Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I think you have to log in and out of the game if you're in game just hanging around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
For some reason it go canceled so I just used steam wallet.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Lunimeow posted:

Well I don't know if anyone else has ever tried to get zen through the arc launcher (for the bonus) but do you have any idea how long it takes? It's been pending for over 2 hours.

Just don't spend money irl on this. Just don't.

PS: If you use steam wallet, it doesn't count toward the first time zen buyer bundle that you'd get in the zen market. You have to buy it through arc.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 24, 2015

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Lunimeow posted:

For some reason it go canceled so I just used steam wallet.

Also in general the Steam purchasing system can be sketchy, a lot of people run into problems when buying through Steam due to account probation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/2uw985/psa_dont_buy_zen_from_steam_go_direct_through_pwe/

Otherwise though, no idea why you'd be having problems with Arc. Haven't put actual money into this game in ages so my knowledge is limited.

In other news, I went through and purged quite a few accounts from the guild in order to free up space for all of our new folks, so if you were inactive for more than a 100 days and for some reason are deciding to come back to the game now of all times, sorry but you're now a guildless scrub. You're more than welcome back though!

Beluga Snail fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 24, 2015

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

"It's wrong to be a Brony !!"
u can delete all of mine - @zeroxic

they ll never lift the 100 year ban

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Cix, we should be steam buddies.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
XP booster underwear question

For 1500 Zen:
Inscribed Garments
These class appropriate garments are enchanted to grant a total of an extra 20% Experience gained when worn together and thier stats scale appropriately with your level.

Reclaimable for each character, not tradable.

Does "Reclaimable for each character" translate into all characters on account have access, or just one character per purchase? The epic mount I got via the zen store went to all characters on my account and had same verbiage, but I want to be certain.

Nevermind: confirmed!

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 25, 2015

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
I figured out the issues I was having with arc, my account was on probation because of using steam wallet so it canceled it. kinda wish I had known about this before doing it. Oh well I got what i was looking for and I wont be spending anymore money anytime soon so I guess it doesn't really matter (besides the fact that all my items are now account bound and I can't use the ad/zen exchange)

Nita
Apr 27, 2008

Fog Tripper posted:

XP booster underwear question

For 1500 Zen:
Inscribed Garments
These class appropriate garments are enchanted to grant a total of an extra 20% Experience gained when worn together and thier stats scale appropriately with your level.

Reclaimable for each character, not tradable.

Does "Reclaimable for each character" translate into all characters on account have access, or just one character per purchase? The epic mount I got via the zen store went to all characters on my account and had same verbiage, but I want to be certain.

It's available to all characters on your account once you buy it.

Nita fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 25, 2015

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Lunimeow posted:

I figured out the issues I was having with arc, my account was on probation because of using steam wallet so it canceled it. kinda wish I had known about this before doing it. Oh well I got what i was looking for and I wont be spending anymore money anytime soon so I guess it doesn't really matter (besides the fact that all my items are now account bound and I can't use the ad/zen exchange)

If you wait a day or so the probation period wears off and you can get unbound stuff. Yeah though its stupid and its only there to put people off letting steam cut a cut of the money.

I again sincerely recommend none of you buy lockbox keys with real money. Your odds of getting the good stuff is really, really low and the only reason you see the pop ups for winners regularly is a lot of people are making very poor decisions. If you feel like you want to throw them 10-50 bucks because you've been playing their game buy stuff that costs that much. Gambling will only buy you disappointment and trying to buy power will still likely set you back thousands.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 25, 2015

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Yeah, crates have always been a dumb idea to me. I was trying to get VIP, honestly I should have just gotten a blue mount.

Also SOS send help

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
So,do we ever talk about why the ban? Or is that like my aunt's divorce, that we just never talk about?

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

"It's wrong to be a Brony !!"

ElGroucho posted:

So,do we ever talk about why the ban? Or is that like my aunt's divorce, that we just never talk about?

if u meant my ban - having leadership army and shuffling around millions of AD to feed fellow guildies

cant happen to u therefore no worries

just play the game and u ll get "...significantly more AD into the hands of anyone playing this queued content" as mr. lead dev goatshark puts it

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Some rando invited me to a party without saying anything well I was busy fighting, after declining this happened.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
:crossarms:

I'm almost tempted to say that that's some projection right there.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Big thanks to everyone for still contributing to the SH, somehow we are actually making progress. Have everything we need for the next upgrade except Influence (as always).

Additionally, for those of you leveling to 70, once you hit 60 PM me and I'll send a Soulforged Armor Enchantment your way which should help make your life easier, AND the moment you hit 70 grab 15 of the Thayan Relics from the Gbank, take them to the Dread Ring (which you'll have access to now after doing the Ashen Battlefield) and turn them in for enough immediate campaign currency to get your first 3 boons. We've got stacks and stacks of them, so make use!

