Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Hal Incandenza posted:

OK yeah I just saw that.

What made you back down on Birdstrike? You were pretty confident in your scum read on him and I don't really see where you changed your mind.

Also, I have to say, knowing you were also a buddyguard and thus knew how the role worked I am a bit suspicious of your not understanding what happened with Ecco until I offered my interpretation of it.

IIRC it was mostly just his claim. Also I found him not interacting with me very suspect so when he started interacting with me and the game I felt better about him. I'd have to reread to get everything though, it was a while ago at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I feel like I've made lots, but my brain is still in vacation mode so maybe it's only clear to me. I have no power on my own, I'm vanilla and I would just pick a target for Sec to cop. I guess I confused things by saying I was a buddy cop earlier, I misspoke there

This really feels like Opop realizing he hosed up and rewriting a narrative. First he says he was a buddy cop, then he says he wasn't really a buddy cop but we know he has SOME sort of buddy role but earlier he said being a buddy cop was his buddy boon. He definitely contradicts himself (well I think he does, his wording is so all over the place it is hard to even be sure) and then sort of drops it.

Also BK, I would assume Buddyguard only comes into effect if Opop is shot by vig or NK, I don't think you would die if he were lynched, that would be more of a lovers role.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Anyway, I guess after the N1 flip I might as well claim.

I picked Asiina as my buddy (this will come as no surprise to anyone who knows us) and like Section 31 was given the role of Buddy Cop. I would choose the player to cop and Asii would get the results. Of course, that's now worthless but that's not the reason I'm claiming. Here's the good bit. chaoslord picked me as his buddy and so he got to have an unconfirmed masonry with me. After a bit of laughing about The Wire Mafia chaoslord then claims cop in our masonry. Even if I wasn't a Buddy Cop myself I still wouldn't buy someone claiming cop to an unconfirmed mason. Furthermore, chaoslord's PR is clearly the masonry that he made with me so him being a cop as well is incredulous. Last night he claims to have copped MMM to a town result but considering there's 2 Buddy Cops in this game (although now both worthless) I'm not buying it for a second.

##vote chaoslord

Here is flipped town buddycop Rarity describing her role. SHE was a buddy cop and sent her results to her buddy Asiina. Opop says no no, I don't have a buddy cop role (after saying he had a buddy cop role) but then he describes the buddy cop role as what he does. He's not making any sense, probably because he can't keep his story straight.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

This really feels like Opop realizing he hosed up and rewriting a narrative. First he says he was a buddy cop, then he says he wasn't really a buddy cop but we know he has SOME sort of buddy role but earlier he said being a buddy cop was his buddy boon. He definitely contradicts himself (well I think he does, his wording is so all over the place it is hard to even be sure) and then sort of drops it.

Also BK, I would assume Buddyguard only comes into effect if Opop is shot by vig or NK, I don't think you would die if he were lynched, that would be more of a lovers role.

It says I will die in place of him, either by kill or execution. Amoeba uses execute for lynch. I could PM him about it I guess.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

It says I will die in place of him, either by kill or execution. Amoeba uses execute for lynch. I could PM him about it I guess.

Yeah that sounds like you would die either way, that's rough.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Hal Incandenza posted:

Here is flipped town buddycop Rarity describing her role. SHE was a buddy cop and sent her results to her buddy Asiina. Opop says no no, I don't have a buddy cop role (after saying he had a buddy cop role) but then he describes the buddy cop role as what he does. He's not making any sense, probably because he can't keep his story straight.

If you want to discuss someone not knowing what role they have...

Hal Incandenza posted:

No idea what Gym Buddy would be though.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha, I take that back! I was Gym Buddies with LutR so I was spotting her and watched her every night.

:nallears:

Regarding Opop, they muddied the poo poo out of it, but got it right overall:

PR is "Town-aligned Vanilla," buddy boon is "Buddy Cop," as seen here:

Amoeba102 posted:

Section 31, Town-aligned Vanilla, Buddy Cop, has been unfriended Day 1.

in this case, I suspect that Section 31 got that boon from a third person in the chain.

Opop ---[BCop results]--> Section 31 ---[BCop results]--> Third Person (we'll never know who)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alehkhs posted:

If you want to discuss someone not knowing what role they have...

:nallears:

Regarding Opop, they muddied the poo poo out of it, but got it right overall:

PR is "Town-aligned Vanilla," buddy boon is "Buddy Cop," as seen here:

in this case, I suspect that Section 31 got that boon from a third person in the chain.

Opop ---[BCop results]--> Section 31 ---[BCop results]--> Third Person (we'll never know who)

Actually smartass I knew what role I had I just forgot it was called Gym Buddy. I had no questions about how my role worked.

I disagree, Opop did not get it right at all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

From what Opop has described, his role should be given to him as Town-Aligned Vanilla, Buddy Cop

But at various times he claims different things before finally going, well no I am vanilla, I didn't mean to imply I was a buddy cop because in his mind buddy cop is the one who gets results or something, but that doesn't jibe with his PM, or with Asiina's flip (Rarity's recipient of her buddy copping) which listed Asiina as Victory Buddy.

Despite what Opop is trying to say (that he's now vanilla because his buddy is dead) he should still know he IS a buddy cop, it's what supposedly is right there in his role PM.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opop described the role as "he tells section 31 who to cop", Rarity described it as "I cop someone and Asiina gets the results". It's a subtle but meaningful difference and makes me think Opop was making his up.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Actually smartass I knew what role I had I just forgot it was called Gym Buddy. I had no questions about how my role worked.

