Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

In as long as I have a vig. Got a good plan for it :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hello everyone, happy to see I actually made it in this game after Amoeba didn't update to include me in the OP before locking the thread and in no other way acknowledged my sign up post :argh:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

Yikes I can barely follow all this unbuddylike conversing!

So how are your respective days going, pals?

It has been okay. I am back at work after being sick which is good in that I'm back to work but bad in that the first day I worked this week is Thursday because I just don't want to be here. Which is why I am posting itt instead.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

Yikes I can barely follow all this unbuddylike conversing!

So how are your respective days going, pals?

It has been okay. I am back at work after being sick which is good in that I'm back to work but bad in that the first day I worked this week is Thursday because I just don't want to be here. Which is why I am posting itt instead.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

There is a 30 second restriction on posting back to back how did that not get caught by it :psyduck:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh. Well, point still stands, the second one of those should have been caught.

More posts for me, though.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Trying to artifically inflate your post count, scum found!

Soon I will break the "40 post per game" average on Votefinder, and then I will be a Real Mafia Player

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Good morning everyone, it is Friday and I am unmotivated at work. Who wants to chat?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Section 31 posted:

Playing games at work is even scummier than scummiest mafia scum.

This seems like an overreaction. I'm watching you.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

hello 12 hours ago!

I am glad to know that even though your place and my place are many, many timezones apart, that life is basically the same everywhere

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Section 31 posted:

Do your coworkers and boss watch you watching me?

Nah, I can Alt+Tab with the best of them

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

Anyone else heading out to get Mario Maker today?

Apparently imgur is blocked at work but pretend I posted a screenshot here of my UPS tracking saying Mario Maker is out for delivery

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

at my old office everyone had macs and I know they're probably the same but it was dumb. also my boss worked outside the office so I'd rarely see her but whenever I did she always SNUCK UP on me and of course I'd have something stupid open and I'd be left stumbling over my words and then she'd do this smirk thing that says "I don't care but this is funny to me also try harder next time." it was embarrassing.

I have almost had a similar interaction with the CEO here twice (him just randomly appearing at my desk), but I was lucky enough to have closed out of the nonsense I was looking at and actually be working when he did show up.

I miss the days of facing the flow of traffic.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:suspense:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I guess I don't understand the logic behind that move. "BEWARE Rarity, but I'm gonna shoot BK, bye"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Section 31

That's what I feel best about. Will try to be back before deadline but no promises

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

Zero content vote #3, basically promising to lurk for the rest of the day.

You were lucky you got that post from me, the reception in War Memorial Stadium was terrible. Had I known the piggies were gonna blow it I would have saved myself the trouble.

Per gut, I don't like the MMM vote. I'll be around to make posts and generally be useless content wise tonight if anyone wants to laugh about the Cowboys/Giants game with me. I'll be around making Actual Good Posts tomorrow once I've had a chance to reread things.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

At this point I want to see justification from chaoslord and LUtR. I'll go back and reread MMM's post from d1 in a bit to see what I think of it.

Section 31's posts were terrible and I thought they were coming from a scum

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Look Under The Rock posted:

Rarity, did chaos claim an alignment for mmm?

I have a town result for MMM

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Didn't mean to hit post yet yet. Add

"Which Rarity did say here:

Rarity posted:

Last night he claims to have copped MMM to a town result but considering there's 2 Buddy Cops in this game (although now both worthless) I'm not buying it for a second.
"

to the end of my last post in your heads, tia

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

haha another new prime minister :hurr:

chaoslord is rarity full of BS?
Also if you're a cop who can have a masonbuddy why wouldn't you investigate your masonbuddy to make it a confirmed masonry?

Rarity told the truth.

I thought it over but in my mind it was worth the risk to not bother. Rarity's play hadn't bothered me and it seemed like we were going to have a good masonry. Combine that with this being a smaller game and I made the decision to roll the dice. It also has seemingly worked out in my favor, apart from the being outed thing. Rarity doesn't believe me anyway so what good is me confirming that Rarity is town when the masonry at this point is dead? Like, I get all town results from a cop are good, but now I haven't "wasted" my cop to preserve the integrity of the masonry because I doubt Rarity will be involved with it anymore. I have a cop result on a person I ended up agreeing was worth a look, which is more useful to me personally.

Worst case? Rarity + MMM Scum team where MMM is the godfather and she pointed to me to clear him. I don't believe this, but that's the logical extreme for bad end of things.

