Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mister Macys posted:

Just so I understand, do 1.0 and 2.0 playsets work with 3.0 (the one my nephew has)?

'playsets', aka the story-driven level stuff, only work with the version they were made for. But all characters and power discs work in their version plus any newer ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Are older characters only usable in the hub area?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mister Macys posted:

Are older characters only usable in the hub area?

For the most part except for the Marvel characters in Battleground in 3.0 and every character (except Cars I think) in Villain Takeover. And I thinks Cars and everyone in the Race Track one.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hub area AND Toyboxes. All Marvel characters work in Battlegrounds playset.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Disney Infinity Gold Edition is out on Steam now, for all three games. $30 each or $60 for a bundle of all three.

Basically they're the base game + all playsets + all figures + all discs, but it's all digital so no physical stuff needed. Incredibly good deals.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/144116/

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 11, 2016

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Wow, even with Infinity being featured in the current PSN holiday sale despite being dead, that's still rather surprising. And kind of welcome, even if support is going away fast and the whole franchise was always kind of shafted outside the console releases. That's still enough solo content with all the figures and sets to probably be worth a pickup.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Agent Escalus posted:

Wow, even with Infinity being featured in the current PSN holiday sale despite being dead, that's still rather surprising. And kind of welcome, even if support is going away fast and the whole franchise was always kind of shafted outside the console releases. That's still enough solo content with all the figures and sets to probably be worth a pickup.

Yeah if you're a fan of Disney/Marvel/Star Wars then you should pick up at least one of these on Steam (probably 3.0)

It would be really nice to get a console release that's a single disc with 1/2/3 all on it together too as a Gold Edition thing, but I have a feeling that won't happen.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Kelp Plankton posted:

Disney Infinity Gold Edition is out on Steam now, for all three games. $30 each or $60 for a bundle of all three.

Basically they're the base game + all playsets + all figures + all discs, but it's all digital so no physical stuff needed. Incredibly good deals.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/144116/

On paper it sounds great but then you have to remember that there is no multiplayer of any kind with the PC version. These games are kind of lame as a single-player experience honestly.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Bumping with news that mutata's old crew have re-formed under Warner Bros. and are making...another Disney game.

HUH. How about that?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They've been sitting on that since July, haha. I'm glad they finally get to say where they work! Cars 3 was already well into production when we shut down, so it should be a pretty good title if you liked the past Cars games.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
You keep referring to them in the third person Mutate, does that mean that you're not among them anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Correct! I'm at a company called CastAR. They scraped 20 of us from Avalanche and another 20 who made up all that was left of the old Twisted Metal devs and we're now first party dev for the augmented reality console they're developing.

• Locked thread