Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
why does Diplomat have 11 rot oh god this is all my fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Yapping Eevee posted:

why does Diplomat have 11 rot oh god this is all my fault

Watching you two spiral rapidly into horror and despair as I gained three Rot from casting spells and then gained three more by eating Banes, all in a single night, was a joy to my blackened heart :)

(It was definitely your fault, thanks for infecting everyone on the map for me! Pity River stole the game in the end)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

At least I didn't get the bullshit River Hero Power kill on the king this time!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Haha yeah, you killed him one turn earlier using the Spirit Stones instead :v:

I should see if I can get a good Corrupted Gor rolling when we play again. That guy can be an absolute horror, especially if he recruits the Warlock, Apprentice, or Conjurer. I managed to hit 15 Rot last time I played as him.

I still lost because Sana sent my corrupted rear end straight to hell and then did the same to the King :negative:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Kaethela and myself are hanging around in the Steam chat again, in case anyone wants to play a game! :ducksiren:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

All this on a 7 Fight Zosha. I don't think there's a word for this level of jealousy.

Although in a stunning upset, Zosha beefed it at king-slaying and Magna summoned up a whole 12 Fight to do the job (somehow not giving the king a bunch of dice in the process). That game was a strange one all round, really.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

Although in a stunning upset, Zosha beefed it at king-slaying and Magna summoned up a whole 12 Fight to do the job (somehow not giving the king a bunch of dice in the process). That game was a strange one all round, really.

I was prestige leader and took the +1 health for me and the king to avoid getting lightning'd. Why yes, my fight with the king did leave him with exactly one health.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, not the call I would have made.

But then, I was playing Magna so thank you

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I just lost a surefire Spirit Stone win to the loving Stranger moving me onto a mountain, eating a lightning strike peril before I got to move and missing a turn entirely, and ultimately watching from across the throne room as Zosha burned a million shield cards to safely assassinate the King using the loving Poppet of all things

:negative:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I loving hate that guy.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Ignite Memories posted:

I loving hate that guy.

I might or might not have played an Execution peril on myself to get rid of the creepy bastard.

Edit: A couple of friends have just gotten armello and I was trying to play with them before running into a bug: when a Bane and a Rouyal Guard fight, it sometimes causes a multipleyr desync where the two never roll dice, they're just stuck in combat staring at eachother until everyone disconnects. It started doing this months ago and they still haven't gotten around to fixing it. Has anyone else run into this issue before, and if so, have you managed to avoid it somehow?

Drake_263 fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 30, 2017

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I haven't seen that, but I just had a game desync like that when a Sargon player ragequit in the middle of getting his rear end beat by my buffed-up Brun. The combat instantly ended, I returned to my space, Sargon instantly died, and then the game just sort of sat there refusing to let me do anything but spam emotes in a futile attempt to communicate what was happening to the other two players.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
https://twitter.com/ArmelloGame/status/848084781921218561

This needs to be preserved.

Also I need Amber/Sargon skins of this.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Pro tip: if your next quest is in a stone circle, don't get corrupted.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
https://twitter.com/ArmelloGame/status/849172399375253504

Time to get the Goonmello matches organised, folks!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

gently caress me, the achievement for getting 3 treasures and companions as Amber seems loving near impossible to complete. At least I finally found that stupid Poison Taster and finished my card gallery.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Angry Diplomat posted:

gently caress me, the achievement for getting 3 treasures and companions as Amber seems loving near impossible to complete. At least I finally found that stupid Poison Taster and finished my card gallery.

I somehow have that one already. The "Regain a Recruited Follower to your Party whom you had already lost that game." and getting three kills in one turn with River's hero power achievements are the actual impossible ones.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Kaethela posted:

I somehow have that one already. The "Regain a Recruited Follower to your Party whom you had already lost that game." and getting three kills in one turn with River's hero power achievements are the actual impossible ones.

Ironically I got the "regain a recruited follower" one by using Bribery on a Sargon who had used Bribery on me earlier while I was trying to get the Amber achievement. That follower was the only follower anyone had at all that game, so I guess his loyalty was hotly contested.

River's achievement sure does seem improbable though.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Angry Diplomat posted:

River's achievement sure does seem improbable though.

The only way I can see to get it is to grind up wits/spirit and hope you get enough teleports/damage spells to make it happen. I actually got really close one game, but I couldn't pull it off.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Armello is doing a double dip weekend event where you get two coin tosses instead of one for completing a multiplayer game. Might be a good time to organize some Goonmello!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Looks like the Bandit Clan DLC is live today!

e: Jesus, Silas is nuts. +1 sword per bounty level, and those swords pierce against King's Guard. And one of the Bandit rings gives you +1 Gold and Prestige for killing King's Guard. Just spend the whole game rampaging around GTA-style.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 26, 2017

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Angry Diplomat posted:

Looks like the Bandit Clan DLC is live today!

e: Jesus, Silas is nuts. +1 sword per bounty level, and those swords pierce against King's Guard. And one of the Bandit rings gives you +1 Gold and Prestige for killing King's Guard. Just spend the whole game rampaging around GTA-style.

Finally! I was starting to worry it was never coming out. Anyone up for a game or two tonight?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Does Scarlet seem wonky to anyone else? Her in-combat animations are really screwy and pixelated for me.

For that matter, has anyone else noticed the Bandit Clan "killing King's Guard gives you prestige & money" ring just not doing anything at all? I was killing guards and getting nothing but the usual -1 prestige.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Angry Diplomat posted:

Does Scarlet seem wonky to anyone else? Her in-combat animations are really screwy and pixelated for me.

