Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Copy of my email with dates/times for upcoming drafts.

quote:

Hey all, almost time for a slow draft starting Monday the 23rd.

Teemu, pay Leperflesh if you want to be able to draft your 4 first round picks.

The clock will pause overnight, but your turn to draft will be something like 12hrs so there will be plenty of time anyway. You can trade picks and players during the draft, but you cannot drop players.

Dates and things to do:

All rosters need to be locked by Friday the 20th. Say Midnight? Doesn't really matter to the minute , but we need rosters locked a bit before the rookie draft begins.

So you'll want to have extra roster space to put your rookies. We will add a bench slot to everyone but this is not a bench slot that you should be using. The only reason this bench slot exists is so that you can move the player you just drafted to the Taxi Squad or IR. The league limit of 25 rosters and 4 taxi still exists, so don't blow your roster space.

When the draft is done we'll allow drops and then lock rosters again a couple days later so that everyone can take stock of which Veterans they want to bid on in the auction draft which will be on Thursday 9/2 at 9pm EST.

Yes, that's an early draft but it's Labor Day weekend so Friday-Monday are probably going to be busy for some people.

We have a couple new owners this year, so ask away guys. The Forums, Slack, Google Chat, or email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I will be sending my dues tomorrow, sorry I am not really paying attention to fantasy atm because work is stupid but I'll be good to go for the drafts

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK thank you Teemu and I understand about work. Good luck.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i forget how much these dues are

e: never mind figured it out, sent

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 19, 2021

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
This is why you are the third best commish behind me who forgets the rules daily and can't name every team in the league

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

i forget how much these dues are

e: never mind figured it out, sent

received and recorded! This is good, that we don't have to kick you out of the league, haha

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

drat you mean that was an option

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That's the official rule! Which we haven't revised or even thought about since it was written six or seven years ago, but according to the rule, dues are due a week before the draft and if you haven't paid we replace you.

I think we should probably revise that. For one thing, I didn't even start asking people to pay dues until about a week ago. And then we just scheduled the slow draft a few days ago. People deserve more warning.

Probably the rule should be each pick you have is forfeited if you haven't paid dues by the time that pick happens, or something like that.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I wont be back in town until the 26th and even then I'll be swamped when I get back. Will have spotty internet access from the 23rd to 25th, will figure something out.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

therealVECNAmfers posted:

I wont be back in town until the 26th and even then I'll be swamped when I get back. Will have spotty internet access from the 23rd to 25th, will figure something out.

It's a slow draft so it's not a huge time crunch, but you gotta fix your roster before you can draft.

Edit: You're 4th on the draft board so you can fill out your top4 guys in the pre-draft list and get one of them without having to even log in again.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Not unloading CMC but thanks for the trade offers. Roster is good to go.

therealVECNAmfers fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 20, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Reminder, if you traded (or are going to trade) 2022 picks, you need to pay your 2022 dues. Spermy and I are the only ones so far, so a few of you need to cough up the dough, per the league rule.

Drop lock is imminent. You can still trade players and picks throughout the draft, just no drops.

IR slots are for players who are designated as Out (officially, by the NFL, as reflected in MFL's status designations) or on the NFL Injured Reserve list. Last season you could also place players with the C(ovid) designation on special additional IR slots, but we did not vote to keep that or extend it or whatever, so we're back to 2 IR slots just for Out and IR players.

Taxi squad eligibility is for players who are rookies or sophomores and who have never been started by any owner. You can see a sophomore players' sit/start history by viewing their player page, and then changing the year in the URL for that page to 2020. For example:
Denzel Mims' player page: https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/player?L=79286&P=14846
Change the year to 2020:
https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2020/player?L=79286&P=14846
and the Status shows IR or NS (not started) for every game last year, so he remains eligible.

Beginning tonight and continuing throughout the rest of the season, you must remain under your salary cap, to the penny. The app may round a fifty cent cap bust down to exactly the cap, so check things carefully if you have players on IR (which halves their salary cap hit, to .50 if they have an odd salary).