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

Goofballs posted:

I again sincerely recommend none of you buy lockbox keys with real money. Your odds of getting the good stuff is really, really low and the only reason you see the pop ups for winners regularly is a lot of people are making very poor decisions. If you feel like you want to throw them 10-50 bucks because you've been playing their game buy stuff that costs that much. Gambling will only buy you disappointment and trying to buy power will still likely set you back thousands.

I cannot echo this hard enough. I quit this game during the summer - after I lost many millions of saved bonus XP due to invocation changes - but before that I opened hundreds upon hundreds of lockboxes. From my experience I can tell you that anything you can conceivably get from a lockbox is much cheaper from the auction house than testing the RNG of opening lockboxes. Even getting extremely lucky the return on investment is nowhere near the amount of AD I spent converting into zen to buy keys. If you want to spend real money on this game buy an account-wide mount or something else with a definitive return; lockboxes are really not worth opening unless you like to gamble.

On a personal note, I cannot thank FelixReynolds enough for dismantling my account after I rage-quit and uninstalled. Thanks, man; I hope the leadership-farming army I cultivated translated into helping the guild build a stronghold.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, convenience boosters like mounts or the XP underwear or account-wide blue companions from the class booster packs, or even bags since you can unequip those and pass them around, are better purchases.

VIP status might be worth looking into, since it unlocks several nice summonable conveniences, including a bank window, a merchant (though just a profession merchant, the consumables one is still from the Aurora's artifact) and a signpost that'll open your travel map from anywhere. Plus enough dungeon keys and scrolls to offset most of those usual AD expenditures.

Just don't buy more of it than you really see yourself playing the game for, and also try to wait until you get a 15% off anything coupon from an invoke bag.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Between Great Weapon Fighter and Hunter Ranger, what should I go with? Hopping around being annoying as gently caress while I plink arrows off dudes sounds great, but in most games where you get to do that you feel pretty weak compared to the melee dps.

e: Eh gently caress it, went Paladin. Can I get an invite to the thing? Character is Kiyro Eastknight@deffmuff

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 28, 2015

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

Between Great Weapon Fighter and Hunter Ranger, what should I go with? Hopping around being annoying as gently caress while I plink arrows off dudes sounds great, but in most games where you get to do that you feel pretty weak compared to the melee dps.

e: Eh gently caress it, went Paladin. Can I get an invite to the thing? Character is Kiyro Eastknight@deffmuff

If you don't get one during the day I'll invite you in later this evening.

OP is a great class, I actually finished eCC last night with my GWF entirely legit thanks to a premade group of 4 running 2 OPs, 1 GF, & 1 DC. Took a looong time but it's only the 3rd or 4th time I've done that dungeon without the bug, and they were all sub 2.5k iLvl too. Was pretty neat.

GWF destroys everything DPS wise if you play it well, but definitely needs some fairly high-end gearing to really shine. HR isn't as great for pure DPS, but played correctly is fairly invincible and incredibly useful for the party even with mediocre gear. If you do pick HR though you probably want to spec Trapper, as the pure ranged or pure melee specs are a little borked right now.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, I'm not huge on the ranged DPS dude not doing ranged DPS all the time. Sticking with paladin now since I went knee deep in skeletons in the starting dungeon then blasted them with my god powers.

If I go Oath of Devotion will I not be tanky anymore? I like being a tank that can support the party, but I hate being a more dedicated healer.

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 28, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Robo Reagan posted:

Ah, I'm not huge on the ranged DPS dude not doing ranged DPS all the time. Sticking with paladin now since I went knee deep in skeletons in the starting dungeon then blasted them with my god powers.

If I go Oath of Devotion will I not be tanky anymore? I like being a tank that can support the party, but I hate being a more dedicated healer.

You will still be as tanky as you were without any Oath at all. The Oaths apply additional riders to your encounter powers in addition to working like more conventional paragon paths, but I haven't got a paladin so I don't want to say anything definite one way or the other about what Oath of Protection-specific tools are necessary for maximum tank.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Well I just recovered the last elemental seed, I'm about 3/4 through level 67. Am I right in assuming that the last 2 1/4 levels will be from vigilance tasks/dailies?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Lunimeow posted:

Well I just recovered the last elemental seed, I'm about 3/4 through level 67. Am I right in assuming that the last 2 1/4 levels will be from vigilance tasks/dailies?

Unfortunately, yes.

With the cut-down requirements there is kind of a big void there.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
I thought as much, It's to bad I can't use this awesome weapon I got for finishing the quest until I hit 70. I'm barely scraping by without dying.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Lunimeow posted:

I thought as much, It's to bad I can't use this awesome weapon I got for finishing the quest until I hit 70. I'm barely scraping by without dying.

