Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Chill la Chill posted:

Yo guys I'm heading to NYC next week to visit my friend. Where's those shops you guys said were full of anime merch? Hope they still have LL stuff though the posts are months old. I'm actually both surprised and saddened I had never known about them before.

graybook posted:

Only one I think I'd know about is Kinokuniya, I believe.

Yeah, Kinokuniya Bryant Park seems like your best bet, everywhere else will probably only have figurines, including Forbidden Planet off of Union Square.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks guys. My friend lives right in the middle of midtown so Kinokuniya is probably my best bet. I'm just really sad that there's really nothing like that where I live, even if it's a major metropolitan area. The one anime store that's here has old stock and is mostly manga which is incredibly dumb since anyone can buy those at barnes and noble.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Chill la Chill posted:

Thanks guys. My friend lives right in the middle of midtown so Kinokuniya is probably my best bet. I'm just really sad that there's really nothing like that where I live, even if it's a major metropolitan area. The one anime store that's here has old stock and is mostly manga which is incredibly dumb since anyone can buy those at barnes and noble.

I've noticed that Barnes and Noble's manga selection has been decreasing for a while now, but after the huge boom where companies brought over anything they could license regardless if it would sell a decade or so ago and the subsequent crash, that's not all that surprising. They still carry all the popular titles, so there's no real loss, I guess. I've also noticed some Barnes and Noble getting some figurines (or that could just be the one in Union Square) so they're trying to push into that market as well, a little at a time.

Still, it seems like I tend to go to my "local" anime shop for getting manga nowadays (local in quotation marks because it's actually in Flushing, like 3 blocks from my parents' new place in the the building they own, but like 2 hours by mass transit from my place on Staten Island, because they have like 10% or more off of their selection all the time and I kinda know the owner (plus it gives me an excuse to go to Flushing and eat out at the great Chinese there), or at Kinokuniya because of their selection, plus other merch that I can't get outside of a con.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ooh yes

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

GhostStalker posted:

I've noticed that Barnes and Noble's manga selection has been decreasing for a while now, but after the huge boom where companies brought over anything they could license regardless if it would sell a decade or so ago and the subsequent crash, that's not all that surprising. They still carry all the popular titles, so there's no real loss, I guess. I've also noticed some Barnes and Noble getting some figurines (or that could just be the one in Union Square) so they're trying to push into that market as well, a little at a time.

Still, it seems like I tend to go to my "local" anime shop for getting manga nowadays (local in quotation marks because it's actually in Flushing, like 3 blocks from my parents' new place in the the building they own, but like 2 hours by mass transit from my place on Staten Island, because they have like 10% or more off of their selection all the time and I kinda know the owner (plus it gives me an excuse to go to Flushing and eat out at the great Chinese there), or at Kinokuniya because of their selection, plus other merch that I can't get outside of a con.

Do they have the giant headed stuffed animals? This is important b/c of my luggage planning. :3:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

Do they have the giant headed stuffed animals? This is important b/c of my luggage planning. :3:

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find nesoberis for sale at Kinokuniya yet, or at any other anime shop in the area. others here who actually own some might be of more help with finding them for sale. Only figures everywhere, and blind box stuff, keychains, and CDs on top of that at Kinokuniya.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yo, Deadlift Lolita finished their single! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6B_oEtBhnM

GhostStalker posted:

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find nesoberis for sale at Kinokuniya yet, or at any other anime shop in the area. others here who actually own some might be of more help with finding them for sale. Only figures everywhere, and blind box stuff, keychains, and CDs on top of that at Kinokuniya.
Oh that's too bad. I'll just wait until Otakon then. The blind box and keychains are good enough. I never really liked figures aside from nendos. You can't pose them and I paint my own.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm weak; I caved and bought the big µ's pack.

They know which one to put front and center.

A good + cute Nico!

Really, I'd planned to cave since these were announced, so I'm only really weak if I buy the Aqours one too, right? Right???

Now I have 4 11-draw tickets sitting, waiting for a UR that deserves them.

Fairy Nico is suuuuuper good.

Also, the box goes live tonight. I dunno if I can wait for the 19th or if I'm just gonna break and blow everything today.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Fairy Nico is suuuuuper good.

