Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hi, my name is Moldy Taxes, and I'm an Idol Music Game addict.

Been on SIF EN for about a year now, and I'm rank 174. I enjoy the franchise enough that I'm still heavily considering buying a ticket to the movie screening next weekend.

Picked up SS when it dropped, but I know absolutely nothing about IM@S except that shorthand and that a buddy of mine's really into one of the girls. Music's good, but aside from saving up premium currency for a ten draw and leveling up I have no idea what's going on with the game. I'd definitely pick up an English version if there was one, though.

Games are good, fellas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I buckled down and picked up tickets for a showing that's thankfully in town.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think I heard something about goodies? So that might influence my decision, too, I can be a sucker for anime merch.
The website says you get a shikishi, which is... something, I guess!

FC for EN SIF is 9112744027. I just pulled two of new SR Makis from the last update, so I'll be rocking that as my center for Score Matches and Medley Festivals down the road, while I swap in an appropriate UR for token events. I've got a few slots open right now, but shoot me a message beforehand so I know where you're from.

My PID for SS is 498569951. Not too much else to say here other than that I'm pretty active in the game.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

The maintenance took me completely by surprise. I thought the maintenance notice was the standard post-event notice. Not sure what they changed except for making the alignment of the numbers in pre-match/post-match screens all weird.

Megalixir posted:

I didn't make it, I bought it, but it's one of a kind. I've seen others in Japan make similar custom arcade controllers, it isn't any different from making a custom arcade stick (come to think of it I actually have a few of those as well). It's a PS3 PCB wired to Sanwa buttons, the acrylic case appears to be an Arthong, and the side buttons activate/deactivate. Works over bluetooth, very playable, same latency as a wireless PS3 controller. I don't know how to set it up for Android though, you'd be on your own for setting it up, which is why I had intentions to sell it together with the already set up iPad 32gb for $300 + shipping.

Actually while I'm at it, here's a video of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmTeY2Gnnis

If there's some sort of Blutrol equivalent for Android, I assume it would work all the same.

You know, if you don't find someone in the next couple of weeks, I'd be happy to buy this off you.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I have 74 gems now and I've forgotten why I was even saving them in the first place. What's this about permanent higher rates? I haven't read stuff about the game in forever
I wasn't playing the game when this started, so it's mostly second-hand information, but from what I gather a few cards like Initial UR Nozomi, SR Teacher Nico, and maybe like two or three others? were added later than they were in the JP version, so they got shuffled into the "these cards have higher draw rates for the next few days!" and just never got taken out until the blue ticket update threw all cards older than six months into a separate draw.

Aside from the lower sound quality, I had a match of Anone Ganbare in SIF where the timing was way off... but it was only that song. I haven't gotten it at all the rest of the day, so I don't know if it'll hit again if I get it again. All my other score matches today don't seem to have changed timing at all, but man this lower sound quality is annoying, and I'm not even a big sound quality nerd.

I'm still saving up my rainbow gems in SS. I'm less than 1k away from being able to do a ten draw, but this is also right as the game launch daily bonus has dried up. Fastest way would be for me to clear some Master beatmaps, but man that's a lot easier said than done.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 9, 2015

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Sonata Mused posted:

I'm only halfway there to the 10-card draw for CGSS.

If you didn't know, when you level up an idol to their next stage, you get a new Communication.
Completing the first communication nets you Friend Points.
While completing the second communication gets you Star Bits (or whatever they are).
On my Rare level Koume, I got 50 Star Bits. For the Normal cards, I only get 25. Still, it's an easy way to get more Star Bits.

You also unlock more communications as an idol gains fans. I think one shows up a 2000 fans, and another at 10000. The 2000 fan ones yield 25 stars on both Ns and Rs, though.

Thanks to this, I'm about 225 away from a 10 draw, which I could get from the third scratch board if I could figure out how to navigate the transfer menu.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

When does the guaranteed SR period end? I'm obscenely close to being able to do a ten pull, and it'd be devastating if I did it right after the promotion ended.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Love Live! The School Idol Movie is good and fun.