Best case? All three of us (well, four including Asiina) are town.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Rarity posted:

Furthermore, chaoslord's PR is clearly the masonry that he made with me so him being a cop as well is incredulous.

Feel like I should clarify here, my PR is the cop, the masonry was granted as my "buddy boon"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Did Rarity suggest you cop MMM?

Rarity gave me MMM's name after I asked for some input because I wasn't getting many feelings outside of Section 31.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

But even more obviously, just lol at Opop both misunderstanding how buddycops work, and claiming buddycop with a dead guy to claim VT. :dance:

##vote Opop

This is the point that I'm hung up on.

Rarity is claiming that as the Buddy Cop, they sent results to Asiina, a VT.

Opop is claiming that as VT, they sent results to Section 31, a Buddy Cop.

Those can't exist together, surely, which is why Opop is voting Rarity. I keep going back and forth on who I think is lying about it though.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Alehkhs posted:

Well poo poo - this all became a mess over the last page or so.

The whole thing with Rarity and Chaos is weird - but with there being a buddy-cop system in place it just seems really off that there would then be normal cop. As much as the :spooky: Rarity curse :spooky: concerns me, I gotta say...

the buddyless cop is no buddy of mine. :colbert:

##vote chaoslord

Historically I am very sensitive to votes against me, but this reads to me as really forced. Am I the only one who thinks that?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Opopanax posted:

Chaos, why did you claim, anyways? And why not check Rarity right away?

I decided to take a gamble. This might end up being the last game I can do for a little while so I thought I'd try something different. Worst case I'd get NK'd N1, best case we're both town and I didn't "waste" a night trying to confirm a masonry. Obviously a cop result of any sort is never a waste, but it seems like a waste of a result to do it backwards like that.

Sure, ideal play is to not claim and cop them N1, I won't argue that at all. If Rarity is town, though, then investigating them N1 would have led us right back here because Rarity would have the same reasons to doubt my cop claim as they posted already. Which means the cop(s) are outed and there is one less result (MMM being town) to go around.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

I believe Amoeba said that the buddy power stuff was assigned before alignments and roles were assigned. So that means that anyone, town or scum, could be a buddycop. So why would they try to correct someone else's buddy power claim unless they had the exact info to do it? It's ridiculously risky as scum to correct someone else's claim if they don't have the exact information. So I'm saying that 1) I don't think scum would fakeclaim there and 2) I think claiming a buddy power (or correcting them, whatever) is alignment neutral unless you are caught lying.

To anyone reading this, if I am wrong about the layout of this game then please correct me!

I like the cut of your jib. I absolutely cannot fathom what scum opop would have to gain by CCing there. I also have a hard time seeing why scum rarity wouldn't have just pulled the trigger on me. I know there are plenty of reasons you can come up with for either but I don't buy them.

##vote birdstrike

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Work never stops.

So true.

I'm here and will be here until deadline

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Just under an hour til deadline

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##unvote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Rarity

Opop was postin in another game recently and podima said they'd be back before deadline so I think we have enough votes

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

It's almost as if I was typing up that post at the same time as you. Spooooooooooky

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I meant to quote bottleknight saying he wished I was here, I'm not so self important I just announce my thread entry every time

You should start doing this tbh

Be aware that deadline is in 20

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

The buddy power thing is a unique mechanic to this game, so I can't really speak to how expected or unexpected any of this is. Cops, as well, are a huge variable that differ greatly game to game. Nothing is 'usual' about any of this in my experience, so it's impossible to rely on setup spec until we have more information. That's just my take on it though.

I would say 0 or 1 cops is pretty typical in a "normal" setup, but yeah the buddy thing makes things weird

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MMM, did you see Hal's claim?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal's town

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Opopanax posted:

A game with a bunch of buddy cops, then a regular cop who is insane or something, would be Amoeba as gently caress. I don't actually have any evidence to support it but I'm not going to be surprised if there's something wrong with choas. Assuming he's telling the truth.

Well if I'm insane then I have found two scum :toot:

I'm going to operate under the assumption that I'm sane, though.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Probably not voting MMM/Hal/BK due to cop results. Likely will be voting Podima or Alehkhs. May be short sighted but that's where I'm at right now. Gonna spend some time this evening reading and thinking.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yeah, I'm on board

##vote Alehkhs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Happy birthday MMM :toot:

• Locked thread