Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
YOSTOP Mk II:

Since GATOS Y VATOS is a covetous semite, we, YOSPOS, are forced to carry on the proud tradition of the YOSTOP. As you can see from the labels and hostname, this is the true successor to the YOSTOP. GATOS Y VATOS: shame on you for hoarding the precious YOSTOP from our fat nerd hands.

idk if u work for evangelicals but just as a warning there is an ASCII goatse in this post... maybe.

Also the first few pictures are in vertical view which will piss u off if u are a :spergin:, and also since I am not a deece six.5 figs yet my camera sucks and is poo poo. But the tradition burns in me and so it shall be brought forth. These pix are in tablebreaking format, sorry if u r a scrup w\ a poo poo setup.

Anyway, here we go. :smugmrgw:

-------------------------------

It was finally time to open the package. Had Captain Foo, a Bosposter turned my package into a bomb? I steeled my wits. I didnt have a sharpie so I just cut out the personal stuff to prevent DOXXing. Like 90% of YOSPOS my name is actually James.

The slicing...

The packing. At this point the cat came to investigate with great interest.

Blurry as gently caress side view.

The dank POV....

A love note was included. Also included in following pics is the cheeto dust, shipped 3000mi away from Boston.

The camera on my old rear end poor phone gets kinda blurry from here on out. I shivered in anticipation... Gentoo.... reminds me of high school (and not getting laid)... tfw ur bitch aspergers dork life comes back to haunt u....

Even tho the camera is poo poo, I would have to be blind not to notice this epic tribute to He Whom I Hold Most Dear... the Goatman, Kirk L Johnson of Nova Scotia, Canada. I mustered on.

Gotta check out what I'm workin with... looks like Captain Foo is in the deece six figs category..... omfg 160GB HDD and 2GB RAM.... [Arnold Schwarzenegger voice where he talks about lifting weights being like cumming] can you imagine how good I am feeling...

Wondering what was in store, I decided to run top to see if there were any bomb-making scripts running... blurry picture but so far so good.

Captain Foo, I appreciate that u sned the ysotop, but wtf. No vi? Gentoo is supposed to be loving POSIX COMPLIANT. What loving garbage is this? Such disappointment in the GNU/Linux community :saddowns:

nano was installed, however, further confirming that this was a n00b gentoo install. That's ok. Not all of us can have no loving life and use gentoo. Since gentoo fails to load the module for an ethernet port on a 5+ year old laptop, I was forced to use the dreaded Wifi on Linux. Checking wpa_supplicant I found:

Very clever indeed. Because modprobe was broken and Gentoo is exceedingly fail, I ended up having to reboot (with init 6, of course)... After, I was able to connect to the network.

I guess I should elaborate that I used Gentoo exclusively in high school. I also did not get laid during the period that I used said Gentoo. It is possible that the two are related. However, this brought it all back: emerge (gentoo package manager) vim - a package that, with dependencies, totals less than 2mb. But since one must compile from source in RMS' own OS, it took LITERALLY 15 minutes for me to get VIM working. Also in this pic is a reflection of my hot body.

To prove the inefficiencies of Gentoo, I ran date this time to show the time difference. Then I decided, hell, since Im not getting laid anyway, might as well relive the glory days and install God's Own Window Manager, fluxbox.

What luck, the compiler options (which, despite claims to the contrary, have to be changed before installing anything big, like a wm / open office / whatever) are wrong.

The compiler options continued to be wrong. At this point I knew no one could fault me for starting to drink. After several beers, I began to feel better about using Gentoo.

Once I spend an hour or so deciding on which USE flags were acceptable (flashback to painstakingly configuring USE flags for many years as a fat sperg), I finally went for the moneyshot. Currently it is compiling X.org and eventually fluxbox. It will prob work in approx 15-20 years.

Until then I guess lmk what u want me to do on the other ttys. I work graveyard shift so I gonna probably pass out in a few hours.

edit i am a fat loving retard who posted tablebreaking weird format images. fixed now. sry & fuk u

du -hast fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

reserverd for furture dank wisdom

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

lol set correct VIDEO_CARD and INPUT_DEVICES in make.conf - xf86-video-vmware and libkms wtf

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

...the yospos laptop...

