needed for a successful permanent revolution

I think I've changed my stance to say that the fascism and fall of American economy would "trickle down" (lol) and cause a cascading effect on the entire world. Complete and utter war. 7.2 billion people turns into 3-4 billion when all is said and done, and from it emerges a new era. :)

Thump! posted:

lol, like gun-owning Republican voters wouldn't just start shooting minorities instead of rich folk

haha, yeah... fair

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Shadow posted:

I think I've changed my stance to say that the fascism and fall of American economy would "trickle down" (lol) and cause a cascading effect on the entire world. Complete and utter war. 7.2 billion people turns into 3-4 billion when all is said and done, and from it emerges a new era. :)

this is stupid speculation and theres no historical precedent to imagine this to be true

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

no but it'd be cool as heck

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Shadow posted:

In a related vein, I think a lot of billionaires do actually believe in global warming, but think they'd be better off in the long run if 80% of the world's population died off.

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

NotWearingPants posted:

In a related vein, I think a lot of billionaires do actually believe in global warming, but think they'd be better off in the long run if 80% of the world's population died off.

I think it's more along the lines of "Who cares if the ocean rises 500 feet by 2075 if the EPA stands in the way of my caviar jacuzzi today?"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ayatollah Hermione posted:

I think it's more along the lines of "Who cares if the ocean rises 500 feet by 2075 if the EPA stands in the way of my caviar jacuzzi today?"

Because they'll be dead by then.

Aren't we looking at a pretty high deathcount on all the old millionaire fucks within 10-15 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

rotinaj posted:

Because they'll be dead by then.

Aren't we looking at a pretty high deathcount on all the old millionaire fucks within 10-15 years?

then that money is promptly inherited by the illustrious subjects of richkidsofinstagram

• Locked thread