Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

rezatahs posted:

it's actually the jesus fish

every single god drat one of them
yep.

anyways, I don't drive one, but I'd def get a 2015 Subaru Legacy if I was in the market for a mid-size sedan. it's actually a really good car for the price and easily 10k less for similar car with bells+whistles from a competitor and has the best KBB resell value of any similar car. also incredibly good mileage for AWD.

never really had problems with suburu drivers, most go a pretty good 75 and decent awareness to move over if needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

also 11 years later it only lost 30% of its original value. if you include inflation, it almost never lost value even with 80,000 miles.

welp thats my subaru story, ill be in another as soon as it is feasible
yea sounds about right. they do hold incredible resale because surprise, they're actually good cars. unlike a lot of trash poo poo that domestic and such pump out.

though 80k miles over 11 years seems really low--most cars usually hit that in like 5 years.
e: maybe it depends on the state but at least here in california, most people i know easily put 15k+/mi a year if it theirs primary vehicle and commuute with it

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 6, 2015

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Incomplete Fish posted:

Subarus are good cars. But those god drat commercials with the people wearing plaid and talking about wanting a safe car for their family. Those people are just /so/ relatable aren't they? Good Thing You Got A Subaru(TM)

edit: subaru impreza wrx sti vroom-PSCHHH VROOOM-PSCHHHHH VIN DIESEL

yea they definitely advertise to sort of DINKY-soon-to-be-expecting aging 35+ tail end of millenial/gen x crowd. and to be fair their safety record is actually top notch and won the best there but yeah it's sort of annoying all the same since i don't care and im a dumb invincible driver who never expects to be in an accident anyways and isn't a selling point to me. price def is though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Sheep-Goats posted:

Are you also aware that you don't just keep the clamshell on top of your car at all times.

it's so they can go "heh yeah we love outdoors, hiking, beaches,c amping. we're definitely relax and chronically unafraid of nature, in fact we want to gently caress it because we are that chill and interesting. unlike those boring people!"

either that or they had the shop put it on and are incompetent enough not to know how to take it on off. and/or they rent and have no place to store it if it's not ontop of the car (this would be my case but i wouldn't pack more than could fit in the trunk and would never had one, but if i did i'd have to leave it ontop all the time).

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Tuxedo Gin posted:

if somebody pulls some ridiculously dangerous maneuver on the freeway at high speed that makes you go "holy poo poo what a dick" there is a 95% chance it is an audi
well. it's like 40% audi and 45% BMW 3 series

e: those two cars you can definitely stereotype and hit it 97% of the time.

like you can't really do the same for Prius drivers since they run whole 9-yard range from crazy speed demon to slow-poke left-laner. generally though i think they're more on the speedy-side, but cautious side, at least around here but it's sort of a crapshoot. same for trucks, you easily remember the rear end in a top hat in ford HDD supermax 5000+ DIESEL who rides your rear end while you're in the right lane while you're already going 85 MPH, but ive seen a lot who're pretty chill and let people in, usually go more or less flow of traffic/speed limit so it's pretty evenly distributed.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 6, 2015

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

A misanthrope posted:

kill and eat the rich

actually eat the pseudo-rich who think they're a class up than they are, cause that poo poo aint what rich people buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Meta Ridley posted:

It seems like half the cars in Coloado are Subarus.

also this thread has it so wrong, it is Kia drivers who are the biggest morons on the road

maybe that's a regional thing, but like maybe only 0.5% of the cars i see are Kias. and considering that a significant portion of drivers are the biggest morons, i dont see how that's possible

• Locked thread