Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Trying to artifically inflate your post count, scum found!

Soon I will break the "40 post per game" average on Votefinder, and then I will be a Real Mafia Player

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Rarity posted:

None of you deserve me as your buddy. None of you!

Except Opop I guess he's pretty chill

breadcrumb!!!!! I figured you out!!!!!

Podima posted:

Yikes I can barely follow all this unbuddylike conversing!

So how are your respective days going, pals?

It's going great! My phone that I got two days ago was acting up so I took it to the sprint store and got it replaced for totally free. Best of all, they didn't need the charger or earbuds back so now I have two pairs of each! Which is especially good about the charger since it's a proprietary Samsung "fast charging" one. A very good day, bud. Yours?

Opopanax posted:

I'm impressed we made it this far without anyone accusing anyone else of buddying up

I am buddying up with everyone in this thread. Everyone!

Asiina posted:

Trying to artifically inflate your post count, scum found!

If someone makes a scumslip in the forest, is anyone there to still be their buddy?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The only disappointing thing about this game is that my bestest forums buddy, derp, was not able to join us because he is in another hemisphere! I hope he's having a good time.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hey BottleKnight are they earbuds? Or earbuddies?:classiclol:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

It's going great! My phone that I got two days ago was acting up so I took it to the sprint store and got it replaced for totally free. Best of all, they didn't need the charger or earbuds back so now I have two pairs of each! Which is especially good about the charger since it's a proprietary Samsung "fast charging" one. A very good day, bud. Yours?

Can't complain too much, chum! It's rainy outside finally - area's been in a semi-drought situation with this crazy hot summer - and I'm working from home today and tomorrow, so it's been a mostly relaxing day of watching the rain come down while yelling at people.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BottleKnight posted:

I am buddying up with everyone in this thread. Everyone!

##vote bottleknight Buddying up

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

Hey BottleKnight are they earbuds? Or earbuddies?:classiclol:

Earbuds. I mean, why would they call them- Oh, haha. I get it! Oh man, you jokester.

Podima posted:

Can't complain too much, chum! It's rainy outside finally - area's been in a semi-drought situation with this crazy hot summer - and I'm working from home today and tomorrow, so it's been a mostly relaxing day of watching the rain come down while yelling at people.

Yelling!? That doesn't sound buddylike at all!!!! Who would do that!?!?!?!

Opopanax posted:

##vote bottleknight Buddying up

You will be my buddy, Opopanax! If that is your real name!

And if it isn't I'll still embrace you because you're my bud!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Honestly looking up that Heavyweights clip from earlier makes me want to watch Heavyweights again. Such a good movie. It's my favorite childhood movie that's actually good, with either Good Burger or Space Jam being my favorite childhood movie that's really really bad.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
##vote Birdstrike

Birdstrike, why did you change your avatar from Tony Abbott, eh? Many people know he's scummy...

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Just minutes ago, your avatar was some kind of tents? Immigration camp, perhaps? Hiding something?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Section 31 posted:

Just minutes ago, your avatar was some kind of tents? Immigration camp, perhaps? Hiding something?

Its all on display, though what's on display is that I'm a moron for posting in D&D.

Suffice to say the people in my avatar are not my buddies.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
rarity/opop buddies-scum? me buddy-town. who else buddy-town? lmk in the comments~ ;)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Hi buddies, I took a nap so I'd be in a good mood and I had an awesome dream so I'm in a great mood!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
what was the dream!!

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

Suffice to say the people in my avatar are not my buddies.
Your master, then? :v:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi buddies I am frantically packing for a trip to miserable Boise, Idaho!

Someone cheer me up

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Section 31 posted:

Your master, then? :v:

:suicide:

I was rereading Rarity/Ecco just then and Rarity said that none of us "deserved" to be her buddies.

I actually agree with this, seems legit.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Someone cheer me up

I am having a troubled time reading the book of your namesake. It's enjoyable prose but it really is a cross country event.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Someone cheer me up

Here are some unlikely animal buddies to cheer you up

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hedgehogs own. The real ones, not the fast anthropomorphic freak shows.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thank you asiina I feel much bettter

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Space buddies

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Done with work for the day and gonna just ignore the picture above this post because :smith:

How's everyone doing tonight?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Podima posted:

How's everyone doing tonight?
I'm doing well how are you? Are you new? I don't think I've seen you around here before.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I'm doing well how are you? Are you new? I don't think I've seen you around here before.

