Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I hate Lindsay with every fibre of my being. I know that's the point of the character, but goddamn.

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, she was awful this season, but it was all clearly in service of Paul snapping. And god drat is he satisfying in those last two eps (even if the funniest moment was his lawyer sniggering at the cucking thing)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Not to drag politics into this, but Jane the Virgin and My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend both had characters have abortions and come off sympathetic.

My Body My Choice has never sounded so harsh.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hahah, absolutely. I think this is also kind of weirdly progressive in a way, because it absolutely puts her at fault for having the abortion but not because of the act itself, if that makes sense. It acknowledges that it is largely her choice and that it's normal but also views it as an extremely selfish act in this instance.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, she was awful this season, but it was all clearly in service of Paul snapping. And god drat is he satisfying in those last two eps (even if the funniest moment was his lawyer sniggering at the cucking thing)

Lindsay is constantly aggressively awful, but I'm not sure anything will top what Jimmy just pulled. I just want someone on this show to be happy :(

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I think my favorite moment is when we see Killian, who clearly has no one taking care of him, and the sneer Becca gives him. That or Vernon throwing change at Paul.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I finally was able to bingewatch the last three episodes and HOLY poo poo!

This show is amazing, hilarious, and absolutely devastating. God drat that last scene of the season.

Also, no mention of the executive assistant who quits his job? And the wedding was pretty good, too. Haha, and Vernon getting smeared with poo poo and calling for help was funny.

This is such a great show. WHen does season 4 start?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Ok Lindsay was pretty irredeemable this season, but I really liked her last scene. I identified with her noticing that despite being poo poo broke, she's finally happy. And I love it when she was happy for Edgar after he said no to bringing her pizza. There's a heart of gold buried in there. Deep deep DEEP in there

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Also some sweet naturals.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Amazing pair of eps to end the season, but holy gently caress what a cliffhanger for Jimmy and Gretchen

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The last scene wasn't very believable.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I think it coincided with Gretchen's arc very well. She's being more open with what she actually wants. Jimmy on the other hand...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nevvy Z posted:

I think my favorite moment is when we see Killian, who clearly has no one taking care of him, and the sneer Becca gives him. That or Vernon throwing change at Paul.

"So uh is that formula only for babies or can hungry big boys get some of that action?"

Great season, but I'm a bit disappointed they went with the obvious of Jimmy running away. :(

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFPKbKdZ4qs

That's pretty crazy - I didn't notice any difference in the sets at all this year

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

I thought it was less believable that Gretchen would be dumb enough to say that idiotic family thing than for Jimmy to react that way to it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I bought that Gretchen had done enough work on herself that she assumed Jimmy wanted the same thing when he proposed. We shouldn't expect her to be on egg shells about Jimmy's triggers at that point. They were just discussing having kids. If Jimmy picks now to propose it makes sense to be talking about starting a family together.

Jimmy's just a broken rear end in a top hat.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

blunt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFPKbKdZ4qs

That's pretty crazy - I didn't notice any difference in the sets at all this year

That is very cool.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

mcmagic posted:

glad to hear that you have a healthy relationship with your family. a lot of people don't.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
I don't like it when the best line of the season becomes reality. :cry:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Jorghnassen posted:

I don't like it when the best line of the season becomes reality. :cry:

doesn't make it not Margarita Monday.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was not worth posting just because this season had a reference to a similar thing, jesus gently caress

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
My dad will die sometime in the future...OMG my future life parallels Jimmy's present life because his dad's dead now holy poo poo how did the writers know??!?!?!

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005
My dad did actually die in the last few weeks. Our relationship wasn't the same as what we saw with Jimmy in the show but there were some things in common. If you have an estranged family member or just someone you've fallen out of touch with please consider giving them a call, writing a letter or whatever. Once they're dead it's too late.

Ok, that was kind of heavy. You can resuming arguing on the internet now.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cpt.Wacky posted:

My dad did actually die in the last few weeks. Our relationship wasn't the same as what we saw with Jimmy in the show but there were some things in common. If you have an estranged family member or just someone you've fallen out of touch with please consider giving them a call, writing a letter or whatever. Once they're dead it's too late.

Ok, that was kind of heavy. You can resuming arguing on the internet now.

This show brings the heaviness.

This show and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are two fantastic and incredibly dark comedies, but they sure as poo poo don't cannibalize each other. It's pretty amazing.

Sorry about your dad.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Just wanted to say glancing at this thread made me start watching the show and now barely two weeks later I'm on the latest episode. I blame all of you for everything.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
You're welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I really thought Paul and Lindsey were gonna gently caress after he lit his cig, but I'm glad that didn't happen so that Lindsey could do her thing and Paul could spread around the misery a little bit.

• Locked thread