Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Capybara is gonna set a high score record if the one tomorrow goes off. I think 218 is the low for the top 10 of all time.

The Zack posted:

And that's with a goose egg from Fuller. Nice work, new guy

My opponent in my other league had Aaron Jones, Mahomes, Diggs, the Pittsburgh defense, and like three other killer plays so it all balances out. Too bad Jacobs couldn’t get it done though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I haven't discussed this with the other commissioners but I'm gonna say no taxi squad thefts declarable until MFL unfucks its injury designations. At the moment there are zero injuries showing on all of our combined rosters, including players who have been on IR for weeks. That's going to prevent anyone from managing their roster appropriately until it's fixed.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
They must queue it up for after the games are done for the week.

6am EST and everyone is OUT or IR properly.

Weird

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

Spermy Smurf posted:

They must queue it up for after the games are done for the week.

6am EST and everyone is OUT or IR properly.

Weird

They made changes before that though. I had some players status change yesterday, one guy that was out got marked as not out. That made sense, but it didn't make sense that the obvious broken players didn't get updated.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

trdn89 posted:

My opponent in my other league had Aaron Jones, Mahomes, Diggs, the Pittsburgh defense, and like three other killer plays so it all balances out. Too bad Jacobs couldn’t get it done though!

I think your biggest problem was 0 points from Will Fuller and Rivers not doing so good. I was rooting for you because there was no way I was going to win.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK since MFL seems to have unfucked itself, taxi squad thefts should be open as usual?

Normally I think we want owners to have a chance to shuffle their players before we open theft; since MNF ends fairly late for you guys on the east coast, if MFL isn't going to get stuff fixed until early tuesday AM, maybe theft should start a bit later in the day on Tuesday? Any comments?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I posted in a few threads on reddit and got absolutely eviscerated about MFL not having correct designations until late late late Monday night.

They all say it's always been this way, but it hasn't has it? Its new, maybe a glitch or something this week right?

Steals are full go as far as I'm concerned.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
How long does someone have to respond to a taxi steal?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
24hrs. Steals need to be posted here, trade sent, and $5 FAAB non-refundable.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's 48 hours (rule 9.10.2)

And the response is either "OK I accept the steal" or "OK I commit to starting this player in his next match". If you do the latter you have to promote the player in time to start them but you have time to do a waiver transaction or trade etc. to clear space or whatever, you don't have to instantly promote them.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

It's 48 hours (rule 9.10.2)

The best commish strikes again by not knowing or reading the rules. :hfive:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sometimes I almost feel like maybe you don't keep the rules doc open in a tab 100% of the time, but that's crazy talk

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
If we have 48 hours to respond to a steal, I don't think it matters that much when the stealing can begin. Unless I'm missing something

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Zack posted:

If we have 48 hours to respond to a steal, I don't think it matters that much when the stealing can begin. Unless I'm missing something

If your roster is full of dudes who are definitely going on IR, and that's preventing you from promoting your first round pick back off the taxi squad to protect him from being stolen, then your only option is to drop a player. It sucks to have to do that just because MFL is taking a few extra hours to make an IR designation.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Also we really like rules.

A guy who uses fleaflicker said they don't reset IR/OUT designations until Wednesday after waivers.

So if someone is out during the game and marked as such you can throw them on IR when the game ends.

Not a perfect solution, but I wouldn't be sitting on an injured Sterling Sheperd that I cant move to IR till friday.

But on the other hand it would hurt more than help I think. James Connor last week was out, then ran for 100yds the next week since he wasn't going to be out more than just half a game.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 22, 2020

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, in this case MFL didn't just not update with new injuries, on Monday night all currently injured players' designations disappeared, including players who are on IR and not eligible to return. I can't fathom why they'd do that.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Isn't an email required for a steal too? I hope so.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I’d like to buy one of your finest WR’s sirs.

Picks and top notch defense is available.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I have 14 WRs I think.

I dont want defense though. Zeke available?

Lego Maniacs: I sent you emails and a trade or two. Reply please?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Received dues from Vecna for 2021.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
awesome

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
there are some VERY intriguing players on taxi squads.....

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I see 3 that I want. 2 are instant starters on half the teams.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You guys are such fakers. If you were really considering a steal, you wouldn't post a warning like this lol.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I aint got room! Half my team is usually on IR for the season!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And so it begins. Titans had 8 people (players and personnel) positive for Covid. Titans and Vikings are now suspending everything in person.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Nick Foles MVP Covid Bowl 2020 !!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So if the teams just make this their bye week, I don't think our league has to do anything drastic. Players who tested positive will go into covid protocol and miss 3+ weeks I think, that goes into our special IR slots. The big question, which we keep not coming to a real decision on, is what to do if the season falls apart for at least one team... by which I mean, any NFL team doesn't play 15 games through week 16.