I am new, in fact! MMM chatted me up in the Awful Survivor vista doc and invited me to try Mafia out. I've been lurking/spectating some of the active games, so I decided to give it a shot!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Podima posted:

I am new, in fact! MMM chatted me up in the Awful Survivor vista doc and invited me to try Mafia out. I've been lurking/spectating some of the active games, so I decided to give it a shot!

Welcome buddy! This is a good game for chill people.

I think Alehkhs is also new?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Podima posted:

yes welcome!

okay well since you're new AND a buddy I will let you know about the rolleyes gambit! It's a really old thing in mafia that someone noticed a long time ago but has held true way more often than not:
When a mafia player is called scum they don't react naturally because they know in their heart it's correct. So they have to fake it! And one of the tell-tale signs is a sarcastic : rolleyes :.

It usually goes like this:
"You are scum!"
"Yeah, right. :rolleyes:" <-- SO FAKE

that was essentially what rarity did! The rolleyes emote is just so over-the-top sarcastic that it pushes it into Faketown, U.S.A. (or in Rarity's case Insincereshire, U.K.).

Combined with Rarity inadvertently scumclaiming in her first post by (essentially) calling us all not her buddies, it makes me think she's not our buddy at all.

We should vote for her!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Textbook casing

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

yes welcome!

okay well since you're new AND a buddy I will let you know about the rolleyes gambit! It's a really old thing in mafia that someone noticed a long time ago but has held true way more often than not:
When a mafia player is called scum they don't react naturally because they know in their heart it's correct. So they have to fake it! And one of the tell-tale signs is a sarcastic : rolleyes :.

It usually goes like this:
"You are scum!"
"Yeah, right. :rolleyes:" <-- SO FAKE

that was essentially what rarity did! The rolleyes emote is just so over-the-top sarcastic that it pushes it into Faketown, U.S.A. (or in Rarity's case Insincereshire, U.K.).

Combined with Rarity inadvertently scumclaiming in her first post by (essentially) calling us all not her buddies, it makes me think she's not our buddy at all.

We should vote for her!

Thanks for the explanation, buddy! I do have one question, though... Isn't it also said that the first person who jumps on casing someone else could also be scum?! :kiddo: Just wondering!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Textbook casing

Agreed, it's too textbook!

I think Ecco is jumping on an easy case.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Podima posted:

Thanks for the explanation, buddy! I do have one question, though... Isn't it also said that the first person who jumps on casing someone else could also be scum?! :kiddo: Just wondering!

I mean lots of things are said, but if someone is saying that particular thing, then I think they're mistaken! Scum generally play reactively, that is, they don't want to rock the boat or draw attention to themselves, since attention is what gets them caught. For instance, "all scum" games (where everyone is secretly a mafia or something) tend to stagnate because nobody makes cases.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

what was the dream!!

This dude I've got a thing for invited me to a beach bonfire with his friends and it was nighttime and he kept smiling this incredible smile and I drank peach beer and he kissed me on a dune.

It is kinda silly typing it out, but it was a very sensory dream, like I could feel cool damp sandy soil and smell the dude's wet hair in the dream and when I woke up it felt more like a very pleasant memory than a dream at all.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Also ecks please stop Mafia dadding.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

Agreed, it's too textbook!

I think Ecco is jumping on an easy case.

I think that's a bad way to look at it. I think you would rather play with Rarity than not, and you're willing to overlook little scumtells as a result. I think you should consider it objectively and realize it's probably more likely to be correct than incorrect, especially for a "first hours of day 1" case.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Look Under The Rock posted:

Also ecks please stop Mafia dadding.

This is a very rude statement LUTR, I'm simply helping a buddy with their questions and providing them with context they don't have. Would you rather Podima remain in the dark?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I would rather chill with everyone and talk about dreams and stuff.

So in return for town not voting anyone, mafia should not nightmurder anyone, and it will be Colbert and dune romance all the way :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The dark is generally unpleasant and impossible to understand anyone in, so I like not being in it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Birdstrike posted:

I think Alehkhs is also new?

Indeed I am, buddy Birdstrike.

Figured I'd try some new things, meet new people. I think it's a good idea to try and talk with a new person every day.

• Locked thread