Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Season 2 premiers 9/11 on Syfy. Get hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtqTKWWWCT0 (season 2 trailer, spoilers etc)

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
2 days! Not watching the clip if it is the trailer because I heard it has spoilers. We live watching in here? All 3 of us...

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Where the hell is Citizen Z in those promo shots? :colbert:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Michael Corleone posted:

2 days! Not watching the clip if it is the trailer because I heard it has spoilers. We live watching in here? All 3 of us...

Trailer has major spoilers if it's the same one aired on Syfy.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well then I'm avoiding the trailer but I am very hype for this.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Astroman posted:

Where the hell is Citizen Z in those promo shots? :colbert:

Well, there was the little matter of that missiles/nukes strike :shibe:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Caryna posted:

Well, there was the little matter of that missiles/nukes strike :shibe:

Him and his wolf bro better survive dang it.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

IRQ posted:

Him and his wolf bro better survive dang it.

How can they?

I jest because in Z Nation they could just land and be duds whatever move on.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
The only goddamn zombie show where everybody involved knows exactly how much gravitas a zombie show deserves. :allears:

Someone post the Zombie kill of the week gif involving the liberty bell please.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Also the episode description contains spoilers. I mean, for most shows I would assume that everyone is going to survive but in this show I honestly don't want to know.

Been rewatching S1 with my wife and daughter, they haven't seen it before so it's fun to see their reactions to main characters being killed off. We have 3 episodes left.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Klaus88 posted:

The only goddamn zombie show where everybody involved knows exactly how much gravitas a zombie show deserves. :allears:

Someone post the Zombie kill of the week gif involving the liberty bell please.
From the previous thread:

:patriot: just in time for :911:

Looking forward to this!

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
All the good buzz about this in last season's TWD thread made me DVR the season 1 marathon on Monday. So far I've watched through ep5 and haven't been disappointed. A good laugh is guaranteed at least every 5 mins or so and i have a big stupid grin through the whole show. And i agree whoever is making this has an excellent grasp on the genre and I especially enjoy the blatant riffing on the glaring faults of TWD.

Looking forward to Friday.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
It was around ep6 where the series turns a corner and heads toward legit good.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

wormil posted:

Yeah this show somehow walks the line between being a parody and being just serious and good enough that you care about the characters and story. I don't know how they managed it but they did.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

Our Sunshine. The circle of life will not be broken. :geno:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

wormil posted:

What, the baby zombie and cannibals in episode 2 weren't enough?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Somebody has been finding time for stomach crunches during the apocalypse. :laugh:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

IRQ posted:

Yeah this show somehow walks the line between being a parody and being just serious and good enough that you care about the characters and story. I don't know how they managed it but they did.

Like I said in some other thread -- Z Nation is like a girl that dresses slutty but turns out to be sweet and sincere.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Best character is zombie jesus.

I like the scene in which he finds the crying family that wants to get their dad back and then he lets zombie dad into the safehouse.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

etalian posted:

Best character is zombie jesus.

I like the scene in which he finds the crying family that wants to get their dad back and then he lets zombie dad into the safehouse.

After he steals all their food and water.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

wormil posted:

After he steals all their food and water.

Zombies don't need food and water, OK?!

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

I can't believe how legit excited I am for this. So many questions...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

The Murphy

In the Season 2 premiere, moments have passed since Murphy triggered the launch of tactical nuclear weapons and it's every man/woman for themselves as the group split up and try to outrun the impending blast. Meanwhile, Citizen Z finds himself battling thawed zombies and unable to communicate with the team, which leads him to make a desperate move that prompts the arrival of a mysterious and deadly bounty hunter.

Spoilers up in this synopses.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

wormil posted:

Wow you weren't kidding. It was almost complete farcical mockery and then BOOM Garnett dies and gets mercied and the show takes on a new voice.

Impressive how quickly it shifted to this:

IRQ posted:

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Yes! Surprised how much I ended up enjoying this show - originally tuned in to see how bad/corny it would be and it turned awesome. Only misstep was the weird recurring dream episode but even that wasn't too bad.

Can't wait to see Murphy's beautiful new face.

e: I mean, this show had a zombie Mountie.

el oso fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 12, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Locked and loaded T-minus 47 minutes!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
A Crystal skull reference :magical:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That was a pretty cool opening scene honestly

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

A Crystal skull reference :magical:

"Hey everybody remember that Indiana Jones movie that everyone agrees was kinda poo poo? Well we do too so have this."

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Mack should've left her :colbert:

So glad this is back and they're explaining things in a cool/entertaining way.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Erghh posted:

Mack should've left her :colbert:

So glad this is back and they're explaining things in a cool/entertaining way.

I was briefly worried that they were patching things up too nicely but it's clear that it will be a while before they return to the cute zombie-slaying couple we remember from the first season

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Good stuff so far, but aren't all these dudes and dudettes getting too many RADs?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Zombie strippers. drat Murphy

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Lesbian zombie strippers...

Grouping up makes sense overall and it doesn't seem like they're wasting time getting the band back together. Hoping there will be some lingering distance though (for drama).

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Oh god that pole dance.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Addy knocking the alcohol out of Ten K's hand is perfect. Just because it's the apocalypse doesn't mean he's 21.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I loved the zoom through the zombie headshot to the old man waving - that was great.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

When will this be put on Netflix? I just checked and it doesn't seem to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

Oh god that pole dance.

Someone was paid money to write that.

What am I doing wrong with my life. :froggonk:

Doc remains best character.

• Locked thread