Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
its kinda weird that chie doesn't have an ssr.

also a crime that there is no sae there at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The gift section has been bursting at the seams with those heart points for months.

I feel like I'd need to book a holiday just to clear it out. If only I could donate them to charity, or convert them to bitcoin.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

This is why I ruthlessly clear them out if they get so much as over 10,000. I already fell into the 'too many friend points to ever reasonably clear' trap in Girl Friend Beta. Also in Cinderella Girls, but that's partly because you have to register with your Japanese mobile phone number before they let you spend them.

But yeah all these games could really do with a way to make them go away without having to summon 10 trash idols, then go to the sell screen, select them all, sell, and repeat.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

folks i present the extremely scientific cumulative election popularity rankings

I find this top 10 cute representation almost acceptable.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Polsy posted:

This is why I ruthlessly clear them out if they get so much as over 10,000. I already fell into the 'too many friend points to ever reasonably clear' trap in Girl Friend Beta. Also in Cinderella Girls, but that's partly because you have to register with your Japanese mobile phone number before they let you spend them.

But yeah all these games could really do with a way to make them go away without having to summon 10 trash idols, then go to the sell screen, select them all, sell, and repeat.

There's a lot of weird UI decisions in SS, at least at the moment. Ever since I first started leveling up idols, I thought it was dumb you couldn't combine idols with tickets to level someone up.

I mean, they got around to fixing that, but there's still some weird stuff left.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I need to see if we're friends again because I need that handle on my friend's list. I think mine right now is Nico_something. Maybe NicoTine?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

I let them max out and then clear away like 40k, which puts the problem away for a month or so. …Well, that and I go out of my way to select the same guest whenever possible. Honestly, I'm glad deresute has the 100k limit, because otherwise it'd be like in SIF and gfb and I'd have hundreds of thousands to clear out and that's just hellish seeming. Well, that and in deresute I occasionally spend gems to raise my idol limit specifically so I can have 20 stray idols to eat. That makes clearing that out a bit easier, but the dream is definitely "here you can play idol manager on a computer." Gimmie all them hotkeys and a cursor and drag-select.

Sylphid posted:

There's a lot of weird UI decisions in SS, at least at the moment. Ever since I first started leveling up idols, I thought it was dumb you couldn't combine idols with tickets to level someone up.

I mean, they got around to fixing that, but there's still some weird stuff left.

Did they change that?

Because the obvious alternative is "hi all your trainers are now in the same pool as your idols hahaha, gently caress you" rather than the infinite pool of trainers.

I do wish the trainer box in mobamas accepted +1 popularity trainers too, though. Those either end up getting immediately used or languishing in my reward box for ages, because:

Polsy posted:

Also in Cinderella Girls, but that's partly because you have to register with your Japanese mobile phone number before they let you spend them.

this is hell. All those jewels I can't touch. Also the friend points, but I don't care about those, because hahaha I have an office with only 70 spaces anyway. At least I finally could afford a second dorm. 50 more spaces for idols, such luxury~

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah you can switch back and forth between your idols and trainers tabs in the same training sesh now

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Oh, that is vaguely nice, for the occasional time I run out of rs to jam in for skills.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Chill la Chill posted:

I need to see if we're friends again because I need that handle on my friend's list. I think mine right now is Nico_something. Maybe NicoTine?

Ditto. I think I Friend requested Yes_Cantaloupe when I had an open slot after leveling up a couple days ago, but I think you rejected it because you had no idea who this rando who sent you a request was. Gotta get another 9 or so levels before I get another slot, I guess.

For future reference, my username starts with the Chinese character 茹, which happens to be my last name, followed by it's Cantonese reading, "Yu", with a mu in place of the "u". Yes, I know that messes up the pronunciation. Whatever.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GhostStalker posted:

Ditto. I think I Friend requested Yes_Cantaloupe when I had an open slot after leveling up a couple days ago, but I think you rejected it because you had no idea who this rando who sent you a request was. Gotta get another 9 or so levels before I get another slot, I guess.

For future reference, my username starts with the Chinese character 茹, which happens to be my last name, followed by it's Cantonese reading, "Yu", with a mu in place of the "u". Yes, I know that messes up the pronunciation. Whatever.

I make a habit of accepting every request I get, but the last few I got from folks I thought were randos I ended up rejecting b/c it said their friends lists were full.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I make a habit of accepting every request I get, but the last few I got from folks I thought were randos I ended up rejecting b/c it said their friends lists were full.

Yeah, I think someone got in on my new friend slot ahead of you, maybe LOVE LOVE SKELETON, IIRC. Just got rid of a person who hadn't logged in for a while to open up a new slot and sent you a new request.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
we r frenz

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

I do wish the trainer box in mobamas accepted +1 popularity trainers too, though. Those either end up getting immediately used or languishing in my reward box for ages

Yeah, I just leave them in my present box, at least you can consume them directly from there instead of having to collect them first. Though I already used up most of my backlog to maximise my 5th Anniversaries and Dearly Stars.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Nico-Nico-Ni

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Yeah, I just leave them in my present box, at least you can consume them directly from there instead of having to collect them first. Though I already used up most of my backlog to maximise my 5th Anniversaries and Dearly Stars.

Hah, yeah maybe if I were better about remembering/participating in events, I'd also manage to find a use for them. Well that and I have no idea what increasing popularity (I guess that's what that means?) does, but it seems wasteful to use them on some Rs or whatever.