We have two things to resolve:
1. What do do about the money
2. What to do about rookie picks

Several ideas have been floated and debated but we have to come to a decision and the longer we wait, the more conflict of interest exists.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
My view hasn't changed. If its anything less than 15 weeks then roll it to larger pots next year.

Or do weekly incentives next year with the cash. Random poo poo that gives someone $5 for "most yards through air for RB" or "most tfl by LB"

Make a bunch of stuff up like that and reward it.

If anyone needs the cash back to make rent or something I vote just to dump it all to them though. Hate this service economy

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
How about we place bets on the last week football is played?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright.

So, Spermy's idea to roll all the money forward to next year is fine with me: but I'm in last place in the league, so that directly benefits me. I'd like to hear what the rest of you think, and Teemu maybe you could weigh in.

For picks, I have the idea that we could just straight randomize them, if we don't complete enough weeks to feel good about ranking us by wins, or points for, or whatever and leaving it at that. Also ranking by points for means it's a good year to tank, if you think we won't finish the season, and especially if there's no winnings this year, and that's directly contrary to the spirit of the league so I don't love that option either.

So totally just randomizing the picks at least doesn't incentivize tanking.

One money idea is to pay out a percentage of the pot equal to the percentage of the season we complete. So if we complete 8 weeks out of (our season length of) 16, then we pay out 1/2 the money in winnings based on win/loss ranking (PF tiebreaker) and just roll the rest over to next year?

If we make it through week 13 but no further, then we'll be in finals, at which point we'll have five playoff teams, we can rank them as the winners, pay out graduated amounts of the whole pot, and do our usual split & randomization for the losers.

What's really worrying me is if the NFL does some fuckery where some teams wind up playing more matches than others. At that point it's just a blatantly unfair season for someone, maybe we just call it a wash, randomize picks, roll all the money forward... ugh.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard

Spermy Smurf posted:

My view hasn't changed. If its anything less than 15 weeks then roll it to larger pots next year.

Or do weekly incentives next year with the cash. Random poo poo that gives someone $5 for "most yards through air for RB" or "most tfl by LB"

Make a bunch of stuff up like that and reward it.

If anyone needs the cash back to make rent or something I vote just to dump it all to them though. Hate this service economy

yeah I'm for the first option.. roll it to next year if we don't have playoffs and championship. this season could be a mess, and it sucks having to cannibalize your team in order to set a lineup for a season that may not even matter.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Nothing is going kill this season. Too much money involved and it’s already started progressing.

Bye weeks may get shifted, but this season isn’t going anywhere.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Titans/Steelers game is postponed. Most likely they'll shift the teams' byes to week 4, which will then affect one more team...

quote:

The simplest scenario for rescheduling is Week 7 on Oct. 25. That's the Titans' bye week. Pittsburgh is scheduled to play at Baltimore that week, but both the Steelers and Ravens have byes in Week 8, which would allow the NFL to make a change affecting only one other team.

So far no rostered player has covid, but by week shuffling affects everyone with those players on their team. I don't know about you guys but I never remember to look at byes and don't plan for them at all, but in theory this could be screwing with someone who was going to have good coverage and now they won't?

I can't think of how to adjust to that though. I think we just plow forward, much like the NFL.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I can't think of how to adjust to that though. I think we just plow forward, much like the NFL.

I'm in favor of putting my fingers in my ears and pretending all is normal also.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Lol this is why I made the executive decision to cancel my friends and family league for the year.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

Lol this is why I made the executive decision to cancel my friends and family league for the year.

It’s the same thing as 2 years ago when all games in Florida got postponed week 1 and they had no bye week. Or Texans the year before that.

It happens and they make adjustments.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i could see it becoming a weekly thing very quickly here

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Alfalfa posted:

It’s the same thing as 2 years ago when all games in Florida got postponed week 1 and they had no bye week. Or Texans the year before that.

It happens and they make adjustments.

Not even remotely the same, but sure pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So far it's a similar situation in that the NFL can reschedule one game, no teams have their byes yet, and fantasy players can adjust. If it happens more frequently or affects more teams at once then the season starts to get dicey.