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Tankakern posted:

lol set correct VIDEO_CARD and INPUT_DEVICES in make.conf - xf86-video-vmware and libkms wtf

lol... yes.., what a good idea... totally didnt think of that [in borat voice] NOT!!!!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

OldAlias posted:

...the yospos laptop...

I thought it was a myth... it's been so long

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Send me the YOStop.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

and unlike gatos y vatos i wont be a ✡ but will ship it

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

bmup

pram
Jun 10, 2001
gas and ban op

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hail satan

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it has been done

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 402 days!
look, man. frankly, nobody cares about the yostop.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

TRON JEREMY posted:

look, man. frankly, nobody cares about the yostop.

look, man. get the gently caress out of yospos you loving bitch. gently caress you. i hosed ur mother but had to pull out when my tongue got a srs yeast infection

oh wow ur named after a retarded movie + a rly fat guy with a moderately large dick

[muffled lmao folloed by go gently caress yourself in the distance]

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

pram posted:

gas and ban op

:agreed: tbqh

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Send me the God drat YOSPOS Laptop.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 402 days!

du -hast posted:

look, man. get the gently caress out of yospos you loving bitch. gently caress you. i hosed ur mother but had to pull out when my tongue got a srs yeast infection

oh wow ur named after a retarded movie + a rly fat guy with a moderately large dick

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

du -hast posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

du -hast posted:

YOSTOP Mk II:

Since GATOS Y VATOS is a covetous semite, we, YOSPOS, are forced to carry on the proud tradition of the YOSTOP. As you can see from the labels and hostname, this is the true successor to the YOSTOP. GATOS Y VATOS: shame on you for hoarding the precious YOSTOP from our fat nerd hands.

idk if u work for evangelicals but just as a warning there is an ASCII goatse in this post... maybe.

Also the first few pictures are in vertical view which will piss u off if u are a :spergin:, and also since I am not a deece six.5 figs yet my camera sucks and is poo poo. But the tradition burns in me and so it shall be brought forth. These pix are in tablebreaking format, sorry if u r a scrup w\ a poo poo setup.

Anyway, here we go. :smugmrgw:

-------------------------------

It was finally time to open the package. Had Captain Foo, a Bosposter turned my package into a bomb? I steeled my wits. I didnt have a sharpie so I just cut out the personal stuff to prevent DOXXing. Like 90% of YOSPOS my name is actually James.

The slicing...

The packing. At this point the cat came to investigate with great interest.

Blurry as gently caress side view.

The dank POV....

A love note was included. Also included in following pics is the cheeto dust, shipped 3000mi away from Boston.

The camera on my old rear end poor phone gets kinda blurry from here on out. I shivered in anticipation... Gentoo.... reminds me of high school (and not getting laid)... tfw ur bitch aspergers dork life comes back to haunt u....

Even tho the camera is poo poo, I would have to be blind not to notice this epic tribute to He Whom I Hold Most Dear... the Goatman, Kirk L Johnson of Nova Scotia, Canada. I mustered on.

Gotta check out what I'm workin with... looks like Captain Foo is in the deece six figs category..... omfg 160GB HDD and 2GB RAM.... [Arnold Schwarzenegger voice where he talks about lifting weights being like cumming] can you imagine how good I am feeling...

Wondering what was in store, I decided to run top to see if there were any bomb-making scripts running... blurry picture but so far so good.

Captain Foo, I appreciate that u sned the ysotop, but wtf. No vi? Gentoo is supposed to be loving POSIX COMPLIANT. What loving garbage is this? Such disappointment in the GNU/Linux community :saddowns:

nano was installed, however, further confirming that this was a n00b gentoo install. That's ok. Not all of us can have no loving life and use gentoo. Since gentoo fails to load the module for an ethernet port on a 5+ year old laptop, I was forced to use the dreaded Wifi on Linux. Checking wpa_supplicant I found:

Very clever indeed. Because modprobe was broken and Gentoo is exceedingly fail, I ended up having to reboot (with init 6, of course)... After, I was able to connect to the network.

