Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I really wish this didn't run like garbage on the Wii U. :(

Maybe my expectations are way off base or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
3.0 is a big step up from 1 and 2, but it still hitches when there's a lot going on.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

3.0 is a big step up from 1 and 2, but it still hitches when there's a lot going on.

You're right. I had 1.0 and absolutely hated it. The toys-to-life (or whatever it's called) stuff intrigues me so I'm willing to overlook a mediocre game, but 1.0 was so terrible. Not only was performance bad but it was really lacking gameplay outside the toybox.

3.0 on Wii U has some performance issues in toybox but I just loaded the Twilight of the Republic play set for the first time and it's 1000x better.

So, I take it back. This is fun.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah, anyone who was interested by the concept (whether it be the toys to life aspect or the sandbox community-sharing content creation thing or just the Disney/Marvel/Star Wars crossover stuff) and felt like 1.0 or 2.0 were garbage should definitely check 3.0 out. It's crazy how much better everything feels and how much more stuff there is to do.

I thought 1.0 looked really bad and when I tried 2.0 it felt pretty underwhelming in general but 3.0 is really enjoyable.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Best Buy and Toys R Us have some sales that coincide with the timed exclusive figures no longer being exclusive.

At Toys R Us it's buy one get one 40% off on playsets/figures/etc. All their figures are priced a dollar higher than elsewhere, but the discount can be applied to multiple sets in the same order and free shipping kicks in at $20. Doesn't look like it works with pre-orders though.

At Best Buy you save $5 when you buy two figures (so it comes out to $22.98 compared to TRU's $23.98 and less if you have Gamer's Club), but it doesn't apply multiple times in the same order and free shipping only begins at $35.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

Even moving between 2.0 and 3.0 it asked me to share ownership for all my characters so I don't think it's a big deal, just tell it yes.

Did you sign into a different account or something?

Nope. I shut down at night and the next day all my stuff was gone when I powered up. I put all my guys on the stand and now they are showing up again. All my other data was saved, just not what guys I owned.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
3.0 just got a nice front page review in the normally smarmy Video Game Article.

http://www.somethingawful.com/video-game-article/infinity-star-wars/

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Dang I want Toy Box Speedway to come out already. Not even really because I'm super excited for racing, but because of all the great toybox content locked behind it. I wanna make Halloween Town and Gravity Falls.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Some places are reporting Toybox Speedway & Toybox Takeover will come out on the 13th of October.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Some places are reporting Toybox Speedway & Toybox Takeover will come out on the 13th of October.

Yeah, this is what I'm seeing too. You can preorder it from Gamestop's site and some other places already with that date so it's probably accurate.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

3.0 toy box is now up on the App Store.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
No PC version yet.

:negative:

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Me and the wife picked this up on a whim. It's loving awesome. Toy Boxes tend to have poor quality though despite how popular they are. Also confused why there isn't a search function.
We picked up a bunch of figures after a few hours of using the starter kit.
Qoura, Sebine, Elsa, Groot, Rocket Racoon, Merida, Mulan and Ralph. Really digging Sebine and my wife settled on Merida. Really dislike how friendly fire can't be turned off in multi player mode though, we tried doing the Side scrolling pre-made and kept combing in to each other.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.

Kortel posted:

Me and the wife picked this up on a whim. It's loving awesome. Toy Boxes tend to have poor quality though despite how popular they are. Also confused why there isn't a search function.
We picked up a bunch of figures after a few hours of using the starter kit.
Qoura, Sebine, Elsa, Groot, Rocket Racoon, Merida, Mulan and Ralph. Really digging Sebine and my wife settled on Merida. Really dislike how friendly fire can't be turned off in multi player mode though, we tried doing the Side scrolling pre-made and kept combing in to each other.

You can use the team toys to put both of you on the same team, and then you can't hurt each other. They should have done that automatically for the side scroller but I guess they didn't.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

baby puzzle posted:

You can use the team toys to put both of you on the same team, and then you can't hurt each other. They should have done that automatically for the side scroller but I guess they didn't.

Was not aware there was a toy for that, what menu is that under or is it a specific thing for Toy Boxes?

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
So far my wife and I really like 3.0 considerably more than 2.0. The Toy Box hub, especially, is a lot more immersive.

However, is Boba Fett only usable on PS4? Or if you managed to acquire the figure, it would work on any system as any other figure would?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Doronin posted:

So far my wife and I really like 3.0 considerably more than 2.0. The Toy Box hub, especially, is a lot more immersive.

However, is Boba Fett only usable on PS4? Or if you managed to acquire the figure, it would work on any system as any other figure would?

Any figures should work whether they are "released" or not. They have release dates, but they aren't coded in. As long as you have the figures, you can use them.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
And we have official announcement of the new Marvel Playset. Perhaps a new Captain America figure?

https://youtu.be/qHmAjKKb2WY

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yep, new Captain America figure

looks kind of super good

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
The PC version of 3.0 is finally out. Downloading now! You can get it through Steam for free this time, and I'm assuming you sign in with your account so that all of your stuff shows up.

I just picked up the Speedway, and it's a reasonably competent kart racer, but from what I've seen so far, the enemy AI is brutal. I'm wondering if it's linked to your difficult level for combat.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Some YouTube child found a leaked screengrab of future Marvel figures, the remaining ones look to include Vision, Black Panther, and Ant-Man. No word which one comes with the playset, though. Kind of weird that Scarlet Witch has been passed over while Cap is getting a 2nd figure.