For that matter, has anyone else noticed the Bandit Clan "killing King's Guard gives you prestige & money" ring just not doing anything at all? I was killing guards and getting nothing but the usual -1 prestige.

Haven't played Scarlet yet, but is the ring supposed to be a net +1 prestige, or does it just balance out the -1 from killing them in the first place? Also, Horace's ability is surprisingly useful. Never worry about guards blocking your way!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Kaethela posted:

Haven't played Scarlet yet, but is the ring supposed to be a net +1 prestige, or does it just balance out the -1 from killing them in the first place?

I have no idea, but it's also supposed to give you gold, and it hasn't been doing that for me.

9th Knight is a pretty rad ability for sure. It seems lackluster at first glance, but it's by far the most consistently useful Bandit ability imo.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
The ring worked just fine in the one instance where a guard jumped on me yesterday. Got the prestige and gold, then did the post-combat animations and took the -1 for killing them. So a net neutral result on prestige, unless it lets you take leadership.

I was thinking that Scarlet's battle art was a bit oddly blurry.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Double-posting, but they appear to have fixed Scarlet's blurriness. That's good.

Also Twiss might be my new favourite; sorry, Barnaby.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Twiss is amazing. You really have to grind out Prestige or rush the Spirit Stones most games, since she's loving terrible at fighting instead of running away, but if you have a solid plan for how to kill the King (or win by Prestige), she's a real bastard and a lot of fun to play.

I just finished a game in which my Twiss was at least matching an opponent's Sargon in a frenzied dickishness contest characterized by lots of deaths and embarrassing one-upmanship, like Sargon bribing my Apprentice away only for me to instantly execute him, followed by Sargon raging, casting Immolate on me, casting Glamour on me to steal my Hot Rot Wine, and then feeding it to me to take off my last hit point; I retaliated by placing a bounty on him, poisoning him, and helpfully lowering his Rot when I saw that he was trying to raise it. Scarlet and Horace spent the entire game uncomfortably adjusting their collars and staying as far away from the whole mess as they possibly could. I've seriously never seen a game with so little inter-player combat.

Move over Sargon and Mercurio, there's a new challenger for the title of Most Obnoxious rear end in a top hat.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 28, 2017

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Meanwhile, I had a game where an opponent's Sylas taught me that 10+ overkill damage is called an Annihilation, and they also managed a rot victory while rolling about 18 attacks and taking no damage against the king.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Okay Twiss owns. If you can get her Corrupted she's an absolute terror because she can just rage around the map eating Banes and nuking people with spells and trickery, and there's not a loving thing anyone can do to stop her since she's probably using the "stealth in towns" ring and attacking her directly just gives her one of your cards.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

This game looks interesting, is it still fun if I only have one person to play with?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

SinineSiil posted:

This game looks interesting, is it still fun if I only have one person to play with?
Absolutely! You also get chests & keys for playing with at least one random player in your game, which contain new pretty dice for you to use. (Entirely cosmetic, but very pretty... and sellable on the Steam marketplace!)

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Yapping Eevee posted:

Absolutely! You also get chests & keys for playing with at least one random player in your game, which contain new pretty dice for you to use. (Entirely cosmetic, but very pretty... and sellable on the Steam marketplace!)

Played my first game with my friend and we had absolutely no clue what we were doing so AI won. After that clumsy loss I noticed it has a tutorial so now I at least know what's going on! :o

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

This thing happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqXdp9FL9wY
It was going to be my friend's third win but it wasn't meant to be...

My friend has troubles winning any games :( I have ~12 wins and AI has like 3 but he has only won twice due to really bad luck and it really sours his mood. No idea what he's doing wrong.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I just started playing this last night and I'm actually loving shocked at how good it is. It's a lot of fun to play. I expected it to be hot garbage when I discovered it was a turn based strategy board game with dice and furry characters, but with it being F2P right now I decided to try it and I think I'm gonna get it; sadly, the sale ends before I get my next check, so I technically can't afford it right now. Gonna end up having to pay full price when it I get paid.

Eh, c'est la vie right?

Anyway, I'm going to actually finish playing the prologue and poo poo today so I can actually learn what the gently caress I'm doing. Just jumping right into multiplayer games with friends helped some, but some things weren't explained to me that I had to find out on my own. Like how burning cards worked. If I had played the prologue, I would have known that poo poo, and wouldn't have gotten my rear end kicked so many times.

Also Twiss is best squirrel. :allears:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Trolling people with Twiss is one of the funniest things you can do in this game. It's almost as funny as casting Banishment on a River who just broke into the palace when the King is at 1 health.

I wonder how active the goon group for this is these days? We should get some goonmello going again.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Yesterday Steam ruined the game I was playing with my friend. It was our first game against randoms online instead of AI and it got really exciting near the end. My friend and one random were both going for rot victory, my friend was already at Palace, everyone else was one turn away and then bam, everyone got disconnected because Steam maintenance. Ugh.

Also, I hate how expensive the DLC's for this game are.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Angry Diplomat posted:

I wonder how active the goon group for this is these days? We should get some goonmello going again.

Doesn't SEEM very active... gonna join the chatroom for a while, see if anyone is up for a game with myself and my cronies.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I've picked this up on the free trial and just played through my first game with the AI, it seems pretty fun and I'm probably gonna get it. But I'm confused about this:

I'm Barnaby, why did River get a prestige win?

edit: Nevermind, I just re-read the OP and saw the bit about the King needing to declare the prestige leader.

Lemon fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I think that if you're going to have a speed round on Fridays then the timer shouldn't count down whilst your character is playing it's little animation after equipping an item, thus causing you to miss your last chance to move. :colbert:

• Locked thread