Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Thanks BK, rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:ghost: :v: :ghost:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah chaos died a while ago

:cripes: I thought we still had a cop around.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here's BK's list again, updated for current events:

confirmed thru flip:

ecco - town-aligned vig, buddyguards with BK
Section 31 - town-aligned vanilla, buddycop (unconfirmed: with Opop)
Asiina, town-aligned vanilla, victory buddy
Rarity, town-aligned vanilla, buddy cop (unconfirmed: with Asiina), masons with chaos
LUTR - scum
chaoslord - cop, masons with rarity
BK - vanilla, buddyguards with Opop
Birdstrike - doc, buddy power unknown, says he learned I am town

unconfirmed (everyone who's alive):

Alehkhs: buddies with Birdstrike?
Hal - 1-shot bp, watches buddy LUTR every night
MMM - unknown
Opop - vanilla, buddycop with Section 31
Podima - unknown

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is basically LYLO isn't it? We have to lynch a scum today, and at that point if there's a scum left, their NK will leave us at 1 scum and 2 town. Otherwise if we lynch a town today, we would have 1 or 2 scum and 2 town left, which is game over.

At this point I'm leaning Opop. I think the reasons yesterday are still valid, and it sucks that a scum could have a buddyguard. But it is what it is.

Other than that, MMM has been acting scummy as gently caress with his extended lurking and inability to commit to a vote, so I would also vote him. MMM, what's up? You have to know how bad this looks by now, and you're the one who got me into this mess. :mad:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I'm leaning MMM. I think Opop was just an idiot when it came to comprehending/explaining their role as a buddy cop. Unfortunately, we lost two townies last night, so it's win or lose today.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): Alehkhs, Hal Incandenza, MMM Whatchya Say, Opopanax, Podima

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 23rd, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

:siren:Deadline Reduced:siren:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I could see MMM or Hal

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Or no, not Hal, Hal's been ok mostly

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Opopanax posted:

I could see MMM or Hal

This is where I am. Hal had some interesting interaction with LUtR on several levels - in-thread bickering as has been noted before, but then the whol "gym buddies" thing is weird.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I can't believe you guys are saying you might vote me. Did you forget that I've been copped town?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I can't believe you guys are saying you might vote me. Did you forget that I've been copped town?

Says the Bud Father. :colbert:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

What happened to you yesterday?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

What happened to you yesterday?

I was doing a bit of drinking :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Who copped you town?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Look deadline is today! Yikes!

MMM has avoided content... all game! Drunk or not at yesterdays deadline, he can't possibly be drunk all the time. Or can he?

Regardless, even with an investigation on him, content-wise he and Opop are the most lacking. Neither has really made an effort to make a case over multiple game days at this point. If they are both scum I am a little ashamed of them.

Podima gives me mostly good vibes, Alekhs gives me a lot of weird feelings but also new guy feelings so it's hard to parse what is awkward and new and what is actually scummy.

Alehkhs posted:

This is where I am. Hal had some interesting interaction with LUtR on several levels - in-thread bickering as has been noted before, but then the whol "gym buddies" thing is weird.

What's weird about the gym buddies thing? I actually corrected myself almost instantly when I checked my own PM. If you mean it's weird that I forgot that is what I was (since I have given other people a hard time about not understanding their roles) you have to consider the situations:

Buddyguard -> Bodyguard
Buddy Cop -> Cop

are a lot harder to forget/misunderstand than

Gym Buddy -> Watcher

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Look, opop is clearly scum and I'm betting Hal is the last scum from the way he's prepping a vote on me. He costing off a BP claim, which is a very easy claim to make and handily explains why he hasn't been killed despite being copped town. So I'm guessing he's a godfather and is trying to just ride on town cred from getting copped. Book em danno.

Nothing else for me to say really.

##vote opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's got to be hal or MMM, and MMM really has not done a damned thing this game, which is unlike him.

##vote mmm

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Watch Podima kill us all in their first game (this is gonna happen, isn't it?). Too drat squeaky clean all game.

Opopanax posted:

It's got to be hal or MMM, and MMM really has not done a damned thing this game, which is unlike him.

##vote mmm

I'm also feeling MMM right now.

##vote MMM Whatchya Say

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It's a bit weird to say I haven't done anything when people keep following me to the vote like the first vote and the most recent one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't feel Podima for scum at all, and I don't see LUTR bussing a newbie scumbuddy that hard so Alekhs doesn't fit either.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Remember who is bp

##vote mmm

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:unsmigghh: :redhammer: :unsmigghh:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That wasn't very buddy

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 5

MMM Whatchya Say (3): Opopanax, Alehkhs, MMM Whatchya Say
Opopanax (0): MMM Whatchya Say, MMM Whatchya Say

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, Podima

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 23rd, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 23 minutes.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

MMM Watchya Say, Scum-aligned Godfather, Death Buddy, has been been forgotten Day 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bQGRRolrg0
Podima, Town-aligned Tracker, Pen Pal, has died Day 5.