I recommend hitting mute really quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJuTFrHyBis

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Thanks for the mute heads-up. That kid was loving awful. Vision looks odd, but good to see the Ant Man & Black Panther ones seem okay.
They really need to release the Scarlet Witch character, it'd weird that Black Widow & Gamora are the only two females from the entire set.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Also looks like Black Suit Spider-Man is getting an individual release, which I'm stoked for. I almost bought the vita version just for that figure, and I don't even have a vita.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

How is the OT Star Wars set? Anyone pick that up? Thinking about snagging it and Speedway, maybe also Vader and Han Solo. Can't have Luke and Leia without Han.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Plankton posted:

How is the OT Star Wars set? Anyone pick that up? Thinking about snagging it and Speedway, maybe also Vader and Han Solo. Can't have Luke and Leia without Han.

I liked it. I actually had to play through it twice because some weird glitch happened after I beat it the first time. It was pretty fun both times.

Speedway is kinda meh. The tracks are pretty good, but the AI is just ridiculous.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

hulkbuster is loving huge

taller than hulk, as wide as two figures. fun to play in game too.

also ultron is pretty fun, has a force pull power and can summon a bunch of ultron drones. but his voice work seems based on boring comic book ultron and not fun movie ultron

Big patch hit today I guess? not sure what it did but I assume it had some Force Awakens stuff in it since that comes out relatively soon

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
The 3rd Star Wars playset comes out in 2 days. Links in with the new film. There's also going to be 2 more standalone characters on offer. The pilot and the evil person.

Expect more Marvel news in the new year.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
I've recently been playing this on Steam and really enjoy it. I've been buying the character codes online for super cheap and have been unlocking lots of stuff. Are there any must haves I should keep my eyes open for?

P.S. please make a Ducktails set, Disney

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Overemotional Robot posted:

I've recently been playing this on Steam and really enjoy it. I've been buying the character codes online for super cheap and have been unlocking lots of stuff. Are there any must haves I should keep my eyes open for?

P.S. please make a Ducktails set, Disney

If you can get access to Toy Box Takeover it's pretty fun and a good use for anyone who has no home playsets in 3.0

Also get the Darkwing duck motorcycle

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

I got the raceway and takeover, but how do I get Darkwing's motorcycle??! Holy poo poo I have to have it. Also any Rescue Rangers or Ducktales paraphernalia.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Overemotional Robot posted:

I got the raceway and takeover, but how do I get Darkwing's motorcycle??! Holy poo poo I have to have it. Also any Rescue Rangers or Ducktales paraphernalia.

It was a D1 power disc, I don't know if there are other ways to get it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It was a Disney Infinity 2.0 power disc.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

In the PC and iOS versions you should be able to buy it in-game with sparks I think? Since there's no codes to redeem for discs

Darkwing's bike plays his theme song while you ride it in 3.0 it owns

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

In the PC and iOS versions you should be able to buy it in-game with sparks I think? Since there's no codes to redeem for discs

Darkwing's bike plays his theme song while you ride it in 3.0 it owns

Oh my god I have to have it...

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Question for the more-well-informed-than-me: We have 3.0 for the Xbox 360, but my son is getting an Xbone for Christmas, and I'm sure he'll probably start foaming at the mouth to play Infinity on the Bone.

I see I can get a digital download of the game from Xbox Live for $30, but what about the base? I see the 360 base isn't compatible with the bone.

Kelp Plankton posted:

hulkbuster is loving huge

taller than hulk, as wide as two figures. fun to play in game too.

also ultron is pretty fun, has a force pull power and can summon a bunch of ultron drones. but his voice work seems based on boring comic book ultron and not fun movie ultron

Those were the first two extras we got, and are our favorites for randomly running around blasting each other :)

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 22, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Xbox 360 and Xbone use different portals

Wii and Wii U and PS3 and PS4 all use the same one

Basically the 360 and the Xbone got screwed due to microsoft's per-system proprietary stuff. You will need a new portal, but you can get them used online cheap.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Okay, I had seen the used ones around today as I researched a bit, so I'll probably go that route and save the $20 difference.

I made a random trip to the store during lunch today and was able to grab the Force Awakens playset and Poe Dameron, so I know I--er, I mean my kiddo will be having a ball Christmas morning :D

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
So does the WiiU version of all three editions run like poo poo compared to say, PS3 and PS4? My daughter has a ton of figures but we never got into it until recently because the Wii version of 1.0 ran like dog poo poo. I wouldn't mind picking up just the game discs by themselves for PS3/4 if it means smoother gameplay.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

PS4 is where you're going to get the best performance, but from what I hear, WiiU is not bad at all (certainly better than the Wii, ew gross). 3.0 is going to run best with each diminishing version (2.0 and 1.0) running worse. I believe WiiU players' main complaint is load times but other than that it should be ok.

I think 1.0 runs best on 360 with comparable performance on PS3, but 2.0 and 3.0 run best on current-gen systems. There's definitely a visual drop between PS4/Xbone versions and PS3/360 for all applicable versions due mainly to memory and disk space differences. Nothing is as awful as the Wii version of 1.0 and that is why there is no Wii version of 2.0 or 3.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The PC versions run the best by far, but Disney insists on giving PC users the finger by locking characters / content to whatever account you enter the code on, not supporting the portal, and making it 1-player only.

• Locked thread