I guess I should elaborate that I used Gentoo exclusively in high school. I also did not get laid during the period that I used said Gentoo. It is possible that the two are related. However, this brought it all back: emerge (gentoo package manager) vim - a package that, with dependencies, totals less than 2mb. But since one must compile from source in RMS' own OS, it took LITERALLY 15 minutes for me to get VIM working. Also in this pic is a reflection of my hot body.

To prove the inefficiencies of Gentoo, I ran date this time to show the time difference. Then I decided, hell, since Im not getting laid anyway, might as well relive the glory days and install God's Own Window Manager, fluxbox.

What luck, the compiler options (which, despite claims to the contrary, have to be changed before installing anything big, like a wm / open office / whatever) are wrong.

The compiler options continued to be wrong. At this point I knew no one could fault me for starting to drink. After several beers, I began to feel better about using Gentoo.

Once I spend an hour or so deciding on which USE flags were acceptable (flashback to painstakingly configuring USE flags for many years as a fat sperg), I finally went for the moneyshot. Currently it is compiling X.org and eventually fluxbox. It will prob work in approx 15-20 years.

Until then I guess lmk what u want me to do on the other ttys. I work graveyard shift so I gonna probably pass out in a few hours.

edit i am a fat loving retard who posted tablebreaking weird format images. fixed now. sry & fuk u

epic

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

ground floor YOSPOS BITHC

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 402 days!
i don't see any reason to be rude to forums poster gatos y vatos.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

im gay

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

TRON JEREMY posted:

lmao. wow. u rly are a retard oval office

if u were a true yospos og u would know

yostop mk 1 was sent to gatos y vatos (en: cats and homies) for yospos secret santa. but then, despite the will of the people, he hoarded the yostop.... but then increased his posting on the cat thread (which imho should be gassed then restarted in PI)..... private hosting for otherkin catte-ophiles on the dime of the Average YosPoster..... despite his racially handicapped name he is, in fact, a covetous Jew...

But back to u:

iirc i knew you... well i knew your mom, anyway :smugmrgw: ... did u know that ur mom actually prefers anal b/c its actually "more sexist and degrading" - your daddy (if u know who it is) was a marshmellow & counted on the fidelity of his wife.... lol what a mistake

how old r u tron jeremy........ u might be my son and i will love you from a distance of course

also gently caress you, youre a oval office and u can eat my dick u fag

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

same

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

im bombin wicked burns on these oval office bitchez sternums

but

what should i do w\ the yostop... i need ur suggestions

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

TRON JEREMY posted:

no reason to be rude to the breaker of the unbroken chain? the childfree livejournaler who refuses to produce a royal heir?? the man who would remove the ring from kirk's left hand????????

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

TRON JEREMY posted:

/

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

currently @ 6/68 packages.... lookin good for october

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

du -hast posted:

im bombin wicked burns on these oval office bitchez sternums

but

what should i do w\ the yostop... i need ur suggestions

send it to me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Goldmine

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
surprised you didn't just receive a glitterbomb in the mail tbh

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

surprised you didn't just receive a glitterbomb in the mail tbh

:agreed:

anyway it i my "friday" night since i make only a marginal 5 figgies...... time for me to pass out

will update this thred tomorrow

plz lemme know what you would like done w\ the yostop

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

idk what to do w\ it........ its a pos

for sure i am going to instal templeos b4 i sned it

plz refer to this thred: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3425111
as u might know i m a templeos / losethos xprt

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bing the yostop up ur rear end

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
superglue thumbtacks to every button on the keyboard

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

TRON JEREMY posted:

lmao bitch oval office

teh yostop requies input;;;;; what should i do w/ it

obv templeos works

also i will eat a 6hr probe if oval office tron geremant gets probe tooo.

tj: i am a oval office bitch
219: yospos bithc!!!!!!!`

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
swap a USB port with a cigarette lighter, then put a cigarette lighter USB adaptor in it.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

ne1 else want a dank burn slammedd down on ur sternum? wait til i wae up tmrw.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Put the Xbox Ons Bad RAM in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
[NOT SERIOUS] cuck the YOStop

• Locked thread