It is now Night 5. Actions promptly please.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Alehkhs, Town-aligned Vanilla, BuddyCop, has been killed Night 5.

It is now Day 6.

Everyone has remained friends Day 6.

No one has died Night 6.

Everyone has remained friends Day 7.

Hal Incandenza, Town-aligned Bulletproof, Gym Buddy, has been kiled Night 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgNFpOYSOVg
Opopanax, Scum-aligned Rolecoop, Pen Pal, has won the game for the scum Day 8.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I was a buddyguard for a damned scum. A damned canadian scum!!

Good game all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Alehkhs, Town-aligned Vanilla, BuddyCop, has been killed Night 5.

It is now Day 6.

Everyone has remained friends Day 6.

No one has died Night 6.

Everyone has remained friends Day 7.

Hal Incandenza, Town-aligned Bulletproof, Gym Buddy, has been kiled Night 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgNFpOYSOVg
Opopanax, Scum-aligned Rolecoop, Pen Pal, has won the game for the scum Day 8.

Haha, may as well have done this 2 nights ago. We were doomed!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Opopanax posted:

:shrug: yeah. I'm not though

you were!!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

I was a buddyguard for a damned scum. A damned canadian scum!!

Good game all.

And a scum who could take someone with him! Tough setup!

Thanks Amoeba, even if I had two frustrating games in a row you're still my favorite mod

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say Deaths Podima Godfather
Opopanax Pen Pals Section 31 Role Cop
Look Under The Rock Gym Buddies BottleKnight Goon
Chaoslord Masons with Rarity Cop
Birdstrike Pen Pals Section 31 Doc
Eccoraven Guard BottleKnight Vig 1 shot
Podima Pen Pals MMM Tracker
Hal Incandenza Gyms LUTR BP 1 shot
BottleKnight Guards Opop Vanilla
Alehkhs Cops to Birdstrike Vanilla
Asiina Victory Rarity Vanilla
Rarity Cops to Asiina Vanilla
Section 31 Cops to BottleKnight Vanilla

Victory Buddies You and your buddy have an alernate win condition! You two can win together if you're both alive at endgame. Your can still win normally.
Death Buddies You and your buddy can't live if living is without each other. You and your buddy will die if the other dies.
Mason Buddies You may chat to your buddy in the provided Google Doc ONLY. They will not be told who you are, so you can only chat in the doc.
Buddy Cops You're buddy cops! You work together to fight crime in this city, and get up to wacky hijinks. Fun for the whole family. You do the investigating, and your buddy gets the results.Quite a duo. Each night you can cop another player, and your buddy will recieve the results.
Pen Pals Each night you can send one anonymous message to yoru buddy. PM me the message and I'll see that it gets delivered.
Gym Buddies You spend a lot of time spotting your buddy. You'll be notified if anyone visits your buddy at night.
Buddygaurds You'd die for your buddy! You will put die in place of your buddy, by either kills or execution.

This game wasn't balanced, but because everyone got to pick their buddy, it wasn't ever going to be balanced.
The roles for the game were picked by RNG. Roles were assigned by RNG. And Buddy powers were assigned by RNG. The mix of Buddy powers was up to the RNG, i just did a d7 for each player and they got the corresponding power. That's why there was so many Buddy cops.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha, may as well have done this 2 nights ago. We were doomed!

Town had a chance! Slim, but it was a chance.
If you had executed Opopanax first. Or if Birdstrike protected themselves instead of Opopanax the night they died.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Town had a chance! Slim, but it was a chance.
If you had executed Opopanax first. Or if Birdstrike protected themselves instead of Opopanax the night they died.

Yeah it's true we did, I was going to say to wait on MMM because his hidden power was probably going to be something like what it was.

All those cops and never got an actual scum result!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Chaoslord got Opop the night he died.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Haha yeah I asked Amoeba if I could self-doc, he said yes but I was like "nah I'll still doc Opop" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

good game folks :) Thanks for running Amoeba

Podima and Alehkhs you did very well for new players I thought.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks - that was an intensely frustrating game as a newbie tracker. No useful results and town was doomed long before the end actually came with scum having those buddy powers. :sigh:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for running though Amoeba, and thanks to MMM for tempting me into playing even if you killed me in the end and ignored all my messages!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ecco and BottleKnight forming a BuddyGuard chain for Opop was a pretty good coincidence, but next time I might exert more influence on the setup in some way. If I do a similar thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly don't get why Ecco shot BK to take themselves out of the game, that seemed like a really wasteful action?

Also, was there a scumdoc? I'm curious if MMM really was as afk as he pretended to be.

• Locked thread