Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

He was. The scum doc is mostly tumbleweed. The only chat was briefly picking night actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Boo, lurker scum. Boo!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Podima posted:

I honestly don't get why Ecco shot BK to take themselves out of the game, that seemed like a really wasteful action?

I think Ecco was kind of iffy on playing to begin with so after getting a little bit of D1 heat she saw shooting herself as an out.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal great work getting a perfect early case on me.

Podima posted:

I honestly don't get why Ecco shot BK to take themselves out of the game, that seemed like a really wasteful action?

Also, was there a scumdoc? I'm curious if MMM really was as afk as he pretended to be.

It was here and there. I definitely could have played more but I do think my inactivity was a little overstated in that people kept following the cases I was making.

There was a point where I realized I couldn't win if I was the last scum and was pushing really hard to get killed so I started saying a lot of nonsense stuff and then not posting which was intentional in that I was trying to get voted out. That was a weird day for me and I didn't super enjoy it. I hope you still had a good time podima.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The random pre-alignment thing really got to me. I mistook it at first and thought Opop must be my town buddy because why else would I be protecting him? But then when that was shattered I kept going back and forth and then just came to the conclusion that if Opop was scum then I didn't really care about the game because that's lovely.

I agree that you can't really balance that, Amoeba, but it was just a lovely conclusion to come to midgame.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I had a good time, but I think I want to try one more smallish mafia game to see how it works out in practice - this game was interesting but I wish it hadn't been so unbalanced.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

At the start of the game I figured you and Ecco might get killed normally. Then Ecco purposely suicided. And then after you claimed you were never getting NK'd.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ack I just realized I'm coming across as kinda lovely about the game balance. Sorry about that, Amoeba! Been a rough day.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hey Podima you may wanna check out Emoji Mafia, its a small game for new players being hosted by Asiina. I'd link it but I'm phone posting; it should be in The Game Room or in the OP of the Mafia Discussion thread. You were fun to play with and I hope you stick around!

Same with Alehkhs! If it's something you'd want to do.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Hey Podima you may wanna check out Emoji Mafia, its a small game for new players being hosted by Asiina. I'd link it but I'm phone posting; it should be in The Game Room or in the OP of the Mafia Discussion thread. You were fun to play with and I hope you stick around!

Same with Alehkhs! If it's something you'd want to do.

hahaha I had literally just signed up right before you posted this. But thank you for the recommendation and I'm glad people didn't find me obnoxious! I will endeavor to lurk less next game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

hahaha I had literally just signed up right before you posted this. But thank you for the recommendation and I'm glad people didn't find me obnoxious! I will endeavor to lurk less next game.

We're all buddies here.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Podima posted:

Ack I just realized I'm coming across as kinda lovely about the game balance. Sorry about that, Amoeba! Been a rough day.

It's fine. The game was wildly unbalanced. Turns out that friendship is the true power.

If the gimmick wasn't in play it'd have been Godfather+Rolecop vs Cop+Doc+Tracker+1-BP+1-Vig

The Vig is more likely to kill town, but that balances against the BP. Godfather balances against the Cop. So Rolecop+Doc+Tracker. Scum were underpowered for normal roles. But the buddy powers just put everything out of whack.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I was minorly disappointed with death buddy only because it looked like it would have been an interesting 3-person lylo.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

I was minorly disappointed with death buddy only because it looked like it would have been an interesting 3-person lylo.

Yeah same. If I had lived through the NK I would have had a 50% chance of Tracker actually being useful!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I forgot Hal was BP, good thing I could never kill him anyways :bigtran:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I even said remember the bp when I died!

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Alehkhs posted:

Says the Bud Father. :colbert:

Well poo poo.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
I'm curious, did someone actually understand my list and semi-cryptic messages? I assume Birdstrike did.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Section 31 posted:

I'm curious, did someone actually understand my list and semi-cryptic messages? I assume Birdstrike did.

lol I did not :dance:

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

lol I did not :dance:
Abott is no more :colbert:

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I am amazed we won this game. Thanks amoeba!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If only I had been doc'd the night I got my Opop result.

I had a fun time. At one point I started to wonder if there were any scum at all, with instead there just being an RNG kill to try to get us all to realize the True Power of Buddyship. Then I got NK'd.

Thanks for the game!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VSP1kKbTlCKcymuIH1K36E3pN-sJIttrgKuwTjxV7sA/edit#gid=0

Mason Doc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As soon as I woke up and saw the rest of D2 I knew Opop and LUTR were scum but then you'd already lynched me :negative:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Podima posted:

I assumed that even if buddy-roles were RNG'd that Amoeba would have stepped in and not made scum the protected target of a buddy-protection, since it'd have made the game really unbalanced.

Welp.

And also:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
That is incredible

• Locked thread