Also, the box goes live tonight. I dunno if I can wait for the 19th or if I'm just gonna break and blow everything today.

give yourself an outlet of a draw or two tonight, to temporarily sate your raging Makilust, then do the rest when it's her birthday for both you and her, imo

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Whoa somehow I missed that. Lucky! Fairy Nico was the one I was going for when I got a Maki UR. Speaking of birthday boxes, what's the maximum number of gems you can spend on them? I have ~180 banked right now.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

Whoa somehow I missed that. Lucky! Fairy Nico was the one I was going for when I got a Maki UR. Speaking of birthday boxes, what's the maximum number of gems you can spend on them? I have ~180 banked right now.

Should be 3 50 loveca pulls and the 30-40-50 step up box pull, so 270?

Probably only gonna be able to do the 30 loveca pull myself, after I did a Aqours pull last week which got me a second Halloween Maru, a second original Maru SSR, and an original Riko SSR. Good pull.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah, she's real good. I mean, I wouldn't have been unhappy with any UR Nico, but Fairy Nico would have been my second pick, so I'm very pleased.

I have 120+ gems in both JP and EN. I'm definitely going full steps for Maki in JP, but I might just do one or two in EN and reserve gems for the next Nico UR, especially since there's still only the initial Maki SSR in EN, and I already have her idolized.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

I got 6 of the same SSR Maki from the 120 steps...

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Leos Klein posted:

I got 6 of the same SSR Maki from the 120 steps...

lol that sucks. Seems to be happening to lots of folks, since there's only one Maki SSR in EN (and heck, only two in JP). At least five of them make for an idolized UR.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
wait, from just 3 pulls??? wtf that doesn't suck, that's incredible

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

I idolized her twice and got 3 gold stickers left over not too bad

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
"A Little Unsettling" is a bit on the nose for the initial µ's SSRs (though their idolized forms are fine)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I got 3 SRs for 30 stones so I'm happy :toot:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

"A Little Unsettling" is a bit on the nose for the initial µ's SSRs (though their idolized forms are fine)

what are you talking about she's clearly not got a nose.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I prefer the anime of this generation with small/no noses instead of the ones from the 90s with the giant ones. I don't know why but the giant noses always bothered me.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

If that's yours, you're dead to me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

D I E .

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my god that was your first step up pull holy poo poo my hatred is magnified.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

you used up your luck for the year, please be extra careful crossing roads from now on

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

ARE

YOU

KIDDING

ME

?????????????????????????

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

BASEBALL, MAGICIAN, AND ANIMAL??????????? WHAT IS THIS

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

ChubbyThePhat posted:

BASEBALL, MAGICIAN, AND ANIMAL??????????? WHAT IS THIS

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

true faith in Maki is welcoming her smile in whatever minimum wage pull she comes in

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

If that's yours, you're dead to me.

Not mine, a friend's. I have more gems like I said earlier. :P

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Moldy Taxes posted:

true faith in Maki is welcoming her smile in whatever minimum wage pull she comes in

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Only got SSR on my step ups. Did the other two for the hell of it, mainly aiming for SSR anyways to use this event. Really hoping I can t1 still.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Waiting until tomorrow to do my pull, pretty sure I'm only gonna have enough to do the first step up one unfortunately. Still, all this gatcha luck is making me anticipate pushing that button...

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Moldy Taxes posted:

But I'm still pulling until I see a UR....

(I have a friend that got 13 SSR Maki's but I do not know how many pulls that was)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Chill la Chill posted:

I prefer the anime of this generation with small/no noses instead of the ones from the 90s with the giant ones. I don't know why but the giant noses always bothered me.

o o
  ゝ
 〔〕

です。
Now if we're talking say, CLAMP proportions, that's some alien poo poo right there

Assorted ill wishes to the lucky draw-havers.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

I'm so jealous of that 3 UR Maki pull that I've come to flex my EN Maki and my JP super smile team

Oh yeah please add me, I need more UR friends EN Lovelive: 865193838 JP Lovelive: 311947131

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Leos Klein posted:

Oh yeah please add me, I need more UR friends EN Lovelive: 865193838 JP Lovelive: 311947131

Requests sent!