This was very true. Good movie.

Did my 10 roll in SS after clearing a Master song this morning.

Looks like my Cool team got a major boost.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

graybook posted:

Soldier Game hard is pretty tricky.
Soldier Game EX is beyond that.

I regard Otomeshiki Renai Juku EX harder than Soldier Game EX, personally. The pattern is weirder.

The new batch of dailies feel easier though (Nawatobi is a joke, I'm sorry Hanayo). I can at least FC Anemone Heart EX. But the original dailies' EX versions are still beyond me.

I remember Soldier Game Hard feeling like it was going by too fast for me when I started trying it, but after almost a year of playing EX songs it feels slow as molasses. Still don't guarantee I can always FC it, though.

I'm in the same boat with regard to daily EXs. I still haven't been able to do Otomeshiki without failing, but I have been able to FC Merfest Vol. 2 and Yume Naki. I've gotten pretty close to FCing Anemone Heart, but small mistakes keep me from being able to do it. Daily EXs are scary as hell your first time through, though.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I was able to swap my Eli promo from the movie for a Hanayo, which I consider a gain since she's my second favorite.

Still looking out for someone who wants to trade a Maki for my Honoka, but if I can't get it done by the end of the week I'm just gonna use it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

It's always better to get practice in when there's not an event running. Probably blew at least a thousand LP trying to clear Otomeshiki in the last few token events, which isn't fun to think about.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Am I wrong in thinking that there'll eventually be blue scouting ticket options for the limited scouting during events? I had it in my mind that this was in the JP version, but now that I can't find any info on it anywhere I'm not sure why I'm holding on to 15 of them.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

graybook posted:

Moldy Taxes, I think your LLSIF ID was malformed at 10 digits instead of 9; could I request a repost of that?

Double tapped a second 4 there. Weird.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I wouldn't unless I was really jonesing for one of those cards. I think stats-wise they're worse than recent entries, too.

Also what's with the short event times? I didn't notice it until I realized that Wonder Zone is still going to be up by the time the event's over.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I don't think there's any need to expand the tiers right now? We haven't gotten another hellhole like the Christmas Umi last year, anyway.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Whenever I see someone with that Honoka in the assist menu it looks like her neck is 2x thicker than it is.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

halokiller posted:

I get that from time to time but haven't had it happen recently. I think it's lag from a bad connection but don't quote me on that.

I think this might be it. I've had a couple of occasions where I'm playing while walking to my dorm and the game will stop registering taps for a second.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

squidflakes posted:

Being that I'm total trash, I ended up staying up till 2am last night trying to get that loving Umi card from the event.

I got the loving Umi card for a grand total of two SRs, but now I'm chugging cheap lovely coffee and trying to stay awake through some sort of meeting or another.

A friend of mine started playing over the summer, and every token event I see him leaping up from T5 or so trying to T2 on the last day. Every day after I tell him to not grind it out on the last day. And the next month he's back at it again.

Dude went from 13k at 12:30 CST to rank 4402 at the end of the event. Even when I was his rank I'd never cut it that close, especially with the cutoffs being this low.

Please don't ruin your sleep schedule for idols, friends.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Just a heads up for everyone who hasn't logged into SIF in the past few days that Score Match 13 got bumped up to September 29th - October 8th. I'm not sure what the dev's intentions are, but my best guess is that they're accelerating events to catch up with the Japanese version. Thing is if they keep doing it they're gonna create weird situations like releasing the 2015 Christmas SRs in July.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My hope that SIF will continue with Aquors content is tempered by the competition that SS presents, but I do hope that if there is a new game that they take the opportunity to have the localization keep parity with the Japanese client.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I don't think there's been any formal announcement on the old group ending, but the way the movie ended (and things like the Nozomi & Eli radio show ending) that makes it seem like they're preparing to close shop.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

• Even low-tier cards are actual characters, not just art made up for the game (except they aren't all voiced, so I guess not all idols are made equal)
The hilarious trade-off is that not all SRs are voiced. A friend of mine explained it to me that they poll who should be the next to receive a voice, and one of those SRs I got back in this post doesn't have a voice.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

At 115 LP I sometimes find myself letting it cap anyway because it's such a large span of time that I straight-up forget about the game. At this point I'm just T2ing events and biding my time because 118-119 LP is like the perfect amount to do two 3-song medleys once Medley Festival hits EN.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

graybook posted:

Sorry about that I was asleep oh dear Christ we are beyond God's holy salvation

It's a new golden age, actually.