Prepare. The slow draft will begin Monday! We'll run a clock during the day and halt it overnight. You could still miss your pick if you don't pay attention, so pre-draft in advance if you don't want to risk that! This is only achieved with the Pre-Draft screen (click For Owners and then My Draft List).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Received '22 dues from Vecna, duly recorded.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Grid up. One work day down, one pick in lol.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Zack screwed up his autodraft for 2.03. The next pick had not been taken, so on request I rolled back the pick.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey, Teemu, you OK bud? You missed your 3rd round pick and you're a bit over 3 hours away from missing your 4th.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Per the slack chat, I've reversed all the drops that took place since the rookie draft started. We've been discussing it and while we're open to changing the no-drops rule, we shouldn't change the rule in the middle of the draft without unanimous consent.

Chen Kenichi, you can still draft 1 more guy if you put TY Hilton, who is Out, onto your IR.

I've also properly set the drop lock. Spermy Smurf had an event on the league calendar for no-drops, but it doesn't appear to have actually worked properly for some reason. Probably he screwed it up somehow.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I am done drafting, thanks. Those drops were for the future since I knew where my draft set me.

Also I thought we were locked for drops but noticed the Russell Wilson/Amari Cooper drops and figured I missed a change. Sorry about that.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I mean. On paper the lock shoulda happened.

I dont understand mfl's site or football or women. It's all just a grey area.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chen Kenichi posted:

I am done drafting, thanks. Those drops were for the future since I knew where my draft set me.

Also I thought we were locked for drops but noticed the Russell Wilson/Amari Cooper drops and figured I missed a change. Sorry about that.

OK I'll set your draft to start skipping - make sure your draft list is empty or it'll autodraft anyone on it.

And no worries, makes sense that you saw the other drops and figured it was OK!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

oh hey sorry guys i am still here, just work's still crazy, tbh my draft options looking at the board weren't all that great so I'm not too vexed about missing them tbh. the pace of the draft kinda snuck up on me and i didn't expect to be up so quickly. i might make a 5th rd pick but probably not. I'll make sure to keep my email alerts on though so you don't have to wait for me if I'm skipping

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh good! We were seriously considering when you missed the whole draft, that you might be dead.

The rookie draft is over, though. The veteran auction is Thursday. You've got a narrow window between now and, basically EOD tomorrow, to drop veterans and make any trades you wanna make, before we lock poo poo up for that. You might want to consider dropping retired quarterback Drew Brees, for example? Just an idea.

Seriously though, I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm very glad you're not stuck in a hospital dying of covid or something.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

he'll still probably outscore tua

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Congrats everyone on a mostly successful veterans auction. Only had to unfuck it twice!

Teemu you missed the auction, lol.

Taxi Squad Thefts: you can declare thefts beginning Monday, September 6th, at Noon, Eastern time! The window for stealing players that play on Thursday the 8th closes at Noon Eastern on Tuesday. The window for players starting Sunday or Monday closes at Noon Eastern on Thursday.

After the first week, the windows run: Tuesday noon to Wednesday noon for TNF players, and Tuesday noon to Thursday noon for players in saturday, sunday, and monday games.

Free Agent Auctions will take place beginning on Wednesday, September 8th, and happen every Wed, Saturday, and Sunday throughout the season, always at 11 AM Eastern. Get your bids in well before the auction. Players dropped less than 24 hours before the auction cannot be bid on, and if you pick up a player from auction, you cannot drop him for another 24 hours.

The league is set to a soft salary cap. That's to allow you to trade for or FAAB for a player who you are going to put straight onto IR or taxi, who busts your cap while you transit him. It is still your responsibility to stay under your cap at all other times throughout the season. Be careful if you're within 1 dollar, because in some views like in the app, 50 cents of cap space may be rounded up to a dollar. Check on the MFL website roster list to be sure.

IR eligibility is Out or IR only. We can add Covid if you guys think we should (it was there last year).

Taxi squad eligibility is Rookies and Sophomores who have never started for any team in the league. Check sophomore's player pages with the year in the URL set to 2020 to see if they were started last year.

