Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
When the show was giving Edgar's side of things, it really highlighted just what lovely, loving horrible people his friends are. But they're the same assholes we love when the show's giving us their point of view. :allears:

It's such a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
One of my favorite parts of season 1 was after the sex points contest there was a quick montage of how everyone else involved in the one upmanship suffered for it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

One of my favorite parts of season 1 was after the sex points contest there was a quick montage of how everyone else involved in the one upmanship suffered for it.

Haha truly, I love that episode and it's probably my favorite from season 1. Everything from the door guy who had mistakenly though he had found something to the writer guy giving up on his ambitions of finding his dreams in the big city. Just fantastic.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that's still one of the absolute high points of the show for me. I don't ever want these characters to become cuddly.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Binged through this show in the last week and holy poo poo:

Yoshifan823 posted:

Lindsey is the worst.

I'm aware that this show is called I'm The Worst, and is ostensibly about people who are the worst, but my point stands.

Lindsey is the worst.

MiddleOne posted:

Also is Lindsay dying by the end of the season? She's just steadily approaching bottom human being.
Yes!

Other than that, I'm really glad I followed the recommendations in the chat thread. It's a fantastic show.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Can't beat anything that opens up with a Dinosaur Jr. song.

durk onion
Oct 25, 2010
Isn't Lindsey still pregnant? Why is she always drinking and popping pills?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

durk onion posted:

'cuz it's lindsey?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Isn't cuckold word filtered now? That could be annoying in here now that Paul is an actual cuckold.

Edit: huh, guess not.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

durk onion posted:

I'm hoping the abortion / brick joke from this episode turns out to be an actual abortion brick joke.

blunt fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 13, 2016

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Loomer posted:

Isn't cuckold word filtered now? That could be annoying in here now that Paul is an actual cuckold.

Edit: huh, guess not.

I think it's the four letter abbreviation, you cuck.

Edit: Nope, I guess it went away.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

blunt posted:

I'm hoping the abortion / brick joke from this episode turns out to be an actual abortion brick joke.

I'm still expecting all of her pregnancy stuff to be based entirely on a single pregnancy test not even a blood test. Those things have a greater than 50% chance of a false positive.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I felt like I should let you, my You're The Worst friends, know that I am now posting from heaven.

Reason is, I literally died laughing when Paul and Lindsay were sitting on the couch watching a city council meeting. Literally.

Between that and the fedora mention, I worry that someone saw 16 year old me and wondered "what would that loser look like as an adult?"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm still expecting all of her pregnancy stuff to be based entirely on a single pregnancy test not even a blood test. Those things have a greater than 50% chance of a false positive.

Potentially bad news for you: they're like 99% accurate.
You're possibly thinking that they're twice as likely to false positive as false negative, but yeah.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Haha, oh god, when the dude she was gonna gently caress slinked inside the house with Paul all skeezy like I started cracking up. His entire attitude was creepy as hell. Loved it.

Lindsey is a terrible human being. This show really knows how to dredge from the bottom of the barrel.

Ben Folds hiring that dude to be a fan was pretty funny, too.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I saw a dog.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I've seen the "tell the pot Doctor whatever he needs to hear" joke a million times but "I saw a dog." Might be the funniest. So simple.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Why is Lindsey's sister poor now? I may have misheard lindsey there.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Nevvy Z posted:

Why is Lindsey's sister poor now? I may have misheard lindsey there.

Because Vernon lost all his money to his financial domination fetish.

Reminder: This show owns.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

DivisionPost posted:

Because Vernon lost all his money to his financial domination fetish.

Reminder: This show owns.

Hahaha yeah it loving does.

I love seeing Vernon get excited for heckles.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Vernon is the loving best.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Vernon is the loving best.

And he isn't being overused, which helps. Though seeing him and Becca always showing for whatever bullshit is happening at Jimmy's is great.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

durk onion posted:

This is now quite possibly my favorite show of all time.

it's easily the best show running right now (especially since Louie's gone for now)

I wasn't sure how sustainable this show would end up being but at this point in S3 i'm just looking forward to S4 and beyond. FX is absolutely killing it right now. I'd have a hard time making a case against YTW, Better Things, and Atlanta being in my top 5 at year's end.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I've never known a sitcom get better in seasons 2 and 3 and I hope people with Nielsen boxes are watching this so it carries on.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Khablam posted:

I've never known a sitcom get better in seasons 2 and 3 and I hope people with Nielsen boxes are watching this so it carries on.

Already been renewed for Season 4 :D

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
So I finally have the money to spare to catch up and holy crap...I had no idea how they were gonna match the back half of season 2, but they're knocking it out of the park. I have no experience with PTSD nor does anyone I know (as far as I know) so I don't know how accurate it is but it's shattering my heart. Although I'm still only on Twenty-Two.

EDIT: Wait, I can't be a pilot?

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 15, 2016

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Khablam posted:

Potentially bad news for you: they're like 99% accurate.
You're possibly thinking that they're twice as likely to false positive as false negative, but yeah.

Maybe, was just going off of what the doctor told us after a scare like a decade ago. He told us if it says No you're almost certainly safe, but if it says Yes you still have a 50/50 shot. Something as simple as eating a rare burger the night before can increase the levels of the hormone the stick looks for.

durk onion
Oct 25, 2010
I feel like there's no way that Lindsey can keep this baby. The show would have to change too much. I also think the show is above the easy way out with something like her reading the test incorrectly. The way they were tackling depression and PTSD, maybe she'll have a miscarriage? That almost seems too dark, even for this show. Adoption?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Well they have plenty of time to figure it out. This isn't your normal show where one season is roughly one year. It's been less than that since the Pilot

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Paul = Floor Worm.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I've been following this election and "the deplorables" too much so the whole "I'm gonna be the best cuck I can be!" line loving slayed me

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So, do any of you watch Mr. Robot? :sun:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

durk onion posted:

I feel like there's no way that Lindsey can keep this baby. The show would have to change too much. I also think the show is above the easy way out with something like her reading the test incorrectly. The way they were tackling depression and PTSD, maybe she'll have a miscarriage? That almost seems too dark, even for this show. Adoption?

I mean, she did text Gretchen saying she needs an abobo.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Vernon is still the best, he's caught in this relentless torrent of negativity and yet he shines through.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Oh Paul...you're not ready for a chastity cage.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
FUUUUUUUCK that Paul cage scene was so uncomfortable and hilarious

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Oh man the Squeezy callback to Necky and Trunky slayed me.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Everything about that podcast scene owned.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This season has been a little directionless, but it's still as funny as ever. I didn't really think this show was sustainable without making the characters too cuddly but they're doing a much better job in that regard this season than last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Khablam posted:

Everything about that podcast scene owned.

Retitle thread "Vernon: You're the BEST" and subtitle "Lindsey: YOU'RE the worst"

• Locked thread