Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hello all. I didn't know this thread existed but nice to see that it's active cuz the LL:SIF one in games looks dead.

I got back into LL:SIF after my friend got me a bunch of swag while he was at Japan. (It's all nico nico stuff.) Some people deleted me from their friend list even though I have a kawaii kakkoi nico UR. So add me if you want, doesn't matter if you only have SR cuz I have enough UR friends. ID 284656910

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What's that waifu-ll house in starlight stage about and how come love live doesn't have one? :ohdear:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So is there a nico nico equivalent in that game?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Whoa, I'll tell my friend who lives there. Maybe he can get us some nice Nico or Rin stuff. :3:

Do you have any other info about it? Event name, site, etc.?

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 1, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Been a long time since I've watched the anime but was Rin the one that got in trouble with her grades? I thought that was Hanayo.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

In JP (and likely soon in EN), whenever you eat an R or higher idol, you get a bronze, silver, or gold seal (for an R, SR, or UR, respectively), and two when you eat an idolized one. You can spend them for promo idols, blue tickets (generally the best way to go), and 3 golds let you purchase a real UR of your favorite idol.

Finally. I use rares to level up SR/UR cuz there's no real need to level up their skill anymore.

Also I hope there's another opportunity to get a different big av cuz I want a Nico Nico one now.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Futaba Anzu posted:

where does everyone even find hte opportunity to get in on the big av craze, do I have to trawl through gbs or something?

Last time was a BYOB craze when a bunch of us got one cuz someone was friends with an admin. This av used to look more imposing before the size restrictions were widened.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Futaba Anzu posted:

What even is BYOB, all I know is that all the gbs chat threads got put in there in a separate subforum..

It's sometimes a forum full of impotent drama but other times it's chill and we talk about anime, games, or sports. However, some regulars have this desire to keep it a comedy factory instead of a bunch of chat threads with some comedy threads.

The anime crew thread is in that sub forum.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Anyway, I've been on a weeb binge lately and I want to get some neat little Nico and/or Rin key chains or something for my backpack and gym bag. If there exists a sweet idol bag for boxing gloves that'd be great too. :3: or maybe some drawstring bag??

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I wish I could remember what timing I used to play LLSIF at cuz I'm messing around and getting a bunch of greats that I thought should've been perfect. I remember it being -7 but right now when I use the in game timer it's -8 all the way to -13.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I just found out that noodles with Rin on the actual packaging actually exists and wasn't just photo shop. And my friend won't be going back to Japan for another year. :negative:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

graybook posted:

Oh man, I actually had a buddy who brought me back one of those. It was nice.

I saw a pic of them on sale. IDK why people wouldn't buy it. No diff from buying cereal or apples (yes they were real) with Star Wars logos plastered all over them.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Also posted this in Gundam thread, but on the chance any of you paint/build models:

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but is there a decent site that has a good selection of anime decals? I'm looking for idol decals you could put on a plane or tank like the idolmaster skins on ace combat. Are there even idol decals for gundams? I hope so.

I'll also be satisfied with Totoro decals. Totoros on my ships and gundams would be acceptable.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Skwee posted:

i have no clue if these exist, but i wish you the best of luck in your search for gundam idol tattoos.

Thank you. I will post pics of my future Gundam idol tattoos

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Zenostein posted:

Oh, also a jukebox is a real nice option. I know someone mentioned it in the old SIF thread too, but that game is sorely lacking a jukebox, whereas SS has both an exciting music video mode and a jukebox, in case you wanted to hear songs but also some people talking to you about notebooks and potato chips while someone fucks around with a globe.
It's me. I still want the jukebox and think it is reasonable to have a song on auto play with the juke box if you have already S leveled the score and combo ranks.

E: also I skimmed through the new posts and want to read ZEO's cool im@s/LL comparison later when I'm not phone posting. Looks neat and would be great when I argue with my friend next time who insists im@s is clearly superior etc

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 7, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I like token events since that's the only time I'll keep playing old songs for the heart gem rewards.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I get play mats and cards and deck boxes of Nico Nico for use in other card games instead of dropping money into a jpg. Idk if this makes me better or worse but at least I can show off the ultra kawaii stuff to my friends who then roll their eyes.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Wait you can buy Love Live card sleeves and deck boxes? Holy gently caress my life has been a lie.

My friend was in Japan not too long ago and got me a bunch of stuff. I didn't go for the sleeves since they were expensive for the quality (art sleeves always are) but the deck boxes and play mats are really cute.

Apparently it was big because of all the final live promotion. He describes their economy as being incredibly consumerist so you have this rotating schedule of stuff in limited windows of availability to get nerds to buy the latest dumb tie in merchandise before it's gone, only to do it again for season 2 a year or two down the line. You can readily see this in the Pokemon "campaigns" where they make a themed set of merchandise for about a month until the next one. When he went it was Pikachu cosplay as mega evolutions so he got me some of that as well.