I'd also recommend any SH quests you can do if you aren't already doing them - quite a few of them are really easy (run around the marked path in a set amount time type stuff) and if there is anyone else on you can group up to knock out content together.

An additional option is also doing the Tyranny of Dragons dailies, some of which can be knocked off fairly quickly just by traveling to the easier zones and being around when the dragon gets knocked off. Either way, make sure you've got Azures in the utility slots to help make it less painful.

New dev blogs are starting to come out on Mod 8 - http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9572853-developer-blog%3A-underdark-features.
The "replayable" vs "repeatable" idea seems interesting, but then again, it's Cryptic so it probably won't be anywhere near as interesting as it sounds. Huzzah for equipment preview though.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Yeah, I've been doing stronghold and dragon quests every day they give really nice exp and are really simple to do as well. The only one that is a little annoying for me is the dungeon one but it's normally really fast.

Edit: It's to bad there isn't a skirmish at 65ish, I just did the mindflayer one and it was pretty fun.

Lunimeow fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 30, 2015

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
Posting for an invite name is Ava Gina@ackbarre class is Hunter Ranger.

edited to add handle.

Rojo_Sombrero fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 30, 2015

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Posting for an invite name is Ava Gina class is Hunter Ranger.

You'll need to also post your @ handle as well, which is your account name.

So it'll look like Ava Gina@rojo_sombrero'saccountnamehere.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Did my daily dungeon delve on Booboos my cleric. It was me, a wizzy and a hunter in the wolf den. Needless to say I ended up tanking as well as healing. Also topped the damage charts. I was literally shaking afterward.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

People are actually buying the new lockboxes off the AH. Crazy.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Screwing around with this game again, can I get a guild reinvite its Mori@Grugmak

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Cartouche posted:

People are actually buying the new lockboxes off the AH. Crazy.

Always happens with the new boxes - I would guess it's because people with tons of keys/gambling problems want to open as many as possible as quickly as possible, because if you're the first one to put on one of the new items up on the AH you can basically dictate pricing/sell things stupidly high before the market stabilizes. But they don't want to go out and murder things for as long as it would take so they rely on the AH to fill their need.

Perpetual Notion posted:

Screwing around with this game again, can I get a guild reinvite its Mori@Grugmak

Of course, will handle if nobody else has this evening!

If anyone else is in need of an invite that I forgot feel free to post here or PM me in game. In the meantime, big sale on all the various packs - if you ever felt like spending money on the game, there are a couple of good buys this weekend, including the inscribed underwear.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I was thinking of getting some Zen on Xbox, what should I spend it on?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 3, 2015

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
A different game.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Woooo I did it, just hit 70!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Lunimeow posted:

Woooo I did it, just hit 70!

Congratulations! New and wondrous vistas of grinding have opened to you.

Baron Porkface posted:

I was thinking of getting some Zen on Xbox, what should I spend it on?

Have you got a blue (+80% speed) mount? If not, buy a purple mount. Mounts unlock for all characters with one purchase, and the convenience of getting everywhere that much faster cannot be understated.

Have you got the inscribed garments? If not, buy that. +20% XP on all your characters as long as you're willing to wear them, which can be to and through 70 since they scale and you can really only craft replacements anyway.

Have you got an augment companion (no presence, just a stat stick)? If not, buy one on your main.

Do you find yourself making frequent runs to sell vendor trash and get irritated? If so, buy a bag. Do you wish you had more space to hold onto things you rarely use? Buy some bank slots or expand your shared account bank (though it's half the slots for a higher price).

Have you got a blue companion you're satisfied with? If not, pick one of those up.

The class booster packs offer blue companions for all characters and a single bag. The big-money packs (Knight of the Feywild, Guardian of Neverwinter) are a purple mount and a companion, with the Dragonborn pack being an artifact and a bag for everyone instead. The relative worth of these things does depend on how varied your stable of alts is.

Do you see yourself playing for a while? If so, buy at least 4 months of VIP. This unlocks a summonable signpost that will take you to the world map from anywhere on any map, which is a pretty big timesaver, in addition to the daily drops of dungeon keys and ID scrolls to cut down on casual AD expenditures.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

I would say get an epic mount and stop at that.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Someone needs to lock down the g bank. Character with handle @erivarious#6918 is draining guild banks. Cannot boot him from guild because all we have online are peon rank.

This is Booboos by the way (@fogtripper)

Need to change guild permissions so peons cannot do invites. This guy could very well have invited more folks

As it stands, a peon can invite and reinvite. Each time they reinvite it resets the guild bank privilege. We lost much loot.

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
Please, oh dear leader, gift @argossianhaggis a rank that I can lord over the others.

• Locked thread