Your matchups for the season are already set. Good luck to all of you, but better luck to me!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Teemu you missed the auction, lol.

i wouldn't say i missed it, bob

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Did we hand out the trophy yet? Do you need my mailing address for it?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Did we hand out the trophy yet? Do you need my mailing address for it?

you mean this one?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

i wouldn't say i missed it, bob

We missed you :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh yeah, Give me money if you traded (sent or received) 2022 or 2023 picks and you haven't paid for those years yet. You can check the spreadsheet if you don't remember, look at the 2022 Budget and 2023 Budget tabs.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Dues sent. I got a 22 1st in a trade

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Make a 2024 budget tab

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I already did, because you overpaid your 2023 dues, remember?

e. dues received and recorded for The Zack.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

missing the auction was by design, to resist my temptation to spend a dickload of money on rodgers and dumb poo poo. i hosed up my last rebuild by going for it too early, the new strategy is to just roll with what I've got and sell what i can and just try to build through the draft. I've said for a while that the i hate the straight ratio to draft dollars to faab, which imo really makes it impossible to bridge the gap between have and havenot, so i just need to embrace my status as a havenot and try to get some more young dudes on this team.

capspace is a weapon, trade me your terrible waste of deals you don't want to drop in week 11, it's all it's really good for really

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 4, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I mean, you could just not overbid on dudes, but I understand if you needed to skip for your own strategy. Next time if you let us know in advance we'll be less worried about ya though!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Teemu Pokemon posted:

missing the auction was by design, to resist my temptation to spend a dickload of money on rodgers and dumb poo poo. i hosed up my last rebuild by going for it too early, the new strategy is to just roll with what I've got and sell what i can and just try to build through the draft. I've said for a while that the i hate the straight ratio to draft dollars to faab, which imo really makes it impossible to bridge the gap between have and havenot, so i just need to embrace my status as a havenot and try to get some more young dudes on this team.

capspace is a weapon, trade me your terrible waste of deals you don't want to drop in week 11, it's all it's really good for really

What's your preferred method of communication?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DM or email akickassduke @ gmail

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Teemu, you here man?

You skipped two drafts and have yet to set a lineup.

At least set a lineup next time you take a poo poo. :)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Alright everyone not sure what to do.

Teemu has missed 2 drafts. 2 waivers, and forgot to set his lineup.

He still technically can field a full team but needs to place some bids. He missed bidding on the ravens RB situation, so things like that hurt his team.

We need to field a full team for him regardless of what happens. New owner will want a chance at 1-0 if teemu doesn't come back.

I have zero roster space. He isn't in my division. Teemu needs 1 of 2 positions for immediate help this week by Sunday. I know who I would pick up if I was him.

How do we handle this? Do we (after Sunday waivers) stuff someone on his team and set his lineup?

All in agreement that his offensive starters are his 3 RBs (ekeler, Mixon, hunt) and Jefferson + Dionte? 1qb and 1te sort of seal that one.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So just to be clear, he's only missed 1 waivers, and the ravens RB stuff came out after that; next waivers run tomorrow morning (saturday).

But otherwise, yeah we're worried about Teemu not setting a lineup or managing his team. If he sticks with the league, not managing his team well is certainly his choice, but having 19 rostered guys (including one guy on IR), not drafting any rookies, and not using the waivers leaves his team unattractive to a potential takeover.

So, I'm extremely sympathetic if dude's just got poo poo going on in his life that is temporary etc., but I was chatting with Spermy and I feel like we both wanted there to be a plan in place that would be fair, in case we had to act quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

my friend's father passed away friday so i have been with him all weekend when i haven't been working but i was always intending to wait until the sunday waiver because i figured that i could have whoever i wanted for $1 since I'm sure everyone who was going to make a move wouldn't have waited until then (and i was right :madmax: )

work will start clearing up in a few weeks so I'll be a lot more active before we hit the midpoint of the season but I'll make sure i have a lineup every week

e: also you guys can have all the fun you want with the ravens rbbc death squad I'm not spending $20 on a 96 year old devonta freeman

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 13, 2021