Also to go back to this point (which I assume you are making in reference to what I said about BK), it's a far cry from forgetting the flavor name of your role to BK having the same role as the one that was used to save him in the most significant event of the game and not making the connection to his own role and how it worked.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also to go back to this point (which I assume you are making in reference to what I said about BK), it's a far cry from forgetting the flavor name of your role to BK having the same role as the one that was used to save him in the most significant event of the game and not making the connection to his own role and how it worked.

that was a pretty serious tactical error by me but I just read my role PM wrong. It's why I don't fault you for forgetting your name!

It's actually the same thing, just different contexts.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 4

MMM Whatchya Say (1): BottleKnight
Hal Incandenza (0): BottleKnight, BottleKnight

Not Voting (6): Alehkhs, Birdstrike, Hal Incandenza, MMM Whatchya Say, Opopanax, Podima

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 16 hours, 34 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

From what Opop has described, his role should be given to him as Town-Aligned Vanilla, Buddy Cop

But at various times he claims different things before finally going, well no I am vanilla, I didn't mean to imply I was a buddy cop because in his mind buddy cop is the one who gets results or something, but that doesn't jibe with his PM, or with Asiina's flip (Rarity's recipient of her buddy copping) which listed Asiina as Victory Buddy.

Despite what Opop is trying to say (that he's now vanilla because his buddy is dead) he should still know he IS a buddy cop, it's what supposedly is right there in his role PM.

:shrug: yeah. I'm not though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

:shrug: yeah. I'm not though

Ok what is your buddy role?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

What are all the claims at this point?

We have town reads on Hal and alehkhs leaving podima, opop, BottleKnight and birdstrike right?

Bottleknights buddy guard claim seems legit to me also I like his solving stuff. Town read here.

Opop I think is scum, but I guess that's not an option right now.

Podima seems fine to me.

Birdstrike I've mostly been passing based on doc claim but that might be good to look at again.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It is possible I misunderstood the buddy cop thing completely.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Opopanax posted:

It is possible I misunderstood the buddy cop thing completely.

So...

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok what is your buddy role?

A nice, clear answer would be great.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am a buddycop, I just read things properly and the fact that I'm also VT threw so me, so I kinda missed it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I've been thinking about this. LUTR prodded Hal to post more D1 instead of being useless. Hal, instead of ignoring this and continuing to play like Hal does, actually posted quite a bit and the prod was successful. People even commented that it was not Hal-like behavior (MMM? I'm not doing a full reread). So now that we know LUTR is scum, I think that, for sure, that interaction was forced, fake content for scum. What reason would scum LUTR have to prod players D1? It was a scum-to-scum interaction.

##vote Hal

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Idk the way LUTR was talking to me I think she just doesn't Hals play style. I think Hal is a bad lead.

A better direction would be the non copped players opop and birdstrike.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Although I don't really have anything for birdstrike, I think opop is the top priority buddy guard stuff or not.

##vote opop

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I mean really, opop lies as scum all the time. In the last amoeba game I think he was the only one who lied. Lemme dig through his post history while this game has my attention.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I always lie, except for right now

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Although I don't really have anything for birdstrike, I think opop is the top priority buddy guard stuff or not.

##vote opop

I would happily die for your lynch I guess??

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If you're protecting a bad guy you can't win and stay alive bk.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

If you're protecting a bad guy you can't win and stay alive bk.

I know, I know.

and I've been terrible at finding scum this game but I've been trying and honestly if the setup allows town to be bodyguards for a scum then that sucks anyways!

but yeah lynching me (well, opop, and probably then me) isn't a terrible idea.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

But also if you're scum MMM this is a beautiful opportunity for you to do a chain lynch, get 4 townies dead and win the game. Honestly.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah, why exactly am I a top priority, MMM? You didn't really mention me until you decided I was scum, but I don't think you've said why yet.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've mentioned you being scum before I'm pretty sure!

It's top priority because if we let you slip by for too long you just can't be killed, assuming bk is accurately describing his role

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Idk the way LUTR was talking to me I think she just doesn't Hals play style. I think Hal is a bad lead.

A better direction would be the non copped players opop and birdstrike.

Wait, what's this about?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just went through LUTR's history and she never mentions Hal to you

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

She said something about Hal being a trash player and I don't think that's related to her alignment

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Opopanax posted:

I just went through LUTR's history and she never mentions Hal to you

Oh it must have just been to the thread in general

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Have you claimed, MMM? I kind of feel like we're at that point in the game, and you're being squirrelly

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm VT

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

And nothing else that needs saying.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

And nothing else that needs saying.

read: 'buddykiller' :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

I've been thinking about this. LUTR prodded Hal to post more D1 instead of being useless. Hal, instead of ignoring this and continuing to play like Hal does, actually posted quite a bit and the prod was successful. People even commented that it was not Hal-like behavior (MMM? I'm not doing a full reread). So now that we know LUTR is scum, I think that, for sure, that interaction was forced, fake content for scum. What reason would scum LUTR have to prod players D1? It was a scum-to-scum interaction.

##vote Hal

That's like the flimsiest reason to vote a cleared person I've ever seen. So you are back to thinking I lied about being 1-shot BP? Why would I not just say vanilla or something that actually sounded useful then? Why claim something testable? Why would I need LutR to prompt me in the thread instead of a scumdoc? I could have just come in and post. Also why would she have to be so mean?

Stop forcing your narrative onto me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

anybody around?

• Locked thread