I haven't touched SS in like a month now, which is shame because I do like the game but I can't make myself care about the myriad of idols in the game.

SIF is kind of bugging me because this whole early event deal means that we only have the daily EX song(s) in rotation at the moment, and I can only play Kokuhaku Biyori so many times before I get frustrated that I still can't get past a C combo.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Maybe I'd care more about SS if I watched the CG anime, but I haven't even been keeping up with the shows I want to watch this season, so who knows when I'd make time for that :shrug:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I tend to see more desyncs during score match. I've got an unfounded theory that songs added after the update that broke the game don't get desynced, and since I don't really grind too hard in token events until a I see a new EX song I hardly see desyncs there.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I've been proudly sporting this card as my center since I got it.

I've been weighing my options on trying to roll for a second one, but I've seen some screenshots from the JP version that show people getting it from the seal shop this past month, and I might just wait for a year for that if those are for real.

Right now I'm just sitting on gem hoard ready to blast into T1 for the upcoming medley festival.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

You use G to buy various buffs before the medley starts (increased gold/exp/score/skill activation rate, off the top of my head). Apparently there's some cocktail of buffs you can use that'll keep your net spending low, but I've got 24m just sitting around ready to blow through so if I'm not 100% economical it's no big deal.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

So if I have teams that can already hit S scores, I shouldn't need to buy score boosts?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Was this maintenance scheduled?

Yeah, the announcement was posted after the server went back up this morning. It's scheduled to end eight hours from now.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Gotta wonder what broke so hard that they had to postpone the version update.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My crackpot theory for the Medley Festival delay is that some higher ups told the EN managers that they couldn't push out the 2.0 update before December, in the middle of the 10 hour update, and since Medley Festival requires some bits from the update (off the top of my head, the increased combo counter to 1500 notes), they decided to just shuffle in another event instead of waiting for another week.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Isn't that normal for games with region locking? I know the Play store says my Z3V is incompatible even though it works just fine when I download the apk.

In other news did anyone feel like there was an uptick in desyncs in SIF during this past event? I was grinding it out last night and it felt like every 4-5 songs I played got hit with a desync. I'm hoping the update on Monday finally fixes it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

e: double post

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

RIP

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Second hand information says that they've announced new URs until at least September. I'd like them to start folding Aquors cards into the game soon, but I'm betting that there'll be a new game in spite of the songs from the single getting added to SIF.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I believe some Reddit information gathering concluded that the rank that you get in score/combo doesn't affect what tier of reward you get, just that you get at least a C to begin with. Whoops that's probably wrong. After that it's just based on chance and the difficulty to determine what tier you'll get. I think the only rewards that are set in stone are the friend supports that can happen between songs; I've gotten an extra silver and bronze reward from those.

Prizes from rewards are listed here, but Gold rewards can give you stuff like the teacher/alpaca and R/SR skillup cards, as well as a scouting ticket (!).

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 8, 2015

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Someone save me from continuing this terrible mistake.

Also, my own :smuggo:, I guess.

Typically if I see Loveless World or Merfes Vol. 1 I'm guaranteed to not make it.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 15, 2015

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

For some reason the very end just trips me up whenever it comes up. I know I've been able to do it before, but even with a perfect support running I can't seem to do it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Gotta say, this this the first time I've been compelled to shoot past the max reward since that Christmas Umi last year kinda forced you to if you wanted to tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Having 120+ LP really helps when it comes to justifying spending gems on refills, and if I really get into a groove I can spend a few hours just popping refills like a bad addiction. I'm definitely gonna shoot for 100k tomorrow, but depending on how I'm feeling vs how the cutoff looks I might just call it there.