Ah well, at least I sorta get what the events are about. Gonna half-heartedly increase my bread level~

Also I found a far better shiny new feature in deresute:

MV unit mode. It'll fill in the blanks for you, assuming you have the idols to match the song's unit. If you don't you can select an idol or leave it blank for a random idol.
It's pretty swell! Except it reminded me I don't have any Yuis

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Hah, yeah maybe if I were better about remembering/participating in events, I'd also manage to find a use for them. Well that and I have no idea what increasing popularity (I guess that's what that means?) does, but it seems wasteful to use them on some Rs or whatever.

It's this, so yeah, don't waste them on cards you won't actually use.

Zenostein posted:

Ah well, at least I sorta get what the events are about. Gonna half-heartedly increase my bread level~

I'm only doing this event in the hopes that Honoka becomes available later on, I don't really care for Cathy.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

It's this, so yeah, don't waste them on cards you won't actually use.

I'm only doing this event in the hopes that Honoka becomes available later on, I don't really care for Cathy.

Oh, I see. I uh, haven't paid much attention to stats besides cost after sorting by atk/def. (And even then, the events autofill teams, so I don't have to even do that, really).

Also yeah, really hoping for a better idol. After all, the ranking rewards are absolutely impossible. Although chances are I'll forget about the event entirely anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point.

But I do really hope this "real excited about her sack of bread" Michiru makes it to deresute.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

ok apparently we're not friends. what's your friendship ID? my username is apparently pogi*Nico

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's in the OP

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

ok apparently we're not friends. what's your friendship ID? my username is apparently pogi*Nico

You mind posting your own so I can add you as well once I free up some space? It isn't in the OP.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'll add that once I'm home if chill is ok with it

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Started getting into SIF pretty hard, already doing expert songs after a week. My id is 589981353 (en) and Yujo No Change is my favorite song someone add me please.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

sockpuppetclock posted:

Started getting into SIF pretty hard, already doing expert songs after a week. My id is 589981353 (en) and Yujo No Change is my favorite song someone add me please.

Request sent. That's a good Nico you got.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

sockpuppetclock posted:

Friend request sent as well.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://my.mixtape.moe/oenpxs.mp4

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Suddenly new idols, plus 3 old ones

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Allarion posted:

They don't match at all

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

love live's million live?

or maybe like, one of the ds games

https://twitter.com/amimushi/status/864840408886530048

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 18, 2017

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Looks like we already know who the best girl is:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yes.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Allarion posted:

So are they scaling down the rando girls down to just those 9 and benching everyone else? I'd be okay with a SIFG only LL idol group that's voiced.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well it says and more....

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I think the point is to have another set of voiced idols so they can double the idolbux, I don't think they're replacing the existing soylent green trash normals in SIF.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Apparently all the trash normals have their own schools and such in their backstories in the art books or whatever, but we never see them in game or anything, except maybe in their style of uniform and idol costumes and such.

I recognize the 3 returning ones, especially since Emma (the one on the left) is just her second Smile card, outfit and pose and everything, and I got enough of those doing pulls with the 40k Friend points Klab gave out for the 3 year anniversary of EN SIF earlier this month and all the FP I've gotten since then. The one next to her is one of the Konoe sisters (I forget if Haruka or Kanata is the older sleepy one, probably the latter), and Shizuku Osaka is 4th from the right. Still, it's the 3 on the right that I'm most interested in, especially the one on the far right (like everyone else on the interwebs). Really wondering what they've got planned there, guess we gotta wait for some more news.

Anyway, scraped together enough loveca to do another scout last night in the hopes of getting another Maid Aqours to go with the Riko I got last week from the anniversary bonus Green Ticket. No such luck, but 2 new SRs out of it ain't bad at all!

The blue ticket I got with that scout gave me enough to do a SR+ scout, and got my first non-promo Muse UR out of it! Nico Nozomi is a pretty good one!

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 19, 2017

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Nico Nico Nozo is very cute.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

GhostStalker posted:

Apparently all the trash normals have their own schools and such in their backstories in the art books or whatever, but we never see them in game or anything, except maybe in their style of uniform and idol costumes and such.

didn't they have profiles somewhere in-game? maybe in the album? I know I've seen the various schools listed.

Although they also kinda ignore that, unless idol-club helping protagonist you can just wander into a bunch of schools all over tokyothe country helping their clubs out.

Hm, if you remember that framework story exists, it doesn't make very much sense does it?

Also chie :(

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Zenostein posted:

didn't they have profiles somewhere in-game? maybe in the album? I know I've seen the various schools listed.

Although they also kinda ignore that, unless idol-club helping protagonist you can just wander into a bunch of schools all over tokyothe country helping their clubs out.

Hm, if you remember that framework story exists, it doesn't make very much sense does it?

Yeah, they have profiles in a tab in the album. Doesn't list schools, just birthdays, school years, height, hobbies, and blood type (because of course Japan). That's why I think their schools were listed in an art book, because I've seen them mentioned on SIF wikis and schoolido.lu, along with their 3 sizes...

And yeah, I guess you're scouting and helping different school idol clubs at high schools around Tokyo (and one particular one in Numazu), and yes, it doesn't make much sense. Of course they reuse art assets for the backgrounds in the side stories for the normals, so when I first played this game, I thought they were all girls at Otonokizaka, but then I noticed their different uniforms, and then on the wiki when I was looking up songs. I guess the only story things that mention them at all tying them together besides the side stories are in the 4koma transfer school series they post every Friday (which continue to be hilarious usually), and those usually mix up a bunch of normals from different schools anyway, unless I'm mistaken and each strip only contains girls from a specific school at one time...

Whatever, it's just a whole bunch of game mechanics to fill out Normal slots anyway, so we shouldn't think too much about it, I guess.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 19, 2017

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Adding sunshine made it worse tho~

Because now my aidoru timeline is all hosed up, too.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
JPSIF has school names, iirc. Not in WW.