E: I guess it's prob not different from the US but him describing things we take for granted like movie tie-ins being available for months at a time or whatever but he said it was only weeks there. And it's for all of the anime stuff so I'm imagining it's like if all the stock at the LGSs here rotated every month for the newest anime.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 9, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Deck box p much looks like the mat on top. The nice thing is that mats come with a tube holder. I'll probably end up using the Pokemon boxes more cuz they're adorable.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sonata Mused posted:

I can't believe Pikachu killed and skinned Charizard...
I like to think it was a charizard friend whose death is being avenged, like Cubone.

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Man I need these in my life. Love Live playmat for FNM's would make my life. Gonna have to hunt the internet now.
They're p expensive outside of Japan. You're looking at 40-50 on eBay since a lot of online stores have been sold out for a while.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Polsy posted:

Aaa, black (producer?) pinya is referencing the new Granblue Fantasy event, I wondered about that

:eyepop: where can I get this Totoro???

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sometimes it bugs out. I've had it happen to me too. Just restart the app.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

so I'm playing love live again and started unlocking more of the story. Nico nico has siblings (nicolings)?!

Getting all these heart gems since playing again and I have 70 from the story/event/normal idolization. When's the next UR nico nico supposed to be released?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Nico nico even says Umi Umi Uuuuuu :3:

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Man the siblings showed up in the anime.
Oh, must've missed them. Were they in season 1? Haven't seen 2.

graybook posted:

Roughly one month to Cyber Nico UR. Gonna drop so many loveca for her.
Sweet. Looks really cute.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I imagine the Nicolings rush your idol base which is why love live doesn't have one.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

OK. I'm going to sleep now but I look forward to seeing them in the morning.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:eyepop: :3: :3: :3:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What episode(s) are the Nicolings in? And do I need to watch the other episodes of season 2 first?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Most people, but not Nico Nico. :3:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What's the difference between technical and expert on the latest LLSIF event? It seems like the latter uses random beats and it's harder to find people for a full score party, so why choose it?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Also what happens after the final live? Will they make a new app for the new cast? Hopefully we can transfer our account to the new one, if that's the case. :ohdear:

E: for those of you who used to post in the anime BYOB thread, where do we post now so I can read and chat about scrub league's cat deck??

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 20, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

graybook posted:

It's random ex plus a daily song. Mainly for folks with a desire for a challenge.

Also they're giving a big sendoff to the original nine and there will be a formal full rollout of Aqours cards to SIF in summer or so.

That seems fast. I thought we were behind the Japanese app about a year? Do they want to have parallel app progression by then?

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm going to die.

If you mean Burbo's thread in the crew subforum, plenty of the people there also post in the anime chat thread. Though it's much much much much much much faster with fuckton most posts, from what I hear.

If not, I dunno.

I don't venture out of ADTRW often.
Yeah that's what I feared. Scrub made a post in BYOB about his cat deck but hasn't updated it.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

boom boom boom posted:

I'm wondering what they're gonna do with the Story stuff. They're gonna do new story stuff for Aquors, right? So what happens to the old Muse story stuff?

Yeah, same. I finally caught up to chapter 30 and it seems like this takes place during season 1 when they visit Maki's beach house. Hopefully we stay behind so we can get whatever funny stories pop up. I'm actually sad I didn't write down all the funny stories so far. I started doing so with chapter 26 cuz of the Nico trio origin and then 28 with the Nicolings. I seem to remember a funny one that occurred in the diner but that was way back in the teens chapters somewhere and I'm not gonna go through them all again.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:eyepop: nice, but where's Nico Nico?! I've been looking for love live decals for my models. You'd think it would be popular but~

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

How do you guys keep up with so many rhythm games? I can barely play SIF, neko atsume, and this digital card trading "game" (where all you do is get free packs and trade cards) concurrently.

I guess you could play them at work?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Skwee posted:

unemployment

hence going to donate plasma to get the money for illustrated pictures of girls instead of just spending some money that i have from a job

:ohdear: well I hope you get the ones you want, then!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

graybook posted:

Proof of day one spoils

Omg I need to get my friend to go tomorrow.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So I just got a UR Maki who's dressed as a Harry Potter student. "Into Legend" is the ability. :3: :peanut: Got it from the free scouting coupon for anime Boston.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I had gone through the first year and a half of LLSIF without pulling a UR. Then when they had the huge update and gave coupons instead of gems for a 10 pull, I got two blues in short order. I'm just glad it's not a blue since my green team is the weakest. Also it's Maki :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is this Maki supposed to be part of a dual scene? It